• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Fucking Sea of Thieves broke me. I've never bought any micro transactions for any game.

And now I have a parrot and a monkey...
Emotes are the real joy to use.

I tell myself that 9 dollars a month is no big deal...
Lookout for the ancient skeletons that appear out of the ground randomly for 10 seconds. If you manage to kill one in the time limit they drop ancient coins which can be spent at the Pirate Emporium :)

250px-Ancient_Skeleton.png

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
VG247 is trash for that nonsense article, then again they are trash anyway. Been that for years. June wasn't even officially announced, while July was confirmed by MS, lol.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox 20/20
Starting with the May 7 episode of Inside Xbox, we will be showcasing what happens next in the world of Xbox, every month, which is why we're calling it "Xbox 20/20." These monthly moments will take place throughout the rest of the year

news.xbox.com

Xbox 20/20: Join Us as We Look into the Future of Xbox - Xbox Wire

[Editor’s Note on 8/7/2020 – Xbox has a massive year ahead of us, as outlined below. After reassessing our programming for the rest of the year, we’ve decided to stop using the “Xbox 20/20” phrasing as it implied that we would be releasing information in one way only, through a dedicated monthly...

Like come on, just be honest if the planned event fell through....or if it's still happening. This is actually sort of frustrating...

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
news.xbox.com

[Editor’s Note on 8/7/2020 – Xbox has a massive year ahead of us, as outlined below. After reassessing our programming for the rest of the year, we’ve decided to stop using the “Xbox 20/20” phrasing as it implied that we would be releasing information in one way only, through a dedicated monthly...

Like come on, just be honest if the planned event fell through....or if it's still happening. This is actually sort of frustrating...
They never said event every month since beginning.

robo_e

Banned
Apr 3, 2020
If July is looking like the full reveal, what should MS show in June? I don't think they should leave it blank but I am not sure what title is worth it. Personally I would show Hellblade (If its ready) and that will get people talking more than enough until July appears.
I kind of want the June event/news to be about Xbox Velocity Architecture with a demo of sorts showing how games can utilize it.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
They never said event every month since beginning.
They said multiple times that they would tell people what was planned for June soon. Aaron's tweet implies there is nothing coming in June. I mean, if it's something else, not a true "event", but a blog post or DF video so be it, but the messaging is super weird on this.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
There really isn't anything "new" in this article, but it is a good summary interview with Phil in Wired about the broader Xbox ecosystem plans AND the fact that he personally games on his TV with console primarily and says that they will continue to make consoles beyond the Series X for anyone that wants to spout some crap about them not caring about consoles for "reasons".

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
They said multiple times that they would tell people what was planned for June soon. Aaron's tweet implies there is nothing coming in June. I mean, if it's something else, not a true "event", but a blog post or DF video so be it, but the messaging is super weird on this.
Because it's a respond to the clickbait title from VG247.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I think I'm going to start intentionally misreading every piece of news that comes out. Then, I will double down on how my own misguided perception is fact and not understand how they could make such poor choices.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the best review I've seen that encapsulates what's so brilliant about the game. The ideas in the game is something I'd expect from old Rare.
The video explained a few details I had no clue about too, didn't know you can steal Emissary flags!

XboxEra reviewed it to, and call me biased, but I think ours is pretty good. (I spent far too long on it)

robo_e

Banned
Apr 3, 2020
Seriously any Xbox News gets twisted and distorted for the worse. If Xbox would've announced a 1080p 30fps pre-recorded stream, you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Oct 27, 2017
I truly don't get people. VG247 has like 200k twitter followers. They post an egregiously clickbaity title and Greenberg clears it up. Yet he and Microsoft are somehow the bad people and wrong

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
news.xbox.com

There probably was never an "event," only a blog post revealing Lockhart or talking about xCloud or something

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Seriously any Xbox News gets twisted and distorted for the worse. If Xbox would've announced a 1080p 30fps pre-recorded stream, you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Truth.

Do we know why Sony won't be 4K? I recall it was initially said to be 4K, and then some people here said if Sony can do it so can MS. Did Sony at all say this last week or the week before that though?

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
User Banned (5 days): spamming a community thread
There really isn't anything "new" in this article, but it is a good summary interview with Phil in Wired about the broader Xbox ecosystem plans AND the fact that he personally games on his TV with console primarily and says that they will continue to make consoles beyond the Series X for anyone that wants to spout some crap about them not caring about consoles for "reasons".

cool

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XboxEra reviewed it to, and call me biased, but I think ours is pretty good. (I spent far too long on it)

Hey mate, loved your review too and have already pimped it ! :D

Appreciate the content you guys keep shipping out, I had to sub after the Halo Infinite visual messaging vid. Great stuff!!

I think I'm going to start intentionally misreading every piece of news that comes out. Then, I will double down on how my own misguided perception is fact and not understand how they could make such poor choices.
Perfection.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Gotta wonder if we'll see this in July. Is the Hellblade 2 team working on it, or does it have a separate team?

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
news.xbox.com

June wasn't a digital event though, right?

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018

So they are going to move forward with a 10th gen? Awesome. I had slight doubts that the 10th gen would happen, but if MS confirms it then you know Sony will too. Super cool.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Gotta wonder if we'll see this in July. Is the Hellblade 2 team working on it, or does it have a separate team?

My hype for this is over 9000000000. I love horror games and if NT created one of the scariest experiences ever on a cinematic adventure game (Hellblade), just imagine what they'll do fully embracing the genre.

Also, dayum those real time graphics

Edit: I think that this is a whole different team, with creative output by Tameen. And i believe we won't see both Hellblade 2 and PMara this July, seems too soon for me

robo_e

Banned
Apr 3, 2020
Yeah after just finishing Hellblade recently, Ninja Theory for me is at the top of anticipated studios.

papahefe

Apr 29, 2018
As I have said, people need to listen to what is said and think for themselves. Xbox consoles are a space where Microsoft not only sells boxes, but also makes a tonne of money selling accessories or making commissions off the sale of accessories. It is a console where games are certified, and they make a cut on every software sold, and this stretches all the way to DLC and microtransactions. Boxes matter, they will always matter, and they matter even more so when you are trying to not only sell a subscription service. If they did not matter as much, you would not see the effort they have put in coming up with the XB1X or the XBSX as premium products.

Boxes matter because the console ecosystem is a walled garden of sorts where revenue generation is maximized. If someone is telling you something different, they are straight up lying to you. Selling boxes is quite simply put, the most important part of the gaming business.

Quite simply put, that will be less and less the case as we move into the future, which was the point of my initial reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.