• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
archive.is

Rockstar Games Customer Support

archived 12 Nov 2021 19:25:52 UTC

The status page has had Xbox Cloud Gaming for months/years.
Hmm, the earliest it would have been for RDO is May 2021 when it came to GP and left in August of 2021.

GTA V was brought back in April 2021 and left in July 2021.

Both had Cloud enabled during those windows so it would make sense it would have been up during those periods on the support site. Suppose they were just too lazy to take it down lol

Thelegend1998

Banned
Aug 9, 2022
It's hard to argue against this because its subjective as hell.

I find a lot of Nintendo's output to be actually really boring. I find that they have a lot of mediocre games that are swept under the rug or are elevated to be better than they actually are by the internet. I will not deny that their games are really polished and they do feel like premium experiences but the games themselves are meh at best. I have maybe a handful of games that I've actually completed on the Switch and even less that I would say I loved.

Sony is an interesting one because they do have really high quality games however I don't think their matching Xbox's output. Sony's 2022 lineup was 3/5 games that were supposed to release last year (HFW/GT7/GOW) and the other two were MLB The Show and a remake of a 2013 game. I'm a bit skeptical of Sony going into the future, I think they're going to go really hard on GaaS and VR is going to stretch their resources as well. Just thinking of next year and looking at their first party lineup, I can only think of Horizon Call of the Mountain, Spider-Man 2, possibly another VR game from Team Asobi that might release next year. I'm interested in their upcoming showcase because from where I'm standing, outside of third party exclusive deals and some short VR experiences, Sony might only have Spider-Man 2 (if it doesn't get delayed to 2024) and we might be talking about issues with Sony's first party studios next year like we did Xbox this year. In your message you list: Ghost of Tsushima 2, Wolverine, Death Stranding 2, New IP from Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Spider-Man 2, and new stuff from Bungie... these are all years away with the exception of Spider-Man 2.

Capcom is also pretty good, but like I said with Sony... I don't think they're touching the scale of Xbox's output. This year they've released Monster Hunter Rise for PC, Monster Hunter Rise DLC, and a collection of older fighting games.

I think you're really underselling Xbox's first party lineup and just the sheer size of it.

On subjective tastes I do not argue, in fact I reported only objective arguments and not personal preferences.
I basically summarize the argument:

Xbox with Bethesda and Activision-Blizzard can definitely become the best/biggest publisher out there and I am not referring to subjective Level, I am really referring to objective level in general, according to most of the parameters I mentioned in the previous comment. There will always be someone who will prefer Nintendo or Sony but these are precisely personal considerations.
Of course It is not a given that it will be, there are many parameters and variables to consider, but Xbox+Bethesda and Activision - Blizzard has a really good chance of becoming the best/biggest publisher in circulation.
With only Xbox and Bethesda (if the Activision acquisition is blocked), on the other hand, the chances of it becoming the best/biggest publisher are objectively very low, almost close to zero.
I don't think Xbox and Bethesda can match the overall production/scale of Sony and/or Nintendo output for example.

My reasoning is not focused on a single year, but on the whole generation, of course.

As for next year, we still don't know what Sony can release, they haven't made any announcements about that yet. But there are possibilities of having Spiderman 2, Mlb, Tlou faction, Firewalk and/or Firesprite gaas games and Helldivers 2. Not to mention Vr games. That wouldn't be a bad lineup at all.

Last edited:

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Two Point Campus is addictive.
I'm leaving on holidays for two weeks but I can definitely see myself playing an hour of it over the Cloud at my hotel from time to time

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
With only Xbox and Bethesda (if the Activision acquisition is blocked), on the other hand, the chances of it becoming the best/biggest publisher are objectively very low, almost close to zero.
Xbox first party alone was already on pace to be one of the best/biggest publishers this generation. Bethesda just adds a ton of fuel to that raging fire. Activision makes it certain.

