• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Isn't Starfield using the same engine as the last Fallout game? It probably won't look particularly great.

Crazy just how many HUGE rpgs MS has gone in on. Just kinda a weird slate of games, with it being so RPG heavy.

it already looks amazing , it using the Creation 2 engine (so heavily modded vers).

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Probably will have to wait a full year since release, thats what they seem to do with a lot of the bigger titles

Christ almighty a full year? I may as well buy the disc then. That's what I may do as an early Christmas gift for myself. For my own personal GOTY list I want to see if It Takes Two dethrones my current favourite games I've played this year (Ori 2, Psychonauts 2, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Crash 4, and Yakuza 0).

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Starfield using the same engine as the last Fallout game? It probably won't look particularly great.

Crazy just how many HUGE rpgs MS has gone in on. Just kinda a weird slate of games, with it being so RPG heavy.
No. It's a new version of the Creation Engine they've been building for a while now meant for Starfield and TES VI.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
No. It's using the next iteration of the engine, Creation Engine 2. And if it looks anything like the trailer, which is supposedly alpha footage, it'll look amazing. I just hope it looks as good as the trailer, because the "downgrade" talk will be unbearable otherwise (unlike with Avowed's trailer, which is CGI).

if it looks anything close to the trailer it will look amazing!

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
There are some quibbles I have with The Ascent, small ones. I just wish the map was a bit easier to use and the interface for upgrading, all the RPG elements was better.

In fact, its kinda confusing what all the upgrade elements even are, and seems like there are a few too many of them. I just wish they made that bit simpler, with a better interface.

Other than that, I really really do like love the game, a great ISO action game is just perfect for me. Just the RPG elements, inteface, and map, if they were better this game would be so much better.

Still need to get around to Psychonaughts 2, Eldest Souls and Lamentum. Along with that and the other GP games like Dead Static, I should be pretty set for the rest of the year. Meant to be hanging out with Bloc Party tomorrow, I know pathetic to name drop, but am more in the mood to just game and learn linux for work.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Guys this may not be the best place to ask, but it's the Xbox OT so here it goes. My 3 months of Game Pass for $1 have expired, what's currently the cheapest way to subscribe to Game Pass?

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Guys this may not be the best place to ask, but it's the Xbox OT so here it goes. My 3 months of Game Pass for $1 have expired, what's currently the cheapest way to subscribe to Game Pass?

I believe the cheapest way is to buy as much Gold Live membership as you can like 2-3 years. Then you can upgrade it all to Ultimate Gamepass for the price of 1 month of Gamepass, which for you will probably be like 15 bucks I think, because you used the $1 deal already, although that will come back over time eventually.

Personally, even though its a tiny but more expensive, on a per day basis, I just like to get those two week passes off ebay. That way, if you get busy, go on vacay, you don't feel bad for not gaming, and they dont expire those codes. More flexibility. And its just damned cheap. Pretty incredible all around.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Finished Halo 5. Only have Halo Wars 2 to finish but idk if I will...

Definitely can see the infinite plot/timelinebeing confusing if you're only playing mainline entries

lilojigsaw

Chicken Chaser
Mar 1, 2018
Not sure if anybody would want this, but saw it pop up as I was browsing. Seems to hold a few games, controllers and a headset. Gamestop

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
The pain of knowing Eternals sound track won't be on Spotify indefinitely sucks.

Edit: The only thing they fear is you ost has 39 million views on YouTube lmao.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
I believe the cheapest way is to buy as much Gold Live membership as you can like 2-3 years. Then you can upgrade it all to Ultimate Gamepass for the price of 1 month of Gamepass, which for you will probably be like 15 bucks I think, because you used the $1 deal already, although that will come back over time eventually.

Personally, even though its a tiny but more expensive, on a per day basis, I just like to get those two week passes off ebay. That way, if you get busy, go on vacay, you don't feel bad for not gaming, and they dont expire those codes. More flexibility. And its just damned cheap. Pretty incredible all around.

Thanks! I think I'll go with the 2 week codes too since I don't always have time to game.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I'm sorry. Are you a game developer? Just curious..
One doesn't need to be a game developer to know that. The amount of detail, budget, technical proficiency, and man-hours required to make a visually stunning open world game with realistic graphics is incomparable to making a great looking isometric game. Open world games have to look good from every angle and place in the open world, not just from a certain angle (and with much fewer details) like in isometric games.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I want the next DOOM to take place with the Sentinels in a medieval / fantasy setting (alongside Hell setting). They hinted that this could be a possibility for the future of the series so I hope it happens.

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

awesome!
E-ULBzIWQAETcAw

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
Finished Halo 5. Only have Halo Wars 2 to finish but idk if I will...

