• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand I want the whole conference to leak because I can't wait until next Sunday, and on the other hand I don't - because it'll be exciting to go into a Microsoft conference completely blind for once... especially one as pivotal as this....
The wait is killing me too but I don't want anything to leak. I've already waited over 350 days.
You lurk in this thread, lol.
Lol... Are you surprised?

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
There is allot of stuff said on that podcast that make me cringe, its information out in the open and they can't get the basics right
Aside from Ryan everyone else is a filler in that they cover as much Xbox as any other brand most of the time, so when they sit at a table to discuss very specific content, they are unprepared. I don't know how they could solve it, honestly, unless they hired three of us lol

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I haven't watched a full E3 keynote for years, but I'm looking forward to this one. Sadly I won't be able to watch it live as I got a job interview a few hours later (it will be Monday morning in my timezone)

Oct 25, 2017
Man i feel people expecting new acquisitions will be really disappointed, don't think MS is looking for more studios in the near future

i do hope to see some new partnerships, though! Can't wait for next sunday so much hypeeeeeeeee

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
If any of you signed up for FanFest, keep an eye on your emails. A friend of mine received an email earlier with an invite to the briefing. It's briefing only though, so don't expect all of the FanFest stuff like E3 tickets and the like.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
To go big as they ever have will include some type of studio language.

Bet on it. The talk about new studios has died down mainly because klob has been away imo. He helped drive that conversation due to his detective skill.

Like others have said prior, we had about 4*? Studios we had no clue about last year. Not even on our radar. Anything can still happen, and it will.

LO2 trailer for 2021 launch. Believe lol

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
To go big as they ever have will include some type of studio language.

Bet on it. The talk about new studios has died down mainly because klob has been away imo. He helped drive that conversation due to his detective skill.

Like others have said prior, we had about 4*? Studios we had no clue about last year. Not even on our radar. Anything can still happen, and it will.

LO2 trailer for 2021 launch. Believe lol
"As big as they ever have" is code for "calm your expectations."

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
In the long term, sure, in the near future though (1-2 years), i'm not so sure

They are definitely looking for them in the near-term much more than after 2 years from now. They are doing this out of necessity. All the companies are about to be buying up these studios (imo), including Google and Tencent. If Sony is about to expand, MS really must expand as well. It's an arms race.

Invoker

Chicken Chaser
May 29, 2019
Do we have any clues or rumors that InXile has something else to show at E3 that isn't Wasteland 3? I mean, I know their team is not that big, but maybe they have something more, just like obsidian, that works on more than one project.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
It's pretty safe to say that they are still looking, I am just not confident that they have closed any deals recently. It isn't like you just press a button and an acquisition is done, it's more complex then that.

Expecting multiple acquisitions is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Do we have any clues or rumors that InXile has something else to show at E3 that isn't Wasteland 3? I mean, I know their team is not that big, but maybe they have something more, just like obsidian, that works on more than one project.
They're definitely working on something else but I doubt it's ready to be announced yet, unless you really want to be blue-balled for the next 3 years.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I expect one. If it doesn't happen, I still won't be disappointed because at the end of the day this is just for entertainment and there are plenty of games still on the way . It's just fun to put out ideas and see where they go.
I'll just slap my knee, yell crickey and move the fuck on lol.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass has been stellar.

Void Bastards and Outer Wilds are both fantastic games and incredibly different experiences.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Yikes I got an email with a briefing ticket in it. I could go and 3-day E3 pass for $2k including lodging and airfare from Minneapolis. I'm trying to save money for a big move (to Oahu). I'm old and employed and can swing it. But I have to get away from these winters or I might die. Literally. Severe Seasonal Affect Disorder.

Talk me out of it. Or talk me into it. Decisions are not my forte, but it's soooooo tempting. Helllllpppppp!!

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes I got an email with a briefing ticket in it. I could go and 3-day E3 pass for $2k including lodging and airfare from Minneapolis. I'm trying to save money for a big move (to Oahu). I'm old and employed and can swing it. But I have to get away from these winters or I might die. Literally. Severe Seasonal Affect Disorder.

Talk me out of it. Or talk me into it. Decisions are not my forte, but it's soooooo tempting. Helllllpppppp!!

If it's just the briefing and a normal E3 badge with no FanFest, I would pass and try to get into FanFest next year. Especially to go play next gen games.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

If you have the time, the money why not? I have been to a ton of E3's and Press Conferences and it is a lot of fun. If you never have been to one, I urge you to go for it.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Lol First two answers - - 1 on each side. UNHELPFUL!

I tried to get a FanFest ticket and didn't win the lottery. If I had both the briefing and FanFest I would do it. I'm a total fanboy.

Already going to Halo Outpost, but that's in Chicago 15 minutes from my childhood home, so cheap and knocks out a visit to the parents as well.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Personally hoping Gears 5 is a late September release as that would be perfect for me.

Confused? What were they confused about? I'm not invested in Xbox like others here are but even I know the studios that Microsoft owns. Oh well. I stopped watching Unlocked (and Beyond) a long time ago. Plus, I discovered Rand's Xbox podcast and Dealer's Xbox podcast so truly no reason for me to watch IGN.

