• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
The only reason I can see for Microsoft to bring a majority of Bethesda games to PlayStation is as a trojan horse to bring GamePass to other devices. We will let you have Elder Scrolls and Starfield and Doom and Fallout but only if we can bring GamePass to your console.

Otherwise, releasing these games on other consoles doesn't further Microsoft's strategy. The sales on PS would surely be great but it doesn't direct gamers towards the Xbox or GamePass, which is the ultimate goal.

Dec 31, 2017
So true..lol
In my opinion, the games should just remain multiplat with all games coming out on GP day one. Everyone wins.
Except that will barely more the needle financially for MS, if they want the increased user base and increased Gamepass subscriber base they need exclusivity and in the long run it will more than make up for lost PS sales.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
lol the guy talking shit about the "5% chance" of the Bethesda Games being exclusive deleted his tweet.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you have a crystal ball, no one could absolutely know this.
Fair statement but as of right now it's very important that MS have people buy into there hardware to become XGP member. XGP isn't Netflix, Disney +, HBO Max or even Amazon Prime. It's still in it's infancy phase and still has a long way to go. Selling Xbox is right now the primary way for it grow and you ain't selling Xbox's with out exclusives.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fair statement but as of right now it's very important that MS have people buy into there hardware to become XGP member. XGP isn't Netflix, Disney +, HBO Max or even Amazon Prime. It's still in it's infancy phase and still has a long way to go. Selling Xbox is right now the primary way for it grow and you ain't selling Xbox's with out exclusives.
I think PC is prob a bigger interest than Xbox. Everyone that doesn't have Xbox say "I'll play it on PC"

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I see this a lot but can they really clarity 100%? If they say all games going forward will be Xbox / PC and xcloud but they make a one off multiplat for switch they will be killed. Say every game is multiplat then they make a game or 2 exclusive
They are going to be yelled at no matter what. Are they going to anger the PlayStation fans or the xbox fans. That's the choice.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
XGP is on PC and also the number would be small, and a lot of those people be lying
Holy shit what LMAO.

Dude, Steam is one of the biggest profit drivers for MS right now. In fact, every single one of their games are seeing massive playerbases on Steam.

Steam/PC gaming grew more than it ever has this last generation. The reason XGS shifted their strategy from timed exclusive Win10 store/GP, to day 1 release on the platform is because of that tremendous success.

Halo Infinite is launching day 1 on Steam, with F2P MP. It will be the biggest userbase for the game.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit what LMAO.

Dude, Steam is one of the biggest profit drivers for MS right now. In fact, every single one of their games are seeing massive playerbases on Steam.

Steam/PC gaming grew more than it ever has this last generation. The reason XGS shifted their strategy from timed exclusive Win10 store/GP, to day 1 release on the platform is because of that tremendous success.

Halo Infinite is launching day 1 on Steam, with F2P MP. It will be the biggest userbase for the game.

I never said the PC audience isn't big but the amount who have a PS5 and say they just get it on PC instead I doubt is very huge.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
I never said the PC audience isn't big but the amount who have a PS5 and say they just get it on PC instead I doubt is very huge.

Again, the vast majority of core gaming users now own a gaming PC, moved over thanks to streaming becoming popular and helping push the format to a level of popularity its never had. There are reports indicating something like 60-70% of users have a gaming PC or laptop now, and I don't see that number stopping its growth.

MS themselves have been seeking this very userbase, first by pushing on Win10, followed by Steam, and thus de-valuing the HW selling power of their lineup. Sony's userbase has been a far more global/casual userbase, and there is simply nothing indicating those users aren't continuing their buying trends.

MS has gone to great length to completely upend their business model from being a HW-sales led one to a service/SW publishing one. It actually fits in with the rest of how the company pushes their SW & services. They have no walled gardens and aren't in the business of it; Xbox is the absolute last bastion of this approach and even that is transforming.

But lets say all of Zenimax/BGS becomes perm exclusives on console on Xbox going forward - is that going to solve their sales issues in the rest of the world, which is really where they have fallen behind to Sony & Nintendo? Highly unlikely. What Zenimax publishes caters to a very US/UK centric userbase and that was already their biggest sales regions. And the games will still be available on another platform, PC, which is at the height of its popularity right now, and whose growth is unlikely going to stop.

