• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Banged out Death's Door over the weekend - that was a fun little game. Really enjoyable once you get
The grappling hook and the subsequent upgrade

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Banged out Death's Door over the weekend - that was a fun little game. Really enjoyable once you get
The grappling hook and the subsequent upgrade
It's my GOTY 2021! Loved it and yes I agree with your spoiler. I just never tire of that Metroidvania design, once you unlock a new ability and you suddenly think back to all the places you couldn't get to before, and it was done well in this game :)

Amazing soundtrack too.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Played an episode a day of True Colors and really liked it. Still do feel like the $60 price tag was really high for the game though, so I'm glad I waited (heard it was pretty buggy on launch too but it seemed fine now). Character wise this was easily the best LiS for me, might have an IRL crush on Alex now tbh.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
It's my GOTY 2021! Loved it and yes I agree with your spoiler. I just never tire of that Metroidvania design, once you unlock a new ability and you suddenly think back to all the places you couldn't get to before, and it was done well in this game :)

Amazing soundtrack too.

Yes really enjoyable soundtrack - I was watching an actual play so I did turn the music down but could still hear most of it in the background. I wish there was a map or some way to tell what I have/have not collected, specifically because I have a really bad memory but for the most part actually navigating and playing through the levels was fine. I also just found out there is a
true ending so I might go back and try and wrap it all up before I uninstall it.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Question for those who've gotten 100% completion in 999 in the Nonary Games collection:

My initial playthrough, I went through door 4...and eventually got the submarine ending.
For my second ending, I went through door 5 and am about to get the safe ending.

For my third ending, I would like to get the true ending, which I have looked up how to obtain already (hence why I chose to do the safe ending second). On my initial playthrough, I made two of the choices that are required to get the true ending. Since in my second ending, I went through completely different doors from my initial playthrough, I'm hoping that I can go to the flowchart to pick between Doors 4/5, and then immediately use the flowchart again to jump to the choice between Doors 3/7/8, replaying nothing else in between (note: I know the correct sequence for the doors for the true ending, just trying not to spoil here).

Since my second ending was a different path with completely mutually exclusive doors, I'm basically assuming that the choices I made on my first playthrough will still be retained, since I did not face those same choices again in my second ending (e.g. have not "overwritten" those choices and assuming they persist). Is this correct and how it works?

I'm basically just trying to efficiently get through the rest of the endings and replaying as little as possible. Really would like to avoid replaying the escape puzzles that I've already completed, especially, if possible...

Not sure when it happens but you should see locks on the routes/rooms where the decisions happen. There's two color coordinated ones and you basically can warp directly into the convo needed, you never have to redo any of the rooms.

In general I believe you are right and that it "remembers" the initial route, but reversing and going the other directions is incredibly quick. 999 originally never had this so it made the game much, much simpler.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Re: The Music, it's a shame that the Snoozy Kazoo YT channel doesn't have longer versions of the songs, because some of them are downright infectious:

----------

Game itself was fine and charming. If it was any longer than it ended up being then I would've soured on it. Hell, they probably could've shaved another 30 minutes off if they cut out a lot of the backtracking.

Really enjoyed this song, just as a nice kinda catchy tune at the breezy beginning of the game. Wasn't until I looked at the comments that I noticed the air raid sirens integrated into the music. And maybe percussion of the bombs dropping.. Damn lol...

Yes really enjoyable soundtrack - I was watching an actual play so I did turn the music down but could still hear most of it in the background. I wish there was a map or some way to tell what I have/have not collected, specifically because I have a really bad memory but for the most part actually navigating and playing through the levels was fine. I also just found out there is a
true ending so I might go back and try and wrap it all up before I uninstall it.
I was like, wait there's another ending? And I looked it up, and I realized that I actually did it already haha. Maybe not the most rewarding end to doing the extra work, but it was a nice feeling to put a bow on my experience. Loved the game - though, I'm glad I played it before Tunic. I think that was the right order to appreciate both games fully.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I was like, wait there's another ending? And I looked it up, and I realized that I actually did it already haha. Maybe not the most rewarding end to doing the extra work, but it was a nice feeling to put a bow on my experience. Loved the game - though, I'm glad I played it before Tunic. I think that was the right order to appreciate both games fully.

