• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure there are some element of pre-production happening but I imagine right now it's all hands on deck to get Starfield done in time. I'm guessing writers would be the first to move over since at some point you have lines recorded and there's only so much you can re-write and re-record.

Late 2025 is best case, 2026 is more realistic. All I know is the gaming world is gonna explode when there's a new elder scrolls. Short of like GTA6 I can't think of many other games that could have as big of an impact this gen.
I just hope we don't get something like Hellblade 2 where its been 2 years since the game's reveal and its still in pre-production ><

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure there are some element of pre-production happening but I imagine right now it's all hands on deck to get Starfield done in time. I'm guessing writers would be the first to move over since at some point you have lines recorded and there's only so much you can re-write and re-record.

Late 2025 is best case, 2026 is more realistic. All I know is the gaming world is gonna explode when there's a new elder scrolls. Short of like GTA6 I can't think of many other games that could have as big of an impact this gen.

Next generation only ES6 should be something to behold hopefully.

I wonder what Zenimax will be doing next, are they going to double down on ESO?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

Crazy the MLB twitter account is advertising MLB The Show... specifically on Game Pass

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018

I imagine the folks involved in pre-production are doing conceptual stuff (gameplay systems, overall art direction, overall design activities etc) that isn't overlap with the state that Starfield is in.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020

Crazy the MLB twitter account is advertising MLB The Show... specifically on Game Pass

That's pretty crazy honestly… just, a Sony developed game getting only Xbox advertising by the brand and available on Xbox Game Pass.

Also, given the success of MLB 21 on Game Pass and the continued advertising for Game Pass from the MLB, I have a strong feeling that MS signed a multi year Game Pass deal with the MLB. It's a strong value add for both parties and certain to be good PR for Game Pass

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
I mean I thought it was way more fun than the 2016 game because of that. 2016 got pretty easy and you could just use the Super Shotty the whole time, Eternal makes you have to actually focus the whole time and use your whole arsenal
Exactly.

Edit: I enjoy it the same way I enjoy using all my weapons in botw.

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I am currently hyped for the PS event and I thought also about what Xbox could show next. I think Avowed is a option or maybe Forza Motorsport after the FH5 marketing is concluded. What do you expect or wish to be shown for XO (if the event is happening) and TGA from Xbox?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I am currently hyped for the PS event and I thought also about what Xbox could show next. I think Avowed is a option or maybe Forza Motorsport after the FH5 marketing is concluded. What do you expect or wish to be shown for XO (if the event is happening) and TGA from Xbox?
I'm really hoping for a 20th Anniversary show. Bring in people like J Allard, Peter Moore or others to talk about Xbox and show off some new stuff coming to Xbox while celebrating the past.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Playstation is only able to generate this hype because they waited and let all the big games cook and be ready.

Xbox next big event should be no sooner than E3 2022 IMO.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Playstation is only able to generate this hype because they waited and let all the big games cook and be ready.

There is some info at the TGS in regards to Xbox there. What people need to do is temper their expectations and Sony has had plenty of State of Play events that were not big events either.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States

Xbox likely has around twice the number of first party titles in development. It's unrealistic to think they're only going to do one show a year. And anyway they've said they like having X0/TGA as a chance to get people excited around the holidays.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
There is some info at the TGS in regards to Xbox there. What people need to do is temper their expectations and Sony has had plenty of State of Play events that were not big events either.
Yep, exactly. They had plenty of SOPs in the middle that weren't that widely well-received. Yet, that doesn't mean those SOPs weren't useful for the people who wanted that information. Same sort of deal with the Xbox shows. People were kinda down on Gamescom, but they revealed a SOD2 expansion and Flight Sim stuff.. I mean.. It is what it is.