I don't think Xbox and Bethesda can match the overall production/scale of Sony or Nintendo.
Lol... I just don't know how you can believe this. Nintendo's games aren't the same scale as Sony or Xbox. They have a few big ones like BotW but when you look at Nintendo Switch's lineup and take out the Wii U ports, you're left with a few great games but a lot of mediocre stuff like Mario Party games, Mario Sports games, Musou games... This is what I mean by Nintendo releases a lot of mediocre stuff that just gets swept under the rug or elevated higher than it should be because of a few great games and they're really good at branding/marketing.

If Xbox released Mario Strikers, they would get eaten alive.

As for next year, we still don't know what Sony can release, they haven't made any announcements about that yet. But there are possibilities of having Spiderman 2, Mlb, Tlou faction, Firewalk and/or Firesprite gaas games and Helldivers 2. Not to mention Vr games. That wouldn't be a bad lineup at all.
They said they would have more to share next year about TLOU Faction and shared concept art while having a ton of job listings... I highly doubt that game lands next year. Firewalk is still pretty early in development AFAIK and Firesprite is doing Horizon Call of the Mountain.

My reasoning is not focused on a single year, but on the whole generation, of course.
I mean like... excluding Activision/Blizzard games... Xbox/Bethesda games that have already released this generation and that have already been announced:
  • Flight Simulator
  • Halo Infinite
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Age of Empires 4
  • Psychonauts 2
  • (PS5 timed exclusive) Deathloop
  • (PS5 timed exclusive) Ghostwire Tokyo
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Grounded
  • Pentiment
  • Starfield
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Ara: History Untold
  • Redfall
  • Minecraft Legends
  • Avowed
  • HellBlade 2
  • Contraband
  • Perfect Dark
  • State of Decay 3
  • Everwild
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • Project: MARA
  • Fable
  • Indiana Jones
  • The Elder Scrolls 6
  • Kojima game
I'd like to reiterate this is all stuff that has been released or has been announced. We know of so many other games that are being developed inside of Xbox first party, like you mentioned a few Sony games that might release this generation that have not been announced I can do the same here:
  • Wolfenstein 3
  • Hibiki (Tango)
  • Project Dragon (IOI)
  • Project Colbalt (inXile)
  • New IP from The Coalition
  • Gears 6
  • One other Minecraft spin-off game
  • Double Fine working on multiple games
  • Project Midnight (Compulsion's third person action-adventure game)
  • Halo Infinite's battle royale
  • Project Suerte (Monster Hunter-like game)
  • a lot of other stuff

Again, this is also without Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, Call of Duty games, Blizzard's survival game, Toys for Bob's Crash spinoff, etc... Honestly your whole stance just reads to me like "Xbox games don't count because they're not third person narrative games" meme. Xbox is far and away already one of the best/biggest publishers, one rough year doesn't take away from that. Activision just makes it certain they will be the best/biggest.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I wonder if Xbox can get third party companies on board with the added streaming license if they bring down the royalty fees like was rumored to come close to, or match, their PC royalties. It could be a scenario where they say "okay, we are going to lower our royalties on console but the new contracts are also going to say it grants an xCloud streaming license on our platforms."Could be a way for Xbox to make the streaming license a normal part of doing biz across their ecosystems.

I will say that Actiblizz being one of the holdouts on getting any traction on granting a streaming license and now they are under Xbox will put increased focus/pressure on getting the other big holdout (Take Two/Rockstar) to possibly grant those rights going forward if Xbox can now focus on them, as opposed to them and Actiblizz before, and sweeten the pot a bit.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I wonder if Xbox can get third party companies on board with the added streaming license if they bring down the royalty fees like was rumored to come close to, or match, their PC royalties. It could be a scenario where they say "okay, we are going to lower our royalties on console but the new contracts are also going to say it grants an xCloud streaming license on our platforms."Could be a way for Xbox to make the streaming license a normal part of doing biz across their ecosystems.

