• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
I have a One S and just did the 3 years of gold conversion trick 2 weeks ago. My God, I've always been a Sony guy, and I still do love my PS5, but I like the Microsoft ecosystem so much more!

I am streaming on my Tab S6 with ease, I have a laptop with a 1050ti, so I can play Crusader Kings 3 and OOTP 21, and I can obviously play the others on my Xbox. The saves sync so easily, everything is so much more cohesive than my Playstation. It just all works. Gamepass is unbelievable.

I managed to snag a Series S that is coming next week, but km considering canceling that and trying to get a Series X, it js just so damn hard to snag one right now and my One S is so slow lol.
This was very similar to me. My last Xbox was the 360, which I loved. I had stopped gaming for a while so I missed the PS4 and Xbox One launches. When it came time to grab a new console, I chose PS4 based on the fact that I couldn't live without MLB The Show, and everything I read about the Xbox One at the time was bad news. PS4 ended up being amazing, so I have no regrets in the way it worked out for me. And now, I also have a PS5 and I think it's definitely great. I'm playing through Ghost of Tsushima right now and it runs/looks so good on PS5.

Having said that, it took me a while to get a PS5. I was searching for a Series X for my nephew when preorders first started up, and I was able to snag 3 preorders. I cancelled one, one was for my nephew, and I figured what the heck...no luck getting a PS5 preorder because of the shit show that was, and I did absolutely love the OG Xbox and 360...screw it let's give the Series X a shot.

Fast forward to now, I absolutely love my Series X. Part of it might be the fact that I didn't have an Xbox One, so some of the games I've been playing are completely new to me. But I also did the 3 years of Gold to Gamepass trick, and bought a handful of other games myself as well. And I don't say this to knock the PS5, but I am just so much happier with my Series X than my PS5. I play my Series X every day for hours, whereas I fire up my PS5 only every few days.

I think everyone's case in this scenario might be different. And again I'm not trashing PS5 because I think it's awesome as well. The PS4 spawned some great franchises that I'm heavily invested in and can't wait for new iterations on PS5 of them.

But yea, I can't stop playing my Series X. I also love the Series controller over the Dual Sense. It just feels so much better in my hands.

As far as games, check out both Oris if you've never played them. Such an amazing franchise and I pray that someday we get a 3rd game. I've been playing the heck out of Gears 5 multiplayer, and having never played a Gears campaign, I started my journey a week ago by starting the campaign in Gears UE. I will play through 1-5. I also want to do the same thing with Halo. I think I played the Halo 2 campaign way back in the day, but don't remember a single thing about it. I have the Master Chief Collection downloaded and hope to run through every Halo campaign before Infinite comes out. I also bought/played through Hellblade recently. I never played it on PS4, and saw that Ninja Theory was now owned by MS so Hellblade 2 will be an Xbox game so I figured let's give this a shot. I HIGHLY recommend that game, especially if you have a headset to use while playing it. The game is amazing!

I'm not one who cares for cars or racing games, yet I can't stop playing Forza Horizon 4. I downloaded Streets of Rage 4 off Gamepass and absolutely loved it. Streets of Rage 1 and 2 were my jam when I was a kid, and 4 was just so fun to play through.

I could go on and on, but yea I am just so happy I jumped back into the Xbox ecosystem. Sure I'm playing Xbox One games, but a lot of them are optimized and look/run great on Series X. Paired with my LG CX, I'm I'm gaming heaven every time I turn this thing on. And the future of Xbox looks very bright. It's an amazing time to be an Xbox fan. Oh yea, my favorite sports franchise in MLB The Show is now on Xbox as well lol. Just can't praise Xbox enough for my experience thus far with my Series X and what I hope is to come in the future for Xbox.

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Who is he btw?
I have my Series X so I don't mind if the games are exclusive or not. But you have to remember that Microsoft let some important "exclusive" IPs like Minecraft, Cuphead and Ori on other platforms.
Cuphead and Ori are great games, but definitely not as important as TES for example. Minecraft is the biggest game out there, but it's also a game that was already released on the other consoles, before Microsoft purchased them. Wasn't cuphead a crowdfunding game?

One of the differences between TES and Minecraft is the fact that many million kids play Minecraft and they can't afford to pay 500$ as easily as the adult target audience of TES, Doom, ... . So their parents would probably not buy them a Xbox and they would need to find another game on their Switch/PS. As an adult you can make that decision yourself and can switch consoles.

Microsoft clearly saw that the phenomenon of the phenomenon aka Minecraft is bigger than everything and that they can make more money with merchandise, copies sold, ... , than pushing consoles sold. But I don't think any game of the Bethesda roster has the pull and success Minecraft has. Yes, there is Skyrim merchandise, but it's probably not even close to be as successful as Minecraft merchandise.

