• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
A lot of ps news which doesn't seem tied to any time table today... is there to counter message some other news ?
As much as I want a Xbox news drop, especially after the Starfield teases by insiders (my most anticipated game for sure it fit makes 2021), nah, that's definitely not the reason.

All you need to know on the timing of the interview is that they are sending out PSVR2 devkits this week. Same reason they randomly dropped PS5 and Dualsense.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean that's what phil has been saying. It's good that PlayStation is doing it though so the market doesn't die out
LOL @ the market dying out if PS stopped supporting VR. The market is small but slowly and surely growing and is supported by damn near all the Big Tech corporations with billions poured in it each year.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I think GWG being bad is a non-issue, because Game Pass exists. That's my perspective. I mean when I get to play Yakuza 0, Outer Wilds, Tell Me Why, Halo Reach, etc. on Game Pass, does it really bother me that GWG has lacklustre offerings? I haven't needed GWG to be good in a very long time. I'll also be able to play huge games like Starfield, Wolfenstein III, Avowed, Forza Horizon 5, Hellbalde 2, Halo Infinite, etc. via Game Pass.

That's my selfish perspective, and I understand there are users that are only Gold subscribers and that don't have Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil

W7fMpS3.jpg

CONFIRMED: XBOX FINALLY BOUGHT NINTENDO!!!

UnsungKing

Dec 31, 2019
I really hope Starfield is still on track for this year. Having a major Bethesda game release with a new Halo game is exactly the type of Xbox goodness we are looking for.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Do you want Facebook login with your new shiny Oculus for Xbox that bad?

An Xbox VR headset would have nothing to do with Oculus

All indicatiors are showing VR to be a niche currently and for the foreseeable future. Not Sonys PSVR has changed this, not a new friggin Half-Life, not Oculus Quest or Valve Index or what have you. I'm okay with Xbox being focused on Core experience instead of supporting every gimmick possible. They burned that bridge with forcing Kinect onto everyone with XBone.

Sony barely devotes their first party efforts to making VR games. A huge portion of the VR games on Playstation are third party games. I've never understood the 'distraction' argument.

You think negotiations with Valve for a possible port of Half Life Alyx would delay any first party game?

Classybro

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Ms announce like 30 exclusives this year? I know most of them were small title but dam it's almost March at this rate there are going to have to launch a game a week if they are going to keep that promise.

Also any word on a release window for Warhammer Darktide??

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Can I say though that it's weird to have a competitors console on your screen. He's clearly in on the joke and is tryin to mess with people. But I doubt he would ever have a PlayStation in the background, even as a joke.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
You think negotiations with Valve for a possible port of Half Life Alyx would delay any first party game?

Didn't want to sound too negative, just that I don't think that VR right now is a must-have investment. They can play the wait-game to either innovate themselves if they feel confident or just wait until the tech is mature and support and demand are there to make something.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I wonder when Sony will start fully embracing PC gaming. At some point Playstation will have to move away from a hardware-centric ecosystem to a service(/content) oriented ecosystem, but it seems they're not ready to commit just yet. Microsoft has a headstart in theory, but luckily for Sony the Xbox platform on PC is a disaster.
The timing of this post...

🤔

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
The hell is going on at Paradox and Techland? Particularly Techland, they make CDPR seem like a perfectly stable studio by comparison.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
VR is fucking stupid to do right now

when the tech reaches the point you can play games in your head that's VR not this weak shit
Maybe Microsoft should give up on Xbox until we get to 8K at 240Hz. Otherwise, what's the point, right?

I'm not even sure how you enjoy gaming with this mindset.

Then again, this is no doubt another case of someone rambling about a technology they've never even properly used.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
An Xbox VR headset would have nothing to do with Oculus

Sony barely devotes their first party efforts to making VR games. A huge portion of the VR games on Playstation are third party games. I've never understood the 'distraction' argument.

They partnered with Facebook before by including Xbox One controllers with every Oculus:

www.theverge.com

Oculus Rift will ship with an Xbox One controller thanks to Microsoft partnership

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

There is also the Mixer to Facebook Gaming transition last year:

news.xbox.com

Bringing More Players Into Our Gaming Vision - Xbox Wire

For us at Xbox, the player is at the center of the gaming experience, always. It’s our responsibility to make sure great games and related experiences go to meet players wherever they are. Our priority and focus is on the world-class content being made by our 15 Xbox Game Studios, the evolution...

I strongly believe an Xbox VR is them partnering with Facebook. Making a VR for Xbox only like PSVR is suicide for a non market leader console.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
VR is fucking stupid to do right now

when the tech reaches the point you can play games in your head that's VR not this weak shit
When my consciousness is inside of the game, that's VR!