I don't think going back to the model of "1 big event a year!" is the right model for Xbox. Save a lot of cool stuff for E3 definitely. But, there's not enough time in June to fit everything in anyway anymore. And I totally think it'd be a waste if they didn't do something cool for 20th anniversary or at least tease stuff for next year once the pandemic is more controlled (ha.. ha)

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
What works for Sony doesn't necessarily work for Microsoft. Sony can have one event a year because they're the market leader. As a challenger brand Microsoft needs to be louder, they need to beat that drum more often to ensure Xbox and Game Pass remain on the radar for people who aren't current users. And so they do.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Yep, exactly. They had plenty of SOPs in the middle that weren't that widely well-received. Yet, that doesn't mean those SOPs weren't useful for the people who wanted that information. Same sort of deal with the Xbox shows. People were kinda down on Gamescom, but they revealed a SOD2 expansion and Flight Sim stuff.. I mean.. It is what it is.

I don't think going back to the model of "1 big event a year!" is the right model for Xbox. Save a lot of cool stuff for E3 definitely. But, there's not enough time in June to fit everything in anyway anymore. And I totally think it'd be a waste if they didn't do something cool for 20th anniversary or at least tease stuff for next year once the pandemic is more controlled (ha.. ha)

Gamescon was poorly paced (Age of Empires I'm looking at you) but I'm still glad they were there.

What works for Sony doesn't necessarily work for Microsoft. Sony can have one event a year because they're the market leader. As a challenger brand Microsoft needs to be louder, they need to beat that drum more often to ensure Xbox and Game Pass remain on the radar for people who aren't current users. And so they do.

Yes they (Microsoft) need to be in the news more I agree but Sony is also spreading out their information as well, they just don't let you know about them too far in advance. For whatever reason they just don't want to be part of E3 anymore (likely because they got ridiculed at their last E3). So they had a State of Play before and will have one next week.

Jun 15, 2020

If it were up to me, I'd move Quakecon to Febuary-ish and have 4 showcases a year, each one about 30 minutes.

Xbox Showcase: Quakecon (February)
Xbox Showcase: E3
Xbox Showcase: Gamescom
Xbox Showcase: XO (November)

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
wide.png

Xbox Hintergrundbilder | Xbox Österreich

Die neuesten und coolsten Hintergrundbilder für Xbox. Lade Hintergrundbilder von deinen Lieblingsspielen auf all deine Geräte herunter.

Some cool screenshot from Halo, FH5 and much much more. From time to time I visit the official site to get myself some new wallpaper for smartphones, Xbox and PC. Now I choose a smartphone one, because the dynamic Halo theme is what I use on Xbox.

Anyways I thought maybe some of you don't know about this site yet and want some nice wallpapers. All of those have a smartphone, tablet, Xbox, ... version to pick.

yes please.

standard.png

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
If it were up to me, I'd move Quakecon to Febuary-ish and have 4 showcases a year, each one about 30 minutes.

Xbox Showcase: Quakecon (February)
Xbox Showcase: E3
Xbox Showcase: Gamescom
Xbox Showcase: XO (November)
E3 gotta stay 90mins. Xbox has too many 1st party games and partnerships with indies and 3rd parties to only have 30min shows imo.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
been playing Doom 2016 for the first time on pc that I picked up during the Quakecon sale along with Doom Eternal and the DLCs

one thing i will say is that the weapon upgrade system is a little intimidating upfront since it seems you cant respec and there is pretty different opinions on what the "good" weapon builds are

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
HOW DARE YOU TRY TO BUY A PRODUCT AT OUR STORE?!

My guess is that it just ends up being practically unreliable and they'd rather not deal with the customer service nightmares of having people rush to the store, only to get into confrontations with each other or staff.

Hm, yeah, that makes sense!

i always have an alert for Series S on bestbuy and it is usually restocked frequently.
heres the extension for chrome/edge
chrome.google.com

Octoshop: Price compare, cashback, alerts

Get the best price every time! Earn cash back at thousands of retailers, compare prices, and set price drop alerts.

Thanks, but I need to buy mine at Wal-Mart because I have some gift cards I need to use up!

If you mean in a physical store, just keep an eye out. I've seen them at Target, Fred Meyer and other such retailers. But only once in awhile.

Yeah, I think I'll just have to keep calling because I don't want to have to go down there every day.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020

Thanks, but I need to buy mine at Wal-Mart because I have some gift cards I need to use up!

Yeah, I think I'll just have to keep calling because I don't want to have to go down there every day.

the extension works on walmart website too. It basically works on online retailers website and alert you of stock available.

