• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Hey. Is someone's else XCloud instance super laggy? Mine was smooth up until some minutes ago. Now it is super laggy and unbearable.

Edit: it was my device issue. While I was able to get 500+Mbps on every other device, my notebook for some reason was only getting 10Mbps. I restarted its WiFi and it got back to work normally.

Last edited:

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to squeeze in Outlast 2 before it left but it just became a bit too monotonous after two or three hours. It's got some good qualities though like no real combat and all the mechanics with the camera.

Now it has me wondering…when are we getting Village?

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
If anyone ever wants to know what a medically induced ketamine trip feels like, give Superliminal a try.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know where to ask this - anyone having issues unlocking achievements? I did a brief search on Twitter and saw people mentioning it as well.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know where to ask this - anyone having issues unlocking achievements? I did a brief search on Twitter and saw people mentioning it as well.

Snap, I just posted this in the other Xbox topic. I'm having this issue too.

Not just achievements, my stats for the game (time played etc) are also stuck on 0. Been playing Bioshock Infinite in the evening and played Minnerva's Den in the morning. No achievements from either have popped up in either the Xbox or my phone app. And, I've gotten a long way into Infinite now so at the very least I know story based achievements should have popped.

I'm glad it's not just an issue I'm facing.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Snap, I just posted this in the other Xbox topic. I'm having this issue too.

Not just achievements, my stats for the game (time played etc) are also stuck on 0. Been playing Bioshock Infinite in the evening and played Minnerva's Den in the morning. No achievements from either have popped up in either the Xbox or my phone app. And, I've gotten a long way into Infinite now so at the very least I know story based achievements should have popped.

I'm glad it's not just an issue I'm facing.

Yes, I decided it is a Switch gaming night instead I guess. I did some story-related cheevs that should have popped.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

Wait huh?? This is real? I was like it can't be because no one is replying to this bombshell lol. I didn't think we'd see NBA back on Game Pass ever. This is a big deal. Basically every major sports franchise is on Game Pass now, is it not? Even got Cricket last month and Tennis next month. Heck, even all of the entries from different companies in some sports. That's... impressive.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
You're not alone, I started playing the Dark Souls Trilogy and all three games don't unlock the cheevos. I tested out downloading a Game Pass game and the few I tested seem to unlock so... Don't know what's up with that.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Bugsnax has a super "launch game" feel to me because it was probably. Also feels like something I would have played on the OG xbox 20 years ago.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I keep hearing Bugsnax this Bugsnax that, and while when I first saw it I was convinced I should stay far away from it, I wonder if I should at least dive in with game pass and see what it is really about. I have no clue actually.

I felt like it was pretty overlooked/misunderstood since they kept (and I will as well here) a lot of the game details secret and left for the player to discover on their own.

Like, for example, can you spoiler (at least some hints) of what you are referring to, for someone who never showed interest in the game (me)?

To me, from what I remember from the reveal trailer and what little I've seen, it just looked like a first person conversational adventure about weird colorful creatures... maybe with mature languange. And that's that. Probably very removed from what it really is...?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
FYI, my phone started blowing up today with a dozen or so achievement notifications from the day(s) before, so looks like the issue has been fixed.

Eh... it definitely didn't fix for me. I tested an achievement and it did pop, but the ones I [should have] popped last night are still locked.

Hopefully I can grab them in a chapter select of some kind in a replay.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Like, for example, can you spoiler (at least some hints) of what you are referring to, for someone who never showed interest in the game (me)?

To me, from what I remember from the reveal trailer and what little I've seen, it just looked like a first person conversational adventure about weird colorful creatures... maybe with mature languange. And that's that. Probably very removed from what it really is...?
That's what it is, but it has super strong characterization and fantastic writing. It's weird and heartwarming.

Fantastic game that punches well above its weight.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Tried Unsouled for just under an hour, wasn't for me. Game felt insanely mechanically dense, the first 20 minutes it keeps throwing new mechanics at you. The controls never felt really dialed in the way that a Hades or Dead Cells does. There's potential, but there are so many games in this space already

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
jed on his mission to kill every Chen out there

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Sniper Elite V4 a couple of days ago with V5 coming out soon. Because the game is so similar throughout, I ended up just rushing to the main objectives instead of clearing the levels. I think I enjoyed it more that way. I'd eventually get caught so just saying fuck it and using all suppressed ammo and then killing folks after that was satisfying. I'm looking forward to V5 but maybe as a fall game.

