• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried playing the Falconeer last night and couldn't figure out how to reload. The game set my checkpoint toward a thunderstorm and I saw the lightening zap me but the checkpoint never moved. What the hell?
Got the same issue when I tried, I kept turning around in the thunderstorm for minutes and the checkpoint was still the same.

I ended up closing the game, I'll reload the mission from the start next time, maybe a bug, but that's not giving good impression as it happens very early in the game.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Got the same issue when I tried, I kept turning around in the thunderstorm for minutes and the checkpoint was still the same.

I ended up closing the game, I'll reload the mission from the start next time, maybe a bug, but that's not giving good impression as it happens very early in the game.
Happened to me, reloaded the game and havent had a single bug since.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Anyone's phone upgraded to Android 11 and effectively made game streaming on the game pass app unplayable? Every time I start a game, it now completely zooms in and cuts off a large part of the image on my phone.

I'm on a Samsung S10+.
I think I had to reset my resolution or something, maybe my "screen zoom" setting, under display. The latest update (s10) screwed up the icons on my home screen too. So iono.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I started Kiwami 1. Should I play 0 between 1 and 2 or after 2? I know now that it is considered ideal to play it first.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
Falconeer has some issues but I am enjoying, but people must give up early because the achievements are all rare which is a shame as it impressive for a single developer game

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
For all the Desperados fans, this video of the devs watching a speedrun of it is really fun. For reference, he finishes the train level in under 3m and it only gets wilder from there. The runner plays this SOB like it's Starcraft.

Jun 15, 2020
With Monster Hunter: World being added to Cloud, I hope they add Iceborne at some point. I already have it, but I would like the player base to get a boost. I know expansions/DLC isn't typical, but it has happened a few times. And it's almost a year and a half old now, they're probably not selling a ton of new copies.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Ori was basically my launch game back in November and shot straight into my favourite games of all time.

Pleased to report, four hours into WotW, that it is better in every way. I'm absolutely hooked.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
For all the Desperados fans, this video of the devs watching a speedrun of it is really fun. For reference, he finishes the train level in under 3m and it only gets wilder from there. The runner plays this SOB like it's Starcraft.

This is mad. PC clearly much more efficient than Xbox. But I just did the
ranch defense
mission and whereas the first try (on Hard) took over an hour, I did it (on Beginner, sure, but trying to get badges and learn the layouts more) in 23 minutes. For a long time I was playing the game super stealthy, even non--lethal. And then 'fuck it, go nuts' became the mantra and I can now do things I never thought possible.

Going back to an early level now shows just how much skill and knowledge you gather by the end.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I just finished Desperados 3 the last level took me 3.5 hours! Haha.

Fantastic game. Really really highly recommended. So much replayability with the challenges and multiple routes.

I loved taking my time, exploring, trying out ideas and routes. It's saves scum paradise. It's a puzzle game as much as a strategy game. The levels were so well made and incredibly detailed. Like I kept getting stuck while running on seemingly nothing, I look carefully and there is a tiny rock.

Like Shadow Tactics (my first time playing this style game) Desp 3 fell into that DIshonored, Deus Ex camp of letting me just play and explore how I want.

I dread to think how many hours the entire game took me probably 20-25 hours which is hilarious when most missions have a speedrun challenge which is normally between 7-15 minutes.

I'm a bit annoyed as I didn't look up a single thing the entire game, but the ending area had me stumped.. so I had to google quick and it was kinda obvious
I took out all the non-Frank blue guards but then wasn't sure. After seeing a brief youtube video it was obvious what to do... The game even gives you an ammo box for each character with one bullet each. The problem I didn't think of that is because I never used the shotgun or Kate's pistol so the thought didn't even cross my mind.

Anyway super game. Will play their next game no questions. Will probably buy on release instead of waiting for Game Pass.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
did the feature to DL games if you dont own them out yet? Or have i just been unable to figure it out?

Want to get FF12 downloaded.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK

Fantastic game. Really really highly recommended. So much replayability with the challenges and multiple routes.

I loved taking my time, exploring, trying out ideas and routes. It's saves scum paradise. It's a puzzle game as much as a strategy game. The levels were so well made and incredibly detailed. Like I kept getting stuck while running on seemingly nothing, I look carefully and there is a tiny rock.

Like Shadow Tactics (my first time playing this style game) Desp 3 fell into that DIshonored, Deus Ex camp of letting me just play and explore how I want.

I dread to think how many hours the entire game took me probably 20-25 hours which is hilarious when most missions have a speedrun challenge which is normally between 7-15 minutes.

I'm a bit annoyed as I didn't look up a single thing the entire game, but the ending area had me stumped.. so I had to google quick and it was kinda obvious
I took out all the non-Frank blue guards but then wasn't sure. After seeing a brief youtube video it was obvious what to do... The game even gives you an ammo box for each character with one bullet each. The problem I didn't think of that is because I never used the shotgun or Kate's pistol so the thought didn't even cross my mind.

