• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
Yea don't really care about that acquisition. Interested to see how much they sold for though

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
It is a little bit depressing that the Next-Gen of Gaming (trademark) is shorter loading times.

Sigh...

(and I say that as someone who's enjoying the quality of life improvements on all gaming software across Series X)

I'll be honest I prefer that to it being higher visual fidelity. I'm really getting tired of seeing loading time comparison videos, I've been tired of that since before November, but I'm excited about what the faster IO can do for games in general. Clouds are cool too.

Damn, who's MS going get to make Gears Pop 2 then?

Shift all staff at Ninja Theory and Obsidian to Gears Pop 2 immediately, must react.

Jul 10, 2020
I know Gears Pop 2 thing was a joke, but I remember Phil's interview with Gertsmann from E3 2018 where Phil basically says that Gears Pop was Rod's idea.

Also apparently the marketing strategy for Gears 5 was Rod's as well.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
There is some games that i really expect that can come one day and hoping they are coming soon.
life is strange 2, the first one was one gamepass or not ? I had a feeling there were a life a strange game on gamepass once.
The avenger, on gamepass they can revive the game maybe right ?
Sekiro , it's crazy that this game is still not on gamepass.
Kentucky route 0 , this is a perfect game for gamepass too.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Definitely some Outer Worlds stuff coming soon. I believe Take Two confirmed that the last DLC will be releasing in March. I'm sure the Series X update will be released then as well.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Any details on the next gen update for the outer worlds? I don't think i made it out of the first level...but of course I'll try it again with some visual updates.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
There is some games that i really expect that can come one day and hoping they are coming soon.
life is strange 2, the first one was one gamepass or not ? I had a feeling there were a life a strange game on gamepass once.
The avenger, on gamepass they can revive the game maybe right ?
Sekiro , it's crazy that this game is still not on gamepass.
Kentucky route 0 , this is a perfect game for gamepass too.
1. life is strange 2 was on gamepass, each chapter a month after release. idk about lis1 but before the storm was as well, maybe they could come back. would be cool.
2. marvel's avengers makes sense but sony has the marketing deals so i wouldnt be surprised if there is something in the contracts about timed exclusivity on play station's subscription services or something like that.
3. sekiro is published by activision, there hasn't been any activision games on the service i believe, and i don't think they will ever be
4. kentucky route zero was clearly my 2020 goty and should be on game pass so everyone could try such an amazing experience

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, The Outer Worlds' patch was announced quite a while ago. It's one of the patches I'm most looking forward to, as 60fps in first person games is a priority for me.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

Everyone was all in a tizzy. But in retrospect, this was a perfect GIF lol. Not exciting. But surprising and Pikachu!

Woah, is that Tay? I miss her tweets.
LOLL Oh Tay. It was a fun time. I miss murphybot - AI bot for recombination of pictures. Got some really good ones. Think I combined Shakira and Obama once. Turned out real good.

Dang MS Mesh concept is really cool. Should have some implications for VR and AR gaming?
Mm. Not immediately and maybe not in general. I see it more for unlocking collaboration opportunities in game dev. Being able to share files and play around with models while someone is talking. (Or maybe just looking at a whiteboard). But I don't think that replaces regular boring meetings with a shared word doc up (or google doc) nor does it replace basic sending files to one another.

But.. I do think there's potential for a cloud game that uses this tech too. The innovation of mesh today isn't necessarily any of the specific capabilities - all of which have already been demoed before, but the share scale of it. Tens of thousands of people could watch and participate with the same holograms at the same time. That does allow certain things to happen that couldn't otherwise. Say.. an underground pokemon battle league where the spectators bet on... ..... too far? mm..

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Platform warring, antagonizing other users. History of similar behavior
It's quite funny that there's none of that usual doom and gloom around this acquisition as there typically are when MS acquires something, I wonder why that is.
There was plenty of gloom-and-doom in the thread for the acquisition. I'd say at minimum 2/3 of the first page was gloom-and-doom.

At the end of the day, Steam fanboys are worse than any of the console fanboys. Mostly because they essentially run unopposed in the PC space, so the sense of entitlement is absolutely obscene. Think about it this way:

If an Xbox owner wants to play a Playstation exclusive game, they need to:
  1. Go out and buy a separate set of hardware for anywhere between $200-500
  2. Find physical space in their house and hook it up to their TV
  3. Maybe subscribe to PS+ for $35/year
  4. Navigate TV inputs and swap out physical controllers when they want to switch from Xbox games to Playstation games.
If a Steam user wants to play a game that's exclusive to the Epic Games Store, they have to:
  1. Pay $0 and spend ~5 minutes downloading and installing the Epic Games Store launcher and making an EGS profile.
  2. Click the EGS icon on their desktop when they want to switch from Steam to EGS
And still they bitch and moan so . . . damn . . . much when Epic acquires times exclusivity for PC games. It's unbelievable.

Last edited:

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine is almost how I envision the new Fable

j1HBY1J.jpg

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
It's quite funny that there's none of that usual doom and gloom around this acquisition as there typically are when MS acquires something, I wonder why that is.

The first comment in the thread is "worst timeline", and there are a bunch of people in the thread talking about how the game will be removed from Steam and get 15 dollar skins.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
There was plenty of gloom-and-doom in the thread for the acquisition. I'd say at minimum 2/3 of the first page was gloom-and-doom.

At the end of the day, Steam fanboys are worse than any of the console fanboys. Mostly because they essentially run unopposed in the PC space, so the sense of entitlement is absolutely obscene. Think about it this way:

4. Navigate TV inputs and swap out physical controllers when they want to switch from Xbox games to Playstation games.
If a Steam user wants to play a game that's exclusive to the Epic Games Store, they have to:
  1. Pay $0 and spend ~5 minutes downloading and installing the Epic Games Store launcher and making an EGS profile.
  2. Click the EGS icon on their desktop when they want to switch from Steam to EGS
And still they bitch and moan so . . . damn . . . much when Epic acquires times exclusivity for PC games. It's unbelievable.

If some games on Xbox/PS were only available on a third party store without your friend list and basic features like achievements, people would moan a LOT more.

PsyDec

Jun 3, 2019

This is a great comment. Steam / PC players were always very smug about exclusivity in consoles and (pruseably because many of the loud vocal ones had PS4's as well) would always be happy to parade the exclusivity banner around.

I find it beyond hilarious that these are the same guys who -despite it being for free- now incessantly bitch about exclusivity in PC. All they have to do is use a different launcher. All those times you peddled exclusivity for consoles owners who would have to spend 100's and then some, and you can't even handle a different launcher?

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
So I was wondering, how is it that MS systemwide Auto-HDR is sometimes better than developer implemented HDR support? In certain games, purpose built HDR is amazing (Doom Eternal, Gears 5), but for some, it can even be a downgrade, either for colors (Red Dead 2), or black levels (Cyberpunk). Ironically, the generic solution used for Auto-HDR, while not perfect, is so much better than these broken ones, and can even look native sometimes. Titanfall 2 for example looks fantastic with it. Wish there could be an option to disable in-game HDR and just use the system setting for these poor implementations, anyone else share this?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I'm not trying to console war here, but this thread about Yakuza 7's PS5 upgrade highlights why I love Smart Delivery so much in that it just works https://www.resetera.com/threads/so...4-ps5-seems-to-be-broken-update-fixed.386969/

There's no save transfer between PS4 and 5 (not even one way or one time like some PS4/5 games) and people were having issues accessing the free next gen update.
So far, I've never had to think about Smart Delivery when playing a game on Series X.

Now that I think about it, that is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.