• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
P5R is not that old, 1 year and a couple months. Hell if we go by jp original date Ys9 is older!

I played the original p5 on ps4, but didn't have time to buy or play royal (and the ps4 broke earlier this year),1 year is not that long.

PS: I played p1, 3, 4, 5 and aside from 1 that I don't think aged any good, p3 and p5 are next to each other as my fav, didn't like p4 much.
The dreamed p3 remake that combines portable and FES content would be a great ;-;, would love to replay p3 on Series X.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Not if we are talking about p5 orignal xD
Never play p3, i think i can really like this one, i hope they will release it on modern platform. I prefer p4 to p5 because of the athmosphere and dialogue. When you do your bounding, i really love to see how the dialogue will evolve in P4 ( and i cried a lot of time while playing p4). In p5, it wasn't that emotional and sometimes felt too much when they talk. It was still a great game , but when i begin to play striker, i feel like, i didn't want to continue their storie :/ ( and i think it's because of the royal ending, it was just bad for me, way too long) .

P5S is another very fresh game, hope it comes together with P5R.

P3 can't be ported as is, gameplay needs some fixing with QOL stuff that was added from p3p forward, but p3p lacks a big chunk of story from p3 and it's a vn outside of the dungeon, so it also doesn't work.. needs a proper remake.

But yeah, what you just said is the reason I don't particularly like p4, I don't like the characters (Rise aside, she's good) and the atmosphere is boring with the whole place in the middle of nowhere (inaka) reminds me too much of where I live, also a place with nothing.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy how good this armor looks.

hi-scorpion-punch-armor-coating-4k-39934e8051124b5ca6de7881098fe028.png

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Klob preaching. I think option for the "pro" scene would be good tho. To use red and blue. But overall customization is nowadays a huge factor in a MP game and for people to keep playing also.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
I'd definitely be in favor of either but I think a reboot would probably be best, as it's been a while, and the story, especially in the DLC, had gotten very crazy. And a reboot would open it up to way more people as I'm not sure you'd be able to jump in to a sequel without having beaten the other 3 games and the DLC, which I agree they're great games that hold up, but they're still 360/PS3 games and that would limit the people who would play it. I think a reboot would give the best chance for the new game (and hopefully the series) to be successful.
A reboot that either focuses on the OG marker on earth (the Altman story) or the Marker found on Aegis VII (marker 3a I think, though that's irrelevant). Aka being on the planet during the first necromorph outbreak (I dont count the wii game that did this, give me a proper one). They could just repeat DP 1 with Isaac but I think that's the weakest option. I love Isaac but if its a reboot it needs to be new. Let's also stay away from DS 3's tone entirely lol. Go all-in on D1 tone and style or don't do it at all imo.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Klob preaching. I think option for the "pro" scene would be good tho. To use red and blue. But overall customization is nowadays a huge factor in a MP game and for people to keep playing also.
These kinds of options already exist in other games, right? iirc, there's team colors for Overwatch that they use for competitive events

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis

Hard no. Red v Blue is more than just a color, it's an identity. I mean, look what came from it. Outside of that, you have the fact that Halo very much focuses more on game visual queues than UI overlays. Red v Blue allows for easy identification without the need for even more UI plastered over my screen.

Red v Blue should be there for all and or most team modes. If they do BTB 2.0, I can see it not being present there but it should 100% present in ALL arena team modes.

Beta Ray Bill

Jun 10, 2020
It is so weird hearing people claim Halo 4 and 5 are nothing like what came before. Absolute bonkers. Both games were absolutely still 100% Halo.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Yea get rid of Red vs Blue. I want to be able to customize my colours how I see fit and have it be shown in team games.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Am I dreaming or wasn't there supposed to be a big announcement regarding Xbox today from a French outlet?

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Jup. So its kinda weird Halo needs to keep red and blue by some people. Its really not needed for MP. I get its nostalgic. But still.
Something else to consider: Infinite is a F2P MP game, so getting players to invest in cosmetic appearance and items literally is the business model of the game. Things in the game that restrict a user's ability to show their cosmetics and potentially drive down their interest in that would be antithetical to those goals that will drive business success for the game.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I wish pvp games had less customization options. Always just ends up looking dumb as shit. Looking at you Gears.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Something else to consider: Infinite is a F2P MP game, so getting players to invest in cosmetic appearance and items literally is the business model of the game. Things in the game that restrict a user's ability to show their cosmetics and potentially drown down their interest in that would antithetical to those goals that will drive business success for the game.
Jup.

