• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
But they already are doing that? Dont think this PS5 spec stuff is changing anything.
They have the studios now, they have some of the industry's best services running and they have a quite obvious next-gen plan for hardware (one value & one performance option). I think they are more than fine.
Oh ofc. I'm not suggesting MS are suddenly going to be battening down the hatches, and making tremendous changes. I meant it as a 'it's go time' and this E3 could be monumental for them

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Sony's next gen plans seem precisely as one would expect. I don't really get what the fuss is: Sony doing good stuff is what they've been doing for a while! MS know all this shit.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
On the day that Xbox will announce there E3 plans as well- what a coincidence, the game is afoot! :)
I'm willing to bet good money on that the only nextgen information we'll get today sounds like this "Join us on E3, where we'll reveal some more information on our plans for the next generation."
I don't think it's anything that'd put even a tiny pressure on Sony. I think it's just a coincidence that the article went live on the same day.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm willing to bet good money on that the only nextgen information we'll get today sounds like this "Join us on E3, where we'll reveal some more information on our plans for the next generation."
I don't think it's anything that'd put even a tiny pressure on Sony. I think it's just a coincidence that the article went live on the same day.

I didn't mean they would have a Scorpio-esque reveal on tonight's Inside Xbox, more that they are going to outline times, dates, potential expectations etc.

When did Wired have the interview with Cerny and how long have they been sitting on it? It's more than a coincidence that the article is published on the same day Xbox announce there E3 plans, its deliberate and it's a great move by Sony.

Over to Team Xbox.....

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Why next gen when they have Games/services still coming out for This gen?

"huy guys, good guy Phil here. i wanted to tell you that the box you currently have is over and now, please help me welcome the tease information about next gen consoles. the mostest powerfulest evar"

LOL bye to gears 5 marketing push then? okay. sounds like a great plan. bwahahahaha

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Why next gen when they have Games/services still coming out for This gen?

"huy guys, good guy Phil here. i wanted to tell you that the box you currently have is over and now, please help me welcome the tease information about next gen consoles. the mostest powerfulest evar"

LOL bye to gears 5 marketing push then? okay. sounds like a great plan. bwahahahaha

The same thing happened in 2016? And how does a talk about a new consoles affect the rest of the months to Gears 5?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A million Xbox threads so I never know which is the appropriate. When is Inside Xbox? The last one wasn't completely awful so I might tune in again

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
The same thing happened in 2016? And how does a talk about a new consoles affect the rest of the months to Gears 5?
this is based off people thinking there will be nothing but NEXT GEN talk instead of their e3 plans. So you also think that MS should be reactionary to this article and go full in next gen talk? LOL TF?

Also, Did i say they will not talk about it? no, of course they will talk about it. they already have. I'm focusing on the comments that it should be nothing other than talking about next gen. like why? Fear is a horrible thing.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
this is based off people thinking there will be nothing but NEXT GEN talk instead of their e3 plans. So you also think that MS should be reactionary to this article and go full in next gen talk? LOL TF?

Also, Did i say they will not talk about it? no, of course they will talk about it. they already have. I'm focusing on the comments that it should be nothing other than talking about next gen. like why? Fear is a horrible thing.
Huh? I dont follow. Dont think they will go full one with next gen this E3 but will tease it like Scorpio and i dont see how that would affect Gears 5.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
new NG game by Platinum.
Disgust-Dislike-Ew-Eww-No-No-Way-Smh-Tim-And-Eric-Reaction-GIF.gif

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Huh? I dont follow. Dont think they will go full one with next gen this E3 but will tease it like Scorpio and i dont see how that would affect Gears 5.
yeah, im not talking about just a tease. Again im talking about the comments in here that want MS To become reactionary to the article and go full next-gen talk. i mention gears 5 beacuse it is related to their current plans and why would they want to change what they have now based on an article? again, pointing out reactionary fear that MS wont be able to 'one up' them or whatever.

if you want more detail, mindshare is also important. to see where the focus is with xbox is also important. if gamers see that ms is more worried about a pissing contest instead of launching games for the xbox platform, that will also affect mindshare if you like it or not.
if gamers are more worried about the pissing contest, well.. we already see that here lol. no comment needed.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, im not talking about just a tease. Again im talking about the comments in here that want MS To become reactionary to the article and go full next-gen talk. i mention gears 5 beacuse it is related to their current plans and why would they want to change what they have now based on an article? again, pointing out reactionary fear that MS wont be able to 'one up' them or whatever.

if you want more detail, mindshare is also important. to see where the focus is with xbox is also important. if gamers see that ms is more worried about a pissing contest instead of launching games for the xbox platform, that will also affect mindshare if you like it or not.
if gamers are more worried about the pissing contest, well.. we already see that here lol. no comment needed.
Oh yeah that is not gonna happen. We get a talk about it. But it wont be a big part of the conference. Thats more likely for next year.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Rest my case, E3 is all about next gen for MS

Nope. Its still a year and a half away, with another E3 before it releases. They have a lot of marketing for upcoming, current gen third party games to do at E3 (like they always do). Expect this E3 to be more like 2016 when it comes to the next Xbox.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
How does the ps5 stack up against scarlet and Lockhart? Help me out nerds, I'm super curious and also currently in the shower rn lol.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Nope. Its still a year and a half away, with another E3 before it releases. They have a lot of marketing for upcoming, current gen third party games to do at E3 (like they always do). Expect this E3 to be more like 2016 when it comes to the next Xbox.

