• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Yeah, I'm quoting myself. Because the more I think of this, the more I think it's possible. Someone agree with me already so I can move on with my life.

From what I understand, concept and design on Stormlands became another game that also didn't make it over the finish line, and then that game became Tyranny. I also remember hearing that the concept for Stormlands multiplayer and the "million man raid" or whatever it was, came from Xbox, not from Obsidian, and Obsidian thought it was neat and kind of ran with it.

Given that information I'd be surprised to see Stormlands reaper, but it could happen, if it does I don't think it would come back as the big multiplayer boss raid game that I've heard about, the world could come back though, if anyone at Obsidian cares enough about it.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
I hate myself for reading "leaked" Gears 5 campaign info. I can't stop thinking about possibilities for level/world/encounter design and sense of epic adventure. One particular reference to one of the best games of this generation didn't help.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it is a ninety minute conference I really hope we don't get a fifteen minute xCloud segment, keep that to under five. It should really be it's own event rather than shoehorning it into the E3 presser.

Five minutes for Phil to open and close it.
Five to ten minutes for presenters throughout the show.
Fourteen games from Xbox Games Studios with an average of just over three minutes a trailer would be forty five minutes.
Twenty minutes to half an hour on third party.
Fifteen minutes to talk about next gen and xCloud.

There's a ninety minute presentation give or take a minute or two.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
bought the One X that I didn't need. I pay for Game Pass that I don't need, waiting for first party exclusives to justify everything.

One week to find out if I should dump my Microsoft stock, and stop supporting the brand entirely.
Fucking lmao

Bruh why you buying so much shit you know you don't need or want. Gotta get some parental lock on that shit it reads like a post out of the "my kid bought x with my credit card today" threads you see online.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hJl_6QEU

giphy.gif
Thx for the spoiler asshole. And I thought I was gonna go into this E3 blind

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Halo Infinite demo may be our first look at what to expect from next gen visuals. Hopefully it has ray tracing

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
User Banned (1 Month): Trolling, long history of similar infractions
Fucking lmao

Bruh why you buying so much shit you know you don't need or want. Gotta get some parental lock on that shit it reads like a post out of the "my kid bought x with my credit card today" threads you see online.

Because I can afford to.

BvDU.gif

Enjoy Gears of Bore 5 when it launches. I won't. :)

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
They didn't need to have Halsey in the game for long to change the way she is. It's clear from the opening pre-rendered cut-scene. The whole story arc of her being the scapegoat for the Spartan 2 project is also BS. They just forced all of this in because they needed Halsey to be a potential enemy in sparton ops.

I know who the Librarian, forerunners, and Didact are. I just think they did a horrible job explaining who these characters are or their significance to the universe. Also don't get me started on the "seeds" the librarian left and John's "evolutionary journey". They turned Chief into space Jesus with that bullshit. Trying to push the notion that his physical nature, the suit, combat skill, etc. is all the result of some gene seeds is so silly and stupid, it hurts my brain.

The whole relationship between John and Cortana was the only aspect that wasn't a train wreck. So it makes sense you want to focus on that. However there is just so much wrong with everything else that it's a damn shame what 343i have done.

I agree that there being two Didacts is inconsequential to the story and that's what makes that story thread stupid. It just drives confusion from people like me who have fallen behind with the books but still tries to keep up with the story in Halo.

I also get their intentions with the knights. I just think it's incredibly stupid. It's never properly explained what the prometheans are and it's puzzling how 343i is OK with that.
Yeah I focused on the relationship because the 2 characters the game focused on was them... every cutscene, every gameplay banter was literally of those 2 characters. I'm not focusing on anything, that's what the game was. YOUR focusing on the minor elements of a save the girl story. Again I thought the didact was cool, I fucked with the whole Shakespearean holier than thou persona. Uncovering the mystery of the shield world finding out it's essentially a giant prison. Finding out chief was space Jesus was also dope to right the wrongs the librarian couldn't, all it did was make him immune anyways, it's great plot thread for newer halo's especially since chief has been speculated (from the gameplay not the books, ala halo 1) to be a reincarnation of (forgot his name) a forunner from eons ago since day 1.

