• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The Touryst is pretty fun. It reminds me of those old flash games I played on the internet and on the Cartoon Networks website. Anything platforming-related absolutely sucks though.

Currently thinking about what my next game will be. After Superhot, Nightcall, Donut County and now The Touryst I think I'm ready to play something a bit meatier again. Probably going to bite the bullet and play Control. If we were getting the Ultimate edition as well we probably would've known by now or it's going to be in a couple of months' time.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Holy moly Desperados 3 has me hooked. I grew up on Commandos 2 so have always enjoyed the genre. I liked Shadow Tactics but never finished it, but this... this has me good.

Isabelle is AMAZING

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda not really getting the love for the Falconeer. Seems like a pretty bland one of those Star Fox type games.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

If you are looking for a game like Among Us to play with a group of friends then Project Winter is one to try. It just released on Game Pass for console and PC (today actually!). The XboxEra crew got together and played it and we've made a little video review. :)

Also, installing The Falconeer now. Not sure if it's for me but I love the style Tomas Sala went with.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
The Touryst is pretty fun. It reminds me of those old flash games I played on the internet and on the Cartoon Networks website. Anything platforming-related absolutely sucks though.

Currently thinking about what my next game will be. After Superhot, Nightcall, Donut County and now The Touryst I think I'm ready to play something a bit meatier again. Probably going to bite the bullet and play Control. If we were getting the Ultimate edition as well we probably would've known by now or it's going to be in a couple of months' time.
Just remember that you will lose your save if you ever decide to switch to the Ultimate Edition.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Nooo, Ninja Gaiden II is leaving!

Damn, I think I'll have to buy it now.

Holy moly Desperados 3 has me hooked. I grew up on Commandos 2 so have always enjoyed the genre. I liked Shadow Tactics but never finished it, but this... this has me good.

Isabelle is AMAZING

I wanted to like Shadow Tactics but I found it to be frustrating to play on controller, to say the least.

I downloaded D3 but I'm worried I'm gonna bounce off it like I did with Shadow Tactics.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
I'm such an idiot, I wanted to play Ninja Gaiden II after I beat NG Black which I have this disc for... only to find it's stuck in my 360 and I can't find a power cord to eject the damn disc :X

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
just remote installed Falconeer, gonna give it a whirl after I play more Ori today.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I wanted to like Shadow Tactics but I found it to be frustrating to play on controller, to say the least.

I downloaded D3 but I'm worried I'm gonna bounce off it like I did with Shadow Tactics.

The controls are fine for me. Doing things super quickly and slickly will take some practice, however. But pulling off a combo of kills and surfing viewcones is so much fun!

I just watched a speedrunner and HOLY SHIT.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
I think i'm going to give up Cyber Shadow at this point, got to Chapter 8 and decided to backtrack a bit for upgrades and MAN, the OHKO spikes are just too much. They really ought to add more i-frames or some spike shield power-up. Was liking it otherwise too and I didn't have ANY nostalgia for Ninja Gaiden.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I got around to starting Control via PC Gamepass tonight, and it seems super cool, but it keeps crashing. I've had 2 hard locks and then crash to desktop within half an hour. I'm seeing a few tweets and Reddit posts about it, but most are a couple of weeks old with no fixes. Anyone else had this issue and know a fix? 1080ti and an 8600k, game runs perfectly smoothly until the crashes occur (apart from some textures loading in slowly, like paintings)

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
I got around to starting Control via PC Gamepass tonight, and it seems super cool, but it keeps crashing. I've had 2 hard locks and then crash to desktop within half an hour. I'm seeing a few tweets and Reddit posts about it, but most are a couple of weeks old with no fixes. Anyone else had this issue and know a fix? 1080ti and an 8600k, game runs perfectly smoothly until the crashes occur (apart from some textures loading in slowly, like paintings)

Yeah, same issues, no idea why there's no fix yet.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Any word on when the reset of the Bethesda games catalog is coming to Xbox Game Pass? I want to replay Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on when the reset of the Bethesda games catalog is coming to Xbox Game Pass? I want to replay Elder Scrolls Oblivion.
I'd love Oblivion at 60 fps and 4k :D I don't see many games that have been patched to higher framerates yet, or am I wrong? I remember reading that it would be possible to do in older games.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
I'd love Oblivion at 60 fps and 4k :D I don't see many games that have been patched to higher framerates yet, or am I wrong? I remember reading that it would be possible to do in older games.
none have been, at least using the technique that microsoft showed off a while back. i think it'll be announced at some event with a bunch of games.

