• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Don't frighten me. Is that at halfway through the game? After you get fire + ice + complete the next thing? Because probably I'm *right there* and I was looking forward to playing a bit after lunch in some moments.

It's in chapter 7. It's not a long section, and you can do it if you give it a few goes, but I wasn't really enjoying it before and now this. Nope.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think I played the base game during a free weekend but I wonder if the DLC is worth it or not.

Check YouTube videos or something. I echo others. Play the base game some and see if you like it enough to plop down money for DLC. We've seen people's apprehension about buying DLC without owning the game and you can always buy the game when it's leaving the service if you're not done with it.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
It's in chapter 7. It's not a long section, and you can do it if you give it a few goes, but I wasn't really enjoying it before and now this. Nope.

Then yep I guess just it's where I'm at. I wasn't feeling the last chapters until 5-6 except for the dungeons, so hopefuly it's not that bad and I get to like the rest and finish it soon.

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if Tropico 6 is cross playable w/ someone who has the Steam version? We've wanted more co-op gaming so Tropico 6 appearing is potential hype.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked crosscode for the combat, but the puzzles seemed to just drag on and on with every possible iteration of the mechanics involved. It wasn't poorly designed puzzles just sequenced in a way that had dungeons too long imo.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I said that when the game first came out. Crosscode is not paced very well and the puzzles just came off annoying. I mean... they're fucking everywhere.

I wish someone would be told me before I got it that the entire thing is just one puzzle-fest with some combat sprinkled in (instead of the opposite).

I really liked the main character too. But I just couldn't do it....

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah some dungeons are long and have a lot of puzzles but I think the puzzle/combat ratio is mostly fine. Outside dungeons though the game goes crazy with hidden chests, platforming and horrible side quests that never end. I'm happy now that I just finished a new dungeon and there's one more to do right after. But I sure hope the endgame is right after that, I'm more than 30h in already and it's a a bit too much already for what the game offers.
Shame on me though for doing most of the side quests until the last hub.

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017
Can you play the expanions of battlefield 1 on gamepass? It says I need to purchase them or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any answers!

NVM just realied its muliplayer expansions, whoops.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Never thought i would say this, but disneyland adventures is actually pretty cool lol. I wish they kept updating it to keep up with the park. A disney world adventures would be amazing. Played some with my nephew who is just getting into games and he liked it too. I do wish there was just an option to ride the normal rides though. Almost all of them are just minigames instead of ride throughs.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
The soundtrack dragged me in to the game from the outset, with major PSO vibes. But quickly I got frustrated with the convoluted and, occasionally bizarre, gameplay mechanics, so dropped it pretty quickly.
Same, I thought this game was gonna be perfect for me for all the reasons you said, but just felt it was too obtuse when it came to the menus, quests, and gameplay.

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
Never thought i would say this, but disneyland adventures is actually pretty cool lol. I wish they kept updating it to keep up with the park. A disney world adventures would be amazing. Played some with my nephew who is just getting into games and he liked it too. I do wish there was just an option to ride the normal rides though. Almost all of them are just minigames instead of ride throughs.

I liked Disneyland Adventures a decent bit, but the sheer amount of fetch quests in that game was almost alarming. I've never seen so many in a single game lol

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You know what, Gears 4 is actually pretty good. I've read some middling things about it. But considering that starting a new trilogy after the first one is wrapped up is probably the hardest thing to do. Especially when the entire first trilogy is based on fighting a certain enemy that is core to the entire story/gameplay but is defeated by the end of it.

People will want more of the same, yet something completely new at the same time. An impossible objective to achieve. But Gears 4 kind of does this in a way that is still interesting.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Whoops, thought I had one more day of Gamepass but it actually expires right on the day. I wanted to finish Yakuza before WH2 DLC but I guess it'll have to wait a little bit!