I did most of it but this last bit is going to kill me especially with no checklist. I might just give up at this point lmao

edit: ok took me another hour but I did it. definitely not worth the ending lmao but still a fun game in the end

Last edited:

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
the xbox port of pillars of eternity 2 is extremely rough or is just me? for whatever reason until i restarted the game i couldnt switch characters, so i couldnt level them up and it wouldnt let me hold the interact button to basically do any stuff lol

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
I did most of it but this last bit is going to kill me especially with no checklist. I might just give up at this point lmao

edit: ok took me another hour but I did it. definitely not worth the ending lmao but still a fun game in the end

If you beat the game without the true ending there's a cave where it'll tell you what you missed.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I randomly downloaded NBA Live 19 lol because I am in playoff basketball mode. Its crazy how good the game looks. Like its not even an X/S enhanced game so I guess its the xbox one version but damn does it look better than next gen 2K. Always was a Live fan just because I find it a lot more fun and less technical than 2K. Also, 2K is guttertrash with microtransactions and Live 19 for the most part cuts that out completely. Really wish EA would bring this franchise back.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I "finished" playing forager. Got all the possible gear, chests, NPCs and whatnot. The only things that remain are achievements that would only take my time and bring no enjoyment other than bragging rights.

To the next game. I'll think I'll go with Tunic, and maybe I'll try Unpacking and Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion at the same time, as they both should take 3 hours each to finish.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Yet another 'Guardians of the Galaxy was great!' post. Great story and performances from the cast. Combat was good - always fun firing off everyone's ultimate skills one after the other.

Finally time for Death's Door next I think

Naru

May 11, 2019
I did the "3 yeard Gold to Ultimate" thing and started playing Guardians of the Galaxy on PC. I am using an Xbox controller but have the PS5 button prompts. The Google results are only about Steam. Anyone knows how I can have Xbox prompts on Gamepass?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I did the "3 yeard Gold to Ultimate" thing and started playing Guardians of the Galaxy on PC. I am using an Xbox controller but have the PS5 button prompts. The Google results are only about Steam. Anyone knows how I can have Xbox prompts on Gamepass?
That's really strange. You don't have any other software running like ds4 windows

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I finished Mighty Goose last night and I really loved that game. The post-ending bonus level is also amazing. If you like Metal Slug-style games you should definitely check it out. I thought the difficulty was perfect, so that means many of you will find it too easy, but don't let that dissuade you. It's a great game.

tiza blanca

May 9, 2020
I don't think there's a way to 'fix' the Dualshock prompt on GotG. It didn't even seem like a bug, just looked like the devs forgot to replace the assets.

FirstBlood

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
I had the same issue with the button prompts and it randomly switched back to Xbox a few hours in. Very odd (and makes QTEs and some contextual prompts very annoying!)

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Finished Turnip Boy. A fun couple of hours with some great music.

Any impressions of Norco ?
Norco is great if you're into a lot of reading and flowery prose. It's got a great aesthetic and vibe to it. It's mainly reading though, almost a VN with a few adventure game type puzzles / interactions thrown in to break it up a bit.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Turnip boy is pretty fun, however it's weird to me how the performance tanks when in the starting area with the Mayor. Noticeably choppy FPS. On a Series S.

Apr 24, 2018
I think you might have to replay a lot of it. But.. let me tell you, the skip dialogue buttons are a godsend. You can get through those scenes pretty dang quick. If you've already done the choices at the beginning, you actually might be able to skip right to it. I did the true ending before I did the safe ending, which netted me the coffin ending. Once that happened, I did the safe ending, and then I could jump straight to the true ending without replaying. So.. I can't answer for sure, but maybe it won't be that bad. Either way, you can speedrun rooms plenty quick when you know the solutions.

Not sure when it happens but you should see locks on the routes/rooms where the decisions happen. There's two color coordinated ones and you basically can warp directly into the convo needed, you never have to redo any of the rooms.

