• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Humam

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't there two Ninja Theory trademarks Bleeding Edge and UpREZ or something like that ?

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
When E3 hasn't even happened yet and his main gripe was halo, gears, forza (which ALL have single player)...yes, possibly a troll.

I guess you missed the "NEW" SP part. It is exciting Phil Spencer noted 14 games to show. Less exciting is if 33-66% of them are games we have known about for a while. I expect Halo to be there. SP in the last two games has been OK. Hopefully they will do better. More exciting will be something NEW! If Ninja Theory has something to show SP wise to go along their leaked MP title.

I find it hard to believe that anything that is not said in the most glowing terms is considered trolling. This is a message board and there is tons of speculation here. Speculating before the conference is common, so lets hold off with the "Wait till E3, Wait till X19, Build, etc". Its 3 days before. speculation should be normal and not trolling.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess you missed the "NEW" SP part. It is exciting Phil Spencer noted 14 games to show. Less exciting is if 33-66% of them are games we have known about for a while. I expect Halo to be there. SP in the last two games has been OK. Hopefully they will do better. More exciting will be something NEW! If Ninja Theory has something to show SP wise to go along their leaked MP title.

I find it hard to believe that anything that is not said in the most glowing terms is considered trolling. This is a message board and there is tons of speculation here. Speculating before the conference is common, so lets hold off with the "Wait till E3, Wait till X19, Build, etc". Its 3 days before. speculation should be normal and not trolling.

I didn't miss the "NEW" part, which is why I made a point to mention E3 hasn't happened yet. If you and others want to speculate about the entire MS lineup based on one trailer leaking that's certainly fine with me lol.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
If the Hellblade team has a SP game to show then everyone will be happy. MP and SP fans. But it's only been 2 years since Hellblade shipped and that team is only a couple dozen strong, how much can they have to show?
How long did it take them to make Hellblade?

Depending on the scale of the game, they could definitely have a trailer to show for a game to be released next year or even late this year. Hellblade was in development for about three years, and they had to deal with a lot of stuff in that time, securing funding, creating some of the tech they used, publishing etc. They won't have to worry about that stuff as much anymore, in part because they can reuse some of the stuff from Hellblade and in part because Microsoft has their back. If I were a betting man though I'd put the release mid to late 2020.

In total, around 20 staff worked on the game across three years

EDIT: Added a relevant quote from this eurogamer article to support my "about three years of development" claims.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
How long did it take them to make Hellblade?

I think it was about 4 or 5 years, but if you watch the dev diaries, a lot of that time went into researching tech/finding cheaper ways to do established things/building their own stuff to make it happen on the cheap, etc. I imagine their next project would be much faster.

EDIT
I was way off, it was three years. As said here:

It's also worth mentioning that it came out almost exactly three years after being announced (Aug 12 2014 announce - Aug 8 2017 release)

Last edited:

Luckydog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I didn't miss the "NEW" part, which is why I made a point to mention E3 hasn't happened yet. If you and others want to speculate about the entire MS lineup based on one trailer leaking that's certainly fine with me lol.

It is not based on a one trailer. We know Phil Spencer said they would have 14 Xbox Game Studios games. If we start ticking off games we know are coming from Xbox Games studios already and have a good shot of being shown, it leaves a very small amount of opportunities few new exciting single player experiences. This is a new IP which is great to see, but that now takes a slot of "new experiences" MS will show. Hopefully there are still options for new SP games. I also recognize my preferences are not everyones. But I reject the idea I'm trolling. Xbox is my main platform, have been on since day one, was a beta tester for live and have 10's of thousands of gamer score. I just want to see them A) do well and B) make more new games I like to play.

anil

Nov 3, 2017
I rarely play any multiplayer games, but this one looks really fun(Bleeding Edge). Hope its easy to get into

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
I guess that rumor about that Ninja Theory game with PvE involving traveling to different planets was BS.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Quoting for a new page, as my initial post was way off and I edited in more info. Didn't want it to get lost at the bottom of a page.

I think it was about 4 or 5 years, but if you watch the dev diaries, a lot of that time went into researching tech/finding cheaper ways to do established things/building their own stuff to make it happen on the cheap, etc. I imagine their next project would be much faster.

