• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Leocarian just recently stated in the E3 predictions thread that he might have a pretty good idea of one of the studios Microsoft is purchasing/purchased. He also stated in his personal opinion that at least 2 more studios will be added to Xbox Game Studios. Let's lure him in here and get him to spill some beans lol

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Leocarian do you think the studio you know about is cool?

If you know any rumour about Microsoft buying White Owls you can tell me mp, I won't say nothing to nobody except for my cat.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
E3 I predict a reveal of the Initiatives new game with a 2020 release date.
giphy.gif

Nov 23, 2018
I think it's a bit crazy that because I have a verified tag and I did a prediction post that people start going nuts...
You knew the odds people would believe/react was high. That's what you were going for (I have seen your post(s) which include self-bolstering things like "mods can pm me if you want to know my connections are real" and "my relationship with X company/division is real").

Whether or not you actually have information or not... who knows? But don't act like it's crazy... you knew what you were doing.

Leocarian

Banned
May 13, 2018
You knew the odds people would believe/react was high. That's what you were going for (I have seen your post(s) which include self-bolstering things like "mods can pm me if you want to know my connections are real" and "my relationship with X company/division is real").

Whether or not you actually have information or not... who knows? But don't act like it's crazy... you knew what you were doing.

Self bolstering? I don't think I would call it that. If I was gonna really bolster dude that's not what I would be doing.

I have a feeling come on the day of the conference I'll be eaten alive here even if 1 or 2 things are off lol.

Oct 25, 2017

Not really. You guys just love to read rumours into everything you see. When he was sharing inside info, he clearly stated it. That's just predictions.

TruthSeeker

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Not

Not saying his post of info and hints is wrong I'm the furthest damn thing from an insider... but seems a little too straight forward for me. I think it would be a solid E3 but I don't really see any big surprises thrown in. From the purchased studios I was kind of expecting between 2-4 announced... 4 maybe a little on the high side... With Relic being one of them.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Self bolstering? I don't think I would call it that. If I was gonna really bolster dude that's not what I would be doing.

I have a feeling come on the day of the conference I'll be eaten alive here even if 1 or 2 things are off lol.

I guess you can avoid this, by going one direction or the other.

Do I actually know how many EXACTLY with factual information? No, I have no confirmation on that.

BUT it will 100% be at least 2 if not more studios in my personal opinion.

So is it your opinion, or is it 100%? It cant be both lol

Icky Thump

Oct 30, 2017
If Leocarian is right and they open with gameplay of Halo:Infinite and then announce the crushing disappointment that it isn't coming out until HOLIDAY 2020, I can honestly say I'll have a hard time watching and enjoying the rest of the show.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
If Leocarian is right and they open with gameplay of Halo:Infinite and then announce the crushing disappointment that it isn't coming out until HOLIDAY 2020, I can honestly say I'll have a hard time watching and enjoying the rest of the show.
We have seen only a teaser, of course Halo Infinite is not coming this year or early next year. It will probably show up again on next year E3.

Icky Thump

Oct 30, 2017
Isn't it kinda obvious that Halo Infinite will come out Holiday 2020 (or later)?
Well, Yeah, but opening the show with gameplay... Like if they close it with a new trailer then date it (i.e. Fall 2020) , then it's more like a hey this is coming in the future, something to look forward to. If they play it for 10 minutes and then are like yeah see you in a year and a half... oof..... that is just mean.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Not really. You guys just love to read rumours into everything you see. When he was sharing inside info, he clearly stated it. That's just predictions.
This definitely sounds like more than just predictions.
Note - I might change this list/update depending on what happens and what I hear in the next 60 or so days before E3 but I think for the most part I am pretty happy with my predictions. Believe it or not, things can change last minute very easily for several different reasons.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, I get that.

I was more referring to his predictions, which just read like fair predictions everyone has the right to post.
I disagree because his wording says otherwise

Note - I might change this list/update depending on what happens and what I hear in the next 60 or so days before E3 but I think for the most part I am pretty happy with my predictions. Believe it or not, things can change last minute very easily for several different reasons.

I agree everybody has the right to post, but his wording is why people are reading into it, and Im inclined to agree with Ser Bloodraven that Leocarian knew what he was doing.

I dont mind though. It gives us something to talk about whether its hints or not.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Should MS just pick up Skybox Labs, Certain Affinity, Splash and Ruffian and just have them work full time as support teams for MS studios?

Although IIRC some chicken factory bought Splash Damage
The whole point of utilizing them as support teams is because it's cheaper for MS to outsource certain things. If they are part of MS then the things they do no longer become the most cost efficient way of getting that project/task done.

I disagree because his wording says otherwise

I agree everybody has the right to post, but his wording is why people are reading into it, and Im inclined to agree with Ser Bloodraven that Leocarian knew what he was doing.

I dont mind though. It gives us something to talk about whether its hints or not.
Pretty much this

Last edited:

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I would make peace with that now.

Just think of it as another year to make the game better.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Its supposed to be a cross-gen game right? I figured it would always be a 2020 game that releases alongside NeXbox.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I really hope that Infinite releasing on One doesn't compromise their vision for a next-gen Halo.

With this gen I don't really feel like devs are limited by hardware in terms of game design. Resolution will take a hit if necessary but it's not like previous gens where devs had to avoid open-world/large scope because of hardware.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

We'll probably be playing it in early 2020 with the Halo Insider program.

Full release alongside the Scarlett in fall.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
Leocarian just recently stated in the E3 predictions thread that he might have a pretty good idea of one of the studios Microsoft is purchasing/purchased. He also stated in his personal opinion that at least 2 more studios will be added to Xbox Game Studios. Let's lure him in here and get him to spill some beans lol

I already said one of the studios. I have no credibility but I pretty sure I am right. Just get Aaron Greenberg to take another picture of Matt Booty's Breakfast and then you will know the 3rd studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.