• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Man....I had no idea Spiritfarer was such a long game. I'm like 16 hours in and I've only taken one person to their final destination. I'm looking at HLTB and it seems like this game can take upwards of 50 hours to complete. I feel like I'm just sailing around in circles because the game doesn't give you much direction in terms of where to go next. All the locations that are marked on my map as the places I need to go are all inaccessible to me right now, and I don't know how or where to get the upgrades I need to proceed. I was really liking the game, a lot, but I'm not sure if I have another 30+ hours of this left in me. It is a game that I'm going to feel bad about dropping, but also, a game that should give you some more concrete direction. Like I need some item to get the zipline upgrade, but it doesn't tell me where I can find that item, but I only need the zipline upgrade so that I can get another upgrade...and I'm not sure I'm loving the game loop after this many hours anymore. They need some option where you can mark the items you need and they'll show you where to get them on the map.

I'm not sure how much I played, I'd guess around 10-15 hours, and I dropped right off it. Absolutely loved it at first but it became so tiresome sailing around and passing time. Then trying to figure out what I needed to do next was just ... not fun.

Shame as i really liked what I played, it was just far too padded out and would've been a better game has they trimmed some of it right down.

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021
Not really, EA now only says it's "Coming in 2021" with nothing more specific.

Apparently the service will work with Game Pass via the EA Desktop app-- which I believe EA still hasn't managed to get fully working yet. Other posters who had an EA Play sub already have talked about there still being a LOT of bugs in the beta.
That's a shame.

It sucks seeing them all available on console.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
Does FFXII on PC GP have achievements?

Description says yes but want to make sure. Don't want another Donut County problem

edit: nope, not Donut County. It was CrossCode

Last edited:

yoonshik

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason every time I start FF XII the app takes me to another window to confirm that I want to play the game. This is super annoying because I play with controller, and I always have to get up and click on "Let's play" :/

Aug 9, 2020
Man....I had no idea Spiritfarer was such a long game. I'm like 16 hours in and I've only taken one person to their final destination. I'm looking at HLTB and it seems like this game can take upwards of 50 hours to complete. I feel like I'm just sailing around in circles because the game doesn't give you much direction in terms of where to go next. All the locations that are marked on my map as the places I need to go are all inaccessible to me right now, and I don't know how or where to get the upgrades I need to proceed. I was really liking the game, a lot, but I'm not sure if I have another 30+ hours of this left in me. It is a game that I'm going to feel bad about dropping, but also, a game that should give you some more concrete direction. Like I need some item to get the zipline upgrade, but it doesn't tell me where I can find that item, but I only need the zipline upgrade so that I can get another upgrade...and I'm not sure I'm loving the game loop after this many hours anymore. They need some option where you can mark the items you need and they'll show you where to get them on the map.
I ended up completing it around the 30 hour mark, but I did get slowed down around the mid-game. You can't really veer from the specific path the game wants you to take. Also, I wasted some time crafting excess materials. Use a "just in time" manufacturing philosophy for what you need to progress the story.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I ended up completing it around the 30 hour mark, but I did get slowed down around the mid-game. You can't really veer from the specific path the game wants you to take. Also, I wasted some time crafting excess materials. Use a "just in time" manufacturing philosophy for what you need to progress the story.

I hear you. I've basically stopped gardening unless I get new seeds because I have enough food to feed people for the next hundred years, but the next task, or objective, I have right now is to build Frog guy a Desk, but I need an aluminum for the desk. I have gone to every island that's available for to me to access and I can't find aluminum. Or he also needs Fried Chicken, for which I need Fat, and guess what I can't find anywhere. Basically, I've hit a point where I can't figure out how to complete ANY of the current objectives in my objective list, so I just keep going back to islands I've already been to to see if I missed anything, and it just amounts to too much aimless meandering around looking for these resources. The game should have done a much better job at signposting these resources...which based on the other couple replies I've received, seems to be a common sentiment. Just have the Frog guy go "Hey, I want that desk, if you're looking for Aluminum you should go to X island".

Anyway, the game is beautiful, and charming, but the core gameplay loop/exploration/resource gathering part of it, is kind of half baked imo.

