• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Said this in the other thread, but think of it this way: No one can find an Xbox right now. Not even the Series S is readily available. Why waste the perfect PR opportunity at this time?

Stock is non-existent. They're either going to wait for each Bethesda game's big show, where they can REALLY put some excitement and momentum behind the exclusivity announcement, or will wait for E3/Summer altogether. It never made sense to do it now, Xbox never said they WOULD do it now, and there are no logical reasons TO do it now except to quell the fears of nervous Playstation diehards who will do whatever it takes to not buy an Xbox.

Spoiler: If you like Bethesda games, buy an Xbox/PC :)

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Said this in the other thread, but think of it this way: No one can find an Xbox right now. Not even the Series S is readily available. Why waste the perfect PR opportunity at this time?

Stock is non-existent. They're either going to wait for each Bethesda game's big show, where they can REALLY put some excitement and momentum behind the exclusivity announcement, or will wait for E3/Summer altogether. It never made sense to do it now, Xbox never said they WOULD do it now, and there are no logical reasons TO do it now except to quell the fears of nervous Playstation diehards who will do whatever it takes to not buy an Xbox.

Spoiler: If you like Bethesda games, buy an Xbox/PC :)

Yep. Otherwise hope and pray that the game you want will find its way on PS5.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
- All Bethesda games on Gamepass
- The fact that New Vegas 2 just might be a possibility
- All the possible collaborations

I respect everyone's opinions and concerns honestly but I feel like if we were a little less enthusiast about the gaming industry and was just a gamer in the ecosystem we'd have been over the moon with the announcement, instead of having to argue about what 'some' means for like 7 pages.

I can't wait! 23 studios and 35 teams, GP is KING :)

Jan 4, 2018
What the fuck is this shit

bmD.gif

driqe

Jan 21, 2021
There seems to be a certain pattern with IGN...

Both of them are at IGN

I don't think its a coincidence

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
"Kill Grounded" in there for no reason, clowning
My take: Kill TES and Fallout, they're both awful. Let Obsidian do whatever.
Not the biggest fan but they can be fun sandboxes, especially with mods. Obsidian can be trusted to make other types of games so either BGS or them were forced me make something different, it should be Obsidian.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Todd Howard already said all hands would be on deck for TES 6 (the three BGS studios) a fourth studio is not needed.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
If Obsidian are going to work on anything for Bethesda it should be another Fallout not as a support studio Elder Scrolls.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Not the biggest fan but they can be fun sandboxes, especially with mods. Obsidian can be trusted to make other types of games so either BGS or them were forced me make something different, it should be Obsidian.
To me, the terrible basic gameplay of both prevents them from really being good sandboxes. They're not even that sandboxy, really, there's just a metric ton of quests and stuff to do. They're very, very dense themeparks. There's none of the systems creating emergent gameplay I associate with sandboxes.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Ryan with another galaxy brain take I see. The dude knows nothing and doesn't understand anything. He really should just transition to Elon Musk's personal butler already.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That would be a great way to cause mass resignations, especially from the Grounded team.
Not like the grounded team is huge (iirc wasnt it like 6 people?), but thats the most baffling part. Grounded is a huge success for a budget game, and its actually pretty interesting, id love for it to expanded on.

btw if we are killing one game for another, id kill Starfield for crackdown 5, since 4 is already being made.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
It's still insane to think about the stable of developers at Microsoft's disposal now. It'll be interesting to see how some of the more unproven fringe developers under Xbox fare though. That'll be the difference between Xbox having really good first party support, and tops in the industry.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Making changes on teams and companies wasn't what made Xbox lose good talent and ending up closing studios like Lionhead? Why do people like Ryan now ask for this?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Ryan with another galaxy brain take I see. The dude knows nothing and doesn't understand anything. He really should just transition to Elon Musk's personal butler already.
I mean, let's not go nuts now. This is absolutely some 10k IQ shit but Ryan's alright... mostly.

Tho if he's a Musk fanboy I might have to revise that, lol.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Xbox fans, I know I'm guilty of "not chilling", but let's just chill. This gen will be the best gen ever for Xbox fans, and below is the list of their first-party studios. They have an INCREDIBLE array of talent, and it could continue growing.

1. New Bethesda studios:
    1. Alpha Dog Games: mobile developer, known for MonstroCity and WraithBorne
    2. Arkane Studios: Deathloop, Dishonored, Prey
    3. Bethesda Game Studios: The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starfall
    4. id Software: Doom
    5. MachineGames: Wolfenstein, Indiana Jones
    6. Roundhouse Studios: new studio, formed in Nov 2019, consisting of former Prey developers
    7. Tango Gameworks: The Evil Within, Ghostwire: Tokyo
    8. ZeniMax Online Studios: The Elder Scrolls Online
  2. Xbox's original 15 first-party developers:
    1. 343 Industries: Halo franchise, Halo Infinite
    2. The Coalition: Gears of War franchise, Hivebusters
    3. Compulsion Games: Contrast, We Happy Few
    4. Double Fine Productions: Psychonauts 1 and 2 Broken Age, Headlander, Costume Quest, Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle
    5. The Initiative: Perfect Dark
    6. inXile Entertainment: Wasteland franchise, Wasteland 3, The Bard's Tale franchise
    7. Mojang Studios: Minecraft
    8. Ninja Theory: Hellblade 1 and 2, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Bleeding Edge
    9. Obsidian Entertainment: The Outer Worlds, Avowed, Grounded, Fallout: New Vegas, South Park: The Stick of Truth
    10. Playground Games: Fable, Forza Horizon franchise, Forza Horizon 4
    11. Rare: Sea of Thieves, Everwild
    12. Turn10 Studios: Forza Motorsport franchise
    13. Undead Labs: State of Decay franchise, State of Decay 3
    14. World's Edge: Age of Empires franchise, Age of Empires IV
    15. Xbox Game Studios Publishing: Battletoads, Flight Simulator, Gears Tactics, Ori, Tell Me Why, in other words, 2nd-party publishing deals

Preach! :)

it will be insane.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's still insane to think about the stable of developers at Microsoft's disposal now. It'll be interesting to see how some of the more unproven fringe developers under Xbox fare though. That'll be the difference between Xbox having really good first party support, and tops in the industry.
Right. I wanna see what a studio like compulsion games will do next, same with inexile and double fine. I have high hopes for these studios, they did cool stuff before Xbox but now theyre playing with budgets bigger than ever.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Yuck at Ryan's take. I like having more games of all sizes and would like to see Obsidian try whatever they want.

Let studios have multiple creative teams so folks within the studio can move around to different projects without leaving all together.

Scarecrowe

Apr 9, 2020
Crazy part is, is that they're just getting started lol

Status
Not open for further replies.