Definitely can see the infinite plot/timelinebeing confusing if you're only playing mainline entries
the halo wars 2 campaign is pretty good, i highly recommend it but if you dont feel like to play at least consider checking the cutscenes on youtube, there's a couple that are absolutely must watch.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
the halo wars 2 campaign is pretty good, i highly recommend it but if you dont feel like to play at least consider checking the cutscenes on youtube, there's a couple that are absolutely must watch.
yeah I got through a few missions after finishing Halo Wars 1 and the step up in quality throughout is staggering. I just don't know if I wanna power through an RTS campaign haha. I'll probably just watch the cutscenes. The ones I saw were really good.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
yeah I got through a few missions after finishing Halo Wars 1 and the step up in quality throughout is staggering. I just don't know if I wanna power through an RTS campaign haha. I'll probably just watch the cutscenes. The ones I saw were really good.
yeah, i get that. for what is worth it took me around 9 hours to finish it so its not that long.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
How is Death's Door? Is it more of a Hades or more of a Zelda game?
More Zelda, but even then it's not really Zelda. It's an isometric combat/exploration game with levels having multiple sub-levels making up a "dungeon" of sorts, with a boss to cap it off. It's still an enjoyable game made by such a small team. Music is great, too.

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
More Zelda, but even then it's not really Zelda. It's an isometric combat/exploration game with levels having multiple sub-levels making up a "dungeon" of sorts, with a boss to cap it off. It's still an enjoyable game made by such a small team. Music is great, too.

Oh god, is it a game where you are constantly lost? Deaths Door is on my list for after I beat Ascent and Psycho2. But I am not down for those games where you just spend hours wandering around not knowing where to go.

And again, Ascent is such a damned cool game. Just remarkable, but how is there not a quick button for the menu. Just dont get such a big over sight.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
Oh god, is it a game where you are constantly lost? Deaths Door is on my list for after I beat Ascent and Psycho2. But I am not down for those games where you just spend hours wandering around not knowing where to go.

And again, Ascent is such a damned cool game. Just remarkable, but how is there not a quick button for the menu. Just dont get such a big over sight.
no. Its more guided then Zelda.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

There is no mini-map, so it's POSSIBLE to get a little lost, but I don't think so. There's usually signage and a flow of direction anyway leading you somewhere. The map is basically one central area and then three branches (into the "dungeons"). I don't recall ever feeling lost. Maybe if you don't play it for a while and revisit it and wanted to go hunt for some collectable secrets. The game is metroidvania ish where you get upgrades and can use those to unlock some areas you passed by earlier. Getting back to those areas may be a little confusing, idk. But I wouldn't say you're ever constantly lost, no.

Oh and there's plenty of checkpoints to pop in and out of from the hubworld, so it's easy to get around.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Do they ever explain after Halo 5 how Chief fixes the crack in his helmet visor

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Fyi elite controllers are about $20 off right now. Just picked one up, feels realllly great
I really want one, but I like the advancements of the Series controller and the build quality stories have scared me away a bit.

I might pick one up during Black Friday/Holiday when Amazon has their extended return policy in place.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Infinite happens roughly 2 years after Halo 5 (H5 happened in 2558 and infinite takes place in 2560). The basic reason is Chief just got a new suite from Halsey, as did all the spartans. They are all currently using Gen 3 from my knowledge (H5 was gen 2)
Infinite happens roughly 2 years after Halo 5 (H5 happened in 2558 and infinite takes place in 2560). The basic reason is Chief just got a new suite from Halsey, as did all the spartans. They are all currently using Gen 3 from my knowledge (H5 was gen 2)
ah i see. that's what i was wondering. thx

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
ah i see. that's what i was wondering. thx
np. Ya, we don't know why Chief is in space or anything like that though. Basically, the time jump is there to allow players to be put into a space of unknown like CE. We know there's a conflict, but the state of it is unknown. This allows them a bit more flexibility when it comes to a refresh and makes it less daunting for new players.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/technical-preview-outcomes

In case anyone wanted to read 343s follow up to their flight and what is being addressed. Its not exhaustive but has some big things in it (clarifying xp, medals, Friend or Foe, UI etc)
Hmm lots of good information. Seems like a lot of these big feedback items are getting addressed post-launch. Doesn't surprise me, but I can see people being impatient (fairly so, perhaps). Would be nice to get a sense of the timeline - is 'post launch' earlier than 'as seasons progress' or whatever. But yea, I think it's easy to underestimate how early you have to get everything done and locked when you're launching on as many platforms as they are. Either way, most of the big complaints we were hearing seem to be addressed one way or another in here. And undoubtedly, there will be some more tweaking and changes moving forward over the future.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
One doesn't need to be a game developer to know that. The amount of detail, budget, technical proficiency, and man-hours required to make a visually stunning open world game with realistic graphics is incomparable to making a great looking isometric game. Open world games have to look good from every angle and place in the open world, not just from a certain angle (and with much fewer details) like in isometric games.
Dude, hush. How do you know if you have to be a developer or not, if you're not a developer?

Thanks anyway for answering the question.

Apr 3, 2018
Ran into a weird issue with my Xbox all on iOS.

Started last night— the app opens upside down and I'm unable to fix this. I've deleted it and re-downloaded several times but no change.

Any advice? Can't seem to find any fixes online.

Status
Not open for further replies.