• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hm Touryst was fun but I'm not bothering to round out the collectibles. Definitely enjoying this service on shorter indies

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Yea I started with controller then went to mkb and then heavily modified the keybinds. It was actually kind of annoying how much work making the keybinds ideal for me was. I wanted wasd camera movement, space bar camera grip, and middle mouse rotate camera (that isn't inverted as it is by default). But unfortunately that all means a million other things are unbound. Eventually got there though.

It thankfully does change all of the control tooltips and tutorials to match your changes.

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here know the difference between "online" and "xbox" on the online status for your friends? Tried googling but couldn't find an answer.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing Outer Wilds and Observation. Both are very unique and intriguing games.

Outer Wilds is unbelievably good. I would rather not say why, because I've been told by others to go into the game blind, and it was worth it.

I'm very early into Observation, so it may be too soon to say this, but I'm very impressed with the game's unique premise. The visuals are tight and it's so cool playing as basically a space ship's AI.

Oct 29, 2017
After playing Ori 1 years ago, I remembered it being pretty good but I didn't play much before I got distracted by a new game.

Having seen the second game get so much praise last year, I decided to go back to Ori 1. Turned out I loved it and finished it. I then started Ori 2 and just finished that last night too.

The chase scenes can get in the bin, and I'll always hate boss fights, but these games are fantastic. I love the movement, the skills to travel around, and the progression. It's all really rewarding.

I didn't quite like the second game as much because it felt like I was too much back and forth, whereas I preferred the more linear approach of the first game.

Graphically they're both superb, and the music is probably some of the best I've heard in any game.

I'm generally not a fan of metroidvania's, I bounced off Hollow Knight because I hated the scarcity of checkpoints and hated going back over the same ground just to get back to where I died over and over. Both Ori games nail the checkpoints and made it so much easier to stick with it when I kept dying at a difficult spot.

Very late to the party but yeah, these are great games.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone here know the difference between "online" and "xbox" on the online status for your friends? Tried googling but couldn't find an answer.
I think it's just that the Xbox app is running on PC.

If you are on PC, friends playing on Xbox have a Xbox next to what they are doing.
If you are on Xbox, friends playing on PC have a PC next to them.
When I look at my friends from the PC, those with "Xbox" in their status do not have an Xbox icon, so I guess it's the Xbox app that is running.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I couldnt get into Drake Hollow.
Yea, I put in about 2 hours. It's not the most engaging of starts, that's for sure.

I'm playing Outer Wilds and Observation. Both are very unique and intriguing games.

Outer Wilds is unbelievably good. I would rather not say why, because I've been told by others to go into the game blind, and it was worth it.
Was gonna loop back on this. So glad you went in blind!

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
"According to the Xbox Game Pass app, another five games will be leaving the service soon. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight, Oxenfree, The Jackbox Party Pack 4, Vambrace: Cold Soul, and Mother Russia Bleeds will all drop out of the service shortly."

Xbox Achievements and News from TrueAchievements - the world's biggest Xbox site

TrueAchievements is the home of Xbox achievements for Xbox Series X, Xbox One and all other Xbox platforms. News, guides, leaderboards, reviews and more.

Oct 28, 2017
This question probably sucks and has been asked to death, but does Control on Gamepass run at 60fps? Or is that the version you have to pay for?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Time to play Oxenfree. I heard it is better than Afterparty, which I wasn't enjoying and dropped. Maybe I'll try and start Momodora again, but I don't think I'll miss out on much if I just let it go.

I've been playing Cyber Shadow and very much enjoying it, up until the final boss. What the fuck is this bullshit. Bosses have been challenging but it was a matter of learning how and when to attack, and battles ended quickly either for good or bad. But this final boss, after the first phase which I can do without damage... it just seems bullshit to me? And then there's even another phase, so fuck that. I don't need to put anymore time into this. Great game for the rest, though, and I'd recommend it. Not sure if I liked The Messenger better (at least the first half is comparable).

This question probably sucks and has been asked to death, but does Control on Gamepass run at 60fps? Or is that the version you have to pay for?

No. You'd have to get the Ultimate edition for Series X (it has free upgrade on X1 but that's not the game pass version).

Oct 28, 2017
It does not run at 60fps.

It's the base version of the game not the Ultimate edition, which is the version that has the next gen upgrade.
Time to play Oxenfree. I heard it is better than Afterparty, which I wasn't enjoying and dropped. Maybe I'll try and start Momodora again, but I don't think I'll miss out on much if I just let it go.

I've been playing Cyber Shadow and very much enjoying it, up until the final boss. What the fuck is this bullshit. Bosses have been challenging but it was a matter of learning how and when to attack, and battles ended quickly either for good or bad. But this final boss, after the first phase which I can do without damage... it just seems bullshit to me? And then there's even another phase, so fuck that. I don't need to put anymore time into this. Great game for the rest, though, and I'd recommend it. Not sure if I liked The Messenger better (at least the first half is comparable).

No. You'd have to get the Ultimate edition for Series X (it has free upgrade on X1 but that's not the game pass version).
Thank you so much. What a bust adding control to gamepass without the upgrades lol. I honestly believe it will happen and will hold out till then.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Momodora, which is leaving Game Pass soon, is a solid indie Metroidvania and can be beaten in less than 6 hours so don't sleep on that one if you like the genre.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Are we expecting new games for the last half of the month to be announced this week?

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020

I'm very early into Observation, so it may be too soon to say this, but I'm very impressed with the game's unique premise. The visuals are tight and it's so cool playing as basically a space ship's AI.
i absolutely love outer wilds even though i cant play it because of motion sickness, but what i could manage was top tier. observation is great also, one of the hidden gems of the service.

Are we expecting new games for the last half of the month to be announced this week?
from what i've gathered they usually announce the next batch of games on the first tuesday after the last game enters the service, so i've expecting the next xbox wire post tomorrow.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017

Oxenfree is an amazing game. After party was a huge letdown after their first effort.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping F12020 comes to Game Pass soon. It's free with Stadia Pro and it came to PS Now in November.

Gotta be on the list for Game Pass soon.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
"According to the Xbox Game Pass app, another five games will be leaving the service soon. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight, Oxenfree, The Jackbox Party Pack 4, Vambrace: Cold Soul, and Mother Russia Bleeds will all drop out of the service shortly."

Xbox Achievements and News from TrueAchievements - the world's biggest Xbox site

TrueAchievements is the home of Xbox achievements for Xbox Series X, Xbox One and all other Xbox platforms. News, guides, leaderboards, reviews and more.

Gotta get back to Oxenfree then I guess. Glad Yakuza 0 isn't leaving yet. Sucks about Jackbox. Just started playing with friends. Hopefully 5 is rotated in.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I am going to try the Halo Spartan Assault / Strike games. I've never really played them, but I really love the OSTs.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Monster Train has really been growing on me over time. I don't love it as much as Slay the Spire, but it still scratches that itch. I'm on Covenant 21, and I've realized that Crucible Wardens (especially w/ a Morsel Master behind) are basically an easy win button.

Status
Not open for further replies.