• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
So what are everyone's most wanted games they want to land on gamepass ?

It could be a very long list but I'll reduce right now to these:

Disco Elysium
Nier Replicant
REmakes 2 & 3
Divinity Original Sin 2
Baldur's Gate 3 (when it's on consoles)
Several indie metroidvania which may not be released or even planned for Xbox (like in example Ghost Song)

Some others I'd like are already announced or assumed like Silksong, Diablo IV or Deathloop.
More or less realistic list for now, except maybe some Indies.

Oh and I could throw in some games I'd like ported as well, that have been exclusive to ps for now. I'd love for Kena and Sifu to be ported and get on game pass day one for example. Also Stray but that hasn't even launched yet and I'll probably have a ps5 before it gets a port (if).

Last edited:

Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
Man Far Cry 5 is really good huh?
A couple hours in and really enjoying the gameplay and setting. Exactly what I wanted for the summer.

Don't know why I never copped it since I kinda loved 3 and 4...

Loving Game Pass lately.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I echo Tales of Arise, Disco Elysium. Would love to see Saints Row come this year.

If we're getting a little crazy, I'd say 13 Sentinels and Guilty Gear Strive haha

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
It could be a very long list but I'll reduce right now to these:

Oh and I could throw in some games I'd like ported as well, that have been exclusive to ps for now. I'd love for Kena and Sifu to be ported and get on game pass day one for example. Also Stray but that hasn't even launched yet and I'll probably have a ps5 before it gets a port (if).
Hell yeah, more quality indies is what I'd like the most. Now that you mention it, I don't think Kena and Sifu had their timed-exclusivity windows revealed, did they ? Thinking they might be full exclusive :/

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Hell yeah, more quality indies is what I'd like the most. Now that you mention it, I don't think Kena and Sifu had their timed-exclusivity windows revealed, did they ? Thinking they might be full exclusive :/
I doubt it. Sloclap and Ember Labs have both already confirmed that there's only timed exclusivity. There's a possibility that Sony paid to extend exclusivity.. but.. why?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

I can't find anything on exclusivity window other than they're both timed exclusives. For example:

Q: Kena: Bridge of Spirits is a EGS timed exclusive! Any specific reason for that? Also, can you share the time for which it will stay Epic Games Store exclusive?
We are currently focused in our launches for PlayStation and Epic Games store, which are timed exclusives. We will look into other platform releases after launch and a rest.

From here:
segmentnext.com

Kena Bridge of Spirits Interview With COO and Co-Founder of Ember Lab

Tomorrow, we will be able to play Ember Lab's highly anticipated game, Kena: The Bridge of Spirits. When the game was first revealed last year, it quickly

And Sifu, confirmed timed directly by sloclap here:

Kena will be a year from release this September, so the soonest of these. Sifu would be next year and Stray hasn't even released yet and I hope it's also timed but I could get a ps5 before a year passes since it gets released.

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
I echo Tales of Arise, Disco Elysium. Would love to see Saints Row come this year.

If we're getting a little crazy, I'd say 13 Sentinels and Guilty Gear Strive haha
I also have thought about 13 Sentinels a lot, anyone think there is some chance of that coming to Xbox eventually? If I ever find it at a good price for switch will pick it up, but would love to have on Xbox

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
I doubt it. Sloclap and Ember Labs have both already confirmed that there's only timed exclusivity. There's a possibility that Sony paid to extend exclusivity.. but.. why?

I can't find anything on exclusivity window other than they're both timed exclusives. For example:

From here:
segmentnext.com

Kena Bridge of Spirits Interview With COO and Co-Founder of Ember Lab

Tomorrow, we will be able to play Ember Lab's highly anticipated game, Kena: The Bridge of Spirits. When the game was first revealed last year, it quickly

And Sifu, confirmed timed directly by sloclap here:

Kena will be a year from release this September, so the soonest of these. Sifu would be next year and Stray hasn't even released yet and I hope it's also timed but I could get a ps5 before a year passes since it gets released.
Nice, good to hear :)

