• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2018
Oof, people weren't kidding about the Impossible Lair (Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair) being much harder than the rest of the game. Nothing undoable so far, but after six tries, I've only gotten a little over 60% through. Happy that Playtonic patched the game with checkpoints now, making it a bit more palatable. Definitely expect to get better with practice, though.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
This is the best game of last year that I definitely never would've given a chance if it wasn't on game pass. It was in my top 10, I wish there were more games like it.

I'm just at the end of my 2nd playthrough picking all the different options - it's causing me physical pain to pick some of the more ruthless ones. Such a great game. I've never played it, but the only thing I know that sounds similar is Papers Please - think that's PC only though.

yeah it's really straightforward
That moment you pick it back up after playing for an hour or two one month later and finally see the title screen
Dragon Quest XI S is fantastic, but it's a very classical style JRPG with menus, turn based combat etc

Honestly I've sunk well over 80 hrs into the game on Game Pass, it really was a surprisingly great game, massive too. If any of you want Lost Odyssey to return in any capacity you owe it to yourself to play this game.

Thanks for these - got it downloaded to start soon.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Currently playing through Grim Fandango. I was a big fan of point and click games back in the day but somehow missed this one.

Im really enjoying this game but I don't think I'm smart enough for it lol. I've had to cheat a couple times because I really had no idea what to do next. The game doesn't help you all that much either. But that's ok, the game and world is awesome.

Phenomenal game with a great atmosphere but some of the puzzles really highlight the old weakness of the genre. The puzzles in the woods in particular are just so obtuse but thankfully with the hint site it makes the whole experience a lot easier to enjoy

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Hmmm. 30FPS in Torchlight 3 really sucks. Is there an update incoming for the new consoles or something? Didn't I play Diablo 3 years ago on my PS4 in 60 FPS? Meh

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else find themselves just as eager to see what is leaving as what is new?

The leaving soon section is a great motivator to help me decide what to play next.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
It's me or Code Vein is rather easy? I only started the game yesterday, I put maybe 13 hours on it in two days because I got sucked into the game but according to the IGN walkthrough I only miss four locations to end the game?

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else find themselves just as eager to see what is leaving as what is new?

The leaving soon section is a great motivator to help me decide what to play next.

Yep. The number of games I want to play is huge, and the time I have to play them is not. So I often have to check "leaving soon" when it updates and then set aside the game I'm currently working on to devote my gaming time to something that is leaving— Either to play it to completion or to get enough of a taste to make a buy/don't buy decision later. The last time I skipped a major home console was the Saturn. For the first time ever, I'm considering not picking up a console (the PS5) just because I already can't keep up with everything I want to play. It isn't that there won't be PS5 games I want to play. It just may not make sense to buy a third console this generation when I can't keep up with the content on what I already own.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't think we'd get Control on PC tbh. Gives me hope EA Play will actually see the light of day

ThisIsPrfct

Jun 9, 2019
It's me or Code Vein is rather easy? I only started the game yesterday, I put maybe 13 hours on it in two days because I got sucked into the game but according to the IGN walkthrough I only miss four locations to end the game?
It depends... difficulty boils down to bullshit bosses doing arena wide attacks (if you're not summoning people for help) and certain deaths while fighting 5 enemies at the same time and getting perma staggered. Some boss battles are frustrating and kinda random but the game its really easy, more so with AI coop partner. Biggest letdown of the game are the dungeon like levels with assets repeating themselves everywhere, that cathedral map is really an eyesore. The story is quite good and I like the class/memories system... game is really average, nothing to write home about but a fine time waster.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
This service is blowing my mind. I never would have revisited JRPGs as some games soured me in the past.

Today I've sunk well over 90 hrs into Dragon Quest XI S, and once again a fan of this genre. I'm just amazed by what is on offer here.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Damn you Microsoft and your ridiculously good value offer. Just grabbed an Xbox One S (the one that takes discs) on the cheap because Game Pass is just too good to pass up. My first non-Nintendo console ever. Downloading all the Yakuza I can.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Damn you Microsoft and your ridiculously good value offer. Just grabbed an Xbox One S (the one that takes discs) on the cheap because Game Pass is just too good to pass up. My first non-Nintendo console ever. Downloading all the Yakuza I can.

Make sure you start with Zero! Assuming you're new to the series.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I did! Played on Game Pass on PC, and it's one of the best games I've ever played. Going to play the others (currently on C10 of Kiwami 1, and picked up LaD yesterday), but I'm definitely going to give 0 a few more playthroughs, it's perfect.

Like a Dragon is SO GOOD. You're gonna have a great time. It's the most Y0-like one in my opinion. In that it embraces the wackiness and humour in a way that the older games don't quite do as intentionally.

