• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I played Grounded with a friend today and I have to say that I did not enjoy the first 20 minutes. We were playing through xCloud (flawlessly) but we were struggling with the commands, menus and map at the beginning. Struggling in the sense that we felt lost. We didn't even knew there was a map for some time. And I'm sure it is our fault, but that never happened to any other game I've ever played. Since we didn't understand several menus and mechanics at the beginning, our first night was a struggle. We didn't have any tools and neither the correct materials to make a place to sleep. After the first night we finally understood the systems and started enjoying it a lot. We left the game wanting to play more of it and invite other friends to help us build a bigger base.

Also, I finished the third room in Unpacking. I felt judged lol. I felt like the game said "Did you have fun organizing things on the other room? Cool, cool, cool. Now here is a room with things placed in the correct way". Shades were thrown. Of course that is not the intention (👀), but I felt it a little hahaha. It was funny. That said, I'm enjoying exploring seeing how the character grows by seeing their belongings. It is weird in a good way. I never thought I would get to know a character like that.

We really wish Grounded would get dedicated servers as my friend has the server and every now and then I get the urge to jump on solely to expand the base or sky highway.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Another one I really loved, just a really peaceful way to tell a story. I went into it thinking it would be an EXTREMELY light puzzle type of game. Something to just ... relax with. Largely it was just that, but there was a story under that and I really found myself wanting to know more about the character, growing with them, empathizing with them, and even drawing some parallels to my own life. Really lovely game.
Oh for sure. I completed an unpacking session today that I was nervous during the whole thing. It was when the character moved with their significant other. Like, not only the person had practically ZERO space for them, but their styles didn't match. During the whole time I was feeling "Ohhhhh. Someone is going to have their heart broken." And to surprise no one, the next unpacking session is about them coming back to their parents house, hiding the couples photo and kinda ditching the broken cup. Now I'm at a new spacious space, and I'm quite happy that their things finally have a place for them.

I totally get that. I feel like that is the 'survival' part in Survivor games. To some extent at least, you are meant to feel a little helpless, lost, scrounging for that first foothold to get propped up. I really enjoyed the time I put into Grounded. Played it solo, and really thought it was very well put together for being an 'Early Access' title. Spiders though, effing spiders. Felt really great once I was able to gear up well enough to actually be able to take them out. I hope you keep at it with your friend and see some of the other bits the game throws at you, and some of the other things you will be finding.

I'm not used to playing survival games, so that might be it. But also, I was frustrated by the controls and the menus themselves. It looked like a PC experience that was ported to consoles but not in the best way UX wise. The keybindings and the way the menu work looks like a good thing for PC, but not for a controller. That is at least the aspect that I felt confused/lost.

And yeah. I hate those spiders. I was minding my business and one appeared out of nowhere. And it appeared when we couldn't sleep yet and near our base. So we kept respawning and dying to it. It was super frustrating. I can't wait to get my sweet revenge hahahaha.

We really wish Grounded would get dedicated servers as my friend has the server and every now and then I get the urge to jump on solely to expand the base or sky highway.
Me too! I wanted to continue working on our base yesterday as my friend was leaving but I couldn't. I hope they have a solution for that when the game is out of early access.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Oh wow, I knew Vampire Survivors was adictive but I didn't not expect 2 hours of my life to just be just completely erased, still not 30 min wins yet unfortunately : (

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't think Trek to Yomis combat was bad and on Shogun is wasn't difficult...for 99% of the game. The last boss was bullshit though with like 4 stages and does a ton of damage. I could get through the first two without damage but after a couple tries I just reduced the difficulty to be done with it.

I really enjoyed most of it otherwise though.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I loved it too! I actually finished it but couldn't get into Odyssey and I'm slowly going through Valhalla now. Origins was the perfect length and Egypt was gorgeous.
That's interesting. I was interested in Origins, but I did eventually just let it slip away as I played other games. But I was damn thorough with finishing Odyssey. I consciously dropped Valhalla halfway through because I wasn't vibing with what was there (probably didn't help that I got the story spoiled [and not even like the Eivor story, like the overarching BS mythology weird aliens story], which normally wouldn't bother me.. but for whatever reason, really took the wind out of my sails here). Origins coming onto GP might be a good reason to check it back out again.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I tried Loot River but it wasn't fun for me. Now I am playing Nobody Saves the World and it's awesome. But I don't understand what you lose when you die? If you don't reach the checkpoint in a dungeon you lose the progress but other than that?

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I tried Loot River but it wasn't fun for me. Now I am playing Nobody Saves the World and it's awesome. But I don't understand what you lose when you die? If you don't reach the checkpoint in a dungeon you lose the progress but other than that?

