• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2020
The gf and me played through It Takes Two and absolutely loved it!
Now looking for a new local coop game to set our teeth in, going to try A Way Out but up for some suggestions?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The gf and me played through It Takes Two and absolutely loved it!
Now looking for a new local coop game to set our teeth in, going to try A Way Out but up for some suggestions?

Phogs is really good for what you want I think

I think this might be close to all the games with co-op options if you want as list

Stardew Valley
Terraria
Battletoads
Gang Beasts
Streets of Rage 4
Worms W.M.D
Quake
Gears of War (maybe all the games?)
DOOM II
Golf With Your Friends
Mighty Goose
Nuclear Throne
The Ascent
Unsighted
Human Fall Flat
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Overcooked 2
Minecraft
A Way Out
Totally Reliable Delivery Service
Goat Simulator
Goat Simulator
Unravel Two
Minecraft Dungeons

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I tried booting up Outer Wilds on PC via Gamepass and it won't load up the menu screen. Anyone run into this issue?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I think this might be close to all the games with co-op options if you want as list

Stardew Valley
Terraria
Battletoads
Gang Beasts
Streets of Rage 4
Worms W.M.D
Quake
DOOM II
Golf With Your Friends
Mighty Goose
Nuclear Throne
The Ascent
Unsighted
Human Fall Flat
Overcooked 2
Minecraft
A Way Out
Goat Simulator
Goat Simulator
Unravel Two
Minecraft Dungeons

Children of Morta is a great game with co-op.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
I finished Ori 1 and 2 on game pass last week...

Ori2 was SO MUCH better than Ori1. The badge skill system from Hallow Knight works very well here. Man do they love those super long no checkpoint chasing sequences lol. I appreciate they made the effort to tone it down a bit in the sequel. But you can just feel their passion on those and they couldn't help but include a chase anywhere they can :D

Overall, visual and music are crazy good! Ori 2 was probably the highest production value 2D metroidvaina game in years.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know the simplest way to launch Gamepass games on PC through Steam?

I've tried Playnite as an alternative, but Steam's Big Picture Mode still is the most hassle-free way to launch games, as you can use different controllers and set up controller profiles for each game. Basically, I want to be able to use a PS5 controller on a Gamepass game, if I so choose.

Some Googling suggests using a program called GloSC, so I just wanted to check here first if that's the best tool for the job.

Feb 4, 2018

Stardew Valley
Terraria
Battletoads
Gang Beasts
Streets of Rage 4
Worms W.M.D
Quake
DOOM II
Golf With Your Friends
Mighty Goose
Nuclear Throne
The Ascent
Unsighted
Human Fall Flat
Overcooked 2
Minecraft
A Way Out
Goat Simulator
Goat Simulator
Unravel Two
Minecraft Dungeons

My gf loves Phogs—great coop pick

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I tried starting The Long Dark again this weekend as it's one of the Monthly Quests. And I got to the "town" and talked to the person in the house on the first episode of the narrative content, and then I went outside and it's too dark to see. But it's too dark in the house to see too. So what am I supposed to do? Just stand in the house until daylight? Is there any way to just pass time? I know I have 8 matches that I can use to provide temporary lighting, but it seems like I'll probably need those to start fires. I'm not a big survival game guy, and I know this is a pretty hardcore one, but there is something about it I was enjoying until the game turned to night time and it became unplayable. Any tips?

Apr 24, 2018
Hoping for a 10K punch card soon...so many relatively short/easy games for (or near) 1K gamer score live on Game Pass right now...

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why Jade Empire isn't on Xbox Gamepass?

It looks like it is part of EA Play on PC, but not available on Xbox, unless you buy it for 10 dollars.

