• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
Inside Xbox has started and OH MY GOD LARRY IS STRIPPING ON CAMERA, GET IN HERE PEOPLE!!!

Never knew he had Master Chief's helmet tattooed on his scrotum. Now that's dedication.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Ugh. Rolling release and coming to Steam. Hmmmm. Seems like a pretty big misstep if Microsoft wants people to use their storefront.

I wonder if Infinite will launch on Steam or they're trying to use MCC as a gateway drug.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I had a dream where I was playing Crackdown, and it reset the progress for a bunch of my orbs. Instead of, say, 103/103 agility orbs, it was only 90. I was like "Oh no, no no! I won't know where they are!", but then I remembered I already got the achievement. Then I woke up. That is all.

Ahh, stealth walk back, hadn't seen them publicly withdraw the statement so I assumed it was still there.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Getting close

Like i said many times i would love to see MS bringing their games to Steam yet keep the Windows store also. The Windows store version is play anywhere tho wich then also explains the higher price because you get two copies. For the rest all crossplay between Steam, Windows store and Xbox. For the games that support it offcourse. MS can also make W10 a requirement even for steam games so they can push W10,
So even when games from MS come to Steam they can still have a benefit of the windows store and also still can push W10.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Walden the game is coming to Xbox.

In other news, there's a game based on Walden. I... I really don't know what to say about this.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Definitely a great move to put MCC on as many pc platforms as possible. Bringing the IP to another platform in a hopefully big way.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope all games go to steam also. Not totally convinced on that yet tho. MCC is a "older game". If Gears 5 drops on Steam also then we are talking.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
4foj6h.png

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Really hope all games go to steam also. Not totally convinced on that yet tho. MCC is a "older game". If Gears 5 drops on Steam also then we are talking.
If Microsoft really is going to put all new games on Steam, they might as well give up on Game Pass on PC forever. Hard to see people going to Microsoft's storefront when their friends and games already exist on Steam. Not sure what the thought process is with this MCC announcement. Putting it on Steam seems to go against their current goal of selling services, the rolling release is a pretty lame idea and no release date information is NOT a good sign.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
If Microsoft really is going to put all new games on Steam, they might as well give up on Game Pass on PC forever. Hard to see people going to Microsoft's storefront when their friends and games already exist on Steam. Not sure what the thought process is with this MCC announcement. Putting it on Steam seems to go against their current goal of selling services, the rolling release is a pretty lame idea and no release date information is NOT a good sign.
Well Gamepass and play anywhere can convince people. Make it crossplay offcourse and you have the best of both worlds imo.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Ugh. Rolling release and coming to Steam. Hmmmm. Seems like a pretty big misstep if Microsoft wants people to use their storefront.

I wonder if Infinite will launch on Steam or they're trying to use MCC as a gateway drug.
Misstep? I guess if you think selling an extra 10 million or so copies is a misstep then your right. Steam is the place to be for pc gamers. Halo is an 800 pound silver back gorilla that's barreling towards steam. It's gunna be glorious.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It is kind of frightening that Microsoft/Xbox can't fix the no audio issue on IOS devices, 40 minutes into the stream. I mean, there are hundreds of people spamming it in chat.. what are they doing?

How is she going to play this on the London underground? Does the London underground have solid 4G connection access? New York sure doesn't.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Misstep? I guess if you think selling an extra 10 million or so copies is a misstep then your right. Steam is the place to be for pc gamers. Halo is an 800 pound silver back gorilla that's barreling towards steam. It's gunna be glorious.
No one's arguing it's a solid short-term move, but it's a really goofy move long-term. You have to try to convince PC gamers to use the Windows storefront eventually, otherwise you're a third-party developer that's constantly paying 30% off the top to Valve.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
No one's arguing it's a solid short-term move, but it's a really goofy move long-term. You have to try to convince PC gamers to use the Windows storefront eventually, otherwise you're a third-party developer that's constantly paying 30% off the top to Valve.

Inifinite isnt going to come to Steam :)

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
. It's a good long term move. It will increase the popularity and buzz around halo like it was 10 years ago. It's adrenaline to the heart of the franchise. Plus the extra 10+ million players will count as Xbox monthly active players.

Since the game has crossplay users will still have the option to use gamepass and still play with their steam friends. Remember Xbox is about choice, and you can't force gamepass down everyone's thought.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Halo reach 60fps, 4K, hdr. I can't wait. Microsoft is firing on all cylinders lately. Hope it's out on Xbox before too long.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
. It's a good long term move. It will increase the popularity and buzz around halo like it was 10 years ago. It's adrenaline to the heart of the franchise. Plus the extra 10+ million players will count as Xbox monthly active players.

Since the game has crossplay users will still have the option to use gamepass and still play with their steam friends. Remember Xbox is about choice, and you can't force gamepass down everyone's thought.
Unless they port every single game to Steam, it won't fully ever be complete choice for players.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
wonder when Reach for gamepass will come out. also, great that it's free on gamepass, but it makes the fact that ODST is $5 even more awkward lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.