Given X|S don't support it, XGS probably arent going to do anything VR focused. Getting some VR games for Gamepass pc would be good, though. And the odd game with support like Flight Sim and Tetris Effect too.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
Maybe Microsoft should give up on Xbox until we get to 8K at 240Hz. Otherwise, what's the point, right?

I'm not even sure how you enjoy gaming with this mindset.
I don't know how to respond to this. you're very much overreacting. look, I clearly have warped expectations of VR coming from sci-fi movies and media in general. what companies are doing with VR right now is some medieval stuff. things are gonna get better but this ain't it

btw I'm good with 1440p and 120 hz is really nice and wish that's the standard but I'll take 60 fps

Scarecrowe

Apr 9, 2020
LOL @ the market dying out if PS stopped supporting VR. The market is small but slowly and surely growing and is supported by damn near all the Big Tech corporations with billions poured in it each year.
What was the last AAA vr game before or after half life alex? If PS stopped vr support xbox would never likely support it

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
PS lineup is looking rather thing right now. Returnal, Ratchet and maybe Horizon from Sony 1st parties. Let's hope for some surprises from both Sony and MS! 🤞🏽
I am hopeful that we get 1-2 suprised for this year from each. But the pandemic is really messing with development and didn't Phil Spencer say the effect will be even more felt in 2021 as suppose to 2020?
Oh my god!!! 5 pictures, 3 Xbox controllers. We get the release window of Starfield on 5th March ;)

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I don't know how to respond to this. you're very much overreacting. look, I clearly have warped expectations of VR coming from sci-fi movies and media in general. what companies are doing with VR right now is some medieval stuff. things are gonna get better but this ain't it

btw I'm good with 1440p and 120 hz is really nice and wish that's the standard but I'll take 60 fps
Give VR a proper try then.

It's leagues more advanced than you think. You'll be the only person on planet earth waiting for a brain interface before becoming interested. No one needs that level of engagement to be happy with it. You only think you do as someone without proper VR experience.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What was the last AAA vr game before or after half life alex? I PS stopped vr support xbox would never likely support it
That's completely false. How are you coming to these incorrect conclusions. MS is among the numerous Big Tech corporations investing in AR/VR and continue to watch how the market evolves on Windows PC's, mobile, and console. Just because Xbox hasn't released a VR solution to the market doesn't mean they wouldn't if Sony stopped PS VR support. An Xbox VR solution is inevitable. The only question is When not If.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't care how crazy an assumption of what's in the background of Phil Spencer right now I am not ruling anything out

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Once again, I have to say that Microsoft's decision not to push VR for their next gen console is puzzling as hell.

Ah well.

As a somewhat obsessive VR fan (I have three headsets so far, and counting...) I'd obviously be excited to see what MS first party could do with VR (would die to see some Rare/Sea of Thieves experience) but equally... I don't think it's a gap in the market that they need to be part of.

The massive daddy in VR at the moment in the Oculus Quest. A standalone, wireless headset that doesn't need to be plugged into anything else. You don't need an Xbox (or a PC or a PlayStation) to experience top class VR anymore. It probably makes less sense than it ever has done to chase that market as a console maker.

If I was recommending VR to someone new to the hardware I 100% would be recommending they get a Quest and not buying more hardware than they need (in terms of also needing a games console or a PC or whatever).

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Microsoft is finally ramping up its first party efforts. I'm fine if they begin to support VR in some capacity, as in allowing head sets to be compatible. But i dont really want XGS diverting any resources whatsoever to making VR only games, screw that. Leave that stuff for when all of the first parties are firing on all cylinders.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
Give VR a proper try then.

It's leagues more advanced than you think. You'll be the only person on planet earth waiting for a brain interface before becoming interested. No one needs that level of engagement to be happy with it. You only think you do as someone without proper VR experience.
yeah maybe you're right and it's not as old tech as I think it is. still no interest right now since no one's put out anything I'm interested in and the support isn't that widespread. if I get a headset it has to have constant releases

Scarecrowe

Apr 9, 2020
That's completely false. How are you coming to these incorrect conclusions. MS is among the numerous Big Tech corporations investing in AR/VR and continue to watch how the market evolves on Windows PC's, mobile, and console. Just because Xbox hasn't released a VR solution to the market doesn't mean they wouldn't if Sony stopped PS VR support. An Xbox VR solution is inevitable. The only question is When not If.
I'm Willing to bet that box does not come out with a headset in this generation. Phil has said it multiple times there is no market for right now and if sony stopped it just says it won't be viable for long term support

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Wait... Interview ?

That mean something coming soon ? Maybe Bethesda Xbox wire ? Exclusivity Answers ?
The waiting is killing me :(
Microsoft is finally ramping up its first party efforts. I'm fine if they begin to support VR in some capacity, as in allowing head sets to be compatible. But i dont really want XGS diverting any resources whatsoever to making VR only games, screw that. Leave that stuff for when all of the first parties are firing on all cylinders.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.