• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I don't particularly agree with that. You aren't going to have that kind of output. Even Netflix goes out and buys movies and series to prop up their netflix originals.
Microsoft can't count on that output to come from third parties. There is no market of AAA-sized independently produced games waiting for publisher/distribution for GP to snatch up exclusive rights to like the one that exists for movies.

Not to say they need to buy 10 more studios, either. XSGP with a larger budget and support staff could go a long way to deliver for GP.

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft can't count on that output to come from third parties. There is no market of AAA-sized independently produced games waiting for publisher/distribution for GP to snatch up exclusive rights to like the one that exists for movies.

Not to say they need to buy 10 more studios, either. XSGP with a larger budget and support staff could go a long way to deliver for GP.
I think we're getting too caught up in the AAA wording. Games like World war Z, bio mutant, (basically anything from THq Nordic) are what I'm referring to. The high Aa to low AAA game

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Come on. Let's get back to reality here, folks.

Microsoft should spend billions to acquire Bethesda, and Sega Sammy.

All other AAA studio hype would be rendered meaningless, Xbox would retroactively win console wars, and all future Xbox consoles would be worthy of the Quad Damage sound effect upon power startup.

We could even get Chu Chu Rocket on Game Pass.

tenor.gif

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Viva Piñata: The Decay by Undead Labs
both survival games where you build up your base. could happen.
Hold on wait, but actually can we talk to someone about making these two happen?
YESSS. The Viva Piñata one was 100% the one that made me pause. That could be so good.. Dude, even if you just took SOD2 and asset swapped the players or the zombies.. I would play that in a heartbeat.

I would also be down for flight sim AR, fusion frenzy MMO, and Blinx immersive sim.

We need more "Hunt the Truth" and "I Love Bees"

Stinkles, PLEASE!
Lots of people worked on Hunt the Truth, including me and my squad of Franchbots, but the primary talent IMO would be Noah Eichen (I hope he doesn't mind me singling him out) who worked for the Ayzenberg Group. In fact I didn't really want to do it until we walked through what it was and what it could be. My reservation was treading the same ground as ilovebees without adding anything new, but Noah convinced me that we could turn it into - in some ways - a very conventional and straightforward radio drama. Then we just kept lucking out with talent on casting and building the components.
It was so good! I appreciate the look into how complex these operations can be and how many little things have to fall into place for good to be spun. Huzzah, now let there be more. If Serial taught me anything, it's that radio dramas in the form of podcasts are freaking awesome.

Apr 23, 2018
With the whole Minecraft story mode being delisted and people who bought it not being able to redownload the game. It would be a nice surprise to see Microsoft announce that at E3 that they are putting it back on each platform and if you bought it previously you'll be able to download it again.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
With the whole Minecraft story mode being delisted and people who bought it not being able to redownload the game. It would be a nice surprise to see Microsoft announce that at E3 that they are putting it back on each platform and if you bought it previously you'll be able to download it again.

they can't tho

microsoft owns the ip but they don't own the licensed works of said ip.

Apr 23, 2018
they can't tho

microsoft owns the ip but they don't own the licensed works of said ip.
I know Microsoft owns the IP not the license, should have clarified that. From reading the thread discussing this. But then who owns the license works then? Telltale, but their out of business. I imagine someone somewhere owns the license. What about Skybound coming back to finish the walking dead. Is this not a similar situation? It can't just be gone forever but maybe it is. It seems lots of people are upset about it and rightfully so.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

All other AAA studio hype would be rendered meaningless, Xbox would retroactively win console wars, and all future Xbox consoles would be worthy of the Quad Damage sound effect upon power startup.

tenor.gif
The though of a Ms full of cash to invest owning Sega and establishing the AM studios back is very exciting

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

tenor.gif
Look, we all know Microsoft isn't going to buy a publisher. We know that. Don't need to retread that ground.

And anyway, how much would Sega and Bethesda even be worth. Nah.

MS should do a merger with the country of Japan. Boom.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

tenor.gif

I know it would never happen, but it would be amazing if MS did get Sega and all of it's IP's. A new Phantasy Star On-Line would be amazing and all the other properties Sega has. It will never happen, but it would be amazing.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I'm all about Microsoft and Sega rekindling their relationship and investing in revivals of old Sega IPs assisted by Microsoft money and MSGP

Sandbox

Jan 28, 2019
I know there is no official announcement, But Is Microsoft really building a new studio for Age of Empires ?

Because that would be exciting

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Microsoft conference is 2 hours of Just Dance routine confirmed. The 14 XGS games will be represented by interpretive masks on some of the dancers. It'll be like a spot the difference exercise.

14 could be full of just known games + fable 4(leaked months ago). Having expansions leaked isn't exactly worth leaking.

New consoles were leaked by everyone under the earth already.

Even the 3rd party announcements at the conference started to leak with the "GoT souls" game.

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I love Age of Empires.