I mean look at this sexy stuff

hi-watchdog-armor-coating-ar-4k-86cb7fb5e22143139e8c9f83a378b4a8.png
hi-splinter-desert-coating-1920x1080-f82f9d9813b949f582f9e510f47596ee.jpg
hi-noble-defender-armor-coating-4k-62c27b15525b4f4e8ebe021e0f0e9739.png
hi-watchdog-armor-coating-br-4k-1e8e22c8d2ae41b3ae88e4b42baec8d5.png

Bakura

Oct 26, 2017
if people want red vs blue just include a toggle in options for them.
I think everyone would be happy

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
if people want red vs blue just include a toggle in options for them.
I think everyone would be happy
Yep shouldn't be any technical issue.
Crazy how good this armor looks.

John Shepard
Less than a week left guys 😊 We re almost there.
Yep I can't wait for E3 madness and all the conferences. Feels so far away though.
Something else to consider: Infinite is a F2P MP game, so getting players to invest in cosmetic appearance and items literally is the business model of the game. Things in the game that restrict a user's ability to show their cosmetics and potentially drive down their interest in that would be antithetical to those goals that will drive business success for the game.
Yep absolutely worth considering.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RvB could just be a local toggle for those who must have it. I agree that for years now it has bugged me that my Spartan never looks like my Spartan due to a color splash.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
RvB is a classic Halo thing and it should return. Give people plenty of options to make their own characters but the classic RvB needs to be part of Halo.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
I get that but is that really something 343 and MS should be doing more of? Changing more for the sake of pushing monetization? They already did so by restricting player agency when it comes to customization by moving to the shader system. Removing a visual staple of halo multiplayer to subconsciously push more monetization is just not something that sits right with me. I can accept the restriction of color customization given the ftp nature, but that additional change to push it further is not ok.

If they do remove it, it should only be removed in free for all and btb 2.0 (if that mode exists). Aka do it in the big mode, not the arena

RvB could just be a local toggle for those who must have it. I agree that for years now it has bugged me that my Spartan never looks like my Spartan due to a color splash.

You actually could not do this as it would be equivalent to a player playing with outlines in pubg and one not. It's essentially an all-or-nothing design decision when it comes to visual identifiers in pvp modes. The mode will either have rvb, not have it, and or have outlines. This is not something you can make toggible as it directly affects the competitiveness of the match.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I agree with the cosmetic, but don't forget that 343i MP Level design is one of the worst Halo ever have + MP art too.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I agree with the cosmetic, but don't forget that 343i MP Level design is one of the worst Halo ever have + MP art too.
I think the biggest issue for me was them making maps via Forge or trying to building from some Story/MP kinda thing. They need to go back to making bespoke maps for certain modes.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
RvB is a classic Halo thing and it should return. Give people plenty of options to make their own characters but the classic RvB needs to be part of Halo.
RvB does not add anything to halo that couldn't be achieved through player outlines. It's continued existence in games is nostalgia and a detriment to Spartan customization.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
RvB does not add anything to halo that couldn't be achieved through player outlines. It's continued existence in games is nostalgia and a detriment to Spartan customization.
RvB has pretty much been a classic thing in most MP games. Its just the standard Red team against the Blue team, which is easy to do. Interested to see if 343i can do something different instead.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
man if Infinite is really September, I ought to get a move on, on the remaining games I need to play.

I have ODST, Reach and 4 and 5 left.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Getting rid of RvB would be dumb as fuck UNLESS there is a toggle.
I don't think they should get rid of it either. But they should introduce a toggle, because some want to see their character in their color of choice and I think a toogle would be good for accessibility reasons.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Personally, I would prefer it if Halo Infinite kept the red and blue for the multiplayer modes. With so many multiplayer games it's way to hard to see whether another player is a friendly or an enemy and it just makes the games a lot less fun for casual gaming. In Halo, it's always been and still is simple because the enemy is whatever color you are not, and friendlies are the same color as you.

Playing the new COD game, Cold War, I find myself constantly shooting at team mates or not shooting at enemies because they all look the same. I miss the days of Ghosts/BO2 and before when the players on each team had a very clear, specific design that tells you from any distance what team the player is on so you'd know from looking what team they're on. That's just simply not a thing on the modern day COD games, and I cannot help but feel that I would feel the same about Halo if they got rid of red/blue color designations

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I think they will keep red versus blue in Arena game modes with competitive mechanics at its core and allow for Spartan customisation in non-Arena modes, including the BTB+ mode. That is logical and best for both worlds; Halo has long suffered from having such a large and diverse player base and really doesn't suit a one-size fits all approach.

Speaking of, can't wait to see what they're cooking up for the ranking system.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm mostly on Klobrille's side with the red vs. blue debate but I don't see 343 changing it. It would be nice to have customization matter more though, especially if that rumored new BTB mode is a reality.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
I think they will keep red versus blue in Arena game modes with competitive mechanics at its core and allow for Spartan customisation in non-Arena modes, including the BTB+ mode. That is logical and best for both worlds; Halo has long suffered from having such a large and diverse player base and really doesn't suit a one-size fits all approach.