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I also have thought about 13 Sentinels a lot, anyone think there is some chance of that coming to Xbox eventually? If I ever find it at a good price for switch will pick it up, but would love to have on Xbox
Realistically? Probably not. Vanillaware has never made a game for Xbox. On the other hand, 13 Sentinels was published by Atlus. They at least know that porting to Xbox is theoretically possible lol. So, is there any chance? Yes, because Persona came over. Is it likely? Probably not without a game pass deal that takes all the risk out of the port - and even then, it'll probably be a while since I'm not sure Vanillaware would try to do the port on their own.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Children of Morta is leaving Game Pass. It's great so if you haven't tried it I strongly recommend it.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
All them leaving games:
Children of Morta (PC and Console)
Cris Tales (PC and Console)
Lethal League Blaze (PC and Console)
Atomicrops (PC and Console)
Carrion (PC and Console)

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Every roguelike fan should play Children of Morta. It's a fantastic game with nice story, great characters with various abilities, good artistic designs, great music and addictive gameplay.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
All them leaving games:
Children of Morta (PC and Console)
Cris Tales (PC and Console)
Lethal League Blaze (PC and Console)
Atomicrops (PC and Console)
Carrion (PC and Console)

If you also have Playstation Plus Extra or Premium both Children of Morta and Cris Tales are on Playstation Plus Extra/Premium so if you have not played ot bought the games yet you could still play it on Playstation.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So what are everyone's most wanted games they want to land on gamepass ?
assuming we are including upcoming games that will ideally eventually release on xbox

store.steampowered.com

Metal: Hellsinger on Steam

Slay to the rhythm of metal and vengeance on an infernal journey through the eight Hells. Make them fear the beat. Metal: Hellsinger is a rhythm FPS bursting with demons, badass weapons, and heavy metal music.

store.steampowered.com

Potionomics on Steam

You’ve inherited your uncle’s potion shop—and a huge debt. Better get brewing! Customize your store, hire heroes to gather ingredients, befriend (or romance) fellow vendors to learn new haggling strategies, and go head-to-head with competitors in this narrative-driven, deck-building shop simulator.

store.steampowered.com

Baladins on Steam

Embark on a whimsical journey and bring joy to a bright fantasy world in this roleplaying adventure for 1-4 players. Craft your own story and solve quests how you like, but beware, for every time you fail the Dragon will send you back in time!

but like Digimon Survive and One Piece Odyssey sometime too because I can't really justify buying the anime games like that but they are good gamepass games for me to mess around with for a bit and never finish :P

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Echoing the various Children of Morta posts - one of the absolute best games i've played through Game Pass.

Carrion was great as well.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
did the update that added online co-op to morta ever get added to the game pass version? I already finished it solo but I wanted to replay it after that update and the game pass version was left behind at that point.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Wanted to play Umurangi Generation as it seems right my alley but the controls are unbelievably awful. Genuinely feels like something no one ever tested.

Was it like this on the original switch release? Can't understand the praise if so, it's borderline unplayable.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry 5 is pretty fun so far, some of the vistas are quite beatiful. Although Ubi has usually been good with that imo.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really want disco Elysium, I think that's my only game pass wish at the moment.

I should go back and try and play more morta. I was enjoying it but got worried I was bad at it so I dropped it.

Oct 25, 2017
There's tons of stuff i would love added to Game Pass. Dying Light 2, OPUS: Echo of Starsong, Eastward, Behind the Frame, 13 Sentinels, Crash 4 and CTR, the new Doraemon game, damn, lots and lots of stuff.

Lethal League Blaze leaving makes me sad.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Dying light 2, cuphead, new Lego Star Wars, disco elysium and the quarry would be some really big and amazing additions.
All those would be fantastic additions. Even Dying Light 1 I'd take
Oo good calls. I was trying to think what games released this year I would want on the service. I thought about Tiny Tina's, and I do want to play that eventually, but it wasn't as much of a departure from Borderlands as I was expecting.

I somehow totally forgot about DL2. I'd be so down to play that on GP!

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
From recent AAA I want RE8 and Cyberpunk the most. Lots of indies I'd like to get added, old and new, so I won't even begin to list them 😂

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Definitely play Children of Morta, guys! This type of game does not so often come with a a gripping story and great characters. But Children of Morta delivers on all of it.