Yeah for dungeons you have to do it all in one life. This is the case for side dungeons and story ones (which lock XP quests). Other than that you don't lose anything I think so you can just do whatever in the open world

Naru

May 11, 2019
Yeah for dungeons you have to do it all in one life. This is the case for side dungeons and story ones (which lock XP quests). Other than that you don't lose anything I think so you can just do whatever in the open world
Oh wow, good to know thanks. I was under the impression that it is Roguelike-ish but it seems that just small parts of it are, like random dungeon design etc. It's super fun so far.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, good to know thanks. I was under the impression that it is Roguelike-ish but it seems that just small parts of it are, like random dungeon design etc. It's super fun so far.

Yeah the dungeons have certain parameters like Light and Sharp wards + Status Effects last 1.5x Longer or something. Those stay static but the design is random. It's a good time but also don't feel like you have to do everything single thing, if you can progress the story/main dungeon its probably worth doing that

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Umurangi Generation was cool. Great soundtrack and a cool aesthetic. The world got very very weird very quickly which I wasn't expecting.

Movement was a bit frustrating at times but not too big an issue. Definately worth checking out.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Umurangi Generation was cool. Great soundtrack and a cool aesthetic. The world got very very weird very quickly which I wasn't expecting.

Movement was a bit frustrating at times but not too big an issue. Definately worth checking out.

that was supser acclaimed on the 3ds or vita right?

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Started Guardians last night. Definitely something I'm going to shelve while I finish Horizon in favor of something like Umurangi Generation. I want it to be my main game when I play it.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
thought it was older than that, I remember Austin Walker talking it up on twitter. Was the Switch one not also a port? or maybe just came to the west finally?
Nope, 2020 game, pretty sure. It started getting worked on after the big wildfires in Australia, and released shortly after the pandemic started.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I finished Unpacking today and I was so happy with the ending. Many games with more elements to engane on story, as acting, weren't as effective as this game. My eyes were watery at the end.

Now, to the complaining part, because I can't just be happy. How do people take only 5 hours to 100% the game? Like. How? I spend 8 and a half hours according to the Xbox app, and I just tried and I just tried to go for the normal route, and some times I even tried to rush it.

Now that that is out of my system, I'll move to the next game \o/

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Whilst there's not a lot to that Turnip game it's been a descent quick achievement a day kinda game that's not time consuming.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
So yeah Jurassic World Evolution 2 has a ton of game breaking bugs. Dinosaur getting stuck pending treatment in that facility, heli gettin stuck on invisible walls for no reason etc. Just a broken game..

Uninstalling.

Last edited:

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I had like none of those issues when I played on Steam months ago.

Also is there any dedicated servers to Farm Simulator 22?

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I dropped SUPERHOT. I love the game. I find it super fun, but I was going to play it because it was leaving Game Pass. I already own it on PlayStation, and it is the VR version, which I find to be extremely better. Not only that, I found that to "finish" the game you need to stay on a space/screen/place for 2 and a half hours? Yeah. Nope. I'm playing on xCloud, so no way to change the save file.

I'll go to Resident Evil 7 then. I also own the VR version on PlayStation, but I'll be honest. I'll never finish it on VR. It is the only game that made me sick there, so I could only bear 30 minutes sessions at best. Also, I would need to buy a PS5 and wait for PSVR 2, as I sold my PS4 and PSVR.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I played SuperHOT VR when it came out on my Oculus Rift and it took away any and all interest I ever had in playing the non-VR version after trying the first couple levels. Even if I never put on my headset again, it just felt like such a far less interesting game on my Xbox One X (I think at the time).

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I dropped SUPERHOT. I love the game. I find it super fun, but I was going to play it because it was leaving Game Pass. I already own it on PlayStation, and it is the VR version, which I find to be extremely better. Not only that, I found that to "finish" the game you need to stay on a space/screen/place for 2 and a half hours? Yeah. Nope. I'm playing on xCloud, so no way to change the save file.

I'll go to Resident Evil 7 then. I also own the VR version on PlayStation, but I'll be honest. I'll never finish it on VR. It is the only game that made me sick there, so I could only bear 30 minutes sessions at best. Also, I would need to buy a PS5 and wait for PSVR 2, as I sold my PS4 and PSVR.

It's a lot more convenient to play the game on PC as you can leave in the background for the 2.5 hours while you do other things. That's what I did.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021

Superhot VR makes the non-VR version completely redundant tbh

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
It's a lot more convenient to play the game on PC as you can leave in the background for the 2.5 hours while you do other things. That's what I did.
For sure, but I don't have a gaming PC :(

That might change in the future, but it is not on my plans for this year.

I played SuperHOT VR when it came out on my Oculus Rift and it took away any and all interest I ever had in playing the non-VR version after trying the first couple levels. Even if I never put on my headset again, it just felt like such a far less interesting game on my Xbox One X (I think at the time).

Superhot VR makes the non-VR version completely redundant tbh
Right?! It is one of the best VR games for me. I felt the same way after playing Wipeout Omega Collection in VR. The standard version pales in comparison.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
My Ultimate sub ran out a couple of days ago. Can I still stock up on 3 years of Gold and convert for cheap or is that a one time thing per account or over altogether?