I will say that Actiblizz being one of the holdouts on getting any traction on granting a streaming license and now they are under Xbox will put increased focus/pressure on getting the other big holdout (Take Two/Rockstar) to possibly grant those rights going forward if Xbox can now focus on them, as opposed to them and Actiblizz before, and sweeten the pot a bit.
I thought I read a rumor that they changed their licensing to publish games on Xbox a few years back to give them streaming rights. Not sure if it was real or not.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I thought I read a rumor that they changed their licensing to publish games on Xbox a few years back to give them streaming rights. Not sure if it was real or not.
Now that you say that, I think this might be where the idea came from. I guess I just thought it was my own but now that you say this I remember the convos from awhile back.

WG8pOSo.png

Nov 8, 2017
Would love to take a peek 5 years into the future and see how the gen is going, especially for Xbox 😀

The first party lineup will be quite robust, the third party offerings on gamepass will be worse due to significantly increased competition in game subscriptions, people will be mad that WoW subscriptions are still separate from gamepass, other people are still insisting that Call of Duty will go exclusive any day now, and I'm still wondering where the fuck Goldeneye is.

Dabcelwero25

Oct 6, 2021
I wonder if the backwards compatibility program will come back once the ActiBlizz acquisition is complete. 🤔

There are several games (Singularity, Wolfenstein 2009, etc.) that were published by Activision and are not available on Xbox Series consoles.

Gojo Satoru

Apr 19, 2022
I wonder if the backwards compatibility program will come back once the ActiBlizz acquisition is complete. 🤔

There are several games (Singularity, Wolfenstein 2009, etc.) that were published by Activision and are not available on Xbox Series consoles.
Will be cool if MS bring the licensed Activision games too, but this i think will be very dificult to happen.

Nov 8, 2017
I bet they open it back up for those games.

If any games weren't BC because of insufficient power, then I also hope they'll revive the program while dropping XBO support.

Obviously ABK opens up a lot of new games from a licensing perspective which is nice.

I would love to see Wolf 09 in BC but I'm not clear if it was licencing stopping it. There's a long, confusing saga about that game being delisted on PC. Pete Hines alleged it wasn't to do with rights/licencing (but he is likely full of sh*t).

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Well, there would be many arguments to be made (I'm voluntarily excluding Tencent from this discussion). You talked about
"the biggest", but in terms of number of development studios, number of games published, and variety of genres the biggest publisher is/will probably be Embracer, while in terms of number of developers the biggest publisher is undoubtedly Ubisoft, and in terms of number of best selling games there are still companies like Take two, Ea, Nintendo, and Sony that sell a lot of first party games, while in terms of profit there is Nintendo that makes a lot of money from first party games. Xbox could undoubtedly become the leader in some of the above categories, but it is by no means certain. It certainly will not become the leader in terms of number of games published, number of employees, and number of studios, unless he makes other big acquisition, which is difficult after Activision. It might instead be the leader in the variety of genres, although as I said there are Embracer but also Nintendo etc. that will offer a lot of variety ,so who knows.
Perhaps it could be the leader in profits, but again that is by no means certain.

You talked about "the Best", but there are still publishers like Nintendo, Sony and Capcom who develop a good number of games of exceptional quality every year, so I don't see how you can say that Microsoft will be clearly superior to them.

I think that Xbox as publisher will probably be the leader for sure just in terms of number of active players and revenue , with games like Cod, Diablo, Wow Overwatch etc... and their microtransactions, and Gamepass on Xbox, PC, phone, USB sticks etc.. will have a significant increase in players and revenue.
Perhaps one could also say that, considering the sum of all these factors, Xbox will be the best publisher/biggest publisher, but it is not a foregone, objective conclusion in any case.

