• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karmaforgotme

Oct 27, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Well not been able to play for a few days due life has been busy, and now when I finally have some free time, I can't play anything due to it being down. Some games I am getting must be connected to internet (per my XSX I am) and games like Halo Infinite I am getting must sign in. I checked Xbox support and their last tweet 2 hours ago was everything is good. So I assume it is still them not me. I don't have to do some magical thing to play (like repurchased Halo),

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Well not been able to play for a few days due life has been busy, and now when I finally have some free time, I can't play anything due to it being down. Some games I am getting must be connected to internet (per my XSX I am) and games like Halo Infinite I am getting must sign in. I checked Xbox support and their last tweet 2 hours ago was everything is good. So I assume it is still them not me. I don't have to do some magical thing to play (like repurchased Halo),

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Man this weekend was going to be when I powered through San Andreas collectibles, I'm gonna have to buy this game to finish it lmao

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Man this weekend was going to be when I powered through San Andreas collectibles, I'm gonna have to buy this game to finish it lmao

The issues were resolved for me as of this morning UK time

Played a few hours of Psychonauts 2 today and I've been downloading Doom Eternal for the last few hours, no issues today

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've been trying since this morning in the US and haven't been able to launch any digital games

Yeah that was me yesterday in the UK, seems weird how some people are fine and others aren't

I'd say from 10pm last night it started messing around, kicking me from games and not letting me play anything

After that I went to bed and tried again at about 10am this morning, and by then it was ok for me

Jul 26, 2018
Oof Gamepass is down for me on PC (SoCal). Cmon... I just wanna play some Fallout hehehe. It worked earlier this morning tho

tanmandu

Oct 27, 2017
Trek to Yomi is one of the most visually awesome games I've ever played. All the way to the last chapter I was coming across stuff that I would just stop moving and take in.

With that being said, the combat is so fucking bad I would never recommend it to anyone. Even on the easiest difficulty there are some fights that are just way to long and set up moments you can easily get caught in a position where an enemy spams you unless you parry almost every attack. So even as a "set in on easy and enjoy the story" game, it is frustrating. It sucks they couldn't tighten it up because I love everything else the game had going for it.

Dec 4, 2018
Yeah I agree, I hope they fix it so that in future the default is you can play owned games on or offline. I also understand there will be issues on occasion but having your system turned into a brick for 10-15 hours is always going to be unacceptable

I believe the outage was longer. The issue started on Thursday evening around 6 PM. Wasn't until very late Friday sometime after 11:30 PM that it came back. I know I tried around 4 PM and still had the issue.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Trek to Yomi is one of the most visually awesome games I've ever played. All the way to the last chapter I was coming across stuff that I would just stop moving and take in.

With that being said, the combat is so fucking bad I would never recommend it to anyone. Even on the easiest difficulty there are some fights that are just way to long and set up moments you can easily get caught in a position where an enemy spams you unless you parry almost every attack. So even as a "set in on easy and enjoy the story" game, it is frustrating. It sucks they couldn't tighten it up because I love everything else the game had going for it.

Yeah, about how I feel. It's kind of the shits

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone have issues with Xcloud on IOS? for weeks i constantly get disconnected after a minute on my ipad i tried clearing cache and bookmarks but it just always fucking disconnects me within 1-2 minutes.

Oct 28, 2017
Just starting Weird West. Looks like it's going to be an enjoyable romp.

Shame there's no Quick Resume. That feature is the best thing this gen has to offer so far.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished Life is Strange True Colours and I had a nice little time with it. A shorty, small scale, everything tied up with a neat little bow by the end. I liked Alex Chen a lot. Good stuff. As far as Life is Strange games go my ranking would be something like:

1. Life is Strange 1: Max's personality felt so fresh for a video game character at the time, and her time rewind power was a perfect match for the dialogue-tree/decision-making gameplay. I think the ending is pretty bad but for my money the first four-and-a-half episodes are still the best Life is Strange has to offer.

2. Tell Me Why: I really liked the characters in this, liked the mystery, and especially liked that it was only a three-episode-er. I'm at the point in my life where more shorter = more gooder, and Tell Me Why felt like all killer no filler.

3. True Colours: I will admit, the illusion of your choices being in any way meaningful in these games was probably at its thinnest in this one. On the one hand I know that ship has long since sailed and I don't really expect it any more; on the other I find that I'm a lot less troubled by the 'hard' decisions than I used to be because I know they don't ultimately matter, and that's not great when this whole genre is nominally about making choices. Very few games around still flying the flag of big choices with big consequences. Sad to see 'em go.

4. Life is Strange 2: I think the road trip nature of this one really hurt it. A whole new cast in each episode, no time to build a rapport with a cast of regulars. Short form, vignette-style storytelling is not these games' strength, in my opinion (the same reason that Captain Whatever one-off free demo thing didn't do anything for me); they come together over the course of the series, not on the strength of any individual episode. I also just found the older brother a little monotonous, to be honest. It felt like his actor read every line with the same inflection, kind of like the new Lara Croft, and I just found it grating.

5. Before the Storm: This one just didn't do a thing for me. Unlike Tell Me Why, which felt complete in three episodes, this felt like it was building towards something that it never reached and it just stopped mid-story. A stinker.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Any advice or anything I should know before starting Doom Eternal?

