• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I've played it for around one hour, until I got bored. I liked the writing but felt the gameplay was lacking : just gliding wherever there are red stuff to collect. Does it change / evolve a bit ?

The gliding doesnt evolve or change. You cant hover over more blue flow threads and you get upgraded attacks for combat. If you dont enjoy gameplay loop and dont want to stick for the story/dialogues, then i guess you wont be able to finish it.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Not on Game Pass anymore, but I grabbed Little Nightmares via Games with Gold and just finished it there - a great wee game.

Really creepy atmosphere that reminded me a lot of things like Limbo and Inside.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not on Game Pass anymore, but I grabbed Little Nightmares via Games with Gold and just finished it there - a great wee game.

Really creepy atmosphere that reminded me a lot of things like Limbo and Inside.
Yeah I bought it years ago when it came out as a lot of people were rating it at the time. I own it, had access to it via gamepass and now own it again via gold...I still haven't played it yet!?

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Has there been any word on when EA Play's going to make it to GamePass PC? I'd originally planned to play Fallen Order over the Christmas break, so it's a bummer that we're now heading towards the end of January and there's still no sign of it.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any word on when EA Play's going to make it to GamePass PC? I'd originally planned to play Fallen Order over the Christmas break, so it's a bummer that we're now heading towards the end of January and there's still no sign of it.
No words. It will not be soon.

EA has said that the EA Play with GPPC would work with EA Desktop app. The App is not ready.

Trello

Organize anything, together. Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, know what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.
answers.ea.com

Known Issues - EA App

Welcome to the EA App! The EA app isn’t just a reskin or a bug fix — it’s a new gaming platform with new features as well as improvements to performance, function, and design. We're still hard at work shaping this experience for you. That means some features aren't working yet or may be...

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So the F1 games have no tutorials? Downloaded F1 2019 but I absolutely suck at these games and wanted to learn yet the game doesn't teach me

TEACH ME MASTER

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
No words. It will not be soon.

EA has said that the EA Play with GPPC would work with EA Desktop app. The App is not ready.

Trello

Organize anything, together. Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, know what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.
answers.ea.com

Known Issues - EA App

Welcome to the EA App! The EA app isn’t just a reskin or a bug fix — it’s a new gaming platform with new features as well as improvements to performance, function, and design. We're still hard at work shaping this experience for you. That means some features aren't working yet or may be...
Ah, well, shit. I've only got until November before my sub - I did the Xbox Live conversion a couple of years back - runs out.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Man Edith Finch just gave me a terrible case of motion sickness. Tried turning mouse sensitivity down which seemed to help a bit but made playing more tedious. Maybe it was just a coincidence and I ate something bad; gonna try again in different lighting or farther from the screen or something because damn. :( Worst case scenario, it's a short game so I just power through it in small increments

Leaving at the end of the month:

FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION (Console)
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION (PC)
Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour (Console/PC)
Gris (PC)
Indivisible (Console/PC)
Sea Salt (Console/PC)
Gris is amazing, go play it y'all. It's only like 3-4 hours too if I recall; finished it in two sittings

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So the F1 games have no tutorials? Downloaded F1 2019 but I absolutely suck at these games and wanted to learn yet the game doesn't teach me

TEACH ME MASTER
If you do the practice sessions during a race weekend, there are some mini challenges that get you acclimated to the track and car. (Corning, tyre management, etc) Thats about as good as you are gonna get. I'd also take a car out in a time trial and just fiddle with your options on the radio, and get a good idea of the controls for fuel flow, using the radio, checking tyre wear etc.

You can also rewind like Forza if you take a corner badly or need to correct a mistake.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal

So hot

EDIT: Whoops, I just saw this on the last page. I thought it was from today. Otherwise I didn't hear any commotion over this!

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
So does Game Pass for PC work or not? I use it and it works for me (and my friend with whom I share it), but what's the consensus? Do the majority of people have problems with it?

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what else they could possibly add for the rest of the month on the PC side, but at the very least we're getting The Medium, Cyber Shadow, Yakuza 3-5 Remastered, and Control. Which is just ridiculous.

