• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Oh, is that an educated guess or have they stated as much? That would be good if true.
It was in their original outline of an initial roadmap/vision for xCloud they laid out in 2019. Originally the plan was for this to be implemented already, but I think they're taking it slow and want the performance to be at a level where most people can have a good experience before unleashing that - atm as an add on to GP it gets shielded from a lot of complaining. If you let people buy games with only the intention of streaming them and they don't perform well, you'll get a lot louder feedback.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Question, as I don't think this deserves its own thread... I currently have the option of getting a new OneX, but I already have a very capable PC with Gamepass (3080 rtx), and a direct HDMI connection to an LG G1 (which can output in 4k, 60 fps with G-Sync).

Do I need it? Does it make sense to just stick my PC? I'll mainly be using the console for GamePass anyway and I'm not sure if there are enough console-only games to justify a purchase.
I have a 3090 and a SX and here why. PC is nowhere near as stable as console and that translates to Game Pass. There have been several games that I dropped on PC Game Pass due to performance issues and crashing. I simply move to SX and I'm good. A recent example is Halo. It's crashed to desktop and I said bump it and play on console.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wonder how long Yakuza 4 and 5 will be on the service. Assuming it'll be there at least 12 months. Makes me wonder if I should just pick them up the next time they're on a Steam sale or something, but guess I can wait until they actually confirm they're leaving. Just want to avoid a situation of playing a decent amount of the game and then find out it's leaving before I have time to finish it.

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
whoa whoa whoa megaton
i had lost all hope of it even getting a xbox port. xbox AND gamepass?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Trek to Yomi is another one.
Yerp! Kinda crazy to have a year long gap and then 3 Devolver games announced for Game Pass within 2 weeks time lol... Wonder what happened?

thats bad....it doenst work even if i play them with download game on gamepass? i mean cant i have local saved file to share? i need this especially for games like hades or ghost tricks
huh? I mean, if you've already played them on Steam, then yea, you're kinda out of luck. But some of those games (not sure about those two in particular, only played them on console or via cloud), have cross-progression (if they're Play Anywhere games) between Game Pass PC and console and cloud. But since Steam and the Xbox/Game Pass versions use different save formats, they're not compatible. I do believe there are some fairly attainable ways to transfer SOME saves between Win Store and Steam versions of games, but it's hacky, not supported, and iono if anyone's tested if the game will then also support that save to the cloud/console (I imagine it would.. but.. anyway). It's certainly not a plug and play solution either way.

One of the benefits of staying in the Xbox ecosystem, I guess XD

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
It's great to see them finally add some nice family focused games. Keep those coming!

Munroe

May 17, 2019
If you've been playing Archvale and not been able to get all the achievements, it had an update today which will fix that! I was missing fully upgrade a weapon and have 10k gold in the bank. I now have them both.

bdiddy82

Nov 5, 2018
Worth noting that those Yakuza games have seen some fairly substantial reductions in recent weeks - Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza Zero were both £3.74 over Black Friday, with Yakuza Kiwami 2 £7.19. So hopefully, they'll get reduced again soon.. maybe in the Christmas sale?
Damn. I must have missed them on the BF sale (or just didn't acknowledge them because they were on GamePass).

I hope they get a decent sale over the holidays, and I'll grab them just to add to the library. I got 60% done 0, and would love to keep going through, there's just SO many games now.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
So how do I change the language of a game on Gamepass?

For some reason Aliens Fireteam is in my first language, but after playing games for decades in English I just can't do it on any other language...

I tried everything, changing my PC language, my region to US, deleting the game and re downloading...nothing works.

This is so frustrating...I'm getting desperate...

I could buy the game on Steam, but the gamepass version probably is way better populated right now...

Help?

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
That post refers to some bugged achievements that weren't unlocking before on the consoles. PC gp version had none of them unlocking (and still don't). Will be added in a future update as per a dev's response on steam forums, just checked.

The developer said that game maker doesn't support achievements on xbox app so they are waiting for an engine update or something.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe

For some reason Aliens Fireteam is in my first language, but after playing games for decades in English I just can't do it on any other language...

I tried everything, changing my PC language, my region to US, deleting the game and re downloading...nothing works.

I could buy the game on Steam, but the gamepass version probably is way better populated right now...

Help?
This is weird, never happened to me.

I did set my xbox live profile language to English, maybe that is the settings this game uses?

Still... any game should allow you to change that from inside the game menu.

onibirdo

Dec 9, 2020

Help?
I had the same problem on Xbox Series X for some games (most notably Fallout 3 and other Xbox 360 games). What did the trick (on console at least) was changing my region to US, setting my OS language to English and rebooting. You'll then download the English version of the game. Afterwards you can change your region and language settings back to what they were.

But yeah, language should always be able to be set in-game, or, if that's not possible, storefronts should at least enable you to select which language version of a game you want to download...

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm very happy to see more games for the kids. Good stuff!

I will also finally play Firewatch, which I never did for some strange reason lol.

Xeno-V

Oct 30, 2017
When were Yakuza 0-6 added to Game Pass?
Now that 0-2 are leaving, I hope I will have enough time to play at least 6 and 7. So far I have thankfully finished only 0-2, and I was thinking to skip 3-5.

Zip Stick

Oct 30, 2017
When were Yakuza 0-6 added to Game Pass?
Now that 0-2 are leaving, I hope I will have enough time to play at least 6 and 7. So far I have thankfully finished only 0-2, and I was thinking to skip 3-5.

Shit, ive completed 0, and 1, and 7. Id best get cracking on finishing 2. Werent they all added around this time a year ago, except 7 which was around 6 ago. I would like to say you've got 6 months left possibly for 7?

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 0 was added in February 2020, Kiwami 1 in April 2020, and Kiwami 2 in June 2020.

3, 4 and 5 was in January 2021, 6 in March 2021 and 7 in June 2021.

electroflame

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I was waiting for a FPS Boost update for Kiwami 2, as it's the only one I haven't played. Guess the wait continues -- Yakuza games just feel crappy at 30FPS.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Holy shit Alien Fireteam is hard even on easy. At least, some sections of it.
The very last segment of mission 1 part 3 is awful, died three times here.

Status
Not open for further replies.