I know it circles back to the question of "Why did they do the buy if you aren't gonna make the titles exclusive?", and the answer is still very simple - BGS' output just on its own will still act as a perpetual growth driver for two of their core services they want to expand going forward - GP & xCloud. Getting that many more games exclusives to these two services, in addition to their already increased output, means that each new release has a chance to convert a user into the MS ecosystem via subscription, and if they decide not to sub, MS still gets a premium margin from an individual sale that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise on Steam/PS/Switch. Its a literal win-win. And should some day any platform holder reverse course and decide they are okay with allowing MS' services on the platform, they'll already have audience engagement with several of their IP versus having to appeal to them all on their own with their lineup; it's easier to get a Nintendo-only user to sub to GP with TES6, thanks to the Skyrim ports, if Nintendo were to ever allow GP on there than it would be do it with just Halo or Forza.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit what LMAO.

Facts

MS putting their games on Steam was/is a huge deal.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Again, the vast majority of core gaming users now own a gaming PC, moved over thanks to streaming becoming popular and helping push the format to a level of popularity its never had. There are reports indicating something like 60-70% of users have a gaming PC or laptop now, and I don't see that number stopping its growth.

MS themselves have been seeking this very userbase, first by pushing on Win10, followed by Steam, and thus de-valuing the HW selling power of their lineup. Sony's userbase has been a far more global/casual userbase, and there is simply nothing indicating those users aren't continuing their buying trends.

MS has gone to great length to completely upend their business model from being a HW-sales led one to a service/SW publishing one. It actually fits in with the rest of how the company pushes their SW & services. They have no walled gardens and aren't in the business of it; Xbox is the absolute last bastion of this approach and even that is transforming.

But lets say all of Zenimax/BGS becomes perm exclusives on console on Xbox going forward - is that going to solve their sales issues in the rest of the world, which is really where they have fallen behind to Sony & Nintendo? Highly unlikely. What Zenimax publishes caters to a very US/UK centric userbase and that was already their biggest sales regions. And the games will still be available on another platform, PC, which is at the height of its popularity right now, and whose growth is unlikely going to stop.

I know it circles back to the question of "Why did they do the buy if you aren't gonna make the titles exclusive?", and the answer is still very simple - BGS' output just on its own will still act as a perpetual growth driver for two of their core services they want to expand going forward - GP & xCloud. Getting that many more games exclusives to these two services, in addition to their already increased output, means that each new release has a chance to convert a user into the MS ecosystem via subscription, and if they decide not to sub, MS still gets a premium margin from an individual sale that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise on Steam/PS/Switch. Its a literal win-win. And should some day any platform holder reverse course and decide they are okay with allowing MS' services on the platform, they'll already have audience engagement with several of their IP versus having to appeal to them all on their own with their lineup; it's easier to get a Nintendo-only user to sub to GP with TES6, thanks to the Skyrim ports, if Nintendo were to ever allow GP on there than it would be do it with just Halo or Forza.

While you make great points, IMO if XGP had like 50M or more. Right now it's at 18-20M and I'll say at least 70-80 % is on console. Right now Xbox is primarily way of people getting into XGP. I'm not a believer in Xcloud and to me it won't be a major factor for another couple years as of right now. So either you use a PC or Xbox to have XGP, so if your MS right now was befits your goal more keeping your games exclusive to Xbox/PC or putting it on Xbox/PC/PS? If PS and PC overlap to some degree that's more of a reason not to put games on PS. XGP is nowhere near where it kinda a platform it's self. XGP needs Xbox to sell for it grow. Not more then Sony or Nintendo, but to sell. 40-45M ain't cutting it this Gen

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
User Banned (5 Days): Platform Warring; History of Platform Warring
The only reason I can see for Microsoft to bring a majority of Bethesda games to PlayStation is as a trojan horse to bring GamePass to other devices. We will let you have Elder Scrolls and Starfield and Doom and Fallout but only if we can bring GamePass to your console.

Otherwise, releasing these games on other consoles doesn't further Microsoft's strategy. The sales on PS would surely be great but it doesn't direct gamers towards the Xbox or GamePass, which is the ultimate goal.
I mean. They have multiple strategies. If you read and review all the Bethesda purchase official statements from MS and Bethesda, the key components are accessibility and how many gamers there are in the world. It seems counterintuitive to lock those games behind a platform while preaching those words.

