• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure, I read a while ago that a executive at Microsoft said that the EA games would be in GamePass for a while and it was a long time deal. So this make me not trust that Ubisoft thing at all.

Last edited:

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Finally joined the club

f0071ti.png

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any indication why more Final Fantasy games haven't come to Game Pass this year? I thought they were slated for 2020.

(I've been holding off on buying Zodiac Age for a year because of this lol)

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Finally joined the club

f0071ti.png
what dark magic is this?the ultimate sub is 36months max

Pretty I read a while ago that a executive at Microsoft said that the EA games would be in GamePass for a while and it was a long time deal. So this make me not trust that Ubisoft thing at all.

tbf like 2/3rds of ea play games are legacy 360 games and numbered sports franchises,dont see the reason for ea to pull out soon

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Killer Queen Black - Jan 5
The Medium & all Yakuzas - Jan 28

the new Game Pass for early Jan announcement should be next week too

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Should I play the first Ori before Will of the Wisps?
You don't have to really but I would say it is still worth it.
Don't have to but it is still a great game and the story has more weight to it if you play the first Ori.
I just answered the same thing here, but yes! Play the first Ori first.

For me it's not just about the story, it's that the game is just damned fun in its own right too. It's a brilliant and beautiful metroidvania with some amazing set pieces, some of which IMO are even better than those in Will of the Wisps.

If you play Blind Forest first, you're getting an extra 10-12 hours of goodness on top of Will of the Wisps. But if you play Will of the Wisps first, it'll be a bit more difficult to go back to the first game after.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Do we have any indication why more Final Fantasy games haven't come to Game Pass this year? I thought they were slated for 2020.

(I've been holding off on buying Zodiac Age for a year because of this lol)

One announcement said they were coming in 2020, but a different announcement said they were coming *beginning* in 2020. It now looks like the latter was accurate. As to why it's taking so long, my guess is this is what Square Enix negotiated so they could squeeze out a few more sales from GP subscribers.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I just answered the same thing here, but yes! Play the first Ori first.

For me it's not just about the story, it's that the game is just damned fun in its own right too. It's a brilliant and beautiful metroidvania with some amazing set pieces, some of which IMO are even better than those in Will of the Wisps.

If you play Blind Forest first, you're getting an extra 10-12 hours of goodness on top of Will of the Wisps. But if you play Will of the Wisps first, it'll be a bit more difficult to go back to the first game after.

Cool.

Man, as a new game pass subscriber, I am spoiled for good games to play right now.

Jun 15, 2020
Since Battleborn's servers close and the game will be unplayable in all modes on January 25th, they should just throw that up there for the last month. Let everyone try it before it dies forever. Couldn't hurt anything.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017

the new Game Pass for early Jan announcement should be next week too

Cyber Shadow on January 26 as well.

www.gematsu.com

Cyber Shadow launches January 26, 2021

Ninja action platformer Cyber Shadow will launch for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam, GOG, and the Humble Store on January 26, 2021 for $14.99, publ…

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I beat Yakuza Kiwami 1 a couple of days ago. I had given myself quite a few months (~3) since I beat Yakuza 0 to proceed to Yakuza Kiwami 1. And as much as I tried telling myself I was going to buffer some other games in before I got into Yakuza Kiwami 2, that quickly fell to the wayside. So, Kiryu Kazuma's adventures continue for me and wowzers at the graphical upgrade Kiwami 2 brings!

At least by the time Yakuza 3 hits Game Pass I'll have been forced to put the series on hiatus until then. I'm hoping 3-6 get Xbox Series upgrades, though. I've been playing Yakuza on the PC on a very capable rig, but I'd prefer hopping between different games via Quick Resume on the Xbox.

I can't gush about this series enough, though. Of course, it deserves all the praise it gets 'round here, but praise be to Game Pass, as well, for putting this franchise on the radar for me. I just don't think I'd had ever gotten to the PlayStation versions.

Well, shit. I thought Yakuza 3-6 hit Game Pass, oh, at least a month or two later than that! January is stacked for me, then; Hitman 3, The Medium, and Yakuza 3-6. Hitman 3 alone is sure to fill up plenty of gameplay time, then sprinkle the Yakuza games on top? I may not need any other games for months afterwards!

Deleted member 4852