I was basically able to reset Empire of Sin by going hard on the warfront and connecting my territories again. That's also gained me a protected territory that I can start investing into. I'll be interested to see how things change once I've got the neighborhood locked down.

Thinking I should go back and finish Hades. Did one successful run and it really deflated my desire to to repeat that again for story. The levels themselves just are not engaging enough to keep redoing it.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
What ya find odd about it? Just finished the game here, seemed to make sense to me :P
Kind of sudden and a bit ridiculous that Jed just pulls a gun out and shoots Alex and she survives a giant fall lol.

I guess it kind of makes sense with how it all ties back to the first mine collapse and how Jed was a "guarantee" vote profile and why he was taking such good care of her (and even Gabe?).

It just felt a little ridiculous that Alex found the locket 12 years later in a mine under collapse that happened to be her Father's. I think Gabe went to Haven to track down his Dad to make amends based on the notes and things, which is why that connection is there. But idk it didnt really land for me. It felt a bit contrived.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of sudden and a bit ridiculous that Jed just pulls a gun out and shoots Alex and she survives a giant fall lol.

I guess it kind of makes sense with how it all ties back to the first mine collapse and how Jed was a "guarantee" vote profile and why he was taking such good care of her (and even Gabe?).

It just felt a little ridiculous that Alex found the locket 12 years later in a mine under collapse that happened to be her Father's. I think Gabe went to Haven to track down his Dad to make amends based on the notes and things, which is why that connection is there. But idk it didnt really land for me. It felt a bit contrived.

Ah

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

Rumor: Battlefield 2042 and FIFA 22 will be added to PC Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate (via EA Play) on May 5th

Apparently both games are showing up as being available to Xbox Gamepass Ultimate members on foreign Xbox stores. German Xbox News site Xbox Dynasty says they're available but not able to be downloaded...

Fifa 22 makes sense since it's also hitting PS+, BF2042 might make sense this early to try and salvage it with more eyes on it.

Either way, May is going to be super stacked

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I like Superliminal a lot but I think it really overstayed its welcome. I played Gorogoa a few days ago and boy... what a tight well paced awesome experience.

I think it has a big problem with introducing new, interesting variations on its mechanics and then doing nothing with them past that. Maybe a more involved narrative would've helped. But it's also the only game that has ever made me think "yeah, I remember this hallucination."

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017

Exactly. This installment has the best characters but the
villain is just bad. I wish the story was more interesting but the ending still managed to feel satisfying, despite my issues with it. Everything in between was pretty bland in related to the "mystery". The emotion gimmick was underwhelming. I expected things to change the whole way you interacting with the game.

I was disappointed overall.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not since Death's Door have I been so bummed a indie game isn't day 1 on GP, but here we are again with Rogue Legacy 2.

and similar to Death's Door, its also not on switch at launch so I cant even go that route to play at work (and honestly for a rogue like I would prefer it). So, much like Death's Door, guess I'll wait and hope it hits GP in the future.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
Keeping my GPU maxed out thanks to microsoft rewards is awesome.

v18PbD2.png

5W5LIE0.png

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Exactly. This installment has the best characters but the
villain is just bad. I wish the story was more interesting but the ending still managed to feel satisfying, despite my issues with it. Everything in between was pretty bland in related to the "mystery". The emotion gimmick was underwhelming. I expected things to change the whole way you interacting with the game.

I was disappointed overall.
I didn't feel like any choices really made a difference other than romance options and even that was pretty minimal.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Tried Unsouled for just under an hour, wasn't for me. Game felt insanely mechanically dense, the first 20 minutes it keeps throwing new mechanics at you. The controls never felt really dialed in the way that a Hades or Dead Cells does. There's potential, but there are so many games in this space already
yeah, its early access, but made me realize why other games drip and drop new moves etc. so much reading!