But if Microsoft revives Age of Mythology, I'll buy Anaconda on day one (Or get a good PC for the first time... ever). My favorite RTS of all time.
I was going to recommend you Age of Mythology: Extended Edition but then I noticed it is already five years old! There are still some people playing it though (especially The Titans). Look at this YouTube channel for some guy casting competitive AoM matches: https://www.youtube.com/user/HailBoItTV

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
I mean, they're having a show? Leaks are leaks and if the information was out there, it'd be getting leaked to some degree, even if it was really, really lackluster. I'd say it's more indicative of Microsoft just running a really tight ship this year.

The show itself might not have been leaked, but still have all the contentes known/leaked by now as we kept reading pieces of rumors almost every month. Which yeah in this scenario, technically it didn't leak but there's still nothing new to leak. Simple example, was fable 4 leaked to be in dev months ago? Yes; was it leaked to appear this year? Not quite aside from maybe.

^

What if possibility.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I mean its weird that we are considering Bleeding Edge a "known quantity" when we have never seen or heard a verifiable thing about it.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
14 could be full of just known games + fable 4(leaked months ago). Having expansions leaked isn't exactly worth leaking.

New consoles were leaked by everyone under the earth already.

Even the 3rd party announcements at the conference started to leak with the "GoT souls" game.

Theoretically it's a possibility. No surprises conference has never happened in the history of MS E3 shows, last year's conference didn't leak either, and this year they said that they've decided to go big instead of keeping it low, but it's a possibility. Theoretically.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Theoretically it's a possibility. No surprises conference has never happened in the history of MS E3 shows, last year's conference didn't leak either, and this year they said that they've decided to go big instead of keeping it low, but it's a possibility. Theoretically.
I think this the first time I literally haven't seen any leaks pre show.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I think this the first time I literally haven't seen any leaks pre show.

I don't think we've had any actual leaks last year either. That's when they changed venues, so that might've helped them keep everything under wraps. Sure, we've had some speculation before the show, but the same is true for this year. For instance, we have a pretty good idea of what Ninja Theory might be revealing.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the fact that three new Gears games would be revealed did leak before the show, did it not?

Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I absolutely hate this "it's known, so it isn't exciting" mentality.

We basically know nothing about Halo Infinite, FH4 Expansion 2 or Battletoads (& most of the other games really). I'm super excited to see these games - more so than for new game announcements that may be years away likely.

If anything, 14 XGS games on stage just shows the huge output potential Microsoft first-party has these days.

Thumbs up on this. Those games are unknown at this point. I don't know what to expect...outside of the fact that we'll be playing all them within the next 18 months.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I don't think we've had any actual leaks last year either. That's when they changed venues, so that might've helped them keep everything under wraps. Sure, we've had some speculation before the show, but the same is true for this year. For instance, we have a pretty good idea of what Ninja Theory might be revealing.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the fact that three new Gears games would be revealed did leak before the show, did it not?

It was (by Polygon iirc) but they thought Tactics was a BR game instead of a Xcom clone, I remember being so relived when Tactics was revealed cos Gears BR is a terrible idea lol

Last edited:

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
You know what leaked last year? Rumors of acquisitions. You know what was exciting last year? Acquisitions. You know what else leaked last year? Rumors of "Halo Infinity". You know what was amazing last year? Halo Infinite. You know what was a "known quantity" last year? Shadows Die Twice. You know what was a flipping awesome reveal last year? Sekiro.

There were small leaks literally day of, probably around the scale/credibility of what we have now, and even then we were blown away. Silence is exciting, but the show will be awesome regardless

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely hate this "it's known, so it isn't exciting" mentality.

We basically know nothing about Halo Infinite, FH4 Expansion 2 or Battletoads (& most of the other games really). I'm super excited to see these games - more so than for new game announcements that may be years away likely.

If anything, 14 XGS games on stage just shows the huge output potential Microsoft first-party has these days.
It's okay to feel that way in my opinion and frankly you can feel. However you want in truth.

Like Halo is going to be Halo, and hopefully they make a good halo game this time.

A expansion to a game, i don't have. Is moot to my excitement.

Also who really cares about Battletoads? or Bards tale on console? could be another wet fat like Crackdown 3.

Like right now and for next gen they need to get the ball rolling on those first party titles. Because talking about 14 games being revealed and if 10 of those were expected or known (or a multiplat game), like that doesn't really scream new exciting ips ala Ubisoft. A topic that's been talked to hell and back but here we are, heading into next gen soon and MS still doesn't have their swan song like God of War. Like i need a reason to play my Xbox one still. While my PS4 gets play.

Last edited:

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
You know what leaked last year? Rumors of acquisitions. You know what was exciting last year? Acquisitions. You know what else leaked last year? Rumors of "Halo Infinity". You know what was amazing last year? Halo Infinite. You know what was a "known quantity" last year? Shadows Die Twice. You know what was a flipping awesome reveal last year? Sekiro.

There were small leaks literally day of, probably around the scale/credibility of what we have now, and even then we were blown away. Silence is exciting, but the show will be awesome regardless

This!

