• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Check threadmark. Someone added a 1-month/28 day code Xbox Live Gold and it gave them 20 extra days of ultimate
oh nice. Is this time limited or will this continue for as long as you have an ultimate now? will gold and gamepass codes just become ultimate codes? could be a good way of getting cheap top ups as gold is usually on sale somewhere.

Last edited:

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
For those who have upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate, if you check your subscriptions in Settings on your Xbox, do you see a little exclamation mark / warning icon next to the subscription?

It's showing on mine (which doesn't expire until 2022), and a quick search suggests that shows up "if your payment method will expire before renewal". Since my payment method is PayPal, that shouldn't be the case.

It's probably nothing, my Game Pass and Game Pass PC downloads still work. Just curious if anyone else is seeing this.

oh nice. Is his time limited or will this continue for as long as you have an ultimate now? will gold and gamepass codes just become ultimate codes? could be a good way of getting cheap top ups as gold is usually on sale somewhere.
Seems they all become Game Pass Ultimate codes, but at a reduced ratio (the 28 day code gave 20 days of Game Pass Ultimate). Still good though if that ratio stays the same, considering the added benefits.

Hitcher

Dec 23, 2018
For those who have upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate, if you check your subscriptions in Settings on your Xbox, do you see a little exclamation mark / warning icon next to the subscription?

It's showing on mine (which doesn't expire until 2022), and a quick search suggests that shows up "if your payment method will expire before renewal". Since my payment method is PayPal, that shouldn't be the case.

It's probably nothing, my Game Pass and Game Pass PC downloads still work. Just curious if anyone else is seeing this.

Seems they all become Game Pass Ultimate codes, but at a reduced ratio (the 28 day code gave 20 days of Game Pass Ultimate). Still good though if that ratio stays the same, considering the added benefits.
They show for me because I turned off auto-renewal.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone with no subscription running, if I understand correctly, the best way to go is :
1. Reup for XBL gold for the number of game pass ultimate months I want
2. Get that 1€/$1 game pass ultimate first month from the store
3. Migrating to 2 will convert all the remaining months from XBLG into Game Pass Ultimate months at a 1:1 ratio

Is that correct ?

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Oh it also works in germany now.
Im thinking about buying a 12 month gold membership before converting, problem is there is no sale currently so I would need to pay 60€ for it.

Would it be worth it or should I wait for a sale and convert it afterwards ? I fear that I will miss out on the 1:1 conversion

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone tried adding 12 months of Gold on top of Ultimate yet? I was being a dummy and didn't add more Gold before conversion.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone with no subscription running, if I understand correctly, the best way to go is :
1. Reup for XBL gold for the number of game pass ultimate months I want
2. Get that 1€/$1 game pass ultimate first month from the store
3. Migrating to 2 will convert all the remaining months from XBLG into Game Pass Ultimate months at a 1:1 ratio

Is that correct ?
Yup, best is to get 3 years of gold then the $1 Ultimate.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
If i already have only 14 month of gold , i bought only $1 , what will happened?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh it also works in germany now.
Im thinking about buying a 12 month gold membership before converting, problem is there is no sale currently so I would need to pay 60€ for it.

Would it be worth it or should I wait for a sale and convert it afterwards ? I fear that I will miss out on the 1:1 conversion
Looking around, I see card sellers like cdkeys sell 12 months for 42€.

Yup, best is to get 3 years of gold then the $1 Ultimate.
Thanks !
I guess the biggest "issue" in this scenario is that you're committing to three years, but at the price of roughly two new games, that's pretty good.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Looking around, I see card sellers like cdkeys sell 12 months for 42€.

Thanks !
I guess the biggest "issue" in this scenario is that you're committing to three years, but at the price of roughly two new games, that's pretty good.
Yeah I dont buy from any sellers anymore after I was banned because of marketplace theft. I dont want to risk my whole account over 20 bucks. Usually I wait for a sale and buy then.
So I just couldnt wait and bought 2 * 6 months on amazon (to get 2 extra months from ms) and now Im set till june 2022. Insane value

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
If i have only Pass for 3 Month....and then Sub with the Ultimate Did i get also 3 Month of Gold??