I mean, I agree as a gamer I'd love to see them take games away from PS. I want the status quo to shift. I'm tired of seeing "Xbox has no games". I'd love for that, truly. But Microsoft is what... a trillion dollar Corp? They have multiple goals with Xbox. Who knows what they'll do

Joopster

Jul 28, 2020

I think Zenimax games have a way broader userbase than the Xbox One had (which was a huge flop in Europe). Zenimax is popular in all of the west, not just the UK/US. I feel like making them exclusive could have a big impact on the European market. Countries like Germany/Netherlands generally favor Playstation consoles (with usually about a 80/20 split) despite Zenimax games being very popular there. They can certainly push a lot of European people into an Xbox console and/or a Gamepass sub (on PC/Xbox). I think in the Xbox 360 days most of Europe was relatively even when it came to consoles. The Xbox One screwed Europe up and I think the Xbox Series & Microsofts current strategy could really change that.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
While you make great points, IMO if XGP had like 50M or more. Right now it's at 18-20M and I'll say at least 70-80 % is on console. Right now Xbox is primarily way of people getting into XGP. I'm not a believer in Xcloud and to me it won't be a major factor for another couple years as of right now. So either you use a PC or Xbox to have XGP, so if your MS right now was befits your goal more keeping your games exclusive to Xbox/PC or putting it on Xbox/PC/PS? If PS and PC overlap to some degree that's more of a reason not to put games on PS. XGP is nowhere near where it kinda a platform it's self. XGP needs Xbox to sell for it grow. Not more then Sony or Nintendo, but to sell. 40-45M ain't cutting it this Gen

XGP does need Xbox to sell for growth, but that is why they discontinued the approach of everything on their bigger overall release platform, PC, being only Win10 & GP, and expanded it to steam - they absolutely need the increased userbase and revenue.

And GP is never gonna get its explosive growth; it'll be a steady but sustained growth rate, and they'll ultimately begin making versions of GP that allows the service to expand its audience reach. They are working hard on getting a curated GP on Steam, and are likely in some form of talks with the other HW manufacturers on what they'd need to do to get the service on their platforms as well.

Take the last part of your post - with PC gaming as big as it is now, how do you expect to convince that userbase to get a console now if they know they can just play the games on PC? With or without GP?

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
I think Zenimax games have a way broader userbase than the Xbox One had (which was a huge flop in Europe). Zenimax is popular in all of the west, not just the UK/US. I feel like making them exclusive could have a big impact on the European market. Countries like Germany/Netherlands generally favor Playstation consoles (with usually about a 80/20 split) despite Zenimax games being very popular there. They can certainly push a lot of European people into an Xbox console and/or a Gamepass sub (on PC/Xbox). I think in the Xbox 360 days most of Europe was relatively even when it came to consoles. The Xbox One screwed Europe up and I think the Xbox Series & Microsofts current strategy could really change that.

EU nations have had thriving PC gaming communities for forever. In fact, in most European countries, PC gaming is bigger than console. And like i've outlined, PC gaming is growing more than it ever has. Its easily the biggest its ever been. For a user in that territory, they were likely already PS/PC - this doesn't change that buying logic at all.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Forza Horizon is almost certainly the least niche racing game of all time (excluding kart racers), so it wasn't meant to be a dismissal of the series, but I definitely understand your comment, and it's quite possible that my understanding of the type of people who play racing games is outdated or just flat out incorrect.
I don't think your understanding is completely wrong, because most racing games with the exception of GT and Forza Horizon are struggling. I think the perception just isn't correct either, but I understand where this is coming from, because nobody talks about racing games and journalist would rather give the award to a 20% metacritic game than finally acknowledge racing games and put them into GotY nominees. Yes, I am salty GT and Forza don't get the journalism recognition those franchises deserve xD
Unless you have a crystal ball, absolutely no one could know this.
Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Netflix, Disney, HBO, and more know. Exclusive content matters.