The above reasoning i made, only applies if/when the Activision-Blizzard acquisition goes through. If it does not go through and Microsoft remains alone with Xbox + Bethesda, then it would have little, if any, chance of beating publishers such as Nintendo, Sony, Capcom, EA, etc. on any of the aspects listed above. Consequently, it would be absolutely neither the biggest nor the best publisher overall; there are companies that are absolutely far ahead in this regard on each of the aspects listed above. For example, at the moment, if I were to compare even with Sony only, if we exclude the variety of genres on which Xbox +Bethesda is likely to be superior, the number of studios (Sony's latest acquisitions have narrowed the difference considerably, I think they are now almost on a par), probably the number of employees (I don't know how many Sony has, but I think it is slightly less), and perhaps the number of games published (I wouldn't give this for sure, Sony's studios are very efficient), Sony is/will probably be superior to Xbox + Bethesda in all the other categories listed above, and so overall be a bigger and better publisher.
For example, I don't see Xbox+ Bethesda beating Sony in terms of quality/metacritic rating except occasionally in a single year or two, or rather it might match it but certainly not surpass it overall. (Considering even Nintendo there would be no chance, they are the absolute best in terms of quality.).And I don't see Xbox beating Sony in terms of revenues, profits, sales, number of active players if we also consider Sony's multiplayer strategy and acquisition of Bungie.

The Activision - Blizzard acquisition for Microsoft is critical, because with Bethesda alone I don't see how it can really beat the competition or even compete in many things. Doing simple reasoning excluding Activision-Blizzard, Microsoft now has as sure succesful ip/games (quality and sales) only Forza horizon, Tes , Fallout, Doom, Starfield.
Gears I don't know if it can make relevant market numbers today, I see it in the same situation as Halo, maybe even worse in terms of players count. Indiana jones we have to see what quality it will have and if it will be an exclusive, Fallout will definitely not come out in this gen, Tes will come out only in late gen/early next gen, Hellblade is not a big ip, Wolfenstein is not a big seller, Fable at the moment is an unknown, as well as all the other Microsoft projects in the pipeline.

On the other hand, Sony has potentially sure succesful stuff like Gow Ragnarok, GT, probably the new Uncharted, Tlou faction, Horizon new game, Spiderman 2, Wolverine, Ghost of thushima 2, Death stranding 2, the new single player ip from Naughty dog and Santa monica, the stuff made in Bungie in the pipeline, all of that in a single generation!
It's too much BIG stuff for Xbox and Bethesda to counter in a generation.
With the current organization of Xbox and Bethesda I currently see Xbox clearly inferior overall ( in most of the parameters listed above) to Sony (and some other publishers).
If you saw Xbox as generally the best and the biggest publisher even before Activision, I'm sorry but objectively that's far from reality.
Without Activision they are far from it.
But with Activision, things could definitely change, in the opposite direction.

On subjective tastes I do not argue, in fact I reported only objective arguments and not personal preferences.
I basically summarize the argument:

Xbox with Bethesda and Activision-Blizzard can definitely become the best/biggest publisher out there and I am not referring to subjective Level, I am really referring to objective level in general, according to most of the parameters I mentioned in the previous comment. There will always be someone who will prefer Nintendo or Sony but these are precisely personal considerations.
Of course It is not a given that it will be, there are many parameters and variables to consider, but Xbox+Bethesda and Activision - Blizzard has a really good chance of becoming the best/biggest publisher in circulation.
I don't think Xbox and Bethesda can match the overall production/scale of Sony and/or Nintendo output for example.

> Joins today
> Immediately enters Xbox OT and begins console warring
> Only 2 posts (which are in this thread)

Another obvious alt troll account. No point in engaging with their giant walls of text.

Oct 12, 2020
> Joins today
> Immediately enters Xbox OT and begins console warring
> Only 2 posts (which are in this thread)

Another obvious alt troll account. No point in engaging with their giant walls of text.

Lol, sometimes when someone a bit sus shows up in here I'll do a quick post history and see what their deal is.

