• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Damn, bought Control in the last sale. If it's really gonna be the definitive edition I am probably refund that game. It's a shame, but thank you Game Pass, I guess.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
If it is Control, it'd be a great excuse to replay it (played it on PS4) since I still haven't gotten around to the DLC. Hoping for the Ultimate Edition but I'm not holding my breath.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Fun game. Not ny favorite Remedy game but great nonetheless. December is gonna be crazy good with DQ11DE, Haven, etc.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Bought the Ultimate Edition earlier this week. Will wait to play until the Series X update it out.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
FF13 trilogy, 10 and 12 should be coming as they were announced for 2020

Doubt that's the surprise though, maybe control? Gonna be eating well on PC too
The Final Fantasy games were announced as to be coming to game pass "starting 2020". No one has said all will come in 2020. If anything, "starting" implies that not all will be in 2020.

Deleted member 59

I literally just bought Control Ultimate Edition in the BF sale, so i hope it's not that!

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the Ultimate Edition or whatever it's called over the Xbox sale. Oops. Only 20 bucks and I'm not even gonna touch it until the Series X enhancements come...but I totally forgot Phil slipped however long ago and said this was coming.
This Gamepass version will prob be the Xbox one version without the DLC...so you still paid $20 to own it, have the DLC, and get the enhanced version when it releases. I'd still say that's the better deal

but if they do give us the ultimate version then ya you can prob get a refund haha

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm. If it is control, do I want to give it a second shot on my series x? I loved all the other remedy games but for some reason this game didn't click with me.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I think there's almost no chance this is the ultimate edition, they'll give us the standard edition and then the DLC will be where they get a nice bonus from people buying that. Can't do that with the ultimate edition.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
The Final Fantasy games were announced as to be coming to game pass "starting 2020". No one has said all will come in 2020. If anything, "starting" implies that not all will be in 2020.

I was going off of this, which might be quite outdated now
En_3GC_WEAQLV8S

macapes

Nov 19, 2019
United Kingdom
I think there's almost no chance this is the ultimate edition, they'll give us the standard edition and then the DLC will be where they get a nice bonus from people buying that. Can't do that with the ultimate edition.

Would seem odd to put a non XSX enhanced version on GP a month after the release of the new console though. Hardly a selling point for new XSX owners.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What are the chances of control coming with both DLC?

If the past is any indication, almost no chance. I'm trying to think of a third party game that launched their Ultimate Edition into Game Pass.

I also have a hard time believing they would do a huge sale on the Ultimate Edition and then add it to Game Pass days later. Kind of a slap in the face.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
This Gamepass version will prob be the Xbox one version without the DLC...so you still paid $20 to own it, have the DLC, and get the enhanced version when it releases. I'd still say that's the better deal

but if they do give us the ultimate version then ya you can prob get a refund haha
It's true. I have a couple weeks from the looks of it. I kinda doubt it'll be the edition I got but if so...I mean, c'mon. I gotta refund.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
If the past is any indication, almost no chance. I'm trying to think of a third party game that launched their Ultimate Edition into Game Pass.

I also have a hard time believing they would do a huge sale on the Ultimate Edition and then add it to Game Pass days later. Kind of a slap in the face.
Yeah, you are right
considering that 99% of the time its more expensive to buy the DLC alone instead of the "complete edition" I think I will stick with the Steam sale. Its 65 reais, one month of Gamepass is 29 here in brazil