• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Nope 4 months. Got a message before it added the 12 month gold sub saying it would convert to 4 months. Paid 36 quid for the sub as well so feel a tad ripped off tbh.
That doesn't make sense if people are getting 2 months from a 3 month code and 20 days from a 1 month code.

I'd maybe consider complaining.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I didn't do a year of live beforehand (didn't wanna plop that down), but I had existing subs and it gave me 3 MONTHS extra Game Pass Ultimate

Like it will stack existing subs so if you had Game Pass + Xbox Live Gold, it gives you double

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Okay, so I finally found it (here in Canadian site). I am curious what do first to ensure I do it right. Again, I have around over 2 months of GP atm. Should I:

1) Sub to Ultimate now and then redeem my 12 mo Live code or
2) Redeem my 12 mo Live code now and then sign up for Ultimate

Or does it even make a difference?

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I finally found it (here in Canadian site). I am curious what do first to ensure I do it right. Again, I have around over 2 months of GP atm. Should I:

1) Sub to Ultimate now and then use redeem my 12 mo Live code or

Edit: 2)

12 mo code when you're on Ultimate gives you 4 months Ultimate, as per comments in the thread suggested.

Last edited:

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

1) Sub to Ultimate now and then redeem my 12 mo Live code or

If you want the most time for least money you will just sub for 3 years of XBL Gold then convert. But use w/e codes you have b4 you convert. Exchange rate once you have GPU isn't 1:1

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So you have to redeem X months of Xbox Live Gold (or Game Pass) to your account, and then the Game Pass Ultimate offer, for that to be applied for X months?
Now I have to do maths to see if that's actually a discount if you're only on PC.
Game Pass is normally 99kr/month. 12 months Gold is 38kr/month on Cdkeys. So yes.
PC and Xbox game pass will seemingly have different games. So Metro might not be for Xbox GP. It's why they are separate subs (with Ultimate connecting them into one).
Although perhaps it's better to wait and see how this all turns out first.
38kr/month would be (slightly) less than €3.99, but I'd prefer more control over when the subscription is active, so there's less potential for waste if/when there's no games I'm interested in.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, okay thank you.

domthybomb It looks like I have 24 mo of Gold's worth of redeemable keys. Given you said 3 years in the earlier post, I am wondering how it would pan out with one year less.
You have over 2 months of GP atm, then you add 24 months of gold, you might be prompted to turn on auto-renew and have a chance to get an extra 1-2 months. If you do turn it on, turn it off b4 using the 2nd code. Then the GPU 1 month will also add on. So you will end up with 27-29 months out of a max 36 that can be had.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Was able to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate until January of 2022, was hoping to get the full 36 months but I'll take it, it's close enough.

hfXjx7W.png

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
i add 12 month now and it will expire in June next year if i get the Ultimate (will i get only 4 month??)
Have you got ultimate yet? If not add all your subs first and it should combine them when you upgrade to ultimate. If you've already got ultimate DO NOT buy a 12 month sub. If you can buy multiple 1 month subs for cheap sounds like the best plan (assuming that works). There is a limit on the amount you can add. 3 years I think? So don't buy more than 3 years worth of gp or live when added up.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
You have over 2 months of GP atm, then you add 24 months of gold, you might be prompted to turn on auto-renew and have a chance to get an extra 1-2 months. Then the GPU 1 month will also add on. So you will end up with 27-29 months out of a max 36 that can be had.

Most interesting. Thank you.

I will wait until the press conf for MS is over today to see if they shadow drop some other feature to add to GPU or GP or Gold.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Afraid to add this because I don't have XB Gold at the moment and only have six months of game pass. For one dollar I'd have Xbox live which is really good but I don't feel I am maximizing this value.

IS this a one time conversion or can you add Xbox gold subscriptions in the future and have it tacked on to this? Afraid it won't be the case here.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Have you got ultimate yet? If not add all your subs first and it should combine them when you upgrade to ultimate. If you've already got ultimate DO NOT buy a 12 month sub. If you can buy multiple 1 month subs for cheap sounds like the best plan (assuming that works). There is a limit on the amount you can add. 3 years I think? So don't buy more than 3 years worth of gp or live when added up.
No i don't have the ultimate yet...

i planing in having a another 12 month before sub to ultimate....

so what i understand from you is IF my gold expire in June 2020 and sub to ultimate my sub will end in July 2020 right?

GronkyKong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Afraid to add this because I don't have XB Gold at the moment and only have six months of game pass. For one dollar I'd have Xbox live which is really good but I don't feel I am maximizing this value.

IS this a one time conversion or can you add Xbox gold subscriptions in the future and have it tacked on to this? Afraid it won't be the case here.
At the minute you can add gold after the fact but not a 1:1 conversion like if you have it already added.

Conversion posted earlier in the thread here:

The conversation seems to be:
1 month gold > 20 days Ultimate. (3:2)
3 months > 2 months. (3:2)
12 months > 4 months. (3:1)

If you work out the cost, 1 & 3 months appears to be the most profitable choice.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017

Supposedly if you add a 3 month game pass sub for example you'll get 2 months of Xbox game pass ultimate. So I guess adding 1 year of Xbox Live Gold might equal 4 months of ultimate. Just read it somewhere, haven't confirmed it myself though.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018

You can add and you can also let your Ultimate subscription run out and sub to normal Gold and Game Pass again.

Deleted member 55311

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 26, 2019
Open the Xbox Insider Hub app on your Xbox One and go to Insider Content. You should see the option to join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I joined and I am now subbed until 3/13/2020 for $1 a month.

xERnLpC.png

Damn... The PC version of the App isn't showing the deal and I haven't had an XO in years...

Edit: I was able to get it the other way by going to the Microsoft Store app and searching for Game Pass. For whatever reason I can't see the deal in a browser.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
At the minute you can add gold after the fact but not a 1:1 conversion like if you have it already added.

Conversion posted earlier in the thread here:
Thank you for the reply. Think I'm going to hold off on this until last minute while fishing for as good of a gold or gamepass deals as possible so take advantage of that 1.1 conversion.

Hopefully a deadline date is announced at the conference today.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
No i don't have the ultimate yet...

i planing in having a another 12 month before sub to ultimate....

so what i understand from you is IF my gold expire in June 2020 and sub to ultimate my sub will end in July 2020 right?
If your sub ends in June 2020 and you add another year of gold or gamepass then it will combine to June 2021 from what I understand. What is your sub for that lasts until 2020? Gold or gamepass? If you go into your settings it will say when your subs run out.

Oct 25, 2017
Was actually out of gold, bought two years from cdkeys and now with the 3 months for 1 dollar I got last month. I'm good until 11/21

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
If your sub ends in June 2020 and you add another year of gold or gamepass then it will combine to June 2021 from what I understand. What is your sub for that lasts until 2020? Gold or gamepass? If you go into your settings it will say when your subs run out.
atm i have 12 month Gold and only one month of Pass

this my current Sub
156008519151011.jpg

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Good until 2021 for 1 dollar.

Well I guess I can put that money saved towards something else like a gold monocle.