• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Incomplete list wars hooray!

You missed like 8 Xbox games in 2020 lol

If u gonna list wars at least do it consistently and even in missing games especially in 2020

Ori
Grounded*
Gears tactics
Tell me why
Bleeding edge

Flight Sim
Forza Horizon 5
Halo
The Ascent
Psychonaughts 2
Age of empires 4
The artful escape
The gunk

star field
Redfall
Forza motorsport
Sommerville

You missed a ton of games for Xbox. And it looks like Microsoft will be releasing more next gen only games next year. I'll take that for sure. Lets see that machine sing.

It's so annoying. And results right away that I have feeling the discussion is in bad faith. And no interest to get into it..

It genuinely isn't in bad faith. I'm well aware of some of the games I left out. But the funny thing is, I left out games on both sides.

I was just trying to make the point that PS lineup is significantly better than Xbox 2020-2022, and thus Xbox has a bit more to prove. So I'm not sure what you guys are trying to argue with me about? Are you claiming Xbox has released the better games these last 2 years lol?

Regarding the list....
2020: Predator hunting grounds, Iron Man VR, Persona 5 Royal, the Pathless, Godfall (lol! Why are you guys making me mention this game 🤣)

2021: I mentioned most the games you felt like listing again lol... psychonauts 2 is also on PS (which I didn't know till like the HDR debacle). Age of Empires PC for now. The other 2 are smaller titles, which again I didn't feel like mentioning because PS has some too (FIST most recently)

Anyways you lot. Take a chill pill. Not everything is an attack. Let everyone just enjoy what they want.

(FYI, I have a Series X + GPU till 2024... this is my first xbox ever, so clearly they're doing some stuff right and are slowly but surely getting there!)

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
I'm going to consider list wars as an extension of doom posts so

KotoriFingerguns.png

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Weak list wars aside, Ringten is correct in that Xbox still needs to prove itself.

Playstation has definitely had the bigger 1st and 3rd party exclusives out of the two in recent years. Obviously the industry is waking up to Xbox' improvements to their hardware and services (Game Pass gets brought up in a positive light on podcasts all the time now. Well deserved, I might add), but Xbox still needs to build more momentum for its game lineup. Sony's CGI/cinematic in-engine announcements are viewed in a context of Sony delivering critically acclaimed AAA games over many years. Xbox' games are not. That's why so few gave XGS' CGI announcements the benefit of the doubt. Call it media/community bias. Call it momentum. Call it whatever you want, but it is what it is.

I think we can all agree that Xbox 1st party has made significant improvements in recent years, though. And it will only get better from here.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I went with the official release date of the game :) 28th April 2022.

www.stalker2.com

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl — Official website

☢️ S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl is a next-gen sequel to the award-winning PC game franchise developed by GSC Game World, set to deliver a unique action experience of survival in the post-apocalyptic Chornobyl Exclusion Zone. Preorder is available on Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG...

yes!

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Just the reminder that XGS/Bethesda will have published 6 games this year. I don't think any of them will end up reviewing below 80, and at least 2 are 89+, which means a STRONG preponderance of 9.5s and 10s.

Then my work here is done just beginning.

You don't think? I feel like people get excited every time they think about what a One Piece game could be, but are always let down. I mean, it's probably QUITE the challenge to even begin to tackle a game like that. But, I can't imagine that a big budget One Piece or Demon Slayer or AoT game that either went all in on production values or on really bringing those worlds to life in gameplay or setting (or maybe even fleshing out the in-between slice of life bits) would be met with disinterest. Iono. I feel like people would be quite hyped at any one of these properties done well.
I didn't say they'd be met with disinterest. Just that they wouldn't much move the needle. The market isn't really there for it, with even the best Naruto and One Piece games barely breaking 2 million sales.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Weak list wars aside, Ringten is correct in that Xbox still needs to prove itself.

Playstation has definitely had the bigger 1st and 3rd party exclusives out of the two in recent years. Obviously the industry is waking up to Xbox' improvements to their hardware and services (Game Pass gets brought up in a positive light on podcasts all the time now. Well deserved, I might add), but Xbox still needs to build more momentum for its game lineup. Sony's CGI/cinematic in-engine announcements are viewed in a context of Sony delivering critically acclaimed AAA games over many years. Xbox' games are not. That's why so few gave XGS' CGI announcements the benefit of the doubt. Call it media/community bias. Call it momentum. Call it whatever you want, but it is what it is.