or it might be really difficult to pull off and quietly forgotten about.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
none have been, at least using the technique that microsoft showed off a while back. i think it'll be announced at some event with a bunch of games.

or it might be really difficult to pull off and quietly forgotten about.
I hope the first is the correct answer

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Will Be the Best Place to Play 1000s of Games From Across Four Generations of Xbox - Xbox Wire

New technology to double framerates

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S bring next-gen performance to your favorite games. Higher, steadier framerates make games feel smoother, resulting in more immersive gameplay. Many improvements are the result of the custom designed processor that allows compatible games to play and leverage the increased CPU, GPU and memory from the new consoles. In addition however, the backward compatibility team has developed new methods for effectively doubling the framerate on select titles. While not applicable for many titles due to the game's original physics or animations, these new techniques the team has developed can push game engines to render more quickly for a buttery smooth experience beyond what the original game might have delivered due to the capabilities of the hardware. Fallout 4 framerate, shown below, is effectively doubled from 30fps to 60fps on Xbox Series S, delivering a new way to preserve and enjoy this legendary title.

Last edited:

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Playing Ninja Gaiden 2 right now before it leaves and it really looks fantastic at 4K HDR

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I bet we get bethesda stuff in the second half of the month.

I guess not sooner than early April/late March, assuming at early March the sale is completely done and fulfilled.

I'm in no hurry though and I wish they add some enhancements for some games over time. Is for example The Evil Within playable at 60 fps in any console? The second one was unlocked at least in 1X/Series, right?

Dishonored 2 was set to leave and never left because of it and they added eternal and skyrim.

These may have been negotiated beforehand, especially Doom and Skyrim. Dishonored I imagine they made a last minute extended deal for some time until the sale is settled and they rework it or make the arrangement obsolete.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Dishonored 2 was set to leave and never left because of it and they added eternal and skyrim.

I mean, they already had a close relationship between the two companies with numerous games coming to GP. I'm sure Eternal and Skyrim were negotiated in advance of the sale. But if people are expecting all the Bethesda games in one go before the sale completes I tend to doubt it.

Phil's already talked about how he can't speak about the future of Bethesda games because he can't direct a company they don't own yet. The optics of every Bethesda game hitting GP probably aren't great when you're still dealing with regulators.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

This is why games on Game Pass don't announce their leaving dates when they get added (as is frequently requested). So many games just get extended out of nowhere. Presumably when pubs/devs see GP actually being a net positive on their performance (see that BMXing game that is always cited).

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
More Bethesda games joining GamePass right now is an easy and above board method for Microsoft to transfer money into the ZeniMax/Bethesda accounts to facilitate game development. It is not like the deal is not going to close and a little MS money being thrown around may assist with future employee relations.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
This is why games on Game Pass don't announce their leaving dates when they get added (as is frequently requested). So many games just get extended out of nowhere. Presumably when pubs/devs see GP actually being a net positive on their performance (see that BMXing game that is always cited).
I can see games like R6S, Ark, Pubg, Black desert, Day Z and the like never leaving no matter what because of that.

They could at least say for how long a game is expected to stay at least or give more than a months notice in advance before they leave, 2 months would be much better for instance.

I guess not sooner than early April/late March, assuming at early March the sale is completely done and fulfilled.

I'm in no hurry though and I wish they add some enhancements for some games over time. Is for example The Evil Within playable at 60 fps in any console? The second one was unlocked at least in 1X/Series, right?

These may have been negotiated beforehand, especially Doom and Skyrim. Dishonored I imagine they made a last minute extended deal for some time until the sale is settled and they rework it or make the arrangement obsolete.
I mean, they already had a close relationship between the two companies with numerous games coming to GP. I'm sure Eternal and Skyrim were negotiated in advance of the sale. But if people are expecting all the Bethesda games in one go before the sale completes I tend to doubt it.

Phil's already talked about how he can't speak about the future of Bethesda games because he can't direct a company they don't own yet. The optics of every Bethesda game hitting GP probably aren't great when you're still dealing with regulators.
Hm, it makes sense they already had a deal for those 2 games yeah.

Also I expect some bethesda stuff, not all of it at once, MS is sure to drip feed everyone the games.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Falconeer looks and runs beautifully and even the core gameplay mechanics (flying and shooting) work great for me but I understand jack shit about t he surroundings mechanics. What are the menus? Do the names of people I choose matter? What are chapters? Is it an open world game or missions based? Can I trade and how do I acquire goods.

I failed the tutorial but didn't know why. Also, the tutorial doesn't really register what you do, instead of bombing the second barge I just shot it up and didn't learn how to throw bombs.

but well, it looks stunning and is quite relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.