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Take the last part of your post - with PC gaming as big as it is now, how do you expect to convince that userbase to get a console now if they know they can just play the games on PC? With or without GP?
It doesn't matter, because Gamepass is on PC. Microsoft knows as you rightly said how big PC gaming as become and they probably also know there are millions of consumers never switching from PC to console and vice versa. It's a different target audience, so they support steam on PC. With that they obviously sell tons of copies, but they also give Steam users a bait, so they end up subscribing to Gamepass on the device those consumers already own.

Convincing a PS and Switch user to join Gamepass is simply harder than convincing a Steam users due to PC. Think about it... With supporting Switch and PS, Xbox gives them a reason to not switch to PC/Xbox. Why would they do this when GP isn't on those consoles?

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
It doesn't matter, because Gwnepass is on PC. Microsoft knows as you rightly said how big PC gaming as become and they probably also know there are millions of consumers never switching from PC to console and vice versa. It's a different target audience, so they support steam on PC. With that they obviously sell tons of copies, but they also give Steam users a bait, so they end up subscribing to Gamepass on the device those consumers already own.

Convincing a PS and Switch user to join Gamepass is simply harder than convincing a Steam users due to PC. Think about it... With supporting Switch and PS, Xbox gives them a reason to not switch to PC/Xbox. Why would they do this when GP isn't on those consoles?

Because there is more than growing evidence those users now own or are intending to own a gaming PC. The subset of users who don't own a gaming PC, if growth rate continues as they are, will place them in the minority in a couple of years time.

And for the ones who don't, you have a solution for what is arguably the biggest gaming platform, bar none: mobile, via xCloud.

I don't think Steam users are all that easier to convince to switch services than Ps/Switch users.
The sales situations on games that were EGS exclusive that then released on Steam, or even the sales explosions when XGS titles finally did come to Steam, prove this.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I don't think Steam users are all that easier to convince to switch services than Ps/Switch users.
Why not? Steam users install a app and PS/Switch users need to purchase another console. There is a reason netflix and disney+ are on everything. Because it's easier to convince people to join, when they already own the device.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I have to assume a lot more Steam users have Game Pass than PS5/Switch only gamers....
It is not just app, it was already prove multiple times. Peopel are not going to leave steam, it is simple as that.
Why do people have to leave Steam? They can continue using Steam and also use Game Pass for a minimal amount of money.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
It is not just app, it was already prove multiple times. Peopel are not going to leave steam, it is simple as that.
Uhm, I am not talking about leaving steam. They can still use it, while subscribing to Gamepass for no additional cost. PS and Switch users, if they want a console experience have a additional cost.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Why not? Steam users install a app and PS/Switch users need to purchase another console. There is a reason netflix and disney+ are on everything. Because it's easier to convince people to join, when they already own the device.

That's all very logical reasoning, but I don't think it plays out that well off the paper.

Steam users are historically very committed to that storefront.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America

Steam has had 3 noteworthy massive competitors in the last decade, and the userbase didn't budge. Many of those competitors either shut their efforts down, or found a way to put their effort in-game and push it through Steam, rather than try to be another client. The entire situation between EGS and Steam should give some insight on how loyal the Steam userbase is to the ecosystem.

Uhm, I am not talking about leaving steam. They can still use it, while subscribing to Gamepass for no additional cost. PS and Switch users, if they want a console experience have a additional cost.
You would think not leaving Steam or just using another storefront would be an option, but the games that were held off of Steam for EGS seeing the sales explosions they did when they finally did release on Steam indicate that the users weren't budging. Heck, MS itself folded in competing with Steam and is putting out all their stuff day 1. MS already lost this fight!

Joopster

Jul 28, 2020
I mean, so far none of the competitors offered anything like Microsoft did. I dislike every launcher besides Steam. I do not even bother claiming the free EGS games or buy a game for a lower price on another store. But once you get games you actually want to play for a 10 euro sub instead of a 70 euro fee. It becomes to good to not make use of it. I actually started being ok with the Xbox app because it also has achievements and all that. Even bought a Series S to use as gamepass machine and I have actually been using it a lot for games that don't end up on PC gamepass. In short my point is that Xbox Gamepass has way more to offer than any other storefront on PC ever did and I have no doubt it will do better than EGS. I do however think they will need to improve the launcher but I am sure that will come in time.