Aug 9, 2020
I hear you. I've basically stopped gardening unless I get new seeds because I have enough food to feed people for the next hundred years, but the next task, or objective, I have right now is to build Frog guy a Desk, but I need an aluminum for the desk. I have gone to every island that's available for to me to access and I can't find aluminum. Or he also needs Fried Chicken, for which I need Fat, and guess what I can't find anywhere. Basically, I've hit a point where I can't figure out how to complete ANY of the current objectives in my objective list, so I just keep going back to islands I've already been to to see if I missed anything, and it just amounts to too much aimless meandering around looking for these resources. The game should have done a much better job at signposting these resources...which based on the other couple replies I've received, seems to be a common sentiment. Just have the Frog guy go "Hey, I want that desk, if you're looking for Aluminum you should go to X island".

Anyway, the game is beautiful, and charming, but the core gameplay loop/exploration/resource gathering part of it, is kind of half baked imo.
You have to ignore Atul until the last quarter of the game. He mentioned fried chicken to me for over two thirds of the game, and I don't understand why they implemented him that way. Where you're at, you need to focus on adding every possible new character to your boat. You can't get certain crafting items without their story mission... I hope the devs address some of the balance and story progression issues with the new updates this year.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You have to ignore Atul until the last quarter of the game. He mentioned fried chicken to me for over two thirds of the game, and I don't understand why they implemented him that way. Where you're at, you need to focus on adding every possible new character to your boat. You can't get certain crafting items without their story mission... I hope the devs address some of the balance and story progression issues with the new updates this year.

That's where I'm kind of at with it. I think I may hold off until the Spring update and see if they add some meaningful QOL improvements.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
I think I installed and then uninstalled Spiritfarer three times before finally giving up on it for good. I'm sure the story is fantastic but I don't think I can stick with that gameplay loop for 25-30 hours.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I loved Spiritfarer. It's too long, I agree, and the gameplay loop is repetitive, but what game isn't at its core.

Just study a bit what gives you the best money return when sold / what side missions are best, and try to have everyone on board at the same time. You need to have as many passengers as possible because you will progress very very slowly otherwise. Try to recognize new passengers in islands and figure the way to bring them on board out as a priority.

Don't cook/build unless needed, there's no need for a lot of things.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I think I installed and then uninstalled Spiritfarer three times before finally giving up on it for good. I'm sure the story is fantastic but I don't think I can stick with that gameplay loop for 25-30 hours.
Yeah, I burnt out on the core loop after about 10 hours. Just didn't connect with me. One of those rare times where I wish a game had less gameplay.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Not really, EA now only says it's "Coming in 2021" with nothing more specific.

Apparently the service will work with Game Pass via the EA Desktop app-- which I believe EA still hasn't managed to get fully working yet. Other posters who had an EA Play sub already have talked about there still being a LOT of bugs in the beta.
Not even an EA Play sub, just owning EA games. Some of them literally aren't there lol

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
My next game to play is Outer Wilds. I was to start it a month ago or thereabouts. But I got distracted by Grim Fandango and The Medium.

But I'm finally diving into the game. I know nothing about Outer Wilds other than it's supposed to be very good, and there are some planet-hopping and detective elements.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
My next game to play is Outer Wilds. I was to start it a month ago or thereabouts. But I got distracted by Grim Fandango and The Medium.

But I'm finally diving into the game. I know nothing about Outer Wilds other than it's supposed to be very good, and there are some planet-hopping and detective elements.
It's amazing, one of my favorite games.

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
Dying Light 2 gameplay demo looked really great. I'd love for Xbox to acquire Techland and snag it as an exclusive. The first game was excellent, too. Clearly a talented studio with plenty to offer.

Jun 15, 2020
Just tried Forza Horizon 4 for the first time and I think I'm gunna have trouble sleeping tonight lol, adrenaline still pumping.

I've never really played any racing games before, except for Mario Kart and this blew me away. Looks absolutely incredible too.
My theory is that 70% of Forza Horizon fans don't typically like racing games.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey not sure this is the place to ask but this technically linked to game pass so I'll ask here and if needed redirect

When playing games on xcloud the gameplay area is too small if that makes sense? This wasn't an issue about 2 months ago. Worked great then

Like I lose about a third of the area I'm guessing

Tried google and it's only about people tryna make games go full screen

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to buy one month of gamepass for PC with 5 euros in my Xbox account but it doesn't let me. It keeps asking for another payment method so I can pay "the rest". What the fuck? I just want the one month deal for 1 euro.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
The a month for a dollar offer is for first time users only, as far as I know. You are not a first time user :(

Sometimes there are offers that get you 3 months of Ultimate for a dollar, though.