Thanks for saving me the time. 👍

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
Playing (albeit slowly because as always, playing way too many games at once) A Plague Tale and this game is awesome. Can't wait to see how they improve upon Innocence with Requiem. I'm in Chapter 10 now and having a blast.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Was Forspoken expected to be listed for xCloud?
www.xbox.com

Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) on Xbox.com

Play Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) on Xbox.com. Use your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership to play 100s of consoles games on PC and supported mobile devices.
This is just the XCloud owned games thing where you swap out the name/id at the end of the URL and it will populate the page. Not indicative that it is coming to Cloud or anything at this time. I created a thread on it with the Rumor of owned games coming to XCloud soon

Store page: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/forspoken/9p3b7mt34dls

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Lol WC fell for it

www.windowscentral.com

Microsoft: Non-Xbox Game Pass titles seemingly ready to hit Cloud Gaming due to bug [Update]

Your Cloud Gaming library still may grow substantially in the near future.
I think Elden Ring is being used mainly for clicks bc it's popular (plus it was referenced on Reddit and here lols). Klobrille getting the shout when the source was that r/xcloud reddit user tho let's be real 😆

It's not necessarily falling for it as the strings do seem to indicate some backend placeholders for cloud streaming owned games ("You don't currently own this game. In order to play this game, you will need to purchase the game or a subscription that includes it.")

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I think Elden Ring is being used mainly for clicks bc it's popular (plus it was referenced on Reddit and here lols). Klobrille getting the shout when the source was that r/xcloud reddit user tho let's be real 😆

It's not necessarily falling for it as the strings do seem to indicate some backend placeholders for cloud streaming owned games ("You don't currently own this game. In order to play this game, you will need to purchase the game or a subscription that includes it.")
Yeah the string is definitely the most interesting part. Although I wonder how long thats been a thing….

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
If you saw Xbox as generally the best and the biggest publisher even before Activision, I'm sorry but objectively that's far from reality.

Deciding who someone thinks is the best will always be subjective. Personally, I much prefer Microsoft's output to Sony's, even before Activision, because I like western RPGs and actively dislike the Ubisoft open world template.

ABK doesn't really change much for me, aside from rare Crash and Spyro releases. I dislike almost everything they do and consider many of their games schemes.

Deleted member 68874

Banned
May 10, 2020
For what it's worth, from the outside, I can't think of a great reason a publisher would be resistant to allowing people to stream games they buy. Not wanting them to be available on Game Pass or a similar subscribtion service makes sense because they could be missing out on sales, but if players are able to stream games they buy without an Xbox, it just means more people to buy the games and more opportunities for people who own them to play them / spend money on them if they're live service games. Same as cloud only games on Switch. Even if it's not a huge market it's at its absolute worst nothing, assuming there isn't much technical effort from publishers to make it happen. Maybe if the publishers was trying to launch it's own streaming service, and wanted to force anyone who wants to stream their games to subscribe to their service, which doesn't feel super likely.

I could see other console makers or PC storefront owners like Epic or Valve being resistant, on the potential that it makes Xbox a more attractive place to buy games than their stores, but even that feels pretty thin.

Maybe they'd think streaming will be a bad experience and make a bad image for their games, but I can't really imagine many modern publishers being that careful with their image.
They'll want to sell the streaming rights to these services. Exclusive streaming rights will get them more money as well.

Probably seeing the stupid money going around in the TV world and hoping to get that rype of money.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I know it's reported that PC games are coming to xCloud, I think by Jez and/or Tom Warren, but has that been followed up on any time soon?

Not really expecting that soon (at least not with owned games) but that could be part of a double whammy announcement for Gamescom.

I know it's stupid and it's pure copium because I'm probably not gonna have a PS5 before Forspoken comes out, and that it showing up with an xCloud banner is just a glitch as a result of a quirk in how xCloud/the store works right now with everything having that same placeholder message, but eh, it's fun to speculate crazy shit

Thelegend1998

Banned
Aug 9, 2022
User Banned (permanent): Troll account
Xbox first party alone was already on pace to be one of the best/biggest publishers this generation. Bethesda just adds a ton of fuel to that raging fire. Activision makes it certain.