Small Edit: I would like to add that I still buy my games on Steam when they are not on Gamepass. I still prefer Steam over the Xbox app. But I actually see it as a valid substitute and I definitely do not feel the same way about EGS or any other launcher/storefront.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
It's true they are weirdly loyal. Hence me not saying they leave Steam.

It isn't a question of leaving Steam. They just don't want to play on anything else.

To put it another way - MS has been releasing on Win10 day 1 for like, 4-5 years now at this point. It was until they started putting these same games on Steam that these titles saw tremendous user growth, and many of these are titles that were out on Win10 & on GP for years. Heck, the overwhelming majority of Steam users are on Win10! They legit had to just click the Xbox store in the Start button - they don't even need to install anything else, they don't even need to buy the games since they can just sub to GP, and the PC users are by and large STILL opting to just outright buy on Steam, no matter how long they have to wait for it. The userbase comparison between Steam & Win10 isn't even close.

Jan 20, 2019
I have to assume a lot more Steam users have Game Pass than PS5/Switch only gamers....

Why do people have to leave Steam? They can continue using Steam and also use Game Pass for a minimal amount of money.

You can see the sales of Microsoft games on steam in 2020, that basicaly answers your question.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
There are two things that need to change, which aren't really Microsoft's fault, when it comes to GamePass on PC.

Cross play, and play anywhere support.

Example being my friend got ARK and while I had it on GamePass, I couldn't play with them on Steam.

Second is not all titles, even if they're on GamePass on pc, cloud, console, will carry over saves. It requires Play Anywhere which is one license for both platforms. This may be something businesses don't want to support because they want to double dip, but it prevents me from picking up where I left off just on a different device.

Nov 8, 2017
They legit had to just click the Xbox store in the Start button - they don't even need to install anything else, they don't even need to buy the games since they can just sub to GP, and the PC users are by and large STILL opting to just outright buy on Steam, no matter how long they have to wait for it. The userbase comparison between Steam & Win10 isn't even close.

Getting games to install through the Win store and even through the new GP app has been a minefield of technical issues. To this day it's a disaster in terms of how likely it is to just fuck up and not download, download at ultra low speeds, be unable to free the disc space left after "deleting" them, and so on. There are so many people still experiencing these issues. I've encountered them numerous times, personally, and all my friends who game on PC and have dabbled with GP have too. My friend bought MCC on Steam after trying and failing to install it on GP, which he was subscribed to! He just couldn't cope with the shit anymore.

Even beyond that, there are other major problems with the Win 10 store games - protected files that you need to go through a major hastle to get access to, lack of modding support. For PC users it's a different friends list, a different achievements list and so on. The sheer amount of features Steam has compared to how utterly barebones Win 10 games were was night and day.

Then there was the concern (less so now, this was more back when the initiative launched) that Microsoft would just shut the platform down and you'd lose your games. Games For Windows Live's on-demand game shop shut down in 2013. The entirety of Games For Windows Live shut down in July 2014. The "Play Anywhere" initiative started in 2016, so this was all extremely fresh in everyone's memories. If you go back to the threads about Microsoft's PC efforts in 2015-2016, you will absolutely see people being wary about trusting Microsoft again after they just finished dumping PC gamers yet again.

The Epic Games Store has way less in terms of outright technical issues, but it's still feature barren compared to Steam. And pisses people off in other ways. But it's at least "somewhat successful" in terms of actually having users play on it, even if heaps are still holding out for Steam releases on EGS exclusives (myself included).

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
mean, so far none of the competitors offered anything like Microsoft did
Exactly.

SneakersSO I get where you are coming from, but as Joopster said GP offers something Epic and everyone else doesn't. Those stores compared to Steam are basically worse versions of Steam and offer the games for the same price, unless they are on sale. So there are not many reasons to use them. I know not every game was on Steam and obviously many waited until Steam gets a release. However I think GP is a offer with much better value than say FH4 for full price on the awful Xbox store (PC). So some perhaps are able to be convince over time and maybe Microsoft is working on GP on steam.
You can see the sales of Microsoft games on steam in 2020, that basicaly answers your question.
This doesn't answer anything, because we don't know how many steam users after playing XGS games on steam decided to subscribe to GP. We also don't know how many PS5 users will subscribe to GP after playing a potential Starfield on PS.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Exactly.

