• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Any word if Crysis Remastered will be available on console?

It was added yesterday to PC on EA Access.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Any word if Crysis Remastered will be available on console?

It was added yesterday to PC on EA Access.
Hard to say. EA Play on Origin/EA Desktop has always received third-party (i.e. not EA) games - it's always been better value than its console counterparts.

That said, the kind of titles that show up there is the kind that eventually shows up elsewhere like PS Plus/Now and Game Pass so it may well happen down the line.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Hard to say. EA Play on Origin/EA Desktop has always received third-party (i.e. not EA) games - it's always been better value than its console counterparts.

That said, the kind of titles that show up there is the kind that eventually shows up elsewhere like PS Plus/Now and Game Pass so it may well happen down the line.

Tnks

I guess this one is considered 3rd party because it is self published by Crytek. Let's wait to see if it comes to gamepass then.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Just finished Four Last Things (not on game pass) and it's pretty good and short (1h 30m it have taken me). Excited to start the sequel (The Procession to Calvary) soon!

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Crysis doesn't work on console yet, at least not for me. You can install it, but it asks you if you own the app when you launch it.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Just finished 12 Minutes. The concept was nice, but the plot and interactions didn't convince me that this was done as well as it could have been.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Just finished 12 Minutes. The concept was nice, but the plot and interactions didn't convince me that this was done as well as it could have been.

How long did it take you and did you have to use a guide to make it through? Curious how frustrated you were going through it. Planning on playing through it when the 10K gamer score promo comes around!

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
1000/1000 on Mighty Goose - fun wee game. If you enjoy Metal Slug it's literally one of those with a goose. Definitely a lot easier than the Metal Slug games I've played

Didn't try it myself but it has 2P local co-op - I know that's one folk ask for reccomendations for all the time.

Just curious how long did it take to 1000?

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Please play Katana 0 before it leaves XGP
I finished it just yesterday and had a blast. Should have played it earlier. It's such a stylish game that's just a joy to play. The gameplay is so addicting and it's easy to pull off the moves. I'm really looking forward to the DLC after that ending.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing Yakuza 4 because in a recent thread I made, resetera convinced me to not skip the game. I'm early on, playing as Akiyama, but it seems very boring. I really hope it ends up being much better than Yakuza 3. I'm delaying my playthrough of AI The Somnium Files for this. 😑

vgp

Oct 31, 2017
I really like it. The last part of the game is a bit repetitive but the game hooked me so much on the 1st hours that I keep a really good impression.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tainted Grail is fantastic. It's slay the spire but with an interesting story and less emphasis on pruning your deck.

Anyone else kind of overwhelmed by gamepass this month? So much has come out i want to play, first time I've felt like I can't keep up with gamepass.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Sable got a patch if folks have been holding off. Not sure what it fixed.

I've been keeping an eye on the OT because I'm interested on playing it later this month or the next one. Maybe I can wait a bit more if it's still too bad, I have Psycho 2 to play also for example, which I assume is perfectly fine already, so no hurry.

Is this patch you say new, as in released today?

JohnnyStyleZW

Nov 11, 2017
I've been keeping an eye on the OT because I'm interested on playing it later this month or the next one. Maybe I can wait a bit more if it's still too bad, I have Psycho 2 to play also for example, which I assume is perfectly fine already, so no hurry.

Is this patch you say new, as in released today?
Yep, new as of today. No harm in waiting, it's only going to get better and better as they continue to patch it. It has been frustrating with these Day 1 releases. Kind of defeats the excitement of day 1 if games launch broken. The Ascent was also really rough at launch.

Astronomer

Aug 22, 2019

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Is there a monthly summary anywhere of like what games are released, a quick review of each and some gameplay, in like a 5/10 minute video? By the time I've established what I want to play there's already 5 more games to play

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Flynn seems kind of boring, tried for 40 mins or so. Tremendous achievement for a solo dev though, no doubt.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Checking in about ~25 hours into Scarlet Nexus and loving it so far. Music is really good, was kinda thrown off when the first track in the tutorial was dubstep. But everything else has been interesting and pretty diverse. It's anime ass anime, but pretty invested in the story. They've set up signposts where you (probably) know they're going already, but there are plenty of totally out of nowhere plot points to keep it all fresh and moving. And the characters themselves are solid.