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
Man Edith Finch just gave me a terrible case of motion sickness. Tried turning mouse sensitivity down which seemed to help a bit but made playing more tedious. Maybe it was just a coincidence and I ate something bad; gonna try again in different lighting or farther from the screen or something because damn. :( Worst case scenario, it's a short game so I just power through it in small increments

Gris is amazing, go play it y'all. It's only like 3-4 hours too if I recall; finished it in two sittings
I am fine with that...

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even play Fallen Order - which I own on EGS - with EA Desktop so that should tell you a lot.

I had to uninstall it and let Origin resume it's duties in order to play it.

H3xum

Oct 30, 2017
Doh

Just started FF15 Royal Edition to tide me over since I am itching for the FF7 Remake

Guess I have to cut back on sidequests to knock this out prior to the end of the month

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
nice, nothing leaving that i want to play. looking forward to hearing about the new additions, really excited for Cyber Shadow

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
So does Game Pass for PC work or not? I use it and it works for me (and my friend with whom I share it), but what's the consensus? Do the majority of people have problems with it?
Check the poll here
www.resetera.com

Gamepass PC is a ticking time bomb that results in permanently lost HDD/SSD space unless you nuke windows Microsoft - PC - Tech

EDIT: Also, almost all games that can't be uninstalled can not be reinstalled again even if you somehow manage to delete their data making that game completely unplayable. I had an issue with Wasteland 3 not being able to install about 4 months ago. What happened was I had the game installed...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
welp time to uninstall FF15, never got around to it and now I wont play in the next 12 days for sure. Oh well.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Do I play outer Wilds or gears tactics next! Is outer Wilds more likely to be removed since gears is a first party game?

SirThou

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, think I have to play NieR fairly soon based on that.

Finally finished Celeste over the weekend after years of starting/stopping. Such a good game, really tight platforming, really good story. I started doing the B-Sides (finished the first 3) but I don't think it's worth the frustration to finish them.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, think I have to play NieR fairly soon based on that.

Finally finished Celeste over the weekend after years of starting/stopping. Such a good game, really tight platforming, really good story. I started doing the B-Sides (finished the first 3) but I don't think it's worth the frustration to finish them.
Is neir on pc or just consoles

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass has been the conduit for me to discover Sea of Thieves. Wow. Just wow.

Welcome! Come and join us in the OT!

www.resetera.com

Sea of Thieves |OT2| The Golden Era of Piracy

Yarr, welcome one and all to OT2! (Hastily put together by yours truly, though in true Pirate fashion, I stole the banner from the last OT - Credit to Centracor once again) Platform(s): Xbox One, PC (Windows 10 Store) - Crossplay, Gamepass and Crossbuy Enabled Players: 1-4 Players Online Only...

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Gears Tactics is a weird game. The core gameplay is excellent. The wrapping around the outside slowly comes off it though. The campaign loses so much momentum, it's a shame. Really glad it was made and really enjoyed actually playing it, moment to moment, but definitely room for improvement in pacing, campaign meta-game et al.

Oct 12, 2020

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I played for like two hours and couldn't get into it, the world felt unnecessarily big and a slog to traverse.

it didnt click with me last time I tried it either, I was gonna give it another go eventually but its all good. If I really want to Ill just buy it on PC one of these days or something, its always super cheap.

I needed SSD space for Halo 5 anyway :3

Last edited:

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Damn it! For some reason I decided to go for Dragon Quest 11 first instead of Final Fantasy 15, and now I'm fucked. Oh well...

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Gears Tactics is a weird game. The core gameplay is excellent. The wrapping around the outside slowly comes off it though. The campaign loses so much momentum, it's a shame. Really glad it was made and really enjoyed actually playing it, moment to moment, but definitely room for improvement in pacing, campaign meta-game et al.

Yeah, this sums up my experience with it perfectly. I hope they have a sequel planned that rectifies the faults, as it's definitely a spin-off worth sticking with.

Status
Not open for further replies.