• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What is Omori like?

Worth it for someone who likes JRPGs but isn't a fan of horror or games with darker themes?

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I thought Omori was a 6-8 hour game, not 20-30+.
It was my impression as well hahaha. I went from "Yeah. I want to play that" to "Yo. WTF?". It can go from 20 to 70 hours (if doing a completionist run). Damn that is hard for me. I don't try to do completionist runs as they burn me easily, but I normally find myself in the middle. So maybe it would take me 40 hours? I'll give it a go anyway because it looks interesting to me.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
im halfway through chorus and at first i was extremely in but
once they introduce the faceless enemies the combat and pretty much the whole game gets pretty busy visually and there's a bunch of times that i lterally dont know whats going on lmao. the halfway boss was a total clusterfuck, thankfully the game has one of the best checkpoints i've ever seen in a game and when i die for reasons that i dont always understand i dont lose any progress.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Man terrible communication from Xbox this month in regards to Game Pass. We're going into next week with still zero communication on what the second half of the month has in store.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It was my impression as well hahaha. I went from "Yeah. I want to play that" to "Yo. WTF?". It can go from 20 to 70 hours (if doing a completionist run). Damn that is hard for me. I don't try to do completionist runs as they burn me easily, but I normally find myself in the middle. So maybe it would take me 40 hours? I'll give it a go anyway because it looks interesting to me.

I started it, and yeah I can see why it's a long game. It's very drawn out with the dialogue. So I assume that is why it's rated so long on howlongtobeat.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone able to play Assassins Creed Origins via cloud from PC? It seems like its a cloud game, but when I click on it, it just says "content failed to load". Anyone able to check theirs?

valentine71

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man terrible communication from Xbox this month in regards to Game Pass. We're going into next week with still zero communication on what the second half of the month has in store.

Agreed. And they even mentioned that they will have "a few surprises" later implying the showcase but nothing was announced in the main or extended showcase and they just missed their usual time as well. Even a blog post about what is known would be better (Shadowrun, Naraka, etc). It is a great service, it's the best thing in gaming imho and love it but i hate how it doesn't have set dates for announcements.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What in the hell is going on with PC Gamepass?

The last four games I downloaded didn't run. I had to uninstall them them re-download the entire thing to get them to work

RubberStamp

Oct 27, 2017
What in the hell is going on with PC Gamepass?

The last four games I downloaded didn't run. I had to uninstall them them re-download the entire thing to get them to work
The last gaming services update broke game installations. The way I fixed this on multiple machines was to reinstall gaming services but make sure to install it from the Microsoft store instead of the Xbox app. Open PowerShell as an admin and enter these commands:

Uninstall gaming services:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

And this should take you to the windows store entry of gaming services:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

You'll have to reinstall any game you installed since gaming services broke for them work properly.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
On chapter 10 of Ninja Gaiden 2. I think I liked 1 better so far. It just had a lot more variety in terms of combat/puzzles/exploration. NG2 is just combat in linear areas. And now instead of one off Rachel missions, there's a bunch of one off missions you play as the female cast. It sucks they get the same exact levels just with slight changes. Rachel's outfit still looks absolutely ridiculous and her breasts have a mind of their own, defying physics. Lol.

It's garbage how Sigma did the upgrade system. You basically get one or two upgrades free every chapter. It practically makes the economy in the game useless. I haven't had to spend any money since like chapter 2. Game is so easy compared to 1.

I'm probably going to be done after NG2 and save NG3 for later on. It works pretty flawless with a controller on PC at least. Zero issues with it other than the game looking incredibly soft and blurry.

Apr 24, 2018
Floppy Knights was a super easy game nearly the whole way through for the main campaign, but the last couple of stages in the sixth world, 6-3 and 6-4, have been pretty rough. I came up short while going for the secondary objective on 6-3 by a hair on a few attempts and also had some attempts where I just got crushed.

Finally had a surefire win on 6-3 last night when the game crashed (I have a sneaking suspicion it was do to an enemy killing another enemy to complete the subobjective)...and wound up having to beat it again earlier today.

