• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
If I already have this from the previous Insiders offer of this, how do I extend it for the $1 per month? I have some credit I'd like to use for that. Do I have to cancel, add Gold months, and sign back up for it? It's kind of confusing for my situation.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
When I saw that this is giving me PC AND Xbox games along with gold... I couldn't resist. I topped up to 3 years from now and switched over. Shows up on my account now, so i'm really excited!

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK, I just signed up for game pass ultimate for £1, and turned off auto renew. But as I already had gold to next year, it appears to have added itself to that. And I now appear to have GamePass all the way to next year for £1? I got about 7 months game pass for £1. Anyone else have that happen? lol

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK, I just signed up for game pass ultimate for £1, and turned off auto renew. But as I already had gold to next year, it appears to have added itself to that. And I now appear to have GamePass all the way to next year for £1? I got about 7 months game pass for £1. Anyone else have that happen? lol
It's normal, it's what everyone is happy about here lol (it converts your existing Gold into Ultimate)

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Had Game Pass that expired Jan 1st 2020, now I got Ultimate that expires Jan 31st. I dig it, basically free gold. lol

I'll probably regret not getting some Gold before I did it to really take advantage.. but oh well.

Last edited:

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After I have subbed for GP Ultimate.
I redeemed a trial code and 14-days Gamepass turned into 9 days Ultimate.
Yeah, that's "normal" in that once you're enrolled into Ultimate, they actually convert months at a money ratio.
The actually great deal happens when you first enroll, as it uses an indiscriminate conversion rate.

I feel like we should make an explicit step-by-step / FAQ so people don't miss on this if they're interested in it.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
And just like that, CDKeys won't let me get my 2 years I just bought to get in on this.
Classic. Hope this doesn't run out.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just realised I had another three month Game Pass code I got for half price which I've now used to top myself up even longer. I'm good till the beginning of 2021 now lol. Microsoft must be taking some hefty losses on all this.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's "normal" in that once you're enrolled into Ultimate, they actually convert months at a money ratio.
The actually great deal happens when you first enroll, as it uses an indiscriminate conversion rate.

I feel like we should make an explicit step-by-step / FAQ so people don't miss on this if they're interested in it.
If someone writes one we can add it to threadmark.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I have:
XBL until 02/2020
GP until 02/2020

Is it better to try to find a cheap 12 mo XBL card and then convert or just convert now?

EDIT: From what I'm reading since the ratio seems to be better during conversion you want to get as close to the max 36 months as possible to get the most of this deal.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
It was discussed in the Dashboard beta thread, but, now that there's tons of people doing this, can anyone confirm/deny that the Xbox Live membership year badge doesn't get reset when converting? I do not want to lose that badge, as superficial as that sounds; I've been a Live member since Beta eons ago and I'm rather attached to it.

2019-05-1412_11_43-djqjkjz.png

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
It was discussed in the Dashboard beta thread, but, now that there's tons of people doing this, can anyone confirm/deny that the Xbox Live membership year badge doesn't get reset when converting? I do not want to lose that badge, as superficial as that sounds; I've been a Live member since Beta eons ago and I'm rather attached to it.

2019-05-1412_11_43-djqjkjz.png
I still have my 16 year badge mate

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I have:
XBL until 02/2020
GP until 02/2020

Is it better to try to find a cheap 12 mo XBL card and then convert or just convert now?

EDIT: From what I'm reading since the ratio seems to be better during conversion you want to get as close to the max 36 months as possible to get the most of this deal.

According to the FAQ here, I think you would basically get 1 year of Ultimate because it adds the two subscriptions together

EDIT: Yeah, if you want to get the most "bang for your buck" and know you'll use this for a long time. Then you want to get as close to June 2022 as possible. That's what I did by buying an extra year of basic xbox gold and then converting it to Ultimate.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Just realised I had another three month Game Pass code I got for half price which I've now used to top myself up even longer. I'm good till the beginning of 2021 now lol. Microsoft must be taking some hefty losses on all this.
You have to realize that only most of the hardcore are doing this. Its basically free advertisement. Casuals won't figure that kinda stuff out.

They basically just want more people on GamePass for as long as possible to spread the image that its popular/successful, thus getting more people to talk about it/sub.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
it seems I only got it for a month? how do i stack it now? should I cancel get a refund and try again?

Link25ca

Oct 25, 2017
Amazed this works but I'm set to with Ultimate until Sept 2020. Thanks very much OP.

Remember to turn off recurring payments if you don't want to be surprised when the deal finishes.

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
So I used some reward points to push my Gold sub further so I could add on top of what I had and now after $1.00 I'm good into 2022 with Ultimate. Hell of a deal. Especially considering I've been using rewards points for Gold and those $1.00 promotions with Game Pass for a while. It's like I haven't had to pay for either in a while and it's getting better. Amazing stuff.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Set until November 2020. What a deal for 40€ (price of 12 month gold sub I just bought). Let's see how many games I actually play, lol.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I have Ultimate already. If i now add like for example 3 months of regular gamepass what happens then?

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
So my Gold expires on 10/2019 and Gold Pass expires on 3/2020 so would this be worth it?

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Warning for those looking to CDKeys to get a 12 month XBL sub before converting, they just added this:
"bestseller! Demand exceeds supply!We are replenishing our stock,We will send the keys to your email within 48 hours from your reservation."

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You have to realize that only most of the hardcore are doing this. Its basically free advertisement. Casuals won't figure that kinda stuff out.

They basically just want more people on GamePass for as long as possible to spread the image that its popular/successful, thus getting more people to talk about it/sub.

I have to imagine that a fair few people go for the $1 for a month offers like this, and if they're someone who like me already had other subs, the fact that it automatically changes all your entire subs to GP Ultimate (even if you only had XBL Gold) is something that I'd guess even non hardcore players may have been fortunate enough to get in on. The HotUKDeals link on the deal has a thousand heat too.