The reason Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are using exclusive games is to get you to subscribe to their services and to get you to spend money in their ecosystem. The best way to achieve this, is to get you to buy their console and therefore it need exclusives.

What does a consumer purchasing TES on PS5 do for Xbox?
  • MS gets revenue from the digital copy sold. Some of the money goes to Sony.
What's does a consumer purchasing TES on Xbox do for Xbox?
  • MS gets revenue from the digital copy sold. All of the money goes to Microsoft.
  • Someone owning a Xbox will spend money on XBL Gold.
  • A Xbox user will purchase third party games on Xbox and this means some of the revenue goes to MS.
  • One click/button press away from Gamepass. The ultimate goal for Xbox.
Is it absolutely impossible Bethesda games won't come to other plattforms? No. But it's highly unlikely, because Xbox gets more value per user, if they purchase the Xbox version. They get to draw especially Shooter and RPG fans in, because those genre will be one of the stables going forward, if those are Xbox exclusive. Furthermore they are able to better compete with the competition, which is coincidentally the exact reason they put forth to the EU discussing the deal. It's funny actually nobody talked about this fact yet, because Xbox ain't competing more with PS, if they put their games on PS. So they already showed their intent imo.

Btw As Perry said on the Kinda Funny xCast, you don't spend 7,5 billion to change virtually nothing.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Okay, everyone is making their "E3" predictions for Microsoft's summer event, so here go mine (trying to be realistic and assuming no surprise games show up):

- Gameplay demos of Halo Infinite and Starfield.

- In-game trailers (no demos, only trailers, but they show gameplay or in-game segments): Hellblade 2, Forza Motorsport, Wolfenstein 3, Arkane Austin's new IP, Avowed, Everwild, Crossfire X and MFS for console.

- Starfield launches fall 2021, Wolfenstein 3 and Arkane Austin's new IP launch in 2022 (no exact date given, only "2022"). Forza Motorsport launches in 2022 too, but no exact date is shared either. I can see Everwild being given a 2022 launch date, too, but I'm not so sure about that one. Sponger says Avowed is 2022 and I do trust him, but it might be delayed. Hellblade 2 could be a late 2022 game but I doubt it.

- General updates on Gears 5, Halo TMCC, Grounded and Sea of Thieves.

- Developer interview with Relic and World's Edge on Age of Empires 4, nothing too spectacular, but it's something, shows some short in-game segments.

- Developer interview with Undead Labs on State of Decay 3, nothing too deep or interesting, no gameplay.

- Game Pass segment: new games coming to the service and updates on the launch of xCloud on iOS and PC. Announcement of the Game Pass streaming stick and the Game Pass TV app Spencer has talked about recently. xCloud hardware being upgraded to Series X by the fall.

- Announcement of Forza Horizon 5. A trailer is shown that shows us the new location, but it's not very deep. No date given.

- Project MARA, Indiana Jones, Fable, Perfect Dark and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 don't show up (those appear at TGA 2021 or next year).

- Some second party and third party games are shown too (Bright Memory Infinite, Second Extinction, maybe The Ascent if it doesn't launch by the summer, etc.).

Bonus track: Microsoft announces Gears 6 and Compulsion's new IP at The Game Awards 2021.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Okay, everyone is making their "E3" predictions for Microsoft's summer event, so here go mine (trying to be realistic and assuming no surprise games show up):

- Gameplay demos of Halo Infinite and Starfield.

- In-game trailers (no demos, only trailers, but they show gameplay or in-game segments): Hellblade 2, Forza Motorsport, Wolfenstein 3, Arkane Austin's new IP, Avowed, Everwild, Crossfire X and MFS for console.

- Starfield launches fall 2021, Wolfenstein 3 and Arkane Austin's new IP launch in 2022 (no exact date given, only "2022"). Forza Motorsport launches in 2022 too, but no exact date is shared either. I can see Everwild being given a 2022 launch date, too, but I'm not so sure about that one. Sponger says Avowed is 2022 and I do trust him, but it might be delayed. Hellblade 2 could be a late 2022 game but I doubt it.

- General updates on Gears 5, Halo TMCC, Grounded and Sea of Thieves.

- Developer interview with Relic and World's Edge on Age of Empires 4, nothing too spectacular, but it's something, shows some short in-game segments.

- Developer interview with Undead Labs on State of Decay 3, nothing too deep or interesting, no gameplay.