EDIT I was way off, it was three years. As said here:

It's also worth mentioning that it came out almost exactly three years after being announced (Aug 12 2014 announce - Aug 8 2017 release)

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Holy cow! I didn't expect that. I was under the impression that they are a small studio? I was getting a little worried that we would be waiting a long, long time for a SP game by them for Xbox because Hellblade took a good while, but this seems hopeful.
They are a small studio. They made Hellblade with 20 people, when they were acquired by Microsoft they grew a lot and then split their studio into 4 Hellblade-sized teams because they would prefer to make more Hellblade-sized games than combine all of their people to create one big game that takes 4-5 years to come out.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is not based on a one trailer. We know Phil Spencer said they would have 14 Xbox Game Studios games. If we start ticking off games we know are coming from Xbox Games studios already and have a good shot of being shown, it leaves a very small amount of opportunities few new exciting single player experiences. This is a new IP which is great to see, but that now takes a slot of "new experiences" MS will show. Hopefully there are still options for new SP games. I also recognize my preferences are not everyones. But I reject the idea I'm trolling. Xbox is my main platform, have been on since day one, was a beta tester for live and have 10's of thousands of gamer score. I just want to see them A) do well and B) make more new games I like to play.

All of that is fine, but you specifically said, "MS: We are acquiring new studios and letting them go to work!......to create a generic 4x4 MP GaaS.... ".

That's what I was targeting with my reply. Based on one leaked video your post implies you are assuming that Microsoft is only focusing on mp games. I apologize if I misunderstood you. As I previously said, feel free to speculate before any announcements are made.

Give us more leaks!!!

LOL!

tenor.gif

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I don't really see how MS announcing a new first-party game is supposed to be a megaton... If Ninja Theory revealed some massive AAA single player game, I still wouldn't consider that a megaton.

Luckydog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
All of that is fine, but you specifically said, "MS: We are acquiring new studios and letting them go to work!......to create a generic 4x4 MP GaaS.... ".

That's what I was targeting with my reply. Based on one leaked video your post implies you are assuming that Microsoft is only focusing on mp games. I apologize if I misunderstood you. As I previously said, feel free to speculate before any announcements are made.

Fair enough. My post is obviously a generalization based on the recent leak. It is clearly not everything they have. I would just love to see another Hellblade-esq or bigger type game when there is a new reveal, not another MP focused one but I get this is all my personal preference. I'm sure there will be more to show, but I can only go by what I have seen so far. If we are lucky nothing else more will leak and I can watch with a drink in hand and everyone can be pleasantly surprised.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

I'm not here to fight you, but what MS Studio games so far do we know are guaranteed to show up on the floor? I'd actually be surprised if Gears Pop showed up, it's already been announced and it's not really the kind of game to make a lot of fanfare about other than for the announcement. And Gears Tactics and Age of Empires are both 50/50 as far as I'm concerned, they could be at the PC Gaming show, or could not show up until Gamescom. So far this is what I was able to come up with as 100% going to be on the stage, please fill in any slots I missed

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Gears 5
  3. Ori 2
  4. Bleeding Edge
  5. Forza Horizon 4
  6. Battletoads
  7. The Outer Worlds
  8. Wasteland III
  9. Sea of Thieves (Probably)
I counted Sea of Thieves, because I think its becoming a canary for the state of Game Pass and Xbox in general. So with that I'd say the maximum number of games we don't know about we can expect is 5, and the minimum, if you add AOE4, Gears Tactics, Gears POP, and Bards Tale IV to that list, is 2. Average case is 4 unannounced games, counting Bleeding Edge. Not too bad, could be better, but could be a lot worse. It could be four games we already know about and a flute solo.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really see how MS announcing a new first-party game is supposed to be a megaton... If Ninja Theory revealed some massive AAA single player game, I still wouldn't consider that a megaton.
Hmm
I mean I know (and anyone who has been paying attention knows) that MS has lots of teams working on games.
But most around the internet seem to think Gears halo and forza are the only games MS will ever have or announce.
I'm not here to fight you, but what MS Studio games so far do we know are guaranteed to show up on the floor? I'd actually be surprised if Gears Pop showed up, it's already been announced and it's not really the kind of game to make a lot of fanfare about other than for the announcement. And Gears Tactics and Age of Empires are both 50/50 as far as I'm concerned, they could be at the PC Gaming show, or could not show up until Gamescom. So far this is what I was able to come up with as 100% going to be on the stage, please fill in any slots I missed

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Gears 5
  3. Ori 2
  4. Bleeding Edge
  5. Forza Horizon 4
  6. Battletoads
  7. The Outer Worlds
  8. Wasteland III
I counted Sea of Thieves, because I think its becoming a canary for the state of Game Pass and Xbox in general. So with that I'd say the maximum number of games we don't know about we can expect is 5, and the minimum, if you add AOE4, Gears Tactics, Gears POP, and Bards Tale IV to that list, is 2. Average case is 4 unannounced games, counting Bleeding Edge. Not too bad, could be better, but could be a lot worse. It could be four games we already know about and a flute solo.
I thought Rare said SOT wasn't going to be on floor?