She left something in place to get humanity through the battles that THEY lost. I think you looking to hard into minor shit when it was all pretty straight forward. Seriously, watch ign, gamespot, acg (personal fav), literally anyone review that game and they'll tell you what made the game great is having an already established relationship reach new heights.

And Halsey was there for less than 5 damn minutes. I think your just being overtly negative. Like, fine it's not everyone's cup of tea I get that. That doesn't mean the dialogue, emotion (remember the dude before lasky? Forgot his name but I loved to hate him, that's the same humanity that's persecuting Halsey which I still don't see how you see her as a mad scientist. It's oni/humanity trying to cover there ass over the Spartan program,) character growth is all mute because they had a 5 minute scene with hasley and you couldn't figure out the motives of the didact and librarian for some reason.

It was pretty straight forward in terms of halo games. If you were to say oh the mission structure was boring (which I'd still disagree with, it wasn't the most diverse but it sure as hell shits on any other FPS campaign this gen besides titan fall 2) I could see your points, but the story is just objectively good. Not like I'm making this up, that was just the general consensus for halo 4, MP was ass but the story was top notch. Never seen anyone say otherwise, well I mean, until now lol. But then again people haaaaated 343 back then just for the halo community to turn around and say man wasn't halo 4 great? Lol, they did the same thing with reach and ODST. Each their own I guess.

If I was to rank the story's in halo I'd say halo 1 (was the start of a universe, never going to top that), halo 4, halo 2 (that ending man, 4 left me in tears 2 just had me like "Wat.. that's it"), ODST, (even though this is my favorite halo, missions we're the best hands down) 3. Never played the halo wars games so I'm not going to add those. How would you rank them? I'm curios.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed already. Xbox: The beatings will continue until morale improves.

All I want to see is big acquisition news out of Japan. Unannounced games from there.

All the announced shit is not interesting at all to me, and the all but confirmed Fable 4 I've been waiting for needs a trailer or teaser.

10 years since Lost Odyssey, better late than never pittance from 3rd parties. Fable is still dead. Gears of War is the most boring franchise I've ever had the misfortune of experiencing and it's getting flagship hawked with franchising along with hardware upgrade hype it seems like every year. I'm not willingly playing any of that shit.

I bought the One X that I didn't need. I pay for Game Pass that I don't need, waiting for first party exclusives to justify everything.

One week to find out if I should dump my Microsoft stock, and stop supporting the brand entirely. E3 needs to be good, and I have a feeling it won't be.

Only a few back compat releases for weeks and months, tune into IX to get hawked controller paint jobs and bundles for shit I own already, or listen to enthusiam for game updates. God damn. Crackdown 3 might have killed all hope.
New meme?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Because I can afford to.

BvDU.gif

Enjoy Gears of Bore 5 when it launches. I won't. :)

Oke. Next.

---

You know what would be amazing if that new PC app also like a virtual machine kinda thing. So you start up the app. Have all your games there, gamepass section etc.
But also something called legacy console games. You start that up and you boot into the 360 UI just like on the xbox one with BC and you can play all the BC games there. Offcourse with a controller. But that would be amazing.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Phil needs to resign and Don Mattrick needs to rise out of the stage, surrounded by clearly visible, poorly placed smoke machines and cheap lights.

Come on, Xbox. Impress me.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
If it is a ninety minute conference I really hope we don't get a fifteen minute xCloud segment, keep that to under five. It should really be it's own event rather than shoehorning it into the E3 presser.

Five minutes for Phil to open and close it.
Five to ten minutes for presenters throughout the show.
Fourteen games from Xbox Games Studios with an average of just over three minutes a trailer would be forty five minutes.
Twenty minutes to half an hour on third party.
Fifteen minutes to talk about next gen and xCloud.

There's a ninety minute presentation give or take a minute or two.

I think they have slotted for 120 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.