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Whoops, thought I had one more day of Gamepass but it actually expires right on the day. I wanted to finish Yakuza before WH2 DLC but I guess it'll have to wait a little bit!
You can get a week for like $1 usually from here:
www.eneba.com

Buy Xbox Game Pass Ultimate – 7 Days Subscription (Xbox One/ Windows 10) Xbox Live Key GLOBAL | ENEBA

Prepare for an unprecedented experience of gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 7 days! Microsoft Ultimate 7 d. code will grant you all the benefits of

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Astroneer is fantastic! It's janky af and it made me wonder why I was bothering the first half hour or so, but the game is incredibly fun with a group of friends!

Luchadorable

Jan 14, 2018
not strictly a game pass question, but figure this is the best place to ask:

is there a way to filter the microsoft store by console, so I can see all the 360 games, OG Xbox only?

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Enjoying Empire of a Sin. Ive put it on easy but it's filling an Xcom void I haven't experienced in a while that I've found good.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
How's Octopath traveler? Reckon it will be on Pass long enough for me to complete it If I were to play it casually every few days for a few hours?
Do you like story or do you like systems? The story is poorly paced, and the characters don't interact enough.

However the battle system is cool and the extra info you can find out about npcs (and their items) is neat.

I enjoyed it for 20 hours and then lost steam.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Hey, I'm taking a couple weeks off from work starting next week and want to knock out a game. Here's what I'm considering:
  • Dishonored
  • Doom
  • Wolfenstein II
  • Evil Within
  • Yakuza Like a Dragon
  • Hollow Knight
  • Jedi Fallen Order
  • Control
I'll say that I tend to enjoy narrative / puzzle / world-building games. Games I've really loved in the past five years have been The Outer Wilds, The Witness, Prey, and RDR2.

Happy to hear anyone's opinions.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Hey, I'm taking a couple weeks off from work starting next week and want to knock out a game. Here's what I'm considering:
  • Dishonored
  • Doom
  • Wolfenstein II
  • Evil Within
  • Yakuza Like a Dragon
  • Hollow Knight
  • Jedi Fallen Order
  • Control
I'll say that I tend to enjoy narrative / puzzle / world-building games. Games I've really loved in the past five years have been The Outer Wilds, The Witness, Prey, and RDR2.

Dishonored! Especially since you've enjoyed Prey!

Deleted member 59

I'm glad last week's Microsoft Rewards stuff was for Quantum Break, because i started playing it to get the three headshots and im hooked. I really liked Remedys older stuff, but QB didn't appeal to me back in the day, but it's sunk its teeth into me now. Fun gameplay (lining powers together during gunfights is a blast), good cast and i rather like the live action stuff too!

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
  • Dishonored
  • Doom
  • Wolfenstein II
  • Evil Within
  • Yakuza Like a Dragon
  • Hollow Knight
  • Jedi Fallen Order
  • Control

As long as you're on a Series console or PC, I'd honestly just say Dishonored DE. It's a pretty solid (albeit relatively shallow) narrative experience, every mission is basically a puzzle with multiple ways to approach the objective and there is also lots and lots of great world building in the game as well honestly.

I just beat the game recently and honestly had a hell of a time with it, and so far the sequel is even better honestly.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
As long as you're on a Series console or PC, I'd honestly just say Dishonored DE. It's a pretty solid (albeit relatively shallow) narrative experience, every mission is basically a puzzle with multiple ways to approach the objective and there is also lots and lots of great world building in the game as well honestly.

I just beat the game recently and honestly had a hell of a time with it, and so far the sequel is even better honestly.
Looks like Dishonored it is!
(Yes, I'm on a Series S.)

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Next week. But we already know mostly all the titles that are scheduled to hit the 2nd half of this month. 2nd half is stacked.

7/20 - Cristales
7/22 - Last Stop
7/27 - Flight Simulator
7/29 - The Forgotten City
7/29 - Omno
7/29 - Ascent

True. But Last Stop and The Forgotten City are not official yet, are they? Just a Tweet that was taken down?

Status
Not open for further replies.