Played 2016 back in 2018 and enjoyed it but found it tough, though it was a fair challenge on normal

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Any advice or anything I should know before starting Doom Eternal?

Played 2016 back in 2018 and enjoyed it but found it tough, though it was a fair challenge on normal
Doom Eternal is harder, or at least more involved. You may be fine at normal or may need to drop the difficulty. Great game

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Doom Eternal is harder, or at least more involved. You may be fine at normal or may need to drop the difficulty. Great game

I was planning to start on normal and see how I get on, I have beaten hard games before, but I'm aware a lot of 2016 fans bounced off Eternal so thought it would be good to ask for advice before I start

Is it roughly the same length?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I was planning to start on normal and see how I get on, I have beaten hard games before, but I'm aware a lot of 2016 fans bounced off Eternal so thought it would be good to ask for advice before I start

Uhh i dont recall but yeah probably. Maybe slightly longer? Definitely longer if you include the 2 DLC.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021

I found it to be ~20% longer. And as vixolus said, it is quite a bit more difficult in my experience. The big difference is that ammo is not plentiful. If you liked using the gauss cannon and super shotgun exclusively in 2016, in Eternal that strategy will not work as well, since you'll end up running out of ammo

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017

Couldn't have said it better. I played on easy mode and had some of those same rage moments.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales

Yeah I bailed after like an hour because the combat pissed me off too much. It just wasn't satisfying or intuitive and the checkpoints start becoming more scarce which only irritated me more.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
It took me like five tries to get into PoE2 but something finally clicked and I'm really enjoying myself right now.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

I'd say it's longer and harder but also better and more involved in every way. I enjoyed its levels better and searched for secrets much more, and the systems are more complete but take longer to learn and master. It also goes gradually adding things but it's in general much more complete and intense from the get go in comparison and the first one seems very slow paced at first after playing Eternal. No doubt one of the best fps out there and probably my favourite but it's really intense, you may want to play it in bursts by the end. And it's not small or short. You may want to go lower difficulty too but that can be adjusted mid game so start away in normal first and see how it goes yeah

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
man i really dont like to read when people play a game on game pass and say that they are happy they didnt pay for it because i feel bad for the devs. but i just finished trek to yomi and i feel that i should have been paid to do so, what an absolute shit show. the artstyle is amazing, ill give them that.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
man i really dont like to read when people play a game on game pass and say that they are happy they didnt pay for it because i feel bad for the devs. but i just finished trek to yomi and i feel that i should have been paid to do so, what an absolute shit show. the artstyle is amazing, ill give them that.
Isn't downloading it and playing it supporting them anyway?

Oct 27, 2017

While I understand the intent of what you're trying to say, don't forget that these devs get paid upfront by Microsoft for putting their game into Game Pass. So, technically, they do get paid. And agree on Trek to Yomi. The graphics/atmosphere/presentation are crazy good, but the gameplay did nothing for me.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
finished Trek to Yomi, only worth it if you are a weeb like me and love samurai stuff.

I had to play offline because of the outage tho (in EU), and strangely I ddin't unlock cheevos on the xbox, but it did unlock on PC huh.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
why is the framerate so ass in trek to yomi on the series x? Im playing on a VRR monitor but i can still feel the huge drops sometimes. Feels like it drops from 60 to 30 what the hell

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Trek to Yomi, now this is a cinematic game. Big explosions, and tons of cutscenes with mocap aren't cinematic experiences for me. They're popcorn experiences. The camera angles, lighting, and presentation are just gorgeous.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Real pissed about Final Fantasy X leaving while I'm mid playthrough. They've not even given it a good sale price, feels like being held hostage a bit.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Played 90 mins of Doom Eternal, playing on normal and so far I've not died yet. I'm hoping I'll be able to stick with normal

Super fun game so far

Real pissed about Final Fantasy X leaving while I'm mid playthrough. They've not even given it a good sale price, feels like being held hostage a bit.

Yeah for longer games they should really give you 3 months notice for when they're going

I mean, in an ideal world they would make the leaving date for every game available the soon as they're added

I expected Octopath to go after a year so didn't play it, yet it's still there, but now I'm too scared to start it because they could take it away any month now

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
Doom Eternal on gamepass pc is super frustrating. I played through it before on gamepass before, but I don't think I had to deal with their drm before. It honestly feels like they don't want me to play the game. Such a bummer.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal

Played 90 mins of Doom Eternal, playing on normal and so far I've not died yet. I'm hoping I'll be able to stick with normal

Super fun game so far

Yeah for longer games they should really give you 3 months notice for when they're going

I mean, in an ideal world they would make the leaving date for every game available the soon as they're added

I expected Octopath to go after a year so didn't play it, yet it's still there, but now I'm too scared to start it because they could take it away any month now

Embrace the FOMO nature of content leaving subscription services~

I don't mind that they don't give us an earlier heads up because they want that FOMO to kick in, for users to buy the games they want to continue enjoying. This keeps Game Pass sustainable which is to the benefit of all subscribers. They could always change this in the future but I think they need to go with what is most sustainable and legal ;)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
games are on the service for 1+ years 90% of the time. It's really on you if you didnt play something you wanted to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.