• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious if the next drop will have some bigger third party games. The past couple months have been excellent for indie Day 1 releases but poor for big AAA third party games.
Back 4 Blood.
Yes i agree Van. It seems like the AAA titles have vanished a bit lately. I love the indies personally but think there should be a handful of AAA titles to balance the subscription more.
MS Flight SImulator just released.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really love Last Stop especially the John/Jack storyline. It has some great humor and snappy writing, and it is probably the first game to reference the culture of crunch in the industry.

It is serious, but not afraid to be a bit funny, which is the best kinda Sci-Fi (Doctor Who, Stargate).

tanmandu

Oct 27, 2017
Do we think Judgement is a sure thing for coming to Game Pass? I didn't know if it being separate from the Yakuza series would lead to it never dropping.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Why is Flight Simulator not on cloud? Between spotty availability of games and games expiring off the service, this hasn't felt like the "perfect" solution I expected it to be. Hopefully when cloud is out of beta that changes?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Why is Flight Simulator not on cloud? Between spotty availability of games and games expiring off the service, this hasn't felt like the "perfect" solution I expected it to be. Hopefully when cloud is out of beta that changes?
It's the only Series exclusive game and maybe not every data center has the xsx blades or to the degree they want before adding it.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, what big AAA third party games have there been this year?

Resident Evil and Nier are too recent to show up at this point. Hitman 3, I guess. If we go back to 2020, one of the big Ubisoft releases (Valhalla, Legion or Immortals) would be a fine addition.

With Back 4 Blood coming, I doubt Aliens comes to the service day 1

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Back 4 Blood isn't until October. By next drop, I mean for August. Also to clarify, I don't mean Day 1 releases. Just big AAA releases from the past few years.

Yeah Flight Sim is definitely one big recent AAA addition. But June and July overall were really light on AAA third party games compared to usual...normally you'd get at least 4 or 5 per month. It isn't a huge deal, but I'm curious if that is just a blip or will become more the norm now that bigger first party games and more indie Day 1 games will be happening moving forward.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back 4 Blood isn't until October. By next drop, I mean for August. Also to clarify, I don't mean Day 1 releases. Just big AAA releases from the past few years.

Yeah Flight Sim is definitely one big recent AAA addition. But June and July overall were really light on AAA third party games compared to usual...normally you'd get at least 4 or 5 per month. It isn't a huge deal, but I'm curious if that is just a blip or will become more the norm now that bigger first party games and more indie Day 1 games will be happening moving forward.
I think it's likely going to be less as Xbox Game Studios games are going to release more consistently after Halo and Forza Horizon 5. Also, I think Xbox realizes they get more bang for their buck with Day 1 releases of Indie and AA games launching on Game Pass.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Omno is nice, but something killed my eyes and I had to lie down for a few hours.

Started Katana Zero after sleeping and what an awesome game. The soundtrack especially is filling my room.

Last edited:

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know if its a glitch or maybe gold/gamepass title or what but Diablo 3 is showing up free if you search for it. And the necromancer pack is free in game

Oct 27, 2017
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for Dark Souls remastered & Munduan in tomorrow's early August drop. Maybe that Forgotten City game was held back to replace Lemnis Gate. (All wishful thinking mind)

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I'm really curious if the next drop will have some bigger third party games. The past couple months have been excellent for indie Day 1 releases but poor for big AAA third party games.

Yeah, I hope they get back to some older/recent AAA releases. We used to have some big stuff like DMC 5, Doom Eternal all soon after release.

For example, I've been hoping Sekiro gets added for a while now. It's probably cheap so I shouldnt' wait but something tells me it's going to come sometime soon.

It's the only Series exclusive game and maybe not every data center has the xsx blades or to the degree they want before adding it.

Well The Medium is already in it. It's weird honestly, maybe it actually needs a bigger connection and that might be the issue.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017

4-5 AAA a month minimum is a big ask.

Fox Blood

Oct 30, 2017
Diablo 3 showing up on UK store too, it's the ultimate evil edition, seems to be included with gold but not sure if it's a glitch

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Diablo 3 showing up on UK store too, it's the ultimate evil edition, seems to be included with gold but not sure if it's a glitch

Works for me too, in the Netherlands. Additionally, you can get the Necromancer for free in-game. Both products had the label "Games with Gold" in the Microsoft Store.

Strangely, you can only get to the free Necromancer pack via the in-game store.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine it's a free play days thing, but wouldn't that not be available by now, on monday?
Were last week's free play days games ever announced?

Deleted member 16753

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Works for me too, in the Netherlands. Additionally, you can get the Necromancer for free in-game. Both products had the label "Games with Gold" in the Microsoft Store.

Strangely, you can only get to the free Necromancer pack via the in-game store.

Not true. You can also manage the game and install the add-on from there.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
The Medium is there. I reckon there's a challenge with having the game stream in the cloud data while at the same time stream out the image. But I'm pretty sure they'll figure it out soon.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
More games added to "Leaving Soon"

TSW 2020 (Train Sim World)
Don't Starve
Darksiders Genesis
Final Fantasy VII
Grand Theft Auto V (which we knew about)

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I buy GTAV Premium Edition with my Game Pass discount... do we know if the X|S update in November is free?

My guess is not, as PS5 has the 3 months PS+ deal which will give the PS5 version for free.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If I buy GTAV Premium Edition with my Game Pass discount... do we know if the X|S update in November is free?

My guess is not, as PS5 has the 3 months PS+ deal which will give the PS5 version for free.
Free?

tenor.gif

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Haha keep playing other games and waiting to continue playing Outriders and keep getting worried they'll take it out eventually. I will probably end up buying it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.