I never said Xbox+Bethesda would not be one of the biggest/best publishers of the generation. It definitely would have been. I just said it wouldn't be the best. I think publishers like Sony and Nintendo are still superior overall. With the addition of Activision, however, the things are different and there is a high possibility that Xbox could become the biggest/best publisher around. It is not 100% certain, but it could be highly possible.

Lol... I just don't know how you can believe this. Nintendo's games aren't the same scale as Sony or Xbox. They have a few big ones like BotW but when you look at Nintendo Switch's lineup and take out the Wii U ports, you're left with a few great games but a lot of mediocre stuff like Mario Party games, Mario Sports games, Musou games... This is what I mean by Nintendo releases a lot of mediocre stuff that just gets swept under the rug or elevated higher than it should be because of a few great games and they're really good at branding/marketing.

If Xbox released Mario Strikers, they would get eaten alive.

Nintendo's games are among the biggest, most popular and best-selling in the industry. Games like Mario 3d, Pokemon, Zelda, Mario kart, Animal crossing, Splatoon, Fire emblem, Smash bros etc. sell millions and millions of copies.
Sony and Microsoft+Bethesda
(also counting Activision maybe) don't have many other games of this scale, which can compete at this level.

They said they would have more to share next year about TLOU Faction and shared concept art while having a ton of job listings... I highly doubt that game lands next year. Firewalk is still pretty early in development AFAIK and Firesprite is doing Horizon Call of the Mountain.

I mean like... excluding Activision/Blizzard games... Xbox/Bethesda games that have already released this generation and that have already been announced:
  • Flight Simulator
  • Halo Infinite
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Age of Empires 4
  • Psychonauts 2
  • (PS5 timed exclusive) Deathloop
  • (PS5 timed exclusive) Ghostwire Tokyo
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Grounded
  • Pentiment
  • Starfield
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Ara: History Untold
  • Redfall
  • Minecraft Legends
  • Avowed
  • HellBlade 2
  • Contraband
  • Perfect Dark
  • State of Decay 3
  • Everwild
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • Project: MARA
  • Fable
  • Indiana Jones
  • The Elder Scrolls 6
  • Kojima game
I'd like to reiterate this is all stuff that has been released or has been announced. We know of so many other games that are being developed inside of Xbox first party, like you mentioned a few Sony games that might release this generation that have not been announced I can do the same here:
  • Wolfenstein 3
  • Hibiki (Tango)
  • Project Dragon (IOI)
  • Project Colbalt (inXile)
  • New IP from The Coalition
  • Gears 6
  • One other Minecraft spin-off game
  • Double Fine working on multiple games
  • Project Midnight (Compulsion's third person action-adventure game)
  • Halo Infinite's battle royale
  • Project Suerte (Monster Hunter-like game)
  • a lot of other stuff
Tlou faction has been in development for at least 3 years. Also considering that it is a live service game, it is not impossible that it will be released next year.
The Firewalk game has actually been in development for a long time. When the partnership was announced, the game was already playable, I think it has been in development for at least 3 or 4 years as well.
Firesprite has 4 or 5 games in development, Horizon Call of the mountain is only one of them, and only part of the team is working on it.

These are the games already announced and already published by Sony in this generation. And this is considering that, unlike Microsoft, Sony has still announced very little while Microsoft has already announced most of its content.

- Astro Playroom
- Sackboy Adventure
- Spider-Man Miles Morales
- Demon Souls remake
- Destruction all stars
- Ratchet and clank rift apart
- Returnal
- mlb the show 21
- mlb the show 22
- GT7
- Horizon West Forbidden
- God of War Ragnarok
- Tlou part 1
- spiderman 2
- Wolverine
- Horizon The Call of the Mountain

This is the Sony games that are in development and that can be realeased in this generation.

