• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
4stkLnX.png

Why the hell does this keep happening?! Worthless garbage!

Eh, not really. It's pretty cumbersome to solo sloop if you don't want to try and find some LFG groups to play with or open crew it. I finally managed to convince friends to sub to game pass on pc to play and we are having an absolute blast. Don't give up. It's only $1 for them to play! It makes a huge difference playing with friends.
Everyone I know is on PC, and understandably they don't want to touch the Windows Store with a ten foot pole. And outright buying a game for co-op sessions that probably won't last isn't a smart move for them.
I'll be fine without, for now.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Carto is simple engaging stuff with a light map turning puzzle solving mechanic. It's fun.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
I've been sadly neglecting my GP sub this year, but I just found out Solasta is on it. Definitely checking that out this weekend.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was under the impression that purchased are cross buy between Xbox and windows 10? I purchased Minecraft dungeon season pass on Xbox and I don't have it on gamepass pc. Was I wrong ?

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I mentioned this before, but I'll mention it again, now that it's out on GP: if enough folks are interested I'd be willing to rent a Conan Exiles PVE server for the GP discord to play on.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Finished Void Bastards. I started it last week, but only got a few runs in then. Today I got from a fresh start run to the very end, all over one afternoon and evening. Not sure about playtime, but I'm guessing 5-6 hours-ish.

It's a terrific game and it's gone into my list of 2019 GotYs. Just such a fun concept, and it really feels like immersive sims were made for roguelike gameplay. It gets very samey towards the end, and I think it could've gone with one less round of objectives. Nevertheless, I loved the flavour and the constant on-the-fly decision-making, as well as how much the experience is enhanced by learning the ins-and-outs of the game by playing a lot.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ascent and Cristales both up for preload (even tho they don't come out for almost 2 months lol)

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Man Eater was great! Not just a good little Gamepass game, I would have paid $29.99 for that.
Looks like a lot of people are playing it all the way to 1000/1000 like I did as there isn't one rare achievement to be had.
Thanks to the developers for this. Was just something different as we have a lot of samey titles out there.
Loved the humor too. 😄

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Man Eater was great! Not just a good little Gamepass game, I would have paid $29.99 for that.
Looks like a lot of people are playing it all the way to 1000/1000 like I did as there isn't one rare achievement to be had.
Thanks to the developers for this. Was just something different as we have a lot of samey titles out there.
Loved the humor too. 😄
I like hobbit educates you about sharks while you hunt and eat people lol

fun game for sure

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Im excited for the E3 announcements. Also ME legendary edition will probably comes to GP in like 8-9 months?

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
For whatever reason, I was able to claim 3 months of GPU for 10MXN again. That's not supposed to happen, right? That's only the first time you try GPU as far as I know. I'm not complaining at all though :x

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
I need help: can I buy DLC from a different location where I downloaded the game on Game Pass? I'm playing Fallout New Vegas but the DLCs here in Brasil are only sold in spanish, not english. I want to know if I can switch to USA and buy the DLC there and play with the version I've already downloaded.

Oct 28, 2017
Tried the first mission of the Destroy All Humans Remake. Really good first impressions! I know the original like the back of my hand and I think they've made some really smart changes to improve it without removing the core of Destroy All Humans or changing anything important.

They've simplified the controls, put things single buttons that required 2 before. Controls are improved and more intuitive. They've taken stuff from DAH2 and adapted it to the original which reallg works well. I can already tell that certain frustrating parts of the saucer gameplay later on will be less of an issue due to taking DAH2's drain mechanic. I'm hoping transmog makes its way from DAH2 as well. I'd expect it will.

My only disappointment is that it seems Teenagers From Outer Space didn't make it in to the remake. That was a fun movie.

Last edited:

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I think something fucked up in the latest Win 10 update, achievements are not unlocking anymore for me on Narita Boy while three days ago worked fine.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Running out of game pass is no joke. You get constantly reminded that you only got x days left when starting a game and on the home screen it also cycles underneath you gamertag name. Terrible.