They're going to talk about the console and divulge similar details as to what Sony said about the PS5 just now, if not more

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
How does the ps5 stack up against scarlet and Lockhart? Help me out nerds, I'm super curious and also currently in the shower rn lol.
We have only rumors at the moment but so far they similar. Again the specs they released were pretty safe. Know if nothing about clock speeds, nothing about ram, no performance numbers on gpu so it's hard to tell.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
They're going to talk about the console and divulge similar details as to what Sony said about the PS5 just now, if not more

Its going to be a fraction of the conference. You think that will be the focus of their E3 when it isn't. They sure as hell want to focus on the upcoming software and services side more than hardware that is still very far away.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't lose faith.

n i c e

Anyhow, I'm happy PS5 will also have backwards compatibility. If PS5 has 1:1 "emulation" of PS4 games on the level of the Pro at least on day one, I'll have 0 regrets about skipping Sony's consoles this generation (for the first time ever, come to think of it) because I can catch up on what I missed very easily.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary

I think there's a fair distance between talking about anyhting except nextgen plans and going all in on nextgen details. Right now, Microsoft is on the totally silent side, which, I think, the same wrong attitude than shooting from all barrels. As for Gears 5... Remember, PS4 was announced in february, released in november and between the two dates The Last of Us was released. If you play your cards right it won't seem like you're so desperate that you'll leave your current customers behind.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I think there's a fair distance between talking about anyhting except nextgen plans and going all in on nextgen details. Right now, Microsoft is on the totally silent side, which, I think, the same wrong attitude than shooting from all barrels. As for Gears 5... Remember, PS4 was announced in february, released in november and between the two dates The Last of Us was released. If you play your cards right it won't seem like you're so desperate that you'll leave your current customers behind.
this is reactionary. they've already mentioned they are working on their next gen consoles last year. now since there is an article its bad that ms is silent? we were all waiting patiently for e3 yesterday. comparing sony's marketing strat to how xbox can do it is also wrong. different goals, timelines, employees and etc. its liek saying mobile carriers like att or verizon should do the same thing since it worked for one or the other.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018

For those that missed it also weren't they supposed to announce this during insidexbox tonight seems strange to talk about it hours earlier

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
this is reactionary. they've already mentioned they are working on their next gen consoles last year. now since there is an article its bad that ms is silent? we were all waiting patiently for e3 yesterday. comparing sony's marketing strat to how xbox can do it is also wrong. different goals, timelines, employees and etc. its liek saying mobile carriers like att or verizon should do the same thing since it worked for one or the other.

According to my taste, if they opened the flood gates yesterday that'd also be too late. My body needs those shiniy new gadgets and those pretty games! :D

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Wow, always thought, that MS will be the first to share details of its nextgen console, so the Wired article caught me by surprise. And even though it's about the PS5, it's a good insight what we can expect from the next Xbox too, I suppose.

What article??

EDIT: Just saw it in the main thread

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
After seeing the PS5 specs, my mind is going crazy with what the Anaconda will be....cannot wait to see what they have in store.

Why's that? Brad Sams said MS is aiming to be as powerful as PS5. So what we know about PS5 is about what we should expect of Next Box. Honestly Sony made a phenomenal move by announcing first.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Why's that? Brad Sams said MS is aiming to be as powerful as PS5. So what we know about PS5 is about what we should expect of Next Box. Honestly Sony made a phenomenal move by announcing first.

I want to see if it'll be even more than what Sony is putting out...I mean Phil said they will always have the most powerful console on the market so with Sony throwing down, I'm just curious as to what it'll be.

Similar? Oh I'm sure.

But there's also a part of me that hopes and thinks they might go even further.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
No Xbox is using the Microsoft theater again as their booth.
I know that.
Last E3, MS held their Xbox event at the Microsoft Theater, but they also set up large Mixer Booth at their previous spot in the LA Convention Center. What I'm asking is if Microsoft is replacing that booth with the Mixer Dome at Xbox Plaza, and instead are going to dedicate space to Xbox in BOTH the MS Theater and the LA Convention Center.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
cool, i hope this is like a mini E3 show with some other juicy announcements a day after the main show.

We're also happy to share that Inside Xbox, our showcase sharing everything great in the world of Xbox, will be airing a special episode during E3. Inside Xbox: Live @ E3 will air Monday, June 10 at 3 p.m. PDT and will feature a livestream full of exclusive announcements, game demos, interviews, and more.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
cool, i hope this is like a mini E3 show with some other juicy announcements a day after the main show.

I think they did something similar last year, I wouldn't expect any big announcements during this. Maybe some small stuff though. They mostly demo a lot of the new games on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.