• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
Alright poor marketing aside. What accessories are you guys rolling with for your Xbox? What headsets? Favorite controller? Did you buy the expansion Card?

Elite Series 2, no expansion card but I do have a 2TB external SSD, HyperX Cloud Alpha for a headset but I'm thinking of also getting the Xbox wireless headset to use alongside it.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Elite Series 2, no expansion card but I do have a 2TB external SSD, HyperX Cloud Alpha for a headset but I'm thinking of also getting the Xbox wireless headset to use alongside it.

I really like the Xbox headset as a cheaper option. It's not amazing but it's a good one for playing while.the kids are going to bed.

Just the Xbox Headset for now.

How do you like it? I like mine. I constantly think of getting the beoplays but the cost is absolutely unacceptable.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I mean historic sales numbers, their ecosystem being the healthiest and most exciting it's ever been, and them being the market leader in NA would disagree but hey go ahead…

They can do better though.

I don't think anyone is losing their minds over it? Xbox is clearly healthy, but every company on the planet can improve in some ways, and some of us feel that their marketing team could improve when it comes to games. This thread should be safe to discuss criticism and ways xbox can improve as well. I don't anyone is really doom and glooming about it. I told an employee today ways they could improve when it comes to their job, but I am also happy with them as well. It is possible to be happy and also critical :P

scatterbrain

Apr 29, 2022
I really like the Xbox headset as a cheaper option. It's not amazing but it's a good one for playing while.the kids are going to bed.

How do you like it? I like mine. I constantly think of getting the beoplays but the cost is absolutely unacceptable.
I'm no audiophile and this is only the second headset I've owned so I don't really have a great frame of reference, but to me it seems great and it's quite comfortable when used for long periods.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
They can do better though.

I don't think anyone is losing their minds over it? Xbox is clearly healthy, but every company on the planet can improve in some ways, and some of us feel that their marketing team could improve when it comes to games. This thread should be safe to discuss criticism and ways xbox can improve as well. I don't anyone is really doom and glooming about it. I told an employee today ways they could improve when it comes to their job, but I am also happy with them as well. It is possible to be happy and also critical :P

Exactly. Well said.

LMAO

Oct 12, 2020
Alright poor marketing aside. What accessories are you guys rolling with for your Xbox? What headsets? Favorite controller? Did you buy the expansion Card?

2 Seagate cards (one each for X and S), standard controllers (I've heard too many Elite breaking stories), decent headset (Logitech G something)…but the crowning glory is…the massive pile of plastic instruments from Guitar Hero's past, and Rock Band currently. The Ion drum kit is *chefs kiss*. Near instant song loading with the new consoles is really nice.

Speaking of derelict plastic instruments…I know Phil name dropped Guitar Hero after the ABK deal was announced…that would be amazing. Poor Rock Band is on its last legs. 😟 But perhaps these games are but relics of days past.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Ive considered getting a headset just bc for dolby audio and maybe dual connection for discord but now that wont be necessary. I can just plug my headphones in if i ever wanted to but i have a house so.

No real desire to buy an elite or other controller. Only accessories if you can count it are eneloops.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I own nothing Xbox related other than the consoles and standard ass standard controllers (and some rechargeable battery packs for the One, which I no longer use - back to the eneloop/eneloop knockoffs). Almost bought an Obsidian pride tshirt last month. But I didn't.

Speaking of derelict plastic instruments…I know Phil name dropped Guitar Hero after the ABK deal was announced…that would be amazing. Poor Rock Band is on its last legs. 😟 But perhaps these games are but relics of days past.
With Harmonix gone [into the bowels of Epic/Fortnite], I'm not sure how that all would go.. People pooped on me for being upset that Xbox didn't make a move on Harmonix haha (fair enough), but still... especially now with Activision... Ah well. There's always Ubi for Rocksmith [ha].

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I feel like if they do revive Guitar Hero, they'll find some way to use a phone as a controller, or at least make it an option. If nothing else so it can be a cloud game.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I own nothing Xbox related other than the consoles and standard ass standard controllers (and some rechargeable battery packs for the One, which I no longer use - back to the eneloop/eneloop knockoffs). Almost bought an Obsidian pride tshirt last month. But I didn't.
The only Xbox merch I own is a 20th anniversary coffee mug with my name on it, and a few chief things (controller holder, funko pop, desk mug). But as soon as starfield drops I'm getting a t shirt and a mug, I can't resist that awesome logo.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Ive used the rare store a couple of times for some merch. SoT isnt even my favorite game but that logo is one of the best.
coa-40163_i7xacqhfifnlrfa0gc4r.png
These coasters look great too

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Total tin foil hat here, but Kadokawa has apparently sold more of their IP, combine that with Sarah Bond welcoming Spike Chunsoft to Xbox a little while ago... It could happen.