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
You can switch back to normal separate subs after ultimate expires. There's no catch.
no evidence of this and it says otherwise ..

According to Windows Central you can go back to a separate sub.
That's just cancelling the auto renewal in the same way you'd cancel Xbox live, game pass or ea access. It doesn't remove you from ultimate enrollment.
I believe they are talking about the conversion of live/Game Pass time remaining when you switch to Ultimate. Once you've converted the remaining months you can't go back to your old time remaining on separate Live/Game Pass.
Pretty sure it's not that because that makes no sense at all. Why wouldn't they let you separate it again if that was the case?

12 months ultimate or 12 months game pass and gold is just the same thing. There'd be no reason not to allow that to happen

Or a better question would be - why would anyone want to revert 12 months ultimate to 12 months gold and game pass? There is absolutely no point to that and is a potahto potayto situation. Not to mention there are 10 million better ways to write that.

It literally says that if you convert to ultimate all future singular gold and game pass subscriptions will be turned into ultimate at a ratio. Then says the conversion to ultimate is final. That's as clear as day and the other explanations are just assuming and adding words where there are none and I suspect there's gonna be a lot of rage on here when people's time runs out and they can't subscribe to gold only any more

The fact Ms are seemingly giving out potentially 3 years worth of free game pass or gold should raise eyebrows... One month maybe two months? Sure. But up to 3 years with absolutely no catches? Ms isn't that charitable.

It's a good deal for people that plan to buy ultimate but for people that only intend to have one or the other this just seems like a tricky way into forcing them to subscribe to both and pay the extra money.

Ms offers a free month of game pass or gold - the catch? Auto renewal is turned on automatically to trick people into paying monthly

Ms offers up to 3 years free gold or game pass - the catch? None at all, apparently

Surely you can't be buying this.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
So I just redeemed all the three-month Game Pass codes I've been getting from Microsoft Rewards and cashed in my points for one more before doing this, so I now have eleven months of GP Ultimate. Not bad for a dollar.

I wonder what happens to those three-month regular Game Pass codes from Microsoft Rewards now, though. Maybe they'll add Game Pass Ultimate codes to the Microsoft Rewards store?

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
I only have to type "u" in the Xbox store for it to show up now.

A tip for those who are adding XBL Gold to your account before doing this. Turn off auto-renewal first, then add your code and you get the option to activate auto-renewal to get another free month. If you have multiple codes, turn of the auto-renewal between each one. I just added 2 x 12 months and got 26 months because of that offer. I did it on the Windows 10 Store. It might matter, I don't know.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Is normal Game Pass not on sale?
My sub is running out in 5 days. I would love to sub to normal Game Pass for 1 month, get 1 extra for auto renewal and then switch to Ultimate for 1€
That would be 2 months extra.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So I just tried another month gold I get this message:

Redeeming your Prepaid Xbox Live Gold 1-Month code will automatically convert to 20 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and will be added to your current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate account. By redeeming this code, you agree to this conversion. All conversions are final; ratio subject to change. See xbox.com/gamepass If you choose not to redeem at this time, you can keep your code and redeem it prior to its expiry date, if any.

After doing this if I go to change my plan (to pay quarterly for example), I can see that my next payment date has moved forward. I'm doing everyone via the MS account site. It looks like while you convert it, it doesnt do a full swap (so a 28 day gold card = 20 days GPU). Still good.

I topped up a 3 month Xbox Live gold card and it converted to 2 months Xbox Live Ultimate.

XtUvNCX.jpg

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
I have x2 1 Month cards and a 12 month one, I was originally on the rolling monthly contract of £10.99 pm, when I did the conversion to GPU it said my next payment date was in July 19, it's now into 2020 so I assume it does work!? Please note this is just my own experience!
Are you UK? I'm gonna buy a years gold and report back to say what happens...

GronkyKong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adding your Gold before you get Ultimate is the best way to go about it so make sure you add your codes before signing up for ultimate.