In general I believe you are right and that it "remembers" the initial route, but reversing and going the other directions is incredibly quick. 999 originally never had this so it made the game much, much simpler.
Thanks to you, both. I actually just wound up seeing the locks appear after completing the "Safe" ending. I haven't gone through Door 7 at all previously, so I just picked Door 4 and then skipped immediately to Door 7 and will see what happens. I should get a new ending, regardless, with this path.

I had read about the DS version not having a flow chart and that must have been brutal; I definitely would have stopped immediately after one ending if I was playing that version, haha. I typically dislike re-experiencing anything in any medium, so good to know about not having to redo any of the rooms.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It looks like This War of Mine: Final Cut is coming to Game Pass in May

RESEARCH and DESTROY (by Spike Chunsoft) got added and so did 7 Days to Die

RESEARCH and DESTROY looks like an Valkyria Chronicles-like game with AI: The Somnium Files, Zero Escape, Steins; Gate, Danganonpa DLC added

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017

RESEARCH and DESTROY looks like an Valkyria Chronicles-like game with AI: The Somnium Files, Zero Escape, Steins; Gate, Danganonpa DLC added

Should note that the DLC looks to just be costumes with no effect on gameplay. $9.99 on the game pass store for all 4

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
RESEARCH and DESTROY is not the best game in the world, and first impressions are that it is very simple, but it seems well made, and probably will find an audience

There does not seem to be any voice work in the game at all, which makes it seem a bit dead, and the music loops are VERY short, but the gameplay can be fun

I only did the tutorial and level 1 of the single player campaign but I will probably play more

It seems like a cult-3DS game that fell out of time

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
RESEARCH and DESTROY is not the best game in the world, and first impressions are that it is very simple, but it seems well made, and probably will find an audience

There does not seem to be any voice work in the game at all, which makes it seem a bit dead, and the music loops are VERY short, but the gameplay can be fun

I only did the tutorial and level 1 of the single player campaign but I will probably play more

Oh I just checked out the trailer, looks indeed like my type of game. Thx.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017

yeah agree with you there - there's some fun quirks, the weapons feel pretty good on controller and the overworld stuff looks interesting. I like that there doesn't seem to be the valkyria chronicles time/turn limit other than just spawning more enemies.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yet another 'Guardians of the Galaxy was great!' post. Great story and performances from the cast. Combat was good - always fun firing off everyone's ultimate skills one after the other.

Finally time for Death's Door next I think

Quick note with Death's Door

If you also want to play Tunic, or have played one or the other recently, space them out a little as they're kind of similar in combat style but really different in feel, and I feel like playing both close to each other would do both games a disservice

That said, both games are fantastic so enjoy!

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Quick note with Death's Door

If you also want to play Tunic, or have played one or the other recently, space them out a little as they're kind of similar in combat style but really different in feel, and I feel like playing both close to each other would do both games a disservice

That said, both games are fantastic so enjoy!
Good to know. I started Tunic right now and I was planning on playing Death's Door after it maybe. So I'll play some games in between them.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Good to know. I started Tunic right now and I was planning on playing Death's Door after it maybe. So I'll play some games in between them.

Yeah, depending on what you expect / prefer, Tunic has a lot better world and exploration due to its secrets and puzzle nature, but Death's Door has a more straightforward map (even if many people get lost and ask for a map) and much better combat overall. Tunic for the secrets and puzzles, Death's Door for the combat and quicker progress.

They are not even that similar in the end, but I can see the benefit of spacing them out too.

Astronomer

Aug 22, 2019
I've completed Gorogoa. Original and beautiful puzzle game. It's extremely short and that's why you should play it. Just 1 hour of art and inspired/original puzzle.

And now I am playing Lost in Random. I adore the settings

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

how the fuck do you call the lady Marie instead of Mary?

Larry, Gary, Mary it was right there

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can we expect FIFA 22 in a few days? Last time, EA added FIFA 21 to EA Play about 7 months after release and now it's time for FIFA 22, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.