I'll need a new sub eventually but not right now really… wondering wether I should wait or hurry to get the conversion deal. Three years for 150€ is still a decent deal.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Running out of game pass is no joke. You get constantly reminded that you only got x days left when starting a game and on the home screen it also cycles underneath you gamertag name. Terrible.

I'll need a new sub eventually but not right now really… wondering wether I should wait or hurry to get the conversion deal. Three years for 150€ is still a decent deal.

Maybe wait until after E3 to decide in case there are further changes to Gold that would disrupt the 1:1 conversion rate.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Well, do you think there'll be a better deal after E3? Cause I could renew before E3

No I don't think so. I mean the 3 months of Ultimate for $1 deal is pretty awesome already and they ran the same promo right before E3 last year. I don't think it'll get any better but who knows. I suppose if they reduce the price of Gold (not likely) then it'll be cheaper for you to stock up before converting. A man can dream though~

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Snowrunner and Mechwarrior are a no, Solasta is awesome though! I can't get into slow sim-like games.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I need help: can I buy DLC from a different location where I downloaded the game on Game Pass? I'm playing Fallout New Vegas but the DLCs here in Brasil are only sold in spanish, not english. I want to know if I can switch to USA and buy the DLC there and play with the version I've already downloaded.
In terms of the doc itself and how the Xbox DRM works this is all fine. The only gating is when you use money. So to buy the us dlc you'll need usd attached to a us address on your account. And/or a US based payment account or us based credit card.

If you do a bit of googling there should be instructions on how to do it. It's a few years since I did it so I don't trust my memory!

FGPack

Jan 19, 2020
Italy
I'm playing Solasta (old school D&D player here) while waiting for E3 show. I hope they announce something big for game pass during the show

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Played Solasta all weekend. Man, so cool. Very Divinity Original Sin 2 meets D&D 5e. Not as polished looking as Divinity, but I'm really enjoying it.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Played a couple hours of Steep last night. That game looks really nice. It plays pretty well too, but I feel like the game needs more progression other than "do events, get xp, unlock more events". In a sense it is a "perfect" podcast game with very little that would even imply any kind of story progression, but there's just also very little there that is pushing me towards this event or that one. I feel like I get the Gold in every trick competition, and most other competitions, without even putting in any effort, but I'm sure they get harder as you go. I don't know. I'll keep messing around with it. Oh, it also really likes to shove it's DLC down your throat, including just popping up messages like "Enjoying the game, why not buy the DLC packs?", and it's like I've been playing for an hour...lay off.

Also I stopped playing last night because it just hard crashed on me, so that's worrisome.

Other than that, I spend most of the weekend bouncing between Knockout City and Stardew Valley, which I know is not on GP, but sure seems like it should be. That's one of those games where you put it up for 6 months, get people hooked, and I bet you most people that get into it end up converting to sales.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I started this game yesterday and I'm enjoying it a lot, I like the idea, some of the puzzles are kinda hard but it's good overall.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
we are just about due for some announcements right? we dont know anything coming out this week?

TheCool69

Oct 27, 2017
Am i doing something wrong in Man Eater or am i missing something? Right after finishing the tutorial i get the first real mission but after swimming just few meters i get attacked by great whites or hammerheads and cant really progress anywhere. I tried to out run them but they just keep following me and eventually kill me :/

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Am i doing something wrong in Man Eater or am i missing something? Right after finishing the tutorial i get the first real mission but after swimming just few meters i get attacked by great whites or hammerheads and cant really progress anywhere. I tried to out run them but they just keep following me and eventually kill me :/

you didnt finish the prologue if you're being attacked by other sharks. In fact I didnt see any sharks at all so I'm not sure what you're doing heh.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I started in a swamp after the tutorial. The worst I found there were crocodiles

Oct 28, 2017
Alright seriously, Destroy All Humans is up there with the greatest video game remakes. It really is excellent and it feels like it definitely didn't get the recognition it deserved. Really smart changes and updates whilst being incredibly faithful. I'm still very early but I couldn't have asked for more. It probably didn't but I really hope the game did well because it clearly deserves to.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Y'all. Been trying to tie up some easy achievement games. The Gardens Between was really great.

But What Remains of Edith Finch. Hooo boy. What a ride

Status
Not open for further replies.