Last edited:

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
If I add more month until i have 36 months then pay $1 will have 37 months of ultimate right ?

Anyone have some Xbox live gold deal now ? :D

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Fuck it, it did it.
bYn7MWE.png

I sill have a 12 months Gold Code i could not redeem, because I'm above 3 years.

If I add more month until i have 36 months then pay $1 will have 37 months of ultimate right ?

Anyone have some Xbox live gold deal now ? :D
This won't work. You can't have more than 36 months.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I just did it and it converted a 12 month gold sub into 4 months or gp ultimate. It's not 1 to 1 so add your subs BEFORE converting.
What? You sure that isn't an error?
3 Months Gold give 2 months Game Pass Ultimate
12 Months Gold giving just 4 months would be a scam. It should be 9 Months.

You sure it wasn't a 6 Months Gold code?

Edit:
Holy shit you're correct
I just testes it with my 12 Months Gold code

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, just got 34 months of GPU for 108€, that's a pretty good rate.

I purchased 2 12 months XBLG subs for 41€ each from instant gaming, so that's 26 months if you turn off auto-renewal after each transaction.

Got another 6 months sub for 25€, with another auto-renewal free month.

+ one month of GPU for 1€ that converts the above 33 months of XBLG into 33 months of GPU.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
What? You sure that isn't an error?
3 Months Gold give 2 months Game Pass Ultimate
12 Months Gold giving just 4 months would be a scam. It should be 9 Months.

You sure it wasn't a 6 Months Gold code?
Nope 4 months. Got a message before it added the 12 month gold sub saying it would convert to 4 months. Paid 36 quid for the sub as well so feel a tad ripped off tbh.

winwood

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Thanks OP for posting this, I forgot I was even signed up on Insider.

I previously had Gold until March 2022 and Game Pass until March 2020.

So I now have Game Pass Ultimate until mid June 2022.

I never pay over £25-£30 for my Gold subs and pretty much all my Game Pass is from Microsoft Rewards.

So effectively 3 years of both Gold and Game pass has cost me less than £90.

That works out about £1.25 per month for Gold and £1.25 a month for Game Pass. Absolute bargain.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
By the way a have a 12 months Xbox Live Gold code for sell now
It's from Microsoft rewards Germany.

$30 or 25€ If some one needs more Gold BEFORE converting.

Oct 29, 2017
Okay, just got 34 months of GPU for 108€, that's a pretty good rate.

I purchased 2 12 months XBLG subs for 41€ each from instant gaming, so that's 26 months if you turn off auto-renewal after each transaction.

Got another 6 months sub for 25€, with another auto-renewal free month.

+ one month of GPU for 1€ that converts the above 33 months of XBLG into 33 months of GPU.
So you brought gold subs from instant gaming at in converted them into Game Pass Ultimate? You mind sending me a link to where you bought the gold? I already have game pass Ultimate, if that still works.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
So you brought gold subs from instant gaming at in converted them into Game Pass Ultimate? You mind sending me a link to where you bought the gold? I already have game pass Ultimate, if that still works.
If you already have Game Pass Ultimate 12 months Gold will result in only 4 months Game Pass Ultimate. So not worth it.
You need to stack Gold before converting.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
By the way a have a 12 months Xbox Live Gold code for sell now
It's from Microsoft rewards Germany.

$30 or 25€ If some one needs more Gold BEFORE converting.
This needs to be stated louder for people. Add all your subs BEFORE converting. 12 months gold turning into 4 months of gp ultimate is not a good deal at all.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Actually my sub will end April 2020 so i am good with just +2 years and 1 month. it just around 35 months and it good enough :D

now my ultimate will expired 5/13/2022.

Very happy with outcome as i get to play AAA exclusive from day 1 for free from now on. Even want to buy those back later, i bet it will be already a dirt cheap sale :D

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
It worked today! I bought 2 years of live before doing it too so I am good through 2022 now and own live now. I only had gamepass previously so buying live was cheaper to extend everything with this deal.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
So if my Live expires on December 2020 and my Game pass expires on December 2019, what would be the outcome of me taking care of this offer? GPU until December 2020?