• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pick a name, any name

• Say Hola to Halo

Votes: 62 12.6%
  • Age of Infinite Horizons

Votes: 144 29.3%
  • 20 years, 23 studios, Infinite Halo

Votes: 118 24.0%
  • Oh, I like it

Votes: 23 4.7%
  • …And the Horse You Rode In On

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Happy Anniversary Xbox!

Votes: 75 15.3%
  • You're safe now

Votes: 51 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2020
OMG, my wife is having a Zoom work meeting (she still works while I'm a retired bum playing video games) and she just asked me if I was downloading something because her stream was all choppy. I briefly debated lying, but reconsidered.

So my download is now paused while I wait for her meeting to end! 😩

Jan 4, 2018
Blog_HandofAtriox_WATERMARKED_1120x1341-855x1024.jpg

www.halowaypoint.com

Welcome to Halo Infinite

<p>Six years, six long years… you’ve waited, you’ve wondered, and now the time has come. Halo Infinite releases today! Before we dive into the details of this momentous day, let’s throw it over to Bonnie Ross and Joseph Staten who have a few words they want to share with our studio and...

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Fuck, i have to wait 30 Minutes, look like I will play after UCL.

But holy shit the Jason news, 2/3 of content cut ? And the game is still massive like that ? Without the tools issue this game was going to be a really massive.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
Halo is dead, right? Meanwhile while I look at my xbox friends list.. "Halo: Infinite - Campaign"; even from some people I haven't seen online in ages.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Played the first few missions, seems like some pretty solid Halo-ing. Off to a good start.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
It's even more than that, lol.

Curtis Schweitzer, Joel Corelitz, yours truly - Campaign

Eternal Time and Space, Alex Bhore, Joel Corelitz - Multiplayer.

Have fun playing/listening!
Loving the soundtrack! You guys did a great job with the mix and build ups in the campaign in the 3ish hours I've been able to play and I can't wait to experience more of it in game!

Oct 12, 2020
Oh lawd, this is sooooo good. Nothing beats becoming Master Chief again.

Heroic is the way to go for me I think. Forces you to fight smart, and cut your losses and retreat to let shields recharge. Not dying too much that it has become frustrating at all….yet. It's also going to make the campaign last longer too. I can already tell I don't want it to end.

The gameplay just feels amazing. I'm extremely happy right now. 😊

edit: and of course THE MUSIC. One of the key pillars of making the Halo Formula sing. 🎵 Even early in the game the music has given me chills.

Last edited:

ez123

Feb 18, 2020

Devs are having some problems with QR. There should be an option to disable because it seems to effect games even if you quit out of them sometimes.

I remember quitting Horizon 5 and yet the next time I booted it up, the Quick Resume logo was there and the fp I had been gifted in the last session disappeared.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Just played 4 hours straight without stopping or even getting out of my chair. Just STRAIGHT Halo.

I'm in love so far.

It's even more than that, lol.

Curtis Schweitzer, Joel Corelitz, yours truly - Campaign

Eternal Time and Space, Alex Bhore, Joel Corelitz - Multiplayer.

Have fun playing/listening!
OMG dude thanks for stopping by this thread! I don't know what pieces are yours or if they are all partly yours but the music has been BEYOND phenomenal. Just dynamite work. I can't say enough good things about it so I'll just say thanks.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
It's kinda surreal that almost 2 years ago we had the infamous Halo Infinite Grappling Hook Leak - which was met with an enormous amount of skepticism, frustration (i.e. doubling down on non-traditional 'advanced mobility' mechanics and chasing trends), "How does a 500kg super soldier use a wrist-mounted grapple?" lore-queries, and Frankie's faux-denial of its legitimacy.
mQlalDo.jpg

Now I'd argue it's one of Infinite's most defining and enjoyable mechanics - tantamount to GoW's Leviathan Axe even -, and frankly I don't want a future Halo Campaign without it. It's such an amazing addition to the physics-based sandbox. Grappling a fusion core only to hurl it at an enemy is just sooo good

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Oh lawd, this is sooooo good. Nothing beats becoming Master Chief again.

Heroic is the way to go for me I think. Forces you to fight smart, and cut your losses and retreat to let shields recharge. Not dying too much that it has become frustrating at all….yet. It's also going to make the campaign last longer too. I can already tell I don't want it to end.

The gameplay just feels amazing. I'm extremely happy right now. 😊

edit: and of course THE MUSIC. One of the key pillars of making the Halo Formula sing. 🎵 Even early in the game the music has given me chills.

had to pull myself away as have work in the morning, but this is the best halo i have played since Halo 3, love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.