New Santa Monica game
New Naughty Dog game
Insomniac multiplayer game
New Guerrilla game ( Horizon multiplayer game likely)
Ghost of thushima 2
Death stranding 2
Firesprite's Twisted Metal
4 more Firesprite games are in development
New game Housemarque
New game Bluepoint
New game Pixel opulus
New game Team Asobi
New mlb games
Bend studio new ip
New game from London studio
New game Mediamolecule
Haven studio game
Firewalk game
Deviation game
Helldivers 2
Bungie multiple games
Multiple vr games
Maybe a new Uncharted
Maybe silent hill
Other stuff

There are more than 30 games in development.

Again, this is also without Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, Call of Duty games, Blizzard's survival game, Toys for Bob's Crash spinoff, etc... Honestly your whole stance just reads to me like "Xbox games don't count because they're not third person narrative games" meme. Xbox is far and away already one of the best/biggest publishers, one rough year doesn't take away from that. Activision just makes it certain they will be the best/biggest.

Again, I never said that Xbox+Bethesda would not be one of the biggest/best publishers of the generation. It definitely would have been. I just said it wouldn't be the best. I think publishers like Sony and/or Nintendo are still superior overall. With the addition of Activision, however, things are different and there is a high possibility that Xbox could become the biggest/best publisher around. It is not 100% certain, but it could be highly possible.
But without Activision-Blizzard i don't think so.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I know it's reported that PC games are coming to xCloud, I think by Jez and/or Tom Warren, but has that been followed up on any time soon?

Not really expecting that soon (at least not with owned games) but that could be part of a double whammy announcement for Gamescom.

I know it's stupid and it's pure copium because I'm probably not gonna have a PS5 before Forspoken comes out, and that it showing up with an xCloud banner is just a glitch as a result of a quirk in how xCloud/the store works right now with everything having that same placeholder message, but eh, it's fun to speculate crazy shit
I don't think PC games coming to XCloud has been rumored or confirmed, but rather MKB support is coming. That's been confirmed in a MS Game Dev youtube seminar thing. It COULD mean Age of Empires 4 is being ported to Xbox and will be playable with MKB over Xcloud but who knows rn

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I think it will just happen naturally.

A big part about the publishers' beef with GFN is that they were getting *nothing* from Nvidia. Nvidia was just kinda swooping in and using their products in a service they were selling to consumers.

With Xbox it's different. Xbox is a marketplace for publishers' games, and they take the lion's share of the proceeds from the sale of their games via Xbox's store. And as Xcloud / streaming become more prevalent, I think being included on Xcloud will just be part of what it means to sell your games on the Xbox platform. It will be viewed as more akin to local streaming than server-based streaming.

Can/will there be holdouts? Sure. But I think bit by bit publishers will see it as Xbox shouldering all of the costs associated with what amounts to a value-add associated with their product. It'll just be a situation where they'll ultimately want their games to have feature-parity with other games on the platform.

The key thing will be Xbox standing strong with not allowing publishers to make streaming a pay-for feature that only comes with the "Elite" version of the release or requires you to pay a $10 fee to unlock the right. It's fine to make it a game-by-game decision, if they want. But with respect to a title/release, Xbox needs to make it so it's either all-in or all-out.

Chuck795

May 7, 2020
Just finished Gears 5 and WOW. If that were a Sony exclusives we would've been talking about it being a tent pole release of the last generation. What a gorgeous game...

Krazie

Jun 6, 2022
Just finished Gears 5 and WOW. If that were a Sony exclusives we would've been talking about it being a tent pole release of the last generation. What a gorgeous game...

I can't wait to see what Coalition can do with UE5 on the new hardware, and without needing to rush a title out the door.

They are some graphical wizards. If you didn't do Hivebusters yet, it's fantastic.

CosmicAn0maly

Jun 12, 2021
In my opinion, if that game wasn't called Gears, it'd be much better received and would have received significantly more attention. That franchise has been washed for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.