Nah, the offer is live for everyone right now. It says it is temporarily 90% off.

I think they want my credit card details so they can keep me subscribed. That is why they don't let me buy with only my Microsoft Store account. Sneaky bastards. Fuck it then, I'm not buying.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, the offer is live for everyone right now. It says it is temporarily 90% off.

I think they want my credit card details so they can keep me subscribed. That is why they don't let me buy with only my Microsoft Store account. Sneaky bastards. Fuck it then, I'm not buying.
They don't usually have a problem with you using your account balance to pay, but they do usually ask for an alternative "backup payment" solution in addition.

Since I don't live in a supported region, I can't use any credit card or paypal whatsoever so I pay with my account balance. When I removed my card from my account, it stopped asking for a backup option.

Adrifi

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country

You can disable automatic renewal after subscribing if that's what you mean.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
They don't usually have a problem with you using your account balance to pay, but they do usually ask for an alternative "backup payment" solution in addition.

Since I don't live in a supported region, I can't use any credit card or paypal whatsoever so I pay with my account balance. When I removed my card from my account, it stopped asking for a backup option.

It doesn't ask for an alternative. It asks me to add an option to "pay the rest" as if my 5 euros in my account isn't enough to pay for the 1 euro deal.

You can disable automatic renewal after subscribing if that's what you mean.

But for that I would have to give them my bank details. I don't feel comfortable doing that for any entertainment service.

But I just realised it is also possible to just buy those Game Pass keycodes and use them to subscribe without giving any of my details. But not for 1 euro unfortunately :(

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble signing into the PC app?

It just tells me "we couldn't sign you into Xbox Live" over and over. I just wanna play Zodiac Age :(

I've tried numerous things; changed my microsoft password, restarted the auth service in services.msc, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I'm paid up for this month.

It loads up my collection and it even let me install FFXII, but when I try to launch it I get that message, and when I choose "Sign In" on the app I get it too.

Microsoft's FAQs and help chat were pretty useless.

Edit

Had to actually get phone support, and the fix was the one thing I hadn't tried (uninstall Companion, reboot, reinstall).

Zodiac Age here I come

Last edited:

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
I'm not sure how much I played, I'd guess around 10-15 hours, and I dropped right off it. Absolutely loved it at first but it became so tiresome sailing around and passing time. Then trying to figure out what I needed to do next was just ... not fun.

Shame as i really liked what I played, it was just far too padded out and would've been a better game has they trimmed some of it right down.

Yeah I've played 5ish hours if I had to guess, had no idea it was a long game. I've liked what I played, but doubt I'll finish it given the length and already finding the gameloop a bit dull. Love the art style and like the characters and narrative so far so I won't shelve it yet.

I did drop Gears Tactics pretty quickly. I love gears, but strategy games and turn based games in general just aren't my cup of tea at all.

Started up Doom Eternal and played through the first two campaign missions and I'm loving that so far. Seems quite a bit harder than Doom 2016, but having fun and will just drop difficulty down to easy if needed. So far so goo though.

Last edited:

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
Dragon Quest XI has taken up all of my gaming time lately. I'm just over 40 hours in and I'm loving it! Load times are near non existent on the Series X as well.

Game Pass most certainly isn't legal.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest XI has taken up all of my gaming time lately. I'm just over 40 hours in and I'm loving it! Load times are near non existent on the Series X as well.

Game Pass most certainly isn't legal.

I sunk over 80 hrs into that gem of a game. I think the I start load times made the experience even better. For sure would have become frustrated with it if the load times were last gen.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished Will of the Wisps. Man, what an experience. Not sure where they're going to go for an eventual sequel. Just generally on the game, whilst I loved it, I did find the difficulty reduce towards the end because the sheer number of powers and abilities you have becomes kind of overpowered. Being able to heal yourself specifically made even boss battles feel quite simple, the big bastard Frog aside.

Next game up is Titanfall 2. Played about a third of it years ago, but excited to try it again.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Game Pass plus Microsoft Rewards continues to floor me with what a great and unbelievable combo it is. Sure doing pointless bing searches is odd, but getting at least 10 free bucks a month easy to spend on games is awesome.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
I can't seem to get FF12 to launch on gamepass on pc. I try to launch it like any other game and nothing happens.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.