I think we can all agree that Xbox 1st party has made significant improvements in recent years, though. And it will only get better from here.

List wars are stupid. The goalpost will always be moved and it always comes down to personal taste. Maybe it's because I go for both consoles....but all I see when yall make that list is the amount of content I'll be playing. If God of War dissapoints me...it has no bearing on my enjoyment of Starfield. Me playing Gran Turismo before Motorsport releases just means I'll be playing two top notch console racers. Thinking that a game has to beat another in order to be great is so silly. Microsoft will win as long as they create content that their customers are enjoying. Regardless of the 3rd person loving press.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Sony has zero games left this year and I don't see any doom either :) I think it's a different situation when you actually have games in the back pocket.

Q1 and Q2 2022 will have some Xbox timed exclusive however anyway, such as Stalker 2. And you will see stuff like FH5 Expansion, Halo Infinite updates etc.

I will be honest. I don't see much doom anywhere other than on this place here and even here only from the usual people. There is way more meta-commentary about doom and gloom than there actually is here. Even the reaction to the leaked Redfall images has actually been rather positive, excluding people who don't know about game dev.

XGS literally just released a GotY contender and will still release three AAA Games this year that are all shaping up fine, the announced roadmap of games is (much) larger than any other first party organization. I think we are just fine on Xbox :)

I'm wait till that TGS show before I Doom

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
My life has a limited time for games. Here are the game I am interested in ordered as I come up with them in my head:

Halo Infinite
Perfect Dark
Fable
Avowed
Gears 6 which I'm sure is in development in some capacity
Starfield
Forza Motorsport Infinite or whatever they call it.
Hellblade 2 I guess deserves a playthrough

As for Bethesda:
And thats probably enough for me. I've never liked a BGS game, always got bored wandering around after 20 minutes, but I'm going to give Starfield a try because I love sci fi and its free on GP.
If a Quake reboot is on the table after Doom Eternal than I will definitely try that out.
An Indiana Jones game sounds about as interesting to me as those tomb raider games I've yet to try after having 6+ years to do so.
Redfall is the exact opposite type of game from games I like.
Anyways what I am saying is XGS is still great to me even outside of Bethesda so I find it hard to believe people can see nothing they like in the lineup even with Bethesda there. Being as apathetic as I am towards Bethesda is very atypical.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017

Thanks! This is what I was trying to get at, albeit quite poorly. Didn't mean to make it a list war at all.

At the end we win I guess! Getting great games everywhere :)

My PS5 hasn't been turned on for a while, nor is anything interesting coming out (for me).
But I am loving the fact that I can play all Xbox games I missed (currently playing Ori/Forza Horizon/Halo MCC)

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I still believe "second RPG" here means "the RPG next to Wasteland 3", as they kept working on this one - and still are. inXile has 100 devs, I don't see how they can work on Wasteland 3 Expansions, another RPG and yet another AAA RPG at the same time. But maybe my interpretation is wrong.

All the inXile job positions refer "to work on our unannounced, next-gen project".

Yeah i think that is most likely the case.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Lol. The cycle of doom & gloom continues (some posters), same in both OT's, just at different times; it was mind numbing in the PS one before the event announcement. Just play games, it's a hobby, not a battlefield.

Anyway, I like what both are doing and that both are different. I don't want either chasing the other's coat tails to "match" a game for another game per the absurd list wars that crop up. Let the studios work on what they want to work on, that is the most important thing. Gaming is better off and more diverse that way.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Odds Deathloop is given a price cut to $60 next year when it comes to Xbox so it's not $70 MSRP? Lol. I'm guessing 100%.

Though it's likely to go on sale before then anyway.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
If u gonna list wars at least do it consistently and even in missing games especially in 2020

Ori
Grounded*
Gears tactics
Tell me why
Bleeding edge

Flight Sim
Forza Horizon 5
Halo
The Ascent
Psychonaughts 2
Age of empires 4
The artful escape
The gunk

star field
Redfall
Forza motorsport
Sommerville

folks just need to enjoy games, and all of whats to come and more this gen! :)

E-36JXNWEAAnQCD

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis

To be real, it being in preproduction really isnt a really to not give a cgi trailer. SoD 3 is still in preproduction according to the community manager. If anything it just gives players on the game and to officially let people know, hey, here's a thing.