Will give Carrion a shot before it leaves. I was so excited for Cris Tales but that game just did not stick with me at all. I felt bored playing it.

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
As far as games I'd loved to see on game pass, has to be The Quarry. Pretty interested in that.

Gonna echo the sentiment that everyone should give Children of Morta a shot before it leaves. Fantastic game.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Definitely play Children of Morta, guys! This type of game does not so often come with a a gripping story and great characters. But Children of Morta delivers on all of it.

Will give Carrion a shot before it leaves. I was so excited for Cris Tales but that game just did not stick with me at all. I felt bored playing it.
Yea.. Cris Tales was alright. I gave it several hours, but I feel like I had seen the majority of the cool bits of the game by then already (bolstered by reviews that said you had seen most of it by then). The pacing and difficulty also didn't feel well-tuned through that beginning section. The first boss fight is cool, though. And there were some cool ideas with the fights and environments. Glad I checked it out. Glad I moved on.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
In a... good way? Can't tell the tone of this post haha. A bunch of us also finished Chorus recently for the GP club. Interested to hear more thoughts.

In a good way! Really enjoyed the game overall and the last playable sequence was awesome

I'll post more thoughts when I'm back at my PC

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see Tiny Tina and Neir Replicant show up at some point. Plus countless indie stuff that looks good to me.

I'm interested to see what is coming in the first half of the month. I think Matchpoint Tennis is all we know so far.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
i would like tales of arise, a musou and a borderlands game.
If only I enjoyed One Piece Warriors more.. I played it for a couple hours, and it was aggressively ok. Dynasty Warriors 9 was kinda a disappointment, but honestly, having it on GP would probably set it up well for a follow up - if they ever do again.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
If only I enjoyed One Piece Warriors more.. I played it for a couple hours, and it was aggressively ok. Dynasty Warriors 9 was kinda a disappointment, but honestly, having it on GP would probably set it up well for a follow up - if they ever do again.
there is a leaked current gen version of orochi 3, that could be cool. they could also add samurai warrios 5

Apr 24, 2018
I thought someone in this thread (a while ago) had mentioned that Ember Labs had stated there's no plan "at this time" to port Kena to Xbox? Would love to be able to play it sooner, rather than later (aka whenever I get a PS5). This, Sifu, and F.I.S.T. are the three indies currently console exclusive to Sony platforms that I'd love to see on Xbox platforms (and even better yet, Game Pass).

I'm inevitably expecting Zero Time Dilemma and Danganronpa 3, even though I already own them elsewhere, to eventually hit Game Pass, but still excited for them as I have not yet played either!

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I thought someone in this thread (a while ago) had mentioned that Ember Labs had stated there's no plan "at this time" to port Kena to Xbox? Would love to be able to play it sooner, rather than later (aka whenever I get a PS5). This, Sifu, and F.I.S.T. are the three indies currently console exclusive to Sony platforms that I'd love to see on Xbox platforms (and even better yet, Game Pass).

I'm inevitably expecting Zero Time Dilemma and Danganronpa 3, even though I already own them elsewhere, to eventually hit Game Pass, but still excited for them as I have not yet played either!
Can't find that with a quick search. Think there's just been no news since the one interview. They were a little evasive when asked directly, but also, that's the nature of exclusivity deals.

In Sept 2021:
Q: Kena: Bridge of Spirits is a EGS timed exclusive! Any specific reason for that? Also, can you share the time for which it will stay Epic Games Store exclusive?
We are currently focused in our launches for PlayStation and Epic Games store, which are timed exclusives. We will look into other platform releases after launch and a rest.

Q: On consoles, the game is also a PlayStation exclusive, any chance that we might see it released on Xbox platforms down the road. Is it up to Sony to decide?
Right now, with just a few days to launch, it's very difficult to think about next steps or future offerings. We have been responding to the requests from the community as best we can. For example, we just announced a physical release and the addition of Russian and Brazilian-Portuguese.

Status
Not open for further replies.