I'm like, 95% joking, but just a tiny bit serious.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Total tin foil hat here, but Kadokawa has apparently sold more of their IP, combine that with Sarah Bond welcoming Spike Chunsoft to Xbox a little while ago... It could happen.

She also welcomed playsim a couple of days ago :P

I know you said you aren't being very serious, but most of Kadokawas business is unrelated to video games. Buying them would cost billions and would involve areas that Microsoft has no experience or need for. They aren't buying them.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
She also welcomed playsim a couple of days ago :P

I know you said you aren't being very serious, but most of Kadokawas business is unrelated to video games. Buying them would cost billions and would involve areas that Microsoft has no experience or need for. They aren't buying them.

Oh God no, I agree, there's no way Microsoft is buying Kadokawa, I was more implying that they seem to be offloading some of less successful and more niche stuff, so I was more imagining a world where they sell off Spike Chunsoft specifically.

This is also me showing my ignorance, I have no clue how successful Spikes games are, but I at least know they're no From Software. And I can't imagine a world where they'd sell From for what it's worth.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Oh God no, I agree, there's no way Microsoft is buying Kadokawa, I was more implying that they seem to be offloading some of less successful and more niche stuff, so I was more imagining a world where they sell off Spike Chunsoft specifically.

This is also me showing my ignorance, I have no clue how successful Spikes games are, but I at least know they're no From Software. And I can't imagine a world where they'd sell From for what it's worth.

Sony, Cyberagent and Tencent invested in Kadokawa to help develop and promote Kadokawas properities around the world further. Spike Chunsoft is a huge part of the gaming side, so I imagine they wouldn't have entered into that agreement if they had the intention of selling.

I think it is unlikely they were selling, and if they were it probably wouldn't be too Microsoft but one of their partners in Sony or Tencent :P

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States

Have an Elite 2 but don't use it a ton these days
Orange and black design lab controller with interior grips (my main)
White controller
Various old Xbox One controllers I don't use
1TB SSD card
1TB external USB SSD for back compat games
Xbox wireless headset

The headset is fine, I like it but the sound quality isn't spectacular. Convenient that it connects directly though and I do love the volume twist on the earcup.

I've already played this one! But it's exactly in the realm of what I'm looking for.

Played the first half of Limbo (I forgot that I had it on my PS5 as a PA+ game from long ago). It's great, but… upsetting? I really didn't like the way some of the animations made me feel tbh.

Not exactly new stuff but in terms of short walking/puzzle games, I enjoyed Firewatch, Rime and Call of the Sea. Yoku's Island Express is amazing if you want something a little more "gamey".

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I love mine. (I assume we're talking about the $99 wireless ones.)

They're not the greatest things in the world, but they absolutely get the job done and I really like the interaction with them via rotating disks on the side.

Also, this was the first set that I have been able to stream bluetooth and gaming simultaneously without trouble, and that was an absolute game-changer. Listening to podcasts while playing certain kinds of games is fantastic.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Did they put a link yet?
Is this not it?

Edit: it is, but not the base game? Can't tell cuz this edition costs the same, it seems.

Kup produkt Digimon Survive Month 1 Edition | Xbox

Digimon Survive presents a hybrid visual novel and tactical RPG set in a mysterious world filled with dangerous monsters and deadly battles that will test your ability to survive. After getting lost on a school trip, Takuma Momozuka finds himself transported to a world inhabited by ferocious...

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020

I doubt it would happen, but at the same time Spike Chunsoft is a pretty small and niche dev with a cult following so unless they're like crazy profitable (and considering their small size and moderate successes, probably not infeasible) I really could see a situation where MS buys them from Kadokawa, but I agree it's probably not happening.

It's almost August, you know what to do.

Preorder Soul Hackers 2
Just waiting for a potential MS Rewards punchcard before I pre-order but definitely will

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Needing a little bit of help here. We tried playing As Dusk Falls with four players yesterday. Two had Game Pass on console and one owned the game on Steam (PC). No issues for multiplayer there. However, the fourth person wanted to join in locally on one of the Xboxes. He doesn't have Game Pass and the game wouldn't allow him to join. We have played Divinity 2 in coop like this no problem, although that Xbox account didn't own the game, he was able to play with his boyfriend. The website did state that a mix of local and online coop is possible. Any solution to this?

We really enjoyed chapter 1 by the way, but I do recommend finding some friends to experience this narrative adventure together. It makes for a unique experience and the "override" function with limited answers is pretty intuitive.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for abusing this thread again but i just can't find the current SoT thread on era with the search function.

How long does it take until you can play coop together with a person ? Is it still possible to revieve the content from the PotC collab they had going a while ago ?

I ts never gonna happen but I'm still hoping there will a One Piece x SoT collab at some point, would be freaking massive.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Sorry for abusing this thread again but i just can't find the current SoT thread on era with the search function.

How long does it take until you can play coop together with a person ? Is it still possible to revieve the content from the PotC collab they had going a while ago ?

