• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scattershot

Jan 14, 2022
Glad I came here to check this thread. Just moved my Xbox into another room to catch up on some GP games and thought I'd done something to mess up my internet connection. Hope it gets fixed soon.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. Is San Andreas refusing to work for anyone else? I thought I still had a few days left to complete the game.. but it's refusing to let me play on console or through cloud.

Edit: Oh wait, or is it just Xbox Live or something having issues?
came to see what was up with san andreas too lol. Damn, im trying to finish it before it leaves game pass

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I can play Scarlet Nexus when I have the disc inserted, but without it gives the error

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I did the Peggle quest this afternoon on Cloud while my files were saving and had no issue. Glad I got lucky.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I wonder how long the 1 dollar deal will last, I think I've used it like three times now

Netflix stopped offering free trials in October 2020. I'm guessing when Game Pass becomes a household name and they start getting LOTS of subscribers and content on the service, then they can stop offering it. I don't see that happening for a very very long time though (again, see Netflix). Give it another decade or so :)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
huh I actually got a email at work saying our system will be down for an hour because of some MS cloud issue, wonder if its related

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Oh weird o.o I should have checked back. About 15 minutes after my post, I could get into San Andreas (downloaded). Didn't realize the problem has persisted for so long. It is quite annoying when authentication issues prevent us from playing EVERY game, even owned and downloaded ones..

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I just booted my xbox and could launch overwatch(digitally), which I own. Then tried san andreas from gamepass and it didnt work. Now cant launch overwatch again

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Oh weird o.o I should have checked back. About 15 minutes after my post, I could get into San Andreas (downloaded). Didn't realize the problem has persisted for so long. It is quite annoying when authentication issues prevent us from playing EVERY game, even owned and downloaded ones..

Yeah game pass games is one thing but like... i bought and downloaded Final Fantasy IX bros... maybe ya'll should chill the hell out. Kind of a huge problem

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Every time I try to play Tunic it kicks me out after 30 seconds and says there is an outage. I guess this has been going on for hours?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing The Wild At Heart without issue (US East) - is it supposed to randomly kick you? Or only when you try to start a game

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, wasn't even aware there's some big outage. I've been playing Guacamelee (amazing game, btw!) for the past several hours with no issues. I'm in the West Coast, if that matters.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it should be it's own thread seems like a huge issue effecting more then just gamepass. I can't play any game. It is a login issue.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
When I went to play AC Odyssey digital about four hours ago, it said I had to sign in first. I already was signed in. Having no idea there was an outage, I rebooted my XSX. Then AC Odyssey would start, but after less than a minute it would shut down and tell me I had to sign in. I went through that cycle a couple of times before I finally checked confirm it wasn't just me. I streamed youtube and HBO for a while, then I tried again. I've been able to play AC for the last hour with no issues, but Xbox Status website says there's still a major outage. SoCal btw.

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
Trek To Yomi reminds me of playing karateka, a very old game that I play on apple 2 computers in highschool during the 1990s. karateka was also 2d sidescroll

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yes, outage has been detected and they are "close to a fix". Also, for those having a problem with offline mode, make sure your console is set as your home console. That is what enables offline access to digital games.

Xbox Support

UK here and had issues as well, also my console was set to home and it still didn't let me play my own games

I've not tried it in 10 hours though so I'm unsure if it's been resolved now

Naru

May 11, 2019
What the hell is this?!

negjhfD.png

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Couple of chapters into Yakuza 6 and really liking it.

Looks absolutely fantastic, especially the faces.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Couple of chapters into Yakuza 6 and really liking it.

Looks absolutely fantastic, especially the faces.
It was my first Yakuza game (without considering Judgment as a spin-off) and really liked it, from story and characters to gameplay and...
It's a more enjoyable game for people who played previous games, but I like it how they made that game to be a great experience for people like me too.

Dec 4, 2018
Yes, outage has been detected and they are "close to a fix". Also, for those having a problem with offline mode, make sure your console is set as your home console. That is what enables offline access to digital games.

Xbox Support

Want to call out Microsoft on this. The "set console as your home" which I did weeks ago did not help here at all. I still couldn't play games I "owned."

The only game I could play without issue was FFXV.

UK here and had issues as well, also my console was set to home and it still didn't let me play my own games

I've not tried it in 10 hours though so I'm unsure if it's been resolved now

I understand outages but the "set console as home console" bullshit is what really gets to me about the whole situation.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Can't boot any GP game on PC.
And it's saturday, basically the only day off from work. Thanks Microsoft.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I understand outages but the "set console as home console" bullshit is what really gets to me about the whole situation.

Yeah I agree, I hope they fix it so that in future the default is you can play owned games on or offline. I also understand there will be issues on occasion but having your system turned into a brick for 10-15 hours is always going to be unacceptable

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can't boot any GP game on PC.
And it's saturday, basically the only day off from work. Thanks Microsoft.

The guys who are trying to fix the issues are probably having their weekend ruined to a greater extent than those of us who just want to play some games, at least we don't have to work the weekend lol

It does suck though, hopefully they throw people a fiver in credit to make up for it

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah I agree, I hope they fix it so that in future the default is you can play owned games on or offline. I also understand there will be issues on occasion but having your system turned into a brick for 10-15 hours is always going to be unacceptable

It really is beyond asinine that games you own are unplayable now. Gamepass or borrowed games or whatever people doing to share stuff? I can understand makes sense.

Stuff you literally payed for and downloaded... the fact that its not locked in that you get to play it always... completely unacceptable. Hope they get roasted for this forever.

Edit: This morning I was able to play now I cant play anything.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Weird! I started up my console again and had the same problem. Couldn't play any games. I know that I was playing it just fine yesterday for quite a long while. And nothing on the support site. Only difference is that I turned off my console.

So, I restarted my console (not even hard reset), and.. it worked! Wonder what's going on.

Also... I'm maybe halfway through San Andreas. I'll definitely finish the game - my first GTA where I'll do that, probably. And.. I think the game is good! But I also think Saints Row the Third is a better game is basically every way? Iono. I know SRTT came out like 7 years afterward, of course. But Rockstar also had a bigger budget, probably? Iono. Either way, I even like the zany story and characters from Saints Row more.. Which is weird haha.

Maybe I'll make an inflammatory thread once I finish the game haha.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played today so not affected by the current issues but my Internet went down the other day and I couldn't play anything that I owned, one thing I hate about xbox is it turns into a brick without Internet or when there's server problems, my console is set to Home and nothing was working

Status
Not open for further replies.