I played about an hour as well, some of the perspective stuff was cool though, did you ge to the first boss who can throw you at the wall or walking into the sand storm right after?

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Wait huh?? This is real? I was like it can't be because no one is replying to this bombshell lol. I didn't think we'd see NBA back on Game Pass ever. This is a big deal. Basically every major sports franchise is on Game Pass now, is it not? Even got Cricket last month and Tennis next month. Heck, even all of the entries from different companies in some sports. That's... impressive.
i never play sports games but wanted to mess around with it cuase teh animations are nuts, but doesnt seem to really let you play via cloud. keeps saying im offline

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
www.resetera.com

Rumor: Battlefield 2042 and FIFA 22 will be added to PC Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate (via EA Play) on May 5th

Apparently both games are showing up as being available to Xbox Gamepass Ultimate members on foreign Xbox stores. German Xbox News site Xbox Dynasty says they're available but not able to be downloaded...

Fifa 22 makes sense since it's also hitting PS+, BF2042 might make sense this early to try and salvage it with more eyes on it.

Either way, May is going to be super stacked

Plus they have that Stalker 2 hole to fill that was coming in April, which they've known awhile - even before the war. I've been speculating a couple GP bangers were coming in March and April.

So Guardians, The Show 22 and then one more. My guess continues to be they get EA to put Battlefield 2042 in. It's underperforming and could use some good PR and an increased player base maybe sell a few season passes or whatever. And Xbox promotes another big title available. Win win. Even if it sucks, it looks good in the PR and catalog.

Player count for 2042 is below Battlefield 4 supposedly. Woof.
Ooooo! I called 2042, and now I feel smart. /happydance

(If I ignore all the predictions I've gotten wrong, I'm 100%!)

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
i never play sports games but wanted to mess around with it cuase teh animations are nuts, but doesnt seem to really let you play via cloud. keeps saying im offline
Yes. Known bug, I believe. SpartyCrunch (who may still be on vacation). I reported this back when NBA 2k...20? got added to Game Pass way back when lol. Happens with other online games like Elder Scrolls Online and EA sports games often. It like... sometimes works the first time you connect, but then can't reconnect for a while or something. I can't remember if there was a solution here, unfortunately.

Well.. I think, anyway. I obviously know nothing lol.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't feel like any choices really made a difference other than romance options and even that was pretty minimal.

Your choices impact
who on the council supports you in the end. Even then I think you still get the same choice to leave/stay (maybe?) but each of the major characters can swing to shout for your support.
It doesn't have a mechanical effect but it definitely changes how you perceive things depending on the choices you've made

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Your choices impact
who on the council supports you in the end. Even then I think you still get the same choice to leave/stay (maybe?) but each of the major characters can swing to shout for your support.
It doesn't have a mechanical effect but it definitely changes how you perceive things depending on the choices you've made
I had a feeling that was the case, but yeah it didn't impact the actual ending it seemed so it's like whatever yknow

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah
it doesn't have multiple endings but it still felt good getting the majority of the townspeople on my side. I missed out on the cop and Ryan but whatever

Well...

It does kinda have multiple endings in the sense that you can either choose to stay in the town or leave, and also what your relationship status is and who it is with.

Granted, it's not something extremely divergent like LiS 1 where the entire fuckin' town gets destroyed but ya know ...

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Well...

It does kinda have multiple endings in the sense that you can either choose to stay in the town or leave, and also what your relationship status is and who it is with.

Granted, it's not something extremely divergent like LiS 1 where the entire fuckin' town gets destroyed but ya know ...

Yeah sorry I meant
in the context of having your choices change the endings you get. As far as I know you get to choose to leave and stay no matter what. I also think Steph supports you no matter what so if you're in a relationship with her she'd probably follow you regardless of your other choices.

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
I want to buy NieR Replicant in the latest sale, but I'm convinced it'll be added to Game Pass sooner rather than later. It's been a year since release now…

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
I was getting my ass kicked with weird west but it feels like i turned a corner and have a better handle on it now.

that early dive roll thing was pretty important to get down it seems

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Just started the career in NBA 2k22 and uhh... did they make this an open world MMO (lite)? Or is it just me. Literal "quest givers" in the city...

Status
Not open for further replies.