SneakersSO I get where you are coming from, but as Joopster said GP offers something Epic and everyone else doesn't. Those stores compared to Steam are basically worse versions of Steam and offer the games for the same price, unless they are on sale. So there are not many reasons to use them. I know not every game was on Steam and obviously many waited until Steam gets a release. However I think GP is a offer with much better value than say FH4 for full price on the awful Xbox store (PC). So some perhaps are able to be convince over time and maybe Microsoft is working on GP on steam.

I absolutely do believe MS is working on a version of GP for Steam. Valve isn't opposed to it either - see EA Access now being on Steam.

Sure, FH4 via GP is a better offer. But the overwhelming majority of PC users have demonstrated time & again that they are seemingly more than okay with waiting for the Steam release than just switching to the Xbox App on PC and playing it via GP there.

Jan 20, 2019
Exactly.

This doesn't answer anything, because we don't know how many steam users after playing XGS games on steam decided to subscribe to GP. We also don't know how many PS5 users will subscribe to GP after playing a potential Starfield on PS.

Look, we can stay were all night and we will arrive at nothing but a buch of what if..

What i can see, is that the moment Microsoft put their games on steam their games imedeatly become the best selling games, to me, that ansewers it all. Now, if you want to discuss Gamepass being on Steam, then that is a diferent situation.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I hope they explain more than just what this means for Gamepass users. I want the threads to be about the games in the future and not what platforms, they'll be on and other discussions.
Sure, FH4 via GP is a better offer. But the overwhelming majority of PC users have demonstrated time & again that they are seemingly more than okay with waiting for the Steam release than just switching to the Xbox App on PC and playing it via GP there
They have and I think some just aren't interested in GP to begin with. I could be wrong obviously, but I still think a PC user is easier to convince than a PS/Switch user, because she/he would either need to replace is console or buy another console. That doesn't mean everyone can be convinced or that it's literally easy to convince Steam users. As you said steam users are loyal.

nofuckinidea

Oct 25, 2017
This whole exclusivity discussion is crazy talk.

Look, I understand that MS can't talk about this topic, until the deal closes. But if they continue to be vague about Zenimax games being exclusive to Xbox or not, my head explodes.

They should make it crystal clear:

Games announced before the MS/Zemimax agreement (September 2020, Starfield & ES6) releasing day1 on Game Pass and one year later on other platforms. All other Bethesda games currently in development but not shown to the public yet will be exclusive to Xbox. Best compromise imo.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Idk man. Tbh, there's no reason for them to talk exclusivity until a game is actually coming out that merits it (is not Deathloop andGhostwire which they already talked about). That could be a year plus into the future.

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
Definitely think Xbox and Bethesda should combine events at E3.

Bethesda's events usually suck and Xbox events are hit or miss. If they take the good from Bethesda and combine with Xbox show, it would be a 8/10 (at least) show every time

driqe

Jan 21, 2021
Any chart predictions for the Forza steam launch tomorrow?

I think it will be #2, behind Valhiem.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Antagonizing Other Member, Platform Warring; History of the Same
So true..lol
In my opinion, the games should just remain multiplat with all games coming out on GP day one. Everyone wins.
There are times when we need to call out people.

This is a pretty good post. Thanks. It would be sick if Sony acquired SE or Capcom. I can't see it happening though since they are publicly traded companies and their prices would probably sky rocket due to bidding wars.

If acquiring a major publisher isn't done I'd love to see Sony take a few billion and pick up smaller companies like BluePoint, From Software, Remedy, Housemarque, and Bioware. Bungie would be great too.
Link.

Is this even possible?? How much would this cost Sony? Could they afford it?
Also, is there a law that prevents MS from buying Japanese companies such as Sega, Capcom, Konami, SquareEnix, etc?
Link.

I don't really like the idea of MS acquiring Sega, but at least it's not as disruptive as them buying some other Japanese publishers.
Link.

Should sony choose not to go big ang acquire a publisher, how many and what companies could they scoop up for around 3-4bil?

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Now they are doing separate E3's lol, yea this isnt going to go how Xbox fans are hoping smh

Status
Not open for further replies.