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
If anything, that's his polite way of saying Bleeding Edge looks like ass.
He means he knew about the game, but that's not the megaton he was referring to
I think he means that he didn't see this as a megaton.

Nah, it was clearly not trying to say "Yes" or "No" by just saying he knew about the game and leaving it there. Its a really silly way of answering that sort of thing that doesn't hint at anything else lol

Oct 25, 2017

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Gears 5
  3. Ori 2
  4. Bleeding Edge
  5. Forza Horizon 4
  6. Battletoads
  7. The Outer Worlds
  8. Wasteland III

AOE is confirmed for the e3 stage afaik

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Gears 5
  3. Ori 2
  4. Bleeding Edge
  5. Forza Horizon 4
  6. Battletoads
  7. The Outer Worlds
  8. Wasteland III

I imagine Minecraft will show up in some capacity as well.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Gears 5
  3. Ori 2
  4. Bleeding Edge
  5. Forza Horizon 4
  6. Battletoads
  7. The Outer Worlds
  8. Wasteland III

Sea of Thieves has its own E3 stream according Mixer E3 the next day. I don't think they will be there.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Gears 5
  3. Ori 2
  4. Bleeding Edge
  5. Forza Horizon 4
  6. Battletoads
  7. The Outer Worlds
  8. Wasteland III
Rare in their last video said they are going to be on inside Xbox to promote the anniversary update, in the video before they said thats all they would be doing at E3. So they're not in the conference this year, as they have said they aren't ready to talk about whats next as they are still in the middle of planning it.

It sounds like Dungeons info will be saved for Minecon, as will the next update and earth has already been shown at Apple's conference. So I doubt it.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Minecraft Earth and Dungeons seem inevitable

Hmm hard to say, I can't see Earth simply because they have shown the trailer as well as demonstrated it the other day on Apples conference, Dungeons would have to be the obvious one considering we've only got one brief trailer.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
User Warned: Trolling over a series of posts in this thread
That Ninja Theory looks like Dookie

I hope they also bring a singleplayer 3rd person narrative driven real GOTY Contender EXCLUSIVE to E3 along with this Bleeding Edgy

Okay, being honest now, the game looks bad because of the Rage + Fallout Aestethic, i was expecting some PVP action with an artstyle inspired on Mass Effect and Warframe, not this shit.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm hard to say, I can't see Earth simply because they have shown the trailer as well as demonstrated it the other day on Apples conference, Dungeons would have to be the obvious one considering we've only got one brief trailer.

I would be ok with a Minecraft Earth trailer with some info when the beta is starting and then a gameplay demo of Dungeons

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fair enough. My post is obviously a generalization based on the recent leak. It is clearly not everything they have. I would just love to see another Hellblade-esq or bigger type game when there is a new reveal, not another MP focused one but I get this is all my personal preference. I'm sure there will be more to show, but I can only go by what I have seen so far. If we are lucky nothing else more will leak and I can watch with a drink in hand and everyone can be pleasantly surprised.

I totally understand. I hope MS announces several games that you really look forward to!

semeguze

Nov 15, 2018
Colombia
Ok guys, a minor leak is cool prior E3, but a whole video? c'mon, we are just 2 days away !!!
Why would someone do that? :(
Anyway i'm outta here (and almost every social network) to avoid spoilers, see you guys on Sunday. Have a good E3.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Long ass time as far as I remember. They put out dev diaries For years

As I posted upthread, they announced it in Aug 2014 and released it in Aug 2017. Dominic Mathews says three years in the acquisition video - my thinking is that some pre-production was done beforehand (they'd need to have something to announce, after all), and three years was the production period.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I thought Rare said SOT wasn't going to be on floor?
Rare in their last video said they are going to be on inside Xbox to promote the anniversary update, in the video before they said thats all they would be doing at E3. So they're not in the conference this year, as they have said they aren't ready to talk about whats next as they are still in the middle of planning it.

It sounds like Dungeons info will be saved for Minecon, as will the next update and earth has already been shown at Apple's conference. So I doubt it.
AOE is confirmed for the e3 stage afaik

Updated list given new information:
  1. Halo Infinite
  2. Gears 5
  3. Ori 2
  4. Bleeding Edge
  5. Forza Horizon 4
  6. Battletoads
  7. The Outer Worlds
  8. Wasteland III
  9. AOE 4
  10. Minecraft (Maybe)
Also worth pointing out that smaller announcements or updates on smaller games that were already revealed may be saved for the Inside Xbox stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.