- Game Pass segment: new games coming to the service and updates on the launch of xCloud on iOS and PC. Announcement of the Game Pass streaming stick and the Game Pass TV app Spencer has talked about recently. xCloud hardware being upgraded to Series X by the fall.

- Announcement of Forza Horizon 5. A trailer is shown that shows us the new location, but it's not very deep. No date given.

- Project MARA, Indiana Jones, Fable, Perfect Dark and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 don't show up (those appear at TGA 2021 or next year).

- Some second party and third party games are shown too (Bright Memory Infinite, Second Extinction, maybe The Ascent if it doesn't launch by the summer, etc.).

Bonus track: Microsoft announces Gears 6 and Compulsion's new IP at The Game Awards 2021.
I think you could be right on the money and that would be a good show imo. Realistic prediction overall and the only prediction I'd really change is the Forza Horizon prediction. If this isn't a 2021 game, then it probably won't be announced, because PG usually don't do this for Forza and FM is already announced. I could be wrong obviously, but I don't think Microsoft wants two Forza games without release date being out there.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really really excited to see more Forza Motorsport. It's been so long since FM7.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I'm really really excited to see more Forza Motorsport. It's been so long since FM7.
Thanks for giving me a excuse to post this comparison again.

FM7 vs FM

I still can't get over how much better the footage, albeit in-engine looks. The car detail is unlike anything we've seen before, too. I can't wait for the next Forza Motorsport, because the graphics will blow us away and their new focus on Motorsports sounds great. I think pCars is in many ways a better Motorsport title than both FM/GT due to the career, cars on track, ... . But it never had the production value and the car list.

Thanks. Does he has insider knowledge?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

FM7 vs FM

I still can't get over how much better the footage, albeit in-engine looks. The car detail is unlike anything we've seen before, too. I can't wait for the next Forza Motorsport, because the graphics will blow us away and their new focus on Motorsports sounds great. I think pCars is in many ways a better Motorsport title than both FM/GT due to the career, cars on track, ... . But it never had the production value and the car list.

I'm definitely not setting myself up expecting that, or the hellblade 2 trailer, really represents what the game will look like.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Has anyone in Canada been entering the Taco Bell contest for a Series X? I only found out about it last week and there's a week left.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ

FM7 vs FM

Thanks. Does he has insider knowledge?

I'm really excited to see their RT lighting and reflections in the game! They've been talking about dynamic lighting and GI and how it reacts to cars in the game. Imagining FH5 is working with them on stuff for their next game too can't wait

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Turn 10...the best studio Microsoft has? Bet that footage is tame compared to what they'll deliver. Full on ray traced lighting and weather at 60 frames. What can a studio that talented do with that much power. I also hope Dan starts giving us the simulation stats again when they reveal...I miss that stuff. I'd be very interested in learning what how much more they're able to do compared to the past.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Rewatched the halo infinite demo again. Have to say, it's really getting me excited. The gameplay specifically, across the board, looks transformative. I love the grappling hook and it's many implementations with traversal, combat, and the environment generally. My hope is that they'll add some puzzles too, but maybe I'm too optimistic.

I think the open world structure REALLY lends itself well to the halo universe, a universe that is probably the deepest of all known video game IP. Probably more than even Elder Scrolls or Fallout at this point. And I really don't think that's an exaggeration. There's been over 10 released Games at least IIRC. I can imagine audio and video diaries (terminals even) with HOPEFULLY some Easter eggs. 343 is much more corporate than old school bungie (as is present bungie) though so who knows.

I think the last part, the monologue, is probably a bit heavy handed but if you're a halo fan you're probably into it to some extent. I think if you're not a halofan it probably turns you off. I think I want to find a true Xbox fan to watch on stream. Most of my favorite Youtube groups are not Xbox fans. Would love to see a true fan of the platform react to Xbox news without mehh what's a halo jokes.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Is there a reason everyone anticipates 2021 for Starfield's release date? Did I miss something?

Adrifi

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Is there a reason everyone anticipates 2021 for Starfield's release date? Did I miss something?
The main reason is that the guy who keeps leaking screenshots of the game says it's launching in 2021. The emblem on the space suit seen in the screenshots was later in a t-shirt worn by a Bethesda employee in an online interview, so the screenshots seem to be real.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Wild seeing Bethesda added to the thread title 👀 equally wild hearing the starfield 2021 rumblings! Could make this holiday one of MS's strongest right? A Halo and the new Bethesda RPG coming out in the same quarter would be nuts

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Before covid, I figured they'd try to get Starfield out in Q4 2021, and TES VI out in Q4 2024 (the 30th anniversary of the series). But with covid, I have to think Starfield is probably going to be delayed a bit. I also don't think they'd release Halo and Starfield in the same quarter.