Of course CGI doesnt show the game and people will be upset by it cause reasons. I would like to be able to give the game a name though, at least in my mind lol

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
R.be4d33f40011e7e33faa484fea0aa540

After Fallout 4, I'm not as confident in BGS as I am Arkane.
You've got guts! I'll give you that. I'm putting my money on Starfield.

Then again, I don't think a lot of people expected Rare to make Xbox' most successful new IP last gen. Stranger things have happened.

Edit: I thought Fallout 4 was great, if a bit stale, myself. I think working on a new IP could be just what BGS needs to shake up their formula.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starfield will be huge. I just hope it gives the same bubble of excitement I got stepping out of the vault in Fallout 3 or the sewers in Oblivion.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I think there's a shot. Borderlands without the shitty humor alone would probably be a massive IP.
Man am I glad it's a looter shooter with single player support. For the longest time Borderlands was the only big one. I don't mind Destiny, but it requires a different kind of dedication to fully enjoy it. Borderlands can be played from beginning to end without having to rely on other players, which suits my playstyle much better. Well, aside from a couple of raid bosses.

Should Borderlands go the Destiny/MMO lite route for Borderlands 4 I'll at least have Redfall to fall back on.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
honestly 3 months is good imo. I don't like timed exclusives to begin with, but it's enough time to associate the game with a brand and if you are really desparate to play you have your choice. 1 year+ of exclusivity is just annoying. I don't like having to wait that long, and neither should other folks have to when the shoes on the other foot.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I know Zenimax has a new game in the pipeline, but I really wish one of the big three, Nintendo, MS or Sony would make a dedicated console MMO. I know there are some out there, but they are PC ports for the most part. I would love a dedicated console MMO.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
ngl, I'm not upset about the Xbox moneyhat on Stalker only being 3 months, if anything I'm glad that more people will get to play it by the end of next summer, but I find the notion that, Stalker 2's exclusivity Vs say what Sony is doing as some equivalent thing is absurd.

What I would do to only have to wait 3 months to play FF16 or Forspoken on my console, let alone stuff like FF7R that I'm still waiting on. Anyone that's complaining about Stalker's 3 month exclusivity needs to honesty just stfu.

business is business, and I don't think anyone is "innocent" as it were from making those types of deals, but I don't see how anyone could look at Sony and Microsoft, and say that Sony isn't the one that has taken the timed exclusivity bullshit to another level. Some of these games Sony is moneyhatting are things we won't get to play until the latter half of the generation at best.

It's why the status quo is just frustrating I guess. As someone who previously, was primarily a Playstation person and moved to Xbox due to finding MS's first party more interesting, it just feels like it's punishing those who decided to go elsewhere, and frankly it's also not doing much in terms of me considering a PS5 purchase. The more and more I look at Sony's 1st party, and what they have down the pipe, the less and less interested I am in buying one. Very happy just being primarily Xbox and Switch this generation, but this is all just frustrating, coming off a generation where things were more multiplat than ever.

We've gone from seeing the likes of Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, etc fully embracing multiplat, and porting back catalog games to other platforms, to now at least Final Fantasy being locked to another platform again, and I feel it's only a matter of time until Kingdom Hearts, NieR, etc are next.

it just sucks, and every time this conversation is had on this site, timed exclusivity discussions devolve into concern trolling.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I know Zenimax has a new game in the pipeline, but I really wish one of the big three, Nintendo, MS or Sony would make a dedicated console MMO. I know there are some out there, but they are PC ports for the most part. I would love a dedicated console MMO.
With how MS and Sony have been pushing forward with their successful PC Initiatives, I doubt that would happen anytime soon. Unless Nintendo suddenly decides they want embrace online gaming, which I don't foresee in the near future.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Well with Zenimax being owned by Xbox console play should be a priority. I dont think making a MMO for console is feasible in today's market. The vast majority of MMO's are on PC.

Only having to make the game for Xbox and PC should hopefully help with how the game is built. Knowing Game Pass players on console can just hop in should hopefully clue them into to make it more console friendly.

I kind of want to see what a Nintendo MMO would look like. Not chats, no friends, no guilds, raids only on Sundays etc. 🤣

AGE2019

May 5, 2019
User warned: Console war rhetoric
Holy shit if MS has to develop more PS games while Sony continue to develop Marvel exclusives

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know it seems like their next MMO will have spent a lot of time cooking under the Xbox umbrella, they gotta know it'll be a big Gamepass game so I bet it's a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.