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Releasing Age of 4 on PC is a must. AoE2 HD and AoE3 is still played by many.

Releasing AoE: DE only on Win10 Store was a stupid decision.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
It's okay to feel that way in my opinion and frankly you can feel. However you want in truth.

Like Halo is going to be Halo, and hopefully they make a good halo game this time.

Also who really cares about Battletoads? or Bards tale on console? could be another wet fat like Crackdown 3.

Like right now and for next gen they need to get the ball rolling on those first party titles. Because talking about 14 games being revealed and if 10 of those were expected or known (or a multiplat game), like that doesn't really scream new exciting ips ala Ubisoft. A topic that's been talked to hell and back but here we are, heading into next gen soon and MS still doesn't have their swan song like God of War. Like i need a reason to play my Xbox one still. While my PS4 gets play.
This doesn't make a lick of sense. Halo infinite or gears 5 or battle toads or etc can be their "swan song" which in fact, will most likely be halo infinite. If they're was a halo game in the 70's (at least I'm not aware of, maybe halo spartan assault but obviously that doesn't count) I'd get what your saying but there hasn't been one. Even halo 5 was good despite the campaign (shocking news, halo has more content than JUST a campaign, who would've thunk) being a lie.

Can't get how people say "MS NEEDS NEW IP's" then in the same breath say "Oh they'll never have a game like god of war" .... which is an old established IP. The logic man, screw it I guess. Moral of the story, don't count games that we literally no nothing besides the damn name about. You just reek of pessimism. Halo has a brand new engine, and why am I the only one who remember how massive halo infinite trailer was in the gaming community? Go on YouTube and type in halo infinite reactions, it was a huuuge deal last e3. And it was only a freaking ENGINE trailer, you are writing off games based on an ENGINE TRAILER. I'm biased as hell for halo as you can tell, but at the end of the day halo is like Nintendo's zelda. Doesn't matter what new ip's they'd drop to please y'all naysayers, all eyes WILL be on infinite whether you like it or not. Ninja theory could melt eyeballs, but people would still scoop said melted eyeballs to go watch more on halo infinite lol.

Then your the same type of person that will complain about new ips then completely write of rare and ninja theory's games because they might be multiplayer based, I just can't fathom how you don't see these goal posts constantly shifting. Inexile has a WHOLE project that MADE MS buy them, it was the icing on the cake in regards to their buyout. We haven't seen it, yet here we are saying nobody out of those 14 games will actually show a new game other than the 4 games we know will be there. And also, it seems like forza is the only expansion will see at E3, sea of thieves is confirmed to not be there, and if that games not there I highly doubt they'd put in state of decay expansion this late in the game. And I'd really like to know these "confirmed" 10 out of 14 games are.

Still can't get over halo will be halo quote, like that won't be the best selling of all the Xbox studio games, I really can't with these goal post switches. We got fable 4 and perfect dark rumors heavily backed by insiders and here we are with the "ew those aren't NEW ips there just NEW games" while your literally saying it has to be AS good as an old IP that Sony made into a new game. I apologize in advance if I'm coming off rude, I've just seen your exact comment repeated over and over by others with little to no facts behind them.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Like right now and for next gen they need to get the ball rolling on those first party titles.
This is a common sentiment but I'd rather go with the Miyamoto approach personally
Having 5 years between halo game releases as an example is great as it is giving them more time than ever to ppolish a Halo game, which 343 needs given their track record with the franchise
The studios exist and they are working on projects. The projects will come, it doesn't really matter when.

Gears 5 and ori 2 are coming this year they are really the last of the games prior to XGS studio purchasing spree. After this year more and more games are going to be pushed out by XGS.

You can feel that the proof is in the pudding if you want, but its not like there are video game studios out there not working on games.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of people worked on Hunt the Truth, including me and my squad of Franchbots, but the primary talent IMO would be Noah Eichen (I hope he doesn't mind me singling him out) who worked for the Ayzenberg Group. In fact I didn't really want to do it until we walked through what it was and what it could be. My reservation was treading the same ground as ilovebees without adding anything new, but Noah convinced me that we could turn it into - in some ways - a very conventional and straightforward radio drama. Then we just kept lucking out with talent on casting and building the components.

Just wanted to say thanks for Hunt the Truth, it was incredible and has me really excited about the potential of the Showtime series.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

This is, respectfully, bullshit. Even if you know a game will be shown, it doesn't mean it can't blow you away with new revelations and increase (or build) your hype for it. Halo is going to be Halo? Actually, from what we heard, Halo is going to be much more than Halo has been so far. You mentioned God of War. Why can't Halo give us such an evolution? And the same applies to Gears 5. Yep, we've already seen a trailer, but we already saw trailers for Death Stranding too and this didn't keep the latest one to be absolutely mindblowing.

And obviously, this isn't the E3 where they're going to hype next-gen games. That will be next year.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Welp, I'm keeping my expectations modes with only wanting to see Fable reboot by Playground Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.