All great though.

Apr 24, 2018
Really happy to see the love that the DQ XI and the Yakuza games are getting in this thread. Anyone who hasn't played either DQ XI or any of the Yakuza games really should definitely give these games/series a shot, unless someone just absolutely hates the genre. Although, one thing I will say about DQ11 is that as charming and endearing as I found the game/characters/world, the story is basically non-existent and paper thin. If you go in expecting a great story, you may wind up a bit disappointed.

I'm not typically a huge fan of most modern platformers, although it was my second favorite genre growing up (behind jrpgs). That said, I was pleasantly surprised with Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair, which I wound up beating earlier today and enjoyed quite a bit. This game is exponentially better than its predecessor imo. That being said, it's still nowhere close to being as good as the classics like Super Mario World/Donkey Kong Country 2, like nearly all platformers.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Leaving at the end of the month:

FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION (Console)
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION (PC)
Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour (Console/PC)
Gris (PC)
Indivisible (Console/PC)
Sea Salt (Console/PC)

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ah best play Sea Salt so. Had been angling to try got while - as others have said, when a game goes into leaving soon it really motivates you to play it.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Are we due the second half of the month schedule today?

Although we already know about Cyber Shadow and The Medium so it's guaranteed to be awesome regardless 🙇‍♂️

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
What are the chances that Yakuza Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 will be removed from GP before the rest of the games are added to it?

I already played Zero on PS4, but wanted to replay it on Xbox and continue playing there.

Although we already know about Cyber Shadow and The Medium so it's guaranteed to be awesome regardless 🙇‍♂️

I always forget that Cyber Shadow is coming! January 2021 is such a gaming month for me!

vgp

Oct 31, 2017
how's indivisible? been meaning to play that but not going to try to cram it in before it leaves if it's not all that good.
I found indivisible quite average. It has a great potential, nice visuals and characters, it is innovative in its combat mechanics. But it gets quite repetitive and I stopped playing after maybe 2 hours of playtime. It was a great game to discover though.
It's part of these games I would like to enjoy but I don't.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
I found indivisible quite average. It has a great potential, nice visuals and characters, it is innovative in its combat mechanics. But it gets quite repetitive and I stopped playing after maybe 2 hours of playtime. It was a great game to discover though.
It's part of these games I would like to enjoy but I don't.
hmm yeah i'm thinking it's unlikely to grab me really. especially when i have stuff i know i will enjoy/already am enjoying to get through. cheers!

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Oh man, didn't know Cyber Shadow was coming! Nice.

I'm playing Undermine at the moment and it's a good roguelite. Happy you can get permanent upgrades that make each run a bit easier.

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
Time to actually sit and go through the FFXV DLC, only completed Prompto's back when they all came to GP.
how's indivisible? been meaning to play that but not going to try to cram it in before it leaves if it's not all that good.

I might still try to finish but as said above it's pretty average which is a shame as there's a lot of potential, especially as I was keen to play it after enjoying the alpha demo they released years ago.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Yep rest of this month's releases to be announced today. I just hope Yakuza Remastered is still on track.

Doubt about today, as it is monday.
No doubt about Yakuza, it's featured (with the date) in today's article about xbox only games for 2021 (even it they're not xbox only lol), and it is very soon (10 days omg). The games must be ported and uploaded to the servers already, patches certified, etc. All set probably.

Also, Darksiders Genesis I didn't finish. Maybe on pc at 60 fps it would feel better, but secrets-collectables design goes against its levels instead of open map design.
Indivisible is almost bad. I played a lot and got very near the end and no plan on finishing it. Try it for curiosity but believe me: it gets too repetitive and combat is grindy and gets quite boring, plot and characters may even be dislikeable. Plus I heard the last hours are really grindy for no reason or something like that.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Doubt about today, as it is monday.
No doubt about Yakuza, it's featured (with the date) in today's article about xbox only games for 2021 (even it they're not xbox only lol), and it is very soon (10 days omg). The games must be ported and uploaded to the servers already, patches certified, etc. All set probably.

Also, Darksiders Genesis I didn't finish. Maybe on pc at 60 fps it would feel better, but secrets-collectables design goes against its levels instead of open map design.
Indivisible is almost bad. I played a lot and got very near the end and no plan on finishing it. Try it for curiosity but believe me: it gets too repetitive and combat is grindy and gets quite boring, plot and characters may even be dislikeable. Plus I heard the last hours are really grindy for no reason or something like that.

Oh whoops you're right, today is Monday (and MLK Day at that)! Forgot that Tuesdays and Thursdays are the usual days for announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.