• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Empire of Sin again because I was feeling both that gameplay style and that era. They seemed to have made things harder with updates as my territory was now deeply in the red when before it was making me a few hundred dollars. I had to start a war to try and stay solvent while also connecting my areas. Luckily they still let you ambush in the off-time to heal your team up rather than use up healing items. Need to start investing in better gear as I'll run out of scrubs to farm.

Dropped Streets of Rage 4. Just felt clunky.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Because Codemaster didn't make a Microsoft store version of the game. Steam, Epic & Origin/EA are Win32 app stores. Microsoft store is a UWP store.

Microsoft has announced support for win32 app in the microsoft store but it still on preview & there's a wait list for approval.
That doesn't explain the real issue which is why it was never on Origin or EA Desktop in the first place to therefore be part of EA Play. No MS Store version would be required in that case, just like everything else on EA Play.

Even if we ignore how game pass and EA Play works on PC, we have seen MS Store versions of games - that didn't exist before - launch whenever the title comes to game pass.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Because Codemaster didn't make a Microsoft store version of the game. Steam, Epic & Origin/EA are Win32 app stores. Microsoft store is a UWP store.

Microsoft has announced support for win32 app in the microsoft store but it still on preview & there's a wait list for approval.
Games on the MS Store have been Win32 for ages. UWP, for all intents and purposes, is dead.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
we need a site or someone with a PDF (lol) compiling the day 1 releases, I always forget whats coming :(

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
ive been playing lost in random and ive been enjoying but im at the last zone of the game and its absolutely fucking bullshit. i dont know what they were thinking, im sure they didnt test it because i cant understand how made it through otherwise.

Last edited:

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Given Dotemu's recent history with GP, and the timing of the Xbox showcase, I am kinda hoping The new TMNT game from them is day 1 Gamepass. Any rumours to that effect?

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed that Sniper Elite 5 is no longer listed under "Coming Soon". Hopefully it's still going to be included in Game Pass.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
ive been playing lost in random and ive been enjoying but im at the last zone of the game and its absolutely fucking bullshit. i dont know what they were thinking, im sure they didnt test it because i cant understand how made it through otherwise.

in what way? I finished it the other day and nothing about the last zone felt any different from the rest.

Oct 28, 2017
Good lord AI The Somnium Files is so good. One of the GOAT visual novels for sure. I have my doubts I'll play another game as good as this for the rest of the year.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I just noticed that Sniper Elite 5 is no longer listed under "Coming Soon". Hopefully it's still going to be included in Game Pass.

Things don't change all of the sudden, the game's website and twitter account both say the game is on gamepass at launch.

Given Dotemu's recent history with GP, and the timing of the Xbox showcase, I am kinda hoping The new TMNT game from them is day 1 Gamepass. Any rumours to that effect?

That would be pretty great and yeah, Streets of Rage and Windjammers 2 were both gamepass releases both from Dotemu.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the fucking healing stones, theres one combat that took me like 25 minutes because the fuckers didnt die. other than that has been alright but damn it got me angry.

ah yes those shits, I forgot. When I realized what was happening I just backed up and let them come to me outside the range of the heals (and focused 1). By then I was just using the hammer and the better bow shot so I had nice dmg even if they healed a bit.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
ah yes those shits, I forgot. When I realized what was happening I just backed up and let them come to me outside the range of the heals (and focused 1). By then I was just using the hammer and the better bow shot so I had nice dmg even if they healed a bit.
the second one had a bunch of electrified knights and shielded dudes that made my melee cards irrelevant so i needed a specific combo of ranged ones and randomness was not kind to me lol

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I was going to comment on how great it was that a game on my Steam wishlist was on PC GP but right now I can't install anything on GP and I've spent 2 hours on the phone with MS support who just tried to transfer me to Xbox support which immediately hung up on my because they're apparently closed. Fuuuuuck

Oct 28, 2017
More AI Somnium Files mind blown reactions.

BODY SWAPPING?!Holy shit the killer swapped bodies with each victim and moved on to the next. I need to think back through each timeline and think who's body the killer was in and when. Jesus christ. Incredible. THIS. GAME.
OH I THINK I GET IT HOLY SHIT!

Hasn't been confirmed yet so I could be wrong. But I think I really am the original cyclops killer. Date. Six years ago he swapped in to someone else's body, but didn't kill Date for whatever reason maybe they couldn't. Dates's memories were lost and he became a shell sort of. Meanwhile the killer who was in Date's body previously, moved on to whoever. Whether that was Shoko or even someone else before her I'm not sure.

Alright time to stop for the night. Lots to digest. Wow.

Last edited:

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues with GamePass quests not working? I'm trying to do my daily quest and it's not registering.