Thus far for me -
Good: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Great: Far Cry New Dawn, Devil May Cry 5 and Mortal Kombat XI
Excellent: REmake2, Metro Exodus, The Division 2, Days Gone and Rage 2

Expectations for 2019 games with a confirmed release date -
Good: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and Remnant: From The Ashes
Great: Judgment, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Astral Chain, Control and Jedi Fallen Order
Excellent: Gears 5 and Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Expectations for 2019 games without a confirmed release date -
Good: Raji: An Ancient Epic
Great: Biomutant, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4, Code Vein, Doom Eternal, Oninaki and The Outer Worlds
Excellent: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

2019 may very well end up being the best year of the generation for me. I do think that Nioh 2 and Avengers are 2020.

I'm pleased for you, but as you know...this year is shaping up to be one of the worst this generation for me...without question the worst second half.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
Yes. But it's not really my place anymore. Just saying it's fairly far off.

I'm just curious. How do you know what "other" developers in other companies are doing? Friend chatter, back door access to the main server, espionage? If I work at Rare how could I possibly go on Resetera and say "Age of Empires" isn't coming out until next year. How do you guys know each other's info?

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
I'm pleased for you, but as you know...this year is shaping up to be one of the worst this generation for me...without question the worst second half.

Second half (July-December) thus far for me is Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Remnant: From The Ashes, Astral Chain (Switch), Control, Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Jedi Fallen Order. None of these games interest you at all?

Then, expected games like The Outer Worlds, Biomutant, Gears 5 (which is guaranteed at this point), Doom Eternal, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Link's Awakening (Switch) and Watch Dogs 3 will most likely have a release date after E3. None of these interest you either?

You should try out more games. Do what I do if need be. Rent via GameFly. And just try out some games. For example, I tried out 2017's Battle Chasers Nightwar before Days Gone which is a turn based RPG with dungeons, crafting, etc. after watching YouTube Gameumentary's on Airship Syndicate which is the independent developer behind the game as well as watching Gunfire Games gameumentary. Not only did I find a damn good turn based RPG with a beautiful art style and graphics but also found Remnant from Gunfire Games which is basically what their original idea was for HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age before Crytek shutdown Crytek USA and turned HUNT into an online FPS battle royale or whatever it is. Crytek USA was basically ex-Vigil Games employees and once Crytek USA was shutdown, everyone went their separate ways into two studios - Gunfire Games and Airship Syndicate. The lead artist at Airship Syndicate did a comic series called Battle Chasers like a decade ago and was able to turn it into a game which thus far is pretty good. He also did the art for Fury in Darksiders 3 which I thought was a great game.

Anyway, point being is that you should look into other games, developers, publishers, etc. and see if you come across other games that interest you. Another example is Yakuza. If I didn't look into that series and give a few of them a chance, I wouldn't even bother with Judgment but because I did, I have another game now for 2019.

There's simply so many games that there has to be other games for you to play this year. And in some cases, you may stumble across years past games that interest you. Either way, you can't lose.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
For Gears 5, all I want is the release date which is 99.9% certain. I could care less about another gameplay demo. The Gears 4 2016 demo killed my interest for the game for it oddly enough, but I loved my playthrough of the game. I know how Gears plays, I just want it in my hands.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
For Gears 5, all I want is the release date which is 99.9% certain. I could care less about another gameplay demo. The Gears 4 2016 demo killed my interest for the game for it oddly enough, but I loved my playthrough of the game. I know how Gears plays, I just want it in my hands.
Thats the point, you shouldnt know how Gears 5 plays, Gears 5 wouldn't make sense without changes, this not a sports game or COD, we are talking about a franchise that has shown franchise fattigue for a while now.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
We might need a gameplay demo. Rob said that this New one will be doing New things, so I wanna see those New things in action.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
We might need a gameplay demo. Rob said that this New one will be doing New things, so I wanna see those New things in action.
Thats the point, you shouldnt know how Gears 5 plays, Gears 5 wouldn't make sense without changes, this not a sports game or COD, we are talking about a franchise that has shown franchise fattigue for a while now.
The demo from last year looked great to me. It showcased new features and sold me on the game. I wasn't saying that it shouldn't get a demo this year as it will, but I was going to buy the game anyways.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I'm just curious. How do you know what "other" developers in other companies are doing? Friend chatter, back door access to the main server, espionage? If I work at Rare how could I possibly go on Resetera and say "Age of Empires" isn't coming out until next year. How do you guys know each other's info?
I've always wondered this. I think info gets out through contract workers personally.

Oct 25, 2017
They are definitely looking for them in the near-term much more than after 2 years from now. They are doing this out of necessity. All the companies are about to be buying up these studios (imo), including Google and Tencent. If Sony is about to expand, MS really must expand as well. It's an arms race.

Well, maybe i will be proven wrong but i don't really think MS is buying anyone in the near term after these insanely quick acquisitions that happened. We'll see on the 9th!

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018

You clearly want to go but are getting trigger shy. Let me sway you. Pull the trigger friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.