Nest19

Feb 17, 2021
I wonder about Starfield's lore. Bethesda is creating a new lore and it's so exciting. Fallout and Elder Scrolls have one of the deepest lore in the gaming world. Starfield will be amazing too.

My most anticipated game since Halo 3.
Well even though I think Bethesda fallout's are great, the way they have managed the lore is dubious.

Glad Jez gave his input on the development.

Lol I was 99% sure those comments where BS. And I trust Sponger saying it's going well than someone who has an Axe to grind.
If Ubisoft dont wanna make a new Splinter Cell, Xbox should just make their own Splinter Cell.
Wasn't that what Shangheist going to be before Black Tust got turned into The Coalition?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Lol I was 99% sure those comments where BS. And I trust Sponger saying it's going well than someone who has an Axe to grind.

Wasn't that what Shangheist going to be before Black Tust got turned into The Coalition?
I think so. That's why it's time to revive that project. Ubisoft has gone all in on service and big expansive open world games.

A smaller game by The Coalition that is a spiritual successor to Splinter Cell could be a big hit for Game Pass. There's an audience for that type of game. Of course it's up to the Coaltion if they even want to return to Shangheist.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
www.resetera.com

Multiple Taiwanese stores list Alan Wake Remastered to release on October 5 (PS4, PS5, Xbox)

After the Epic Games Store database leak where this game was mentioned, physical versions for the game have appeared on multiple Taiwanese stores. Not much apart from that and a release date of October 5. https://www.ruten.com.tw/item/show?22135870264224...

confirmed by ZhugeEX !

Awesome, thanks. I know I'm being greedy, but I wish it were Xbox exclusive so it would launch on Game Pass.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, me too. Asked Jeff if we should expect an Alan Wake 2 announcement soon, he said he still think it's too early.

Gonna buy it both Digital and physical edition.

It gets an annual play through, along with grabbed by the ghoulies. Wonder what we can expect as far as upgrades? RT would of course be amazing, but I think that may be setting myself up for disappointment.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Man, the resolution enhancements along with auto-HDR make the handful of enhanced 360 games look absolutely incredible. My sister is playing Portal 2 on my XSX and in 4K with HDR it honestly looks absolutely incredible and just like a current gen game. I know part of it is because of Portal 2's incredible art direction and the motion blur, but the game just looks so damn incredible and clean with the high resolution and the HDR highlights.

And I just love how my sister was able to still just use the disk from like 2013 or something and it just works and is 4K HDR

Last edited:

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Man, the resolution enhancements along with auto-HDR make the handful of enhanced 360 games look absolutely incredible. My sister is playing Portal 2 on my XSX and in 4K with HDR it honestly looks absolutely incredible and just like a current gen game. I know part of it is because of Portal 2's incredible art direction and the motion blur, but the game just looks so damn incredible and clean with the high resolution and the HDR highlights
Is Portal 2 60 fps? Would love to get it if so, if not, I'll have to stick with the PC version. I agree with you though, Gears 2 & 3 look absolutely stunning

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
This is probably the wrong place to put it, but want to give props to OscarK and SpartyCrunch and the Xbox team for everything that's been improving with the Xbox app. Getting frequent updates that are steadily addressing those annoyances and pain points, particularly with Game Streaming. xCloud is not a perfect experience yet by any means, but it is overall a very good one and getting better.

Thanks ya'll :D

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I'm really hoping for a 20th Anniversary show. Bring in people like J Allard, Peter Moore or others to talk about Xbox and show off some new stuff coming to Xbox while celebrating the past.
I would like to see such a roundtable. If it's after a 30-60 minute show with trailers etc. I usually dig those talks, but I don't like it when talks such as this happen in between trailers like at the Gamescom show. Perhaps that doesn't make sense to some, but it is what it is for me 😅

With regards to what Xbox could show next, honestly I think Redfall gameplay should be on the books since its coming Summer next year.
I didn't know Redfall will be there so soon. That's great and I hope we see gameplay soon.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I guess it does make sense that if Redfall is the closest first party title outside of this year that it would be the most logical game to be shown next.

Status
Not open for further replies.