• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
I think you forgot to mention MachineGames is working on Indiana Jones game! Unless I'm mistaken?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the OT title was good I wonder who didn't like it

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope this whole thing starts to materialize soon and we get some details on what the future is gonna look like. Excited!

Plus, Halo Infinite this year and it's looking like that extra time is going to pay off in a big way.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I was silently pulling for Todd's Booty and the Temple... Well anyway. We killed it early, but I'm not mad.

Thanks yo :D Bring on the.. whatever happens during this OT.. lol

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Ori 2. To preface, I thought Ori 1 was just okay. Controls were quite poor and the level (level, not environment) design was very dull. I'd give it a 6/10.

Ori 2 was a monumental improvement in almost every category. Gameplay in Ori 2 is far superior, and the level design is also a big improvement with far more variety and interest. Taking inspiration from Hollow Knight for upgrades and NPCs was an excellent idea. Graphics are obviously beautiful but the music was the true star of the show (holy shit it was good!). The chase sequences sucked but that is really my only major gripe with it. I'd give this a 9/10, and it was the second best game I played of 2020. In fact, I'd say it's pretty easily the best XBox studio game ever made (I am biased in favor of single player games though).

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very eager for news on the acquistion, but I wonder in maybe Xbox will do two "E3" style events this year: Xbox Game Studio show and #BE3? I also wonder what will happen with Quakecon.
I think they should get rid of the Bethesda showcase, they were almost always a waste of time with one or sometimes two exciting bits of news per year. Put those in the main XBox conference so that you can have a true showing of all killer no filler.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this OT title was primed and ready to go a month ago! I'd forgotten about the Indy thing...

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Nice new OT!

I gotta say that the list of FPS boosted games is terribly disappointing. My low expectations weren't even met.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
God damn look at those studios. Xbox has become a gargantuan over the last 4 years.

Incredible generation incoming.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
4abbd7d986a3857ef2078703070b1672.gif

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Crossposting myself from the BC thread

The best news is knowing that more games with FPS Boost are coming in the next weeks, knowing that this still isn't the resolution upgrade teased with Gears of War Ultimate Edition (which might be applied in conjuction with the FPS Boost?).

And also knowing that the BC team is already releasing system level enhancements just three months after the console launch makes me even more excited for what the future will bring for Xbox.

My backlog becomes and more attractive as time pases by.

Just please, Microsoft if you can, add more digital Xbox360 and Original Xbox titles to the Argentina Store... still can't buy The Darkness, The Darkness II, or even Spec Ops The Line.

As usual, nice OT Figments

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I have Watch Dogs 2 sitting in my backlog. This makes me more likely to load it up to be honest. Awesome BC updates as always.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Holy hell, time for a new thread.
Here's hoping this one is where we finally see gameplay from some of the big games.

Great title too, although I'd have replaced one word. "Todd Howard and the vault of Doom".

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Good news re FPS. I wonder if they could do this with current gen stuff so they get a frame rate boost with littlr/no programming muscle needed by devs.

As an aside, watching Nintendo Direct, it boggles the mind why people like this format so much. I hate it.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
Just finished Ori 2. To preface, I thought Ori 1 was just okay. Controls were quite poor and the level (level, not environment) design was very dull. I'd give it a 6/10.

Ori 2 was a monumental improvement in almost every category. Gameplay in Ori 2 is far superior, and the level design is also a big improvement with far more variety and interest. Taking inspiration from Hollow Knight for upgrades and NPCs was an excellent idea. Graphics are obviously beautiful but the music was the true star of the show (holy shit it was good!). The chase sequences sucked but that is really my only major gripe with it. I'd give this a 9/10, and it was the second best game I played of 2020. In fact, I'd say it's pretty easily the best XBox studio game ever made (I am biased in favor of single player games though).
Almost in the same boat as you, as I finished the Blind Forest a few weeks ago and Will of the Wisps last night. And while I do agree that Will of the Wisps is superior, I absolutely loved both games. The Blind Forest definitely feels like a smaller game in scale, it didn't take me too long to get 100% on my file, maybe 11-12 hours? I'm at around 15 hours with Will of the Wisps, but my file says I'm only 55% done with everything. I'm definitely going to keep firing this game up to pluck away at getting that 100%, I just love the gameplay in these games. The story in both games is great as well. Hoping like crazy that we get a 3rd Ori game some day.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Good news re FPS. I wonder if they could do this with current gen stuff so they get a frame rate boost with littlr/no programming muscle needed by devs.

As an aside, watching Nintendo Direct, it boggles the mind why people like this format so much. I hate it.
I don't like the Direct approach either but it's really popular. I'd rather have one or two big events every year and that be it (although as of late Nintendo Directs have been very few).

Levitates

Apr 9, 2020
Brazil
The Coalition could make a Gears Collection (a project aside Gears 6) and release it in 2022/2023. This would please all the Gears folk and give them more time to work on Gears 6, which could release in 2026.

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021

I loved both games, though Will of the Wisps is a clear step up. But one thing I did prefer about Blind Forest was the ability to create your own save / spawn point.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
The Coalition could make a Gears Collection (a project aside Gears 6) and release it in 2022/2023. This would please all the Gears folk and give them more time to work on Gears 6, which could release in 2026.

I don't know about pleasing all the Gears folks. I wouldn't be interested in a Gears collection, they're already all playable on Series X and many fans want a new multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.