Speaking of, can't wait to see what they're cooking up for the ranking system.
this is the only way they could do it.

As for ranking, most likely expect H5's ranking system but more refined. It really was a good ranking system, however, in some ways it worked too well and made everything super sweaty at all times. Id prefer a H5 ranking system but ones thats a bit more relaxed

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
People actually bought the Chief and Cortana thing, it actually is one of the most acclaimed things of Halo 4.

Yeah, I have a friend who's super into Halo 4 and the Chief & Cortana thing is a big reason why. Not saying it's inherently bad, but I'm not a fan. The plot of the Halo games isn't doing much for me anyway, it's the action that's keeping me hooked, so that's not a big issue for me.

Just played Stage 5, "Infinity", and it was pretty great! I think the first stages were a bit boring, but Stage 5 got me excited about the second half of the game.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Red vs Blue is so good for player visibility. Everytime I play other shooters I have to get accostumed to look for gamertags and see if theyre red or not. Kinda sucks compared to red v blue.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'd say it's time to do in the old red vs blue. There's better ways to show team affiliation nowadays, and it does reduce the appeal of customization when your guy is gonna be in team colors.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
Onlywantsapples Microsoft should help falcon to do the localization of the trails series ! this is the best thing that can happen to them i think. Microsoft should really get the trails series on gamepass also, and getting hajimari and kuro on it days one. It's my biggest dream haha
To be honest, my love with the Trails series has kinda fallen off a cliff after CS3/CS4 but, I think if Microsoft were to look at Japanese devs to either acquire, or just work with, these are pretty solid picks imo.

Trails is a very Yakuza like situation where there are so many entries in the series, that you could honestly just put Sky on gamepass, and it would lead to more people talking about the series and playing it, and it would ultimately lead to more brand awareness and a rise in popularity on both PC and Xbox.

Falcom is also a company that strikes me as always on the edge financially tbh. Their reason for putting a year game out every year is because they wouldn't be able to survive otherwise (I'd argue this is the biggest reason why their games are dropping in quality. combination of insane ambition, budget constraints and having to put out a title every year but that's besides the point), and I'm sure they'd love a cash infusion. Considering all these games have PC versions it feels like a very easy win for MS, and for both parties it would be a win-win.

Cold Steel is on Luna and Stadia, I honestly think it's only a matter of time. NISA put Disgaea 4 into Gamepass too, but I think Falcom and devs like it, are very much an opportunity for Microsoft and they should take it.

Focus on Japanese content should be bottom up imo, and I think in getting these types of games on the platform and growing an audience on the Xbox side, over time you make a stronger case for why Japanese content should be on the platform to Japanese devs.

Especially if as the rumors seem to be suggesting, Microsoft is indeed working with Kojima. These targets would just be easy, considering what would be a small amount to pay for MS would be a massive deal to the the devs. I'll also be honest and say I find the notion of playing Trails in particular via Xcloud a very appealing proposition lol.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
I don't want to be a smart ass, but the best solution would be a toggle on the clients side. So if you want red/blue simply active it, while your friend could have it off in the same match.
its not. If I have it on for an example and you don't, the same player we are looking at could blend into the game more based on the coating they select. You can then say, well, ill have an outline. Ok, well then the outline should only occur when you're looking directly at the player. Anything more gives you more of an edge purely cause of how outlines works (UI overlays that require them to be brighter). Thus the game telling you "hey, bad guy right here" instead of you recognizing the player yourself.

Again, its all or nothing. Either do rvb or dont. It can vary on mode, but toggle is not a viable option.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'd say it's time to do in the old red vs blue. There's better ways to show team affiliation nowadays, and it does reduce the appeal of customization when your guy is gonna be in team colors.

Just let it be an option per player. If you want RvB, then toggle that and all players will have the normal RvB armor color.

If you want to see the different coatings people are using, then use that option and that will provide red outlines of enemies or whatever they decide on.

For ranked playlists, you'd probably just default to RvB though.

If they keep RvB, I'd like to see customisation similar to Rocket League teams. My friends and I have very different animated skins, but even with team colours they still look great.

Personally I wouldn't like RvB but if they insist there are ways to make it work

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Just let it be an option per player. If you want RvB, then toggle that and all players will have the normal RvB armor color.

If you want to see the different coatings people are using, then use that option and that will provide red outlines of enemies or whatever they decide on.

For ranked playlists, you'd probably just default to RvB though.
This doesn't work for the same reason games with skin monetization mostly don't let you turn off other people's skins: it makes those skins a lot less valuable when you can't show them off.

Besides, every time people disagree on anything about presentation people go "make it a toggle!" but it's usually not that easy unless you've prepared to make it one well in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.