EDIT: Nevermind, solved. Someone online said to try the GamePass app and that did the trick.

Last edited:

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020

BODY SWAPPING?!Holy shit the killer swapped bodies with each victim and moved on to the next. I need to think back through each timeline and think who's body the killer was in and when. Jesus christ. Incredible. THIS. GAME.

Hasn't been confirmed yet so I could be wrong. But I think I really am the original cyclops killer. Date. Six years ago he swapped in to someone else's body, but didn't kill Date for whatever reason maybe they couldn't. Dates's memories were lost and he became a shell sort of. Meanwhile the killer who was in Date's body previously, moved on to whoever. Whether that was Shoko or even someone else before her I'm not sure.

the games so good. love this posts so much.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Would you recommend to check out the Nonary games before jumping into AI?

Oct 28, 2017
Would you recommend to check out the Nonary games before jumping into AI?
Doesn't really matter they're not related you're not gonna be spoiled on anything either way. But AI is much, much better than 999 imo.

There isn't any story connections between those two games, so you can play either series w/o fear of spoiling the other. If pressed, I'd say the AI first b/c you'll have time to cool down before the sequel.
Wait, are you talking about AI or Zero Escape here? Does AI have a sequel/is it getting one?

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
1000/1000 on Besiege.

Fun stuff. Ended up playing a lot of it by searching for things people have made already on the workshop which is nicely integrated into the game.

Funny being able to get the Series X down to single digit frames as well when you have some insane creation with 9999 bombs exploding all at once.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up Nobody Saves the World. Fun game but I preferred Guacamelee's gameplay and the "grinding" in Nobody Saves the World got a little annoying near the end.

Also it's pretty silly how the big reveal is that it was all your fault at the end. There's also very little point in giving the player dialogue options most of the time because they end up saying the same thing. Just move the conversation on, don't make me choose!

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
im starting pillars of eternity 2 on xbox but it doesnt import my save from the first one. and i just checked online and is because this is not a feature on console? this sucks a considerable amount of ass. like they should let you know when playing the first because its been a year and i dont recall every choice i made.

this is extremely disappointing to be honest

Oct 28, 2017
Alright just finished AI The Somnium Files.

WHAT. A. GAME.

It's always a worry with games like this that whilst the journey is good, that the destination will disappoint. That the ending won't be nailed. That the final reveals wont live up to the mysteries. Not the case here. Fantastic finale that was built up to so well. The connection you have to the characters over the course of the game was amazing amd it's something you don't necessarily realise until you get to the end.

Not gonna lie I legit started crying when Aiba sacrificed herself. I didn't realise how much I loved Aiba until that moment. Couldn't stop myself I had to have a good cry there. Needed that long breather after that where you're just chatting to every character in the game. And then.......

I jumped out of my seat when I saw Aiba alive! I was so happy I could have cried again. And then the credits roll with that goddamn dance number. I could do nothing but stand up and applaud. What a game. What a journey. That is absolutely one of my all time favourite visual novels.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
im starting pillars of eternity 2 on xbox but it doesnt import my save from the first one. and i just checked online and is because this is not a feature on console? this sucks a considerable amount of ass. like they should let you know when playing the first because its been a year and i dont recall every choice i made.

ok, deadfire has a extremely in depth legacy selector that lets you select the choices you did in the first game. i just spent two hours on this checking wikis and rewatching my end game slides and i think i got it pretty much right, i did change one companion (aloth) ending tho.

that was actually pretty fun and it served as a reminder of how amazing the world of eora is, but it doesnt change the fact that not being able to import your save is absolutely fucking wack.

Sigin

Oct 29, 2017

I had the same problem. I did the same, saw some wikis and made the choises by hand. But that was really disappointing.
I also didn't like the setting in deadfire. The first one was excellent. I was really immersed. The second one I even disliked the loading screens.... I'm in the last hours of the game for months...

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I'm like 90-120 minutes in and can safely say the world needs more games like Lost in Random. I love when a whole universe is created around a single theme like in this game. The battle mechanics are really creative and fun as well. I enjoy the writing, too. Fe was interesting but lacking in a few regards but Lost in Random from the same team is really worth checking out. Echoing the Tim Burton vibes as well. Play it, people! :)

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Just finished Turnip Boy commits Tax Evasion. Good, simple fun little game. I immediately turned off motion panning in the video settings. It's not super long, the story is nothing too crazy - though, it gets a tiny bit darker than I expected. I thought much of the music was REALLY GOOD actually. I especially appreciated the singing in the final boss (in Japanese o.o) and in the credits. Well done to the team.

Also, might be the first game I've seen where someone credits their two moms, which is cool in its own way.

Not my favorite. A little too clunky and imprecise for my tastes. It does go some places. I put in a few hours into it, but no desire to go back after that.

Apr 24, 2018
Question for those who've gotten 100% completion in 999 in the Nonary Games collection:

My initial playthrough, I went through door 4...and eventually got the submarine ending.
For my second ending, I went through door 5 and am about to get the safe ending.

For my third ending, I would like to get the true ending, which I have looked up how to obtain already (hence why I chose to do the safe ending second). On my initial playthrough, I made two of the choices that are required to get the true ending. Since in my second ending, I went through completely different doors from my initial playthrough, I'm hoping that I can go to the flowchart to pick between Doors 4/5, and then immediately use the flowchart again to jump to the choice between Doors 3/7/8, replaying nothing else in between (note: I know the correct sequence for the doors for the true ending, just trying not to spoil here).

Since my second ending was a different path with completely mutually exclusive doors, I'm basically assuming that the choices I made on my first playthrough will still be retained, since I did not face those same choices again in my second ending (e.g. have not "overwritten" those choices and assuming they persist). Is this correct and how it works?

I'm basically just trying to efficiently get through the rest of the endings and replaying as little as possible. Really would like to avoid replaying the escape puzzles that I've already completed, especially, if possible...

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Just dropping in to say that I sacrificed myself for you all by playing Crossfire X's free campaign and a few matches of multiplayer.

I had a good time tbh. Multiplayer, after some controller adjustments was fun (still only a couple maps which is sad) and the free campaign kept me interested throughout, and the lore was a big part of that. It's a very linear affair, but with all the open world games out right now, I needed something else. I plan on picking up the second campaign. Always have been a big fan of 2000's corridor shooters.

So if you bailed after the failed launch or forgot it existed...I don't blame you. Just dropping my impressions as of late April.
Thanks for this, I'll definitely give it a shot next time I'm in the mood for some straightforward shooting

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Question for those who've gotten 100% completion in 999 in the Nonary Games collection:

My initial playthrough, I went through door 4...and eventually got the submarine ending.
For my second ending, I went through door 5 and am about to get the safe ending.

For my third ending, I would like to get the true ending, which I have looked up how to obtain already (hence why I chose to do the safe ending second). On my initial playthrough, I made two of the choices that are required to get the true ending. Since in my second ending, I went through completely different doors from my initial playthrough, I'm hoping that I can go to the flowchart to pick between Doors 4/5, and then immediately use the flowchart again to jump to the choice between Doors 3/7/8, replaying nothing else in between (note: I know the correct sequence for the doors for the true ending, just trying not to spoil here).

Since my second ending was a different path with completely mutually exclusive doors, I'm basically assuming that the choices I made on my first playthrough will still be retained, since I did not face those same choices again in my second ending (e.g. have not "overwritten" those choices and assuming they persist). Is this correct and how it works?

I'm basically just trying to efficiently get through the rest of the endings and replaying as little as possible. Really would like to avoid replaying the escape puzzles that I've already completed, especially, if possible...
I think you might have to replay a lot of it. But.. let me tell you, the skip dialogue buttons are a godsend. You can get through those scenes pretty dang quick. If you've already done the choices at the beginning, you actually might be able to skip right to it. I did the true ending before I did the safe ending, which netted me the coffin ending. Once that happened, I did the safe ending, and then I could jump straight to the true ending without replaying. So.. I can't answer for sure, but maybe it won't be that bad. Either way, you can speedrun rooms plenty quick when you know the solutions.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Turnip Boy commits Tax Evasion. Good, simple fun little game. I immediately turned off motion panning in the video settings. It's not super long, the story is nothing too crazy - though, it gets a tiny bit darker than I expected. I thought much of the music was REALLY GOOD actually. I especially appreciated the singing in the final boss (in Japanese o.o) and in the credits. Well done to the team.

Also, might be the first game I've seen where someone credits their two moms, which is cool in its own way.

Re: The Music, it's a shame that the Snoozy Kazoo YT channel doesn't have longer versions of the songs, because some of them are downright infectious:

----------

Game itself was fine and charming. If it was any longer than it ended up being then I would've soured on it. Hell, they probably could've shaved another 30 minutes off if they cut out a lot of the backtracking.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Re: The Music, it's a shame that the Snoozy Kazoo YT channel doesn't have longer versions of the songs, because some of them are downright infectious:

----------

Game itself was fine and charming. If it was any longer than it ended up being then I would've soured on it. Hell, they probably could've shaved another 30 minutes off if they cut out a lot of the backtracking.

Woah, this is cool. Thanks! And yea, I agree. Even as it was, 30 mins shorter and more streamlined might have been perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.