Bethesda released Skyrim on 11.11.11, right? Well, maybe Starfield is 2.22.22 😆

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Just to fuck with everyone, here comes my suggestion for next OT: xbox game studios & bethesda |OT| & Knuckles

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Before covid, I figured they'd try to get Starfield out in Q4 2021, and TES VI out in Q4 2024 (the 30th anniversary of the series). But with covid, I have to think Starfield is probably going to be delayed a bit. I also don't think they'd release Halo and Starfield in the same quarter.

I dont think starfield releases this year either but not because it wont be ready, because releasing infinite and starfield in the same holiday season would be overkill.

We dont know if wolfenstein 3, forza or other games are this year either (which for sure would mean second half for any of them outside of flight sim and psychonauts), but those games just escalstes things further in terms of starfield being kept in the vault for next year being an almost certaintity.

But what do I know, I could be completely wrong and MS go for the overkill depending on their stock situation, no way does it come out this year if they still have supply issues in the holidays.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I dont think starfield releases this year either but not because it wont be ready, because releasing infinite and starfield in the same holiday season would be overkill.
I don't think Halo, Starfield and FH5 would be over kill, because having three great games for holiday is good and the competition isn't sleeping. If you think about what Sony at least could provide in 2021, then that's a massive lineup. Sure, I'd rather have those Xbox games more spread out in 2021, but neither of the three seem to be ready before or in summer.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017

We dont know if wolfenstein 3, forza or other games are this year either (which for sure would mean second half for any of them outside of flight sim and psychonauts), but those games just escalstes things further in terms of starfield being kept in the vault for next year being an almost certaintity.

But what do I know, I could be completely wrong and MS go for the overkill depending on their stock situation, no way does it come out this year if they still have supply issues in the holidays.
The games will be released when they are ready.

Delaying games just because it would be "overkill" would be the dumbest decision they could ever make.

realricochet

Apr 30, 2019
Mexico
I don't think Halo, Starfield and FH5 would be over kill, because having three great games for holiday is good and the competition isn't sleeping. If you think about what Sony at least could provide in 2021, then that's a massive lineup. Sure, I'd rather have those Xbox games more spread out in 2021, but neither of the three seem to be ready before or in summer.
An RPG, a shooter, a racing game and an adventure / platform game. A sick lineup.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
The games will be released when they are ready.

Delaying games just because it would be "overkill" would be the dumbest decision they could ever make.
I agree with releasing when they are ready but it is the way these things can go, especially if stock is still an issue (meaning even for the cloud it would be impossible to have starfield there as a Series game), it is easy to justify games needing a delay for polishing or bug squashing if that is what you really want anyway, especially for BGS, we dont like it but nothing you can do about it.

Ask me and the second half is forza, wolf 3, starfield and halo, but how realistic is that?

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London

21/12/21, leggo. Soundtrack by Rush.

Just to fuck with everyone, here comes my suggestion for next OT: xbox game studios & bethesda |OT| & Knuckles

Oh no.

I never played a Doom game before (i'm too young lol) but i'm in love with Doom Eternal. So crazy and brutal. Doom 3 when.

Fifteen years ago :p

driqe

Jan 21, 2021
Source: "Just trust me, bro"

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak..._details_about_compulsion_games_next_project/

The game will be revealed at the next Xbox Games Showcase. It's a CGI trailer that cuts into gameplay

(Lost Odyssey for reference.)

Previous post

I can also confirm that Inxile will not be present at the showcase and The Coalition has a new IP in pre-prod. The next iteration of Gears will be called "Gears". The plan is to update the game regularly while the studio venture into its original IP.

I will continue to provide updates as soon I get the green light.

As for how I get this info, my employer gets contracted regularly to do outsource work for various XGS, alongside the few faces I know within these studios.

Edit: it got removed lol

Last edited:

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
If Sony can release The Last of Us II and Ghost of Tsushima a month apart, Microsoft can release both Starfield and Halo Infinite in Q4. When talking about the Halo delay, Phil Spencer said that holiday 2021 is more important than 2020 in a lot of ways. They sold out at launch even without a big hitter, but as we get to the end of this year and supply catches up with demand somewhat, attracting people with the big hitters is much more important.

I'm also not of the camp that Horizon 5 is not coming any time soon. I can't see them announcing Forza Motorsport first, then dropping Horizon on us out of no where. I think Horizon 5 will come a year or so after Motorsport. I think Horizon 4 going to Steam is an indication that they're going to continue to support and build a base on that game for a little while longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.