Anyway super game. Will play their next game no questions. Will probably buy on release instead of waiting for Game Pass.
Ah I've given up on it. It's just way too difficult =(

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Ah I've given up on it. It's just way too difficult =(

I don't know if it helps, but if you were playing slow, try playing a bit faster and looser. Whilst making too much noise is often a death sentence, you can be much more aggressive with movement and kills than I realised at first.

I made a LTTP for Desperados III, to stop jamming up this thread with my gushing - and there's no OT on Era?!: https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-desperados-iii.375405/

Last edited:

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I let the Medium sit unplayed for a few days after running through a few hours. It was much more enjoyable in the 45 minute chunk I played than trying to play a bunch in one sitting.

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
Really wanted to love this game but felt like the difficulty ramps up way too quickly.

Just finished it tonight! Things got a bit sketchy towards the end but I played the whole thing slow (never increased from default speed) and min maxed where I could. I think I made it through with 590 folks? And most of my deaths were from two (likely scripted) events near the end. So its certainly doable if you grasp the systems

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

Where did you play it?

miserable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what time do the new games drop usually? It's the 11th already in New Zealand and I was wondering if the store gets updated there earlier.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
Added 3 years of GPU in November last year. Has anyone added a 3 month GPU voucher to an existing GPU subscription? Should it work ok?

I started Kiwami 1. Should I play 0 between 1 and 2 or after 2? I know now that it is considered ideal to play it first.
Play 0 after 5 don't ruin yourself of the best plot twist of the series.

Wouldn't it be best to stop playing Kiwami and start 0? Although the games don't really have a running storyline, 0 definitely sets up characters and relationships.
Wut? 1-3 is a saga and 3-6 is another and each game builds from the last.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Yeah got it with a hard drive purchase, doesn't expire until the summer. Just wanted to make sure what to expect, and I'm not going to replace 2.75 years with 3 months!!!

Yeah it just adds the 3 months onto the end of your existing sub. But keep in mind that if you try to extend it even a day past 36 months you'll get an error message and you won't be allowed to redeem the code.

So check your current sub end date first. If it's November 10, 2023 or earlier you should be fine (because it would extend you to February 10, 2024 or earlier, which is within the 36 months). Anything later and you'll get the error.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it just adds the 3 months onto the end of your existing sub. But keep in mind that if you try to extend it even a day past 36 months you'll get an error message and you won't be allowed to redeem the code.

So check your current sub end date first. If it's November 10, 2023 or earlier you should be fine (because it would extend you to February 10, 2024 or earlier, which is within the 36 months). Anything later and you'll get the error.

Yeah I was 7th November which is why I diarised for today.

However I still get this weirdly worded message:

Upgrading your membership
Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass or EA Play membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at the current conversion ratio, up to 36 months (any time over 36 months will be lost). Note that all conversions are final, and the conversion ratio is subject to change.

then this next:

Here is what you get
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (3 month subscription)

I assume I'm ok and it's just ambiguous wording?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
FYI 3 month codes can be redeemed for 4 months if you turn off the auto-renew. You have to wait for 4 months to be free though.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not the right thread but I need to vent. FUCK that new Xbox update which has stuck "Xbox Assist" at the bottom of the list when you press the Menu button.

For the longest time I've pressed the button, pressed RT to scroll straight to Quit and hit A to exit the game/app I'm currently in. Now it brings up something no one wants or needs. I've now got to train myself to stop doing the thing I've been doing for 5+ years.
YES EXACTLY

OMG how can you fuck up the interface so bad like that.

It took me long enough to learn about the RT button to go straight to the bottom and now they take that from me. $#@%!&=%$#!!!!
If either of you are in the Preview program, please file a bug as feedback.
I will take this feedback back to the team to re-evaluate this change, but of course no promises
Thanks !
In recent Insider Alpha Skip Ahead builds they changed that, now the right trigger goes to the last element before the separation, pressing it one more time goes to the Xbox Assistant.

So now I can finally quit apps and games like before :)

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017

I did it and and now covered until Feb 2024 so thank you for your help

OscarK

Developer at Xbox
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks !
In recent Insider Alpha Skip Ahead builds they changed that, now the right trigger goes to the last element before the separation, pressing it one more time goes to the Xbox Assistant.

Yep, this is a change as a direct result of feedback both here and via bugs. The Assist link is important to ensuring users can find help in a consistent manner, but it definitely impeded quick navigation.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Had to deactivate HDR systemwide to enjoy The Falconeer. It's horrible. Completely grey and dim and zero settings for it. :/

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks !

Yep, this is a change as a direct result of feedback both here and via bugs. The Assist link is important to ensuring users can find help in a consistent manner, but it definitely impeded quick navigation.

Oh! That is awesome to know. These little things make or break the UI in the end. I hope it goes to the general public soon, alpha is too advanced for me to use (I'm not in any beta dash).

OscarK do you work in Xbox software or something? I took your advice and reported it as a bug. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.