6-4 didn't seem too bad...had two attempts on my first three tries where I got the boss down to less than 5 HP. Then I thought I beat the stage...until

The boss decided to revive in a new form with an additional 10 HP...

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Last Stop is leaving soon, pretty quick playthrough here

www.trueachievements.com

Last Stop Walkthrough

Full game walkthrough for all 35 Achievements in Last Stop. It should take between 6 and 8 hours to complete.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
For all of you UK folk, there's a great deal happening on Cd Keys at the moment. You can buy 3 months of Xbox Live Gold for £5.99 which will convert to 50 days of GPU if you're a current subscriber.

Buying in bulk seems to be the best thing to do, I've bought 4 vouchers which has given me 7 months of GPU for just £24 👍

I'm not entirely sure what happens if you're not a current subscriber..

Here's the link anyway

www.cdkeys.com

3 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership Card (Xbox One/360)

Buy 3 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership Card (Xbox One/360) ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Membership ✔️

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
For all of you UK folk, there's a great deal happening on Cd Keys at the moment. You can buy 3 months of Xbox Live Gold for £5.99 which will convert to 50 days of GPU if you're a current subscriber.

Thanks! Bought some here.

Seems they've increased the price now though, so it's £7.99. Got mine before they increased the price luckily :P

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Had Last Stop installed since its release, and I'm finally playing it. It's really cool and, just like with Virginia, the framing and photography are top notch. Impressive work.

The pacing is a bit rough though, and the story not very engaging. It's helped a lot by the episodic format which means you can play it 20 minutes at a time.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Spent like 5-6 hours on it today and just completed the prologue, so yeah...

Rabbit Clock

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on a Zero Time Dilemma release date? or if it's coming at all? I just finished 999 and VLR and am wondering if I should wait to play ZTD on Xbox or just buy it on PC.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Previous Forza games were removed from store, a few years after release, because of licenses and things like that. That will happen to Forza Horizon 4 this year for 90%.
Is there any chance to see FH4 DLCs on Game Pass in the last months?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Previous Forza games were removed from store, a few years after release, because of licenses and things like that. That will happen to Forza Horizon 4 this year for 90%.
Is there any chance to see FH4 DLCs on Game Pass in the last months?
No. They'll just have fairly steep sales on the bundles/dlc packs

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
When does Omori pick up?
I'm in Day 3 and the game is such a slog, I don't understand the fuss around it for what I played until now.
Does it gets better?

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
im halfway through chorus and at first i was extremely in but
once they introduce the faceless enemies the combat and pretty much the whole game gets pretty busy visually and there's a bunch of times that i lterally dont know whats going on lmao. the halfway boss was a total clusterfuck, thankfully the game has one of the best checkpoints i've ever seen in a game and when i die for reasons that i dont always understand i dont lose any progress.

finished it yesterday and i still feel the same way. i ended up liking it and if you like arcade flight games like ace combat this hits the spot, it controls great and the powers you unlock are extremely fun and maje you feel cool as hell. sadly there's some really frustrating stuff but overall im happy i played it and hopefully there's a sequel where they totally knock it out the park.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Booted up Hades after not playing for a long time and an achievement popped, guess it was bugged when I played the game and they fixed it.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Has there been any word on a Zero Time Dilemma release date? or if it's coming at all? I just finished 999 and VLR and am wondering if I should wait to play ZTD on Xbox or just buy it on PC.
No official word, but it's pretty apparent that Spike Chunsoft has some kind of Game Pass deal with MS given they've been porting their backlog into Game Pass by release order

If they port Ultra Despair girls, that'll probably come next month (given it's been January, March and May for the previous ports) and then ZTD probably in September. And if they don't port Ultra Despair Girls, then ZTD will probably be next month.

But it's all speculation, there hasn't been any official word as of yet

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I think if you give any game 10 hours and you aren't feeling it, it is time to move on. No judgement :P

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Really liking GoTG. Some great looking environments and story and characters are pretty good too. Helps if you're a bit of an mcu fan

Status
Not open for further replies.