I'm not the person who's overly interested in combat systems, but this certainly seems to work well and I haven't gotten bored of it. Good signs haha.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Tainted Grail is fantastic. It's slay the spire but with an interesting story and less emphasis on pruning your deck.

Anyone else kind of overwhelmed by gamepass this month? So much has come out i want to play, first time I've felt like I can't keep up with gamepass.

Are you playing Tainted Grail using a controller by any chance?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Flynn seems kind of boring, tried for 40 mins or so. Tremendous achievement for a solo dev though, no doubt.

It does take a while until the skill tree unlocks, and it does make combat feels much more fun. I don't think you would have reached it yet. Maybe 90mins in the game.

Everything gets more interesting from there. Still not the most complex game but fun.

donpureevil

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Gave up on Visage after ~45min. All it did was annoy and bore me.
I found 2 keys but mostly wandered aimless through that weirdley built house.
The game definitley needs more guidance of what your´re supposed to do.
Randomly playing repeated "spooky" sounds do nothing for me, the only frightinducing about the game are the controls.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I imagine this gets asked daily, is the $1 conversion promotion still working?, I think I'll get my very first Xbox console tomorrow, gamepass looks way too good and there are so many games, specially RPGs I wanna play before they ever leave, besides, do games comeback eventually? I think Shantae's were at some point but not anymore.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
How long did it take you and did you have to use a guide to make it through? Curious how frustrated you were going through it. Planning on playing through it when the 10K gamer score promo comes around!

I did have to use one for Twelve Minutes eventually because one item
was hidden in a place that I would never have found myself…
I still enjoyed the concept overall, but didn't find the game to be a revolutionary experience.

Have now been diving into Katana Zero before it leaves Game Pass. And WOW! This game hooked me right from the start. The art style, the satisfying action for planning your kills well, the mystery that is built up (something feels VERY off here)... Fantastic! And it keeps getting better, too.

Those short experiences are really where Game Pass shines the most for me.

Last edited:

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
I imagine this gets asked daily, is the $1 conversion promotion still working?, I think I'll get my very first Xbox console tomorrow, gamepass looks way too good and there are so many games, specially RPGs I wanna play before they ever leave, besides, do games comeback eventually? I think Shantae's were at some point but not anymore.
I did it like a week ago.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Please share your impressions when you start, comedy is so hard to pull off…

I think that a video will do better than me explaining what type of comedy the game try and you can see if it works for you. So here you have it, this is the first 15 seconds of the game and that should be enought to see if you are going to like it:

That's the kind of humor xD

Last edited:

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Some games are erroring out on PC when I try to install. Anyone run into this issue and know what's going on?

edit: I see some games have "Admin approval required for installation" Do I have to run the xbox app as admin? They should probably do something about that.

edit 2: actually figured it out. I'm not sure what happened there.

Last edited:

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I think that a video will do better than me explaining what type of comedy the game tried and you can see if it works for you. So here you have it, this is the first 15 seconds of the game and that should be enought to see if you are going to like it:

That's the kind of humor xD

Sold, downloading just in case.

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
It does take a while until the skill tree unlocks, and it does make combat feels much more fun. I don't think you would have reached it yet. Maybe 90mins in the game.

Everything gets more interesting from there. Still not the most complex game but fun.
Hmm ok, will keep on playing then. Thanks for the info :)

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal

Yes it still works. Trust me, the day it stops working this forum will absolutely know about. 🥴 Games do come back from time to time but very few do (the only one that comes to mind is MGSV for some reason and I guess there's Black Desert); basically it's up to the publishers if they want to play ball or negotiate more for the next contract.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Is it my XSX or does the ascent just run like shit? It's just so freaking stuttery it ruins the experience.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it still works. Trust me, the day it stops working this forum will absolutely know about. 🥴 Games do come back from time to time but very few do (the only one that comes to mind is MGSV for some reason and I guess there's Black Desert); basically it's up to the publishers if they want to play ball or negotiate more for the next contract.
GTA V went to Game Pass for 4 months, left... And returned like a year later for another 4 months (?????). Rockstar so far seems to be the one that yanks the games very quickly. I expect RDR 2 to show up again soon for another 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.