• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
So bang on a year for Kingdom Hearts. Definitely looks like SE only give games a year as standard, best get a move on with DQ11 in that case.
Edit: Although it looks like KH3 is still up and that was added earlier than the Remasters, so it's not a definite. Strange that's staying up and not the previous games.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I wonder how long Yakuza will last for. Still not started any of them yet, I do kinda wish that MS could disclose how long some games would last for.

I get though that it's not ideal to have a ticking time bomb attached to all products lol

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of roguelike is Void Bastards? Permanent progression, clear endgame, little to no plot? If it's just good shooting mechanics and nice graphics I may skip it and continue with the next Halo instead, when the time comes.

Permanent unlocks. Wee bit of a story but it's got a definite ending.

It's a really fun system where you get certain random traits on your character each time you die - sometimes good like you run really fast, or sometimes awkward like you're 2 feet taller than normal and need to crouch through doors etc.

Not too long either compared to other stuff.

Also, maybe July 29th for The Ascent as per something Nibel on Twitter picked up:

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Permanent unlocks. Wee bit of a story but it's got a definite ending.

It's a really fun system where you get certain random traits on your character each time you die - sometimes good like you run really fast, or sometimes awkward like you're 2 feet taller than normal and need to crouch through doors etc.

Not too long either compared to other stuff.

Thanks. I may try it out, but I wasn't very interested when it came out and I prefer to play less first person games, so who knows. At least if it's short to get to the end and with permanent progression I may try. It seemed to have a good reception.

beatoangelico

Sep 9, 2019
void bastards was my fav game of 2019, I liked basically everything about it, the comic book style is done really well, funny writing and voice acting, nice soundtrack, guns and shooting are quite good even with the lack of aiming down sights. I may try a higher difficulty run now.

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Why would it be the ascent? We've already got the release date; July. Why tease a future time for a game we already have info about?

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
"Coming soon to Game Pass: Cyberpunk 2077"

Not that impossible honestly, it's been almost six months since the release

Why would it be the ascent? We've already got the release date; July. Why tease a future time for a game we already have info about?

Because it seems like The Ascent news wasn't supposed to be out before later today. But yeah maybe it's not that at all

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Is it about The Ascent?
Yeah. 1500cest was the embargo. Check the other thread.

www.resetera.com

Official: The Ascent coming July 29 - Steam, MS store, Xbox One, Xbox Series - Day one Gamepass

Bit more info from some weeks ago. Play anywhere, crossplay, gamepass for pc and console. https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-ascent-resolution-and-framerate-info-play-anywhere-crossplay-details-game-pass-for-console-and-pc-confirmed-game-length.422183/ Game pricing: £24.99 / $29.99 / €29.99 /

Oct 28, 2017
My gf and I have been playing through the Halo and Gears series together in split screen on my Series X and she has been really enjoying them, despite not being a "gamer" previously. I love how in Gears she can play on normal difficulty and I cna play in the next one up.

Any suggestions for what else we might enjoy? We already finished A Way Out and Unraveled 2. Phogs and Human Fall Flat both... fell flat. Oh and which upcoming games have couch Co op - The Ascent I assume or is that online only?

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Leaving in a couple of weeks:

Assetto Corsa (Console)
Broforce (PC)
KINGDOM HEARTS - HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX - (Console)
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (Console)
Surviving Mars (Console/PC)
Void Bastards (Console/PC)

Will try Void Bastards then. Kingdom Hearts games I have finished a couple years ago on PS4. One day I'll replay them on Xbox :D One day...

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
My gf and I have been playing through the Halo and Gears series together in split screen on my Series X and she has been really enjoying them, despite not being a "gamer" previously. I love how in Gears she can play on normal difficulty and I cna play in the next one up.

Any suggestions for what else we might enjoy? We already finished A Way Out and Unraveled 2. Phogs and Human Fall Flat both... fell flat. Oh and which upcoming games have couch Co op - The Ascent I assume or is that online only?
Minecraft Dungeons, Diablo 3, Stardew Valley.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I'm currently running under the basis it will be 1 year so will leave December, but as I noticed with KH3, it's not a hard rule that all SE games leave after 12 months, just the vast majority it seems.
I thought it was added earlier than that. It's good to know.
I doubt it's being pulled anytime soon. If it does get pulled before you're finished, and you're enjoying it...just buy it with the GP discount, or on sale. You can still play games even if they aren't on GP! ;-)
I'll definitely buy it if it leaves but I'll do it begrudgingly hahah

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile, here's a Tweet that makes me go 'hmm'

Like, we'd guessed that Microsoft was negotiating *something* with Nintendo thanks to Phil's shelf, but this implies that it was about Xcloud.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
But The Ascent was already known as coming, it just lacked a release date. I guess there will be new announcements today (late already?) or tomorrow, and it's not like I need a lot more new games coming to game pass until I finish many more before, but I sure hope The Ascent is not the only thing for the next update.
Which can't be, because in the first place it's for July.

Oct 28, 2017
But The Ascent was already known as coming, it just lacked a release date. I guess there will be new announcements today (late already?) or tomorrow, and it's not like I need a lot more new games coming to game pass until I finish many more before, but I sure hope The Ascent is not the only thing for the next update.
Which can't be, because in the first place it's for July.
www.resetera.com

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Snow Runner, MechWarrior 5, The Wild at Heart, Conan Exiles, Knockout City, ManEater, Solasta and More News

SnowRunner (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available Now SnowRunner puts you in the driver’s seat of powerful vehicles as you conquer extreme open environments with the most advanced terrain simulation ever. Drive over 40 vehicles from brands such as Ford, Chevrolet, and Freightliner as you leave...

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Snow Runner, MechWarrior 5, The Wild at Heart, Conan Exiles, Knockout City, ManEater, Solasta and More News

SnowRunner (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available Now SnowRunner puts you in the driver’s seat of powerful vehicles as you conquer extreme open environments with the most advanced terrain simulation ever. Drive over 40 vehicles from brands such as Ford, Chevrolet, and Freightliner as you leave...

Yeah, saw it as soon as I posted, lol. Got distracted afterwards. Not much for me anyway, which is fine, because there's lot of things from before, and coming after this month too.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Maneater for sure for me.

Somehow never managed to play a MechWarrior game but that could potentially be something i'd love. Wild at Heart looks good too.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Maneater like a chump for Black Friday and sold it for a slight loss. Definitely a fun game that's ripe for Game Pass but can't co-sign as a purchase.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I reached Alaska in Snow Runner and it feels like I've seen everything the game has to offer. Maybe I'll try making some more deliveries another time.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll Maneater enthusiasts need to cool your jets. It's fun for a few minutes but really starts to feel like one of those Burger King games after a while.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Got up to chapter 6 of Outriders (playing solo) and I feel like I've seen everything the game has to offer. For those of you who have beat the game, am I wrong?

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
Got up to chapter 6 of Outriders (playing solo) and I feel like I've seen everything the game has to offer. For those of you who have beat the game, am I wrong?

Yes and no. There are other abilities, side quests, weapon layouts and different enemy types, both alien and animal, however the basic game loop does not change.

You clear an area and move to the next one

Staal

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I need to check out Void Bastards quickly then. Nier on pause for now unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.