Dec 31, 2021
Hello there,
I recently got a Series S from a workplace post-holiday party raffle thing and since the last Xbox console I had was a 360 from over ten years ago, I don't really know anything about the best way to work with Game Pass. If I do the $1 month trial for Ultimate just to see if I like it, does that prevent me from using any of the other deals to get more of it later?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Hello there,
I recently got a Series S from a workplace post-holiday party raffle thing and since the last Xbox console I had was a 360 from over ten years ago, I don't really know anything about the best way to work with Game Pass. If I do the $1 month trial for Ultimate just to see if I like it, does that prevent me from using any of the other deals to get more of it later?
No. You will still be able to convert gold to ultimate 1:1 you just need to have no active game pass sub at all (fully lapsed, no auto renew) and then you load up on Gold for up to three years and then pay the $15 rather than $1 to get all three years of ultimate.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Hello there,
Nope, you'll just have to pay full price for the next month when you update

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hello there,

You can always do the deal to change Gold into Game Pass as long as you do not have a currently active subscription. But you can can only use the $1 thing once. Once you use the $1 it is switched off and become a $15 thing.

So you options are to get $1 month of Gold and test it. If you like it, and want to continue, you should wait for the subscription to expire, then you buy an amount of Xbox Live Gold (Max 3 years), and then you convert that Gold into Game Pass Ultimate for $15. The other option is exactly the same, but you use the initial $1 deal to covert.

So it is either the cost of Xbox Live Gold + $15 or the Cost of Xbox Live Gold + $1. Both are crazy deals. You only really lose an extra $15 if you want to test the waters first

The only thing you need to pay attention to is that you cannot extend a currently active Game Pass sub with an Xbox Live Gold code. It will not give you a 1:1 conversion in terms of months.

I recently locked in 3 year for €115/$130 total which was a good price for me - some people have got even cheaper

Dec 31, 2021
No. You will still be able to convert gold to ultimate 1:1 you just need to have no active game pass sub at all (fully lapsed, no auto renew) and then you load up on Gold for up to three years and then pay the $15 rather than $1 to get all three years of ultimate.

Nope, you'll just have to pay full price for the next month when you update

You can always do the deal to change Gold into Game Pass as long as you do not have a currently active subscription. But you can can only use the $1 thing once. Once you use the $1 it is switched off and become a $15 thing.

So you options are to get $1 month of Gold and test it. If you like it, and want to continue, you should wait for the subscription to expire, then you buy an amount of Xbox Live Gold (Max 3 years), and then you convert that Gold into Game Pass Ultimate for $15. The other option is exactly the same, but you use the initial $1 deal to covert.

So it is either the cost of Xbox Live Gold + $15 or the Cost of Xbox Live Gold + $1. Both are crazy deals. You only really lose an extra $15 if you want to test the waters first

The only thing you need to pay attention to is that you cannot extend a currently active Game Pass sub with an Xbox Live Gold code. It will not give you a 1:1 conversion in terms of months.

I recently locked in 3 year for €115/$130 total which was a good price for me - some people have got even cheaper
Thanks! So it matters how much I want to pay up front, or more like how often I mind paying the $15 charge.
I've mostly been a mobile and occasional light PC gamer (think simple things like Minecraft or retro-style games on Steam) for the last few years, though I used to play a lot more, and I have no idea what my habits will be like a year from now, but I think I'd still get some good use out of Game Pass for at least that year, so I can buy just a year's worth of Gold, activate it, then pay the $1 upgrade to turn it into a year of GPU? At least I'm sure there's plenty of things that I'd play in the catalog to make it worth $61 for the year (and worth $75 if I decide to go for another later).

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I've never played a Horizon game and am really enjoying 5. Is 4 worth going back to? My OCD would make me buy VIP and all that stuff for the full experience so it's not just a matter of downloading and trying it out.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I've never played a Horizon game and am really enjoying 5. Is 4 worth going back to? My OCD would make me buy VIP and all that stuff for the full experience so it's not just a matter of downloading and trying it out.

...oh, Forza.

I was taken aback for a second there I won't lie, I thought either "wrong thread?" or "did he mean Halo and it auto-corrected to Horizon?" lol :D

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
...oh, Forza.

I was take aback for a second there I won't lie, I thought either "wrong thread?" or "did he mean Halo and it auto-corrected to Horizon?" lol :D

Sorry, this is the general GamePass thread and I'm still new to Xbox so I thought this would be an ok place to ask.

Been playing plenty of Halo as well ofc.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I don't think it ever got a Series X|S patch, so you're actually playing the One S version which was sub-1080p @ 30 fps

Yep. Finished it on the Series X but man it looks terrible. 720p, 30 FPS and paltry draw distance which loads objects meters from you.