Edit: Still works, just got 3 years of Gold and converted it to Ultimate.

Last edited:

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do you think we'll get some big already-released games added over the summer - any predictions? I'm thinking we're due for some of the following:
- Judgment
- Dark Pictures Anthology
- Crysis Remastered
- Alan Wake Remastered
- Disco Elysium
- Crash 4

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Do you think we'll get some big already-released games added over the summer - any predictions? I'm thinking we're due for some of the following:
- Judgment
- Crysis Remastered
- Alan Wake Remastered
- Disco Elysium
- Crash 4
Yes. I will always cheer for Game Pass adding slightly older games. Something like Tiny Tina's is one I'd love to see announced in June or later in the year. Disco would seem like a great get. And Dark Pictures makes a ton of sense. Judgment makes sense, but maybe they wait a little to make that announcement? Unless there's a Japanese game block at the showcase, in which case, yes do it there.

Crash is still controlled by Activision, no? And Activision have never jumped on Game Pass ever. So.. probably not.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Anyone know what this is about and how I can fix it? It started today. Also, the game isn't installed on that drive but the files are there and are the same as in the folder/drive I installed the game to.

bueaNHI.png

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know what this is about and how I can fix it? It started today. Also, the game isn't installed on that drive but the files are there and are the same as in the folder/drive I installed the game to.

bueaNHI.png

Yep, I had this too. I think I fixed it by verifying and repairing the game files (right click).

Or check the MS Store app to see if there's a stuck Xbox app update.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
- Judgment
- Crysis Remastered
- Alan Wake Remastered
- Disco Elysium
- Crash 4
Watch Dogs Legion,Cyberpunk,RE 2+3 Remakes,Borderlands 3 also.I think we gonna get 2-3 big third-party titles being available the same day as the showcase in June.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Yep, I had this too. I think I fixed it by verifying and repairing the game files (right click).

Wow, thanks so much. I was going crazy. Weirdly enough, uninstalling and installing the game didn't fix it but repairing did.

Nobody Saves the World is sooo good btw.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
- Judgment
- Crysis Remastered
- Alan Wake Remastered
- Disco Elysium
- Crash 4

You are referring to third parties, right? The big one we know about is A Plague Tale: Reqiuem which will come on launch. S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 isn't very likely for this year due to the war. For Square, Final Fantasy VII Remake, if port rumors are true, might be on Game Pass at launch, Chrono Cross could also be coming. For SEGA, I think Judgement is a good bet and who knows if more ATLUS games make it over to Xbox. Ubisoft also mentioned to bring more to Game Pass besides Assassin's Creed Origins. Maybe Fenyx Rising or Watch Dogs games could be coming? I wouldn't expect Crash to hit Game Pass until the Activision Blizzard acquisition is through.

Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed Citizen Sleeper, missing a couple endings but seen everything else. The only problem I had with it was that it became trivially easy about half way through to the point it felt like I was just going through motions to see the rest of the (brilliantly written) story. I'm not sure how the devs could have mitigated this while keeping an upgrade system and multiple story threads.

TKWarner

Feb 28, 2021
- Judgment
- Crysis Remastered
- Alan Wake Remastered
- Disco Elysium
- Crash 4

I've been waiting for Judgment, Crysis Remastered and Alan Wake Remastered. All seem like good candidates for Game Pass given prequels are already on the service for Judgment and Alan Wake and Crysis Remastered has appeared on PlayStation.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how I overlooked this but Zombie Army 4 is a ton of fun even solo.

+1 here, I feel like this game got overlooked by everyone, but it has been a tremendous amount of fun in 4 player co-op mode. It looks good, it runs great, and is just a lot of fun to play. The base game combined with the free season1 pass on Xbox is a lot of content... we've spent at least 20 hours 4-player, and that's just on the campaign, we haven't even touched the other things like horde mode yet. At least with my group of friends, we've enjoyed Zombie 4 a lot more than Back 4 Blood. It's also put the upcoming Sniper 5 on our multiplayer radar.

I wish they would put the original Zombie Army Trilogy back on GamePass, after playing 4, I regret not getting into the original ZAT when it was on the service earlier ;) Good news is, it's dirt cheap on Steam sales when they happen, so we can just buy it. Although, as long as I'm wishing, I may as well ask for Vermintide II on GamePass PC :D

coracina

Jul 6, 2018

I'm having this issue with GotG for the first time today despite playing it perfectly fine for about a week already. I don't see any option to repair when I right click, and there don't seem to be any xbox app updates either. Other games I've tried have worked. I don't want to have to reinstall a 75GB game, very frustrating.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
www.resetera.com

The Game Pass Game Playing Game Club - A better book club

Are you in a gaming lull? Do you not know what you want to play? Do you need motivation to actually finish games for once? Feel like you're not getting the most out of your Game Pass subscription or need a way to help get you into actually playing something?? Well, then join me in crowdsourcing...

Hi friends, join me please!!! Game Pass club - playing 2/3 games a month all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.