I ts never gonna happen but I'm still hoping there will a One Piece x SoT collab at some point, would be freaking massive.

It takes zero second you can start a group right away before even entering the world the first time.
I'd still suggest playing the tutorial which is launched through a separate menu but I don't know if that one is playable in coop.

And yes, the PotC free expansion is available through the menu. It spawns you directly where the missions start.

Idas

Antitrusting By Keyboard
Mar 20, 2022
any links to vids for non-subs?

I took one for the team and subscribed to the Insider Program but they made me sign an NDA and now I can't tell you anything about the content :p xD

Anyway, I think I can tell you that it's a post about the origin of the game. It sounds cool!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It takes zero second you can start a group right away before even entering the world the first time.
I'd still suggest playing the tutorial which is launched through a separate menu but I don't know if that one is playable in coop.

And yes, the PotC free expansion is available through the menu. It spawns you directly where the missions start.
Sounds great thanks, PotC content free and still available.
Looking forward to finally giving this one a try.

Bic Han

Banned
Jun 12, 2022
User Banned (1 Week): Platform Warring; Meta Commentary; Cross Thread Drama; Account in Junior Phase
Just woke up, saw the PS fiscal report and yikes bro. Love seeing the egg on people's faces after Xbox's fiscal report. Xbox got off light compared to PS and they didn't even release any games

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Just woke up, saw the PS fiscal report and yikes bro. Love seeing the egg on people's faces after Xbox's fiscal report. Xbox got off light compared to PS and they didn't even release any games

?? Playstation did really well?

Both companies did well, I don't know why there is this constant measuring contest.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Is this not it?

Edit: it is, but not the base game? Can't tell cuz this edition costs the same, it seems.

Kup produkt Digimon Survive Month 1 Edition | Xbox

Digimon Survive presents a hybrid visual novel and tactical RPG set in a mysterious world filled with dangerous monsters and deadly battles that will test your ability to survive. After getting lost on a school trip, Takuma Momozuka finds himself transported to a world inhabited by ferocious...

Finally a link. Nice.

Usual day 1 edition. Same as base game but with nice items free for buying day 1/pre-order bonus.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Sounds great thanks, PotC content free and still available.
Looking forward to finally giving this one a try.

The Pirate content is really different from the main game. Much more linear and story-focused.

It's a fun break from the main game, for sure, but it's different. I still have to play the last Tall Tale.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just looking at the quarterly earnings thread for MS and Sony so far, just becomes more apparent how forward thinking MS have been in how they want to grow their business. Pivoting to an eco system with cloud clients, Xbox and PC seems to have been a stroke of genius. Kind of shelters them from ongoing (no end in sight) hardware related issue, at least temporarily and decouples engagement from consoles sold. Theres still much more growth available through other channels without solely relying on distributing consoles.

Reading on news however there's limitations on data centers in terms of how much electricity they'll be allowed to draw from their local grid which will absolutely impact tech firms with scaling and requires long term investment which I think is perhaps a greater priority than shipping hardware, (UK) but let's see. Just fascinating how bets Phil made years ago is mitigating problems in terms of access and growth that competition is struggling with. They've set themselves up nicely for 23.

Last edited:

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Just looking at the quarterly earnings thread for MS and Sony so far, just becomes more apparent how forward thinking MS have been in how they want to grow their business. Pivoting to an eco system with cloud clients, Xbox and PC seems to have been a stroke of genius. Kind of shelters them from ongoing (no end in sight) hardware related issue, at least temporarily. Theres still much more growth available through other channels without solely relying on distributing consoles.

Reading on news however there's limitations on data centers in terms of how much electricity they'll be allowed to draw from their local grid which will absolutely impact tech firms with scaling and requires long term investment which I think is perhaps a greater priority than shipping hardware, (UK) but let's see. Just fascinating how the bets Phil made years ago is showing others how to operate their businesses.
I don't even think the bet on the Series S has entirely paid off yet. Of course it's kept Xbox far from the 2:1 that fanboys were spewing in 2020 but there is still so much potential. Ancedotally speaking, I feel like casuals have not been compelled to upgrade their systems.

What happens when Microsoft first party starts rolling out? When Call of Duty, Madden, NBA 2K, etc., go current gen exclusive? I suspect Series S is going to skyrocket in 2023/2024.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I don't even think the bet on the Series S has entirely paid off yet. Of course it's kept Xbox far from the 2:1 that fanboys were spewing in 2020 but there is still so much potential. Ancedotally speaking, I feel like casuals have not been compelled to upgrade their systems.

What happens when Microsoft first party starts rolling out? When Call of Duty, Madden, NBA 2K, etc., go current gen exclusive? I suspect Series S is going to skyrocket in 2023/2024.
Yup. If I'm on a budget I'd want to get my kid the cheapest option to play with friends and tons of these games are crossplay anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.