I haven't booted it in a while but the PS4 version of the game looked significantly better based on what I recall.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like FAR: Changing Tides is launching Day 1 on Game Pass in March:

www.trueachievements.com

FAR: Changing Tides launches into Xbox Game Pass in March

Frontier Foundry has announced that FAR: Changing Tides will launch into Xbox Game Pass when it releases on March 1st for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC.

I've heard a few people say the first game, FAR: Lone Sails is fantastic. Wonder if we'll get that added before the sequel releases?

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary

www.trueachievements.com

Frontier Foundry has announced that FAR: Changing Tides will launch into Xbox Game Pass when it releases on March 1st for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC.

I've heard a few people say the first game, FAR: Lone Sails is fantastic. Wonder if we'll get that added before the sequel releases?

Really hope so, because the first one really is an amazing little game. Worth every penny.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have tips for Outer Wilds? I've just been exploring around random planets finding out different things and mysteries about them but I'm kinda lost now lol. Trying to read up on the rumor thing on the computer but still can't figure out what I should do next.

Maybe not give me any clues where to go and what to do but maybe how to guide myself better? I think I uncovered a lot of mysteries but a lot of it is still lost to me.

I guess that's the whole point of the game though.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have tips for Outer Wilds? I've just been exploring around random planets finding out different things and mysteries about them but I'm kinda lost now lol. Trying to read up on the rumor thing on the computer but still can't figure out what I should do next.

Maybe not give me any clues where to go and what to do but maybe how to guide myself better? I think I uncovered a lot of mysteries but a lot of it is still lost to me.

Yeah, its a big point of the game to keep trying different things. Sometimes there's only minor lore details left so don't drive yourself crazy right away if an area says there's still more to discover.

But without knowing what you've figured out so far, it's hard to give pointers on how you might want to approach other questions out there. I guess a general rule of thumb is to remember time plays an important role.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

I'd recommend asking in the OT - lots of people there with a ton of great advice they can selectively give based on what you've seen so far:

www.resetera.com

Outer Wilds |OT| Life, the universe, and everything else all in 20 minutes!

Credit to Dee Dee for putting this together Release Date: May 30th Developer: Mobius Digital Publisher: Annapurna Interactive Platform: PC (Epic Games Store), Xbox Pricing: $24.99, €20.99 The game is part of Xbox Game Pass Please refrain from making this thread about current available...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

www.trueachievements.com

First game was fantastic so this is amazing news

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! So it matters how much I want to pay up front, or more like how often I mind paying the $15 charge.
I've mostly been a mobile and occasional light PC gamer (think simple things like Minecraft or retro-style games on Steam) for the last few years, though I used to play a lot more, and I have no idea what my habits will be like a year from now, but I think I'd still get some good use out of Game Pass for at least that year, so I can buy just a year's worth of Gold, activate it, then pay the $1 upgrade to turn it into a year of GPU? At least I'm sure there's plenty of things that I'd play in the catalog to make it worth $61 for the year (and worth $75 if I decide to go for another later).
Yeah so you would want one year of Gold and then covert it using the deal. After that year is fully up you could do it again if the deal still exists then.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
finished yakuza 4, overall i loved it. the way the four characters and stories all converge in the end is really cool, the whole story itself is way better than 3, i kinda miss those more intimate moments with kiryu and the kids but you cant have it all. the four characters feel different to each other in combat so thats a plus even if the combat itself remains to be awful. the lowest point are the two final bosses, that in a series that has really, really, really bad bosses they managed to top themselves and that's saying something. thankfully yakuza going turn based with like a dragon remains one of the best things thats ever happened to the medium at large lmao.

now, onto the pedestrian.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
How does outer wilds play on XSX compared to PS5? I own it on PS, so debating where to play it. Better resolution since X1X version?

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Can I not buy the Rage 2 DLC anymore unless I buy the Deluxe Edition?

There are still coins for sale under addons but the store always errors out.

Having fun with it anyway though I'm still playing with the sensitivity. Good podcast game.

Never mind, there's a second DLC that can only be bought with Rage coins but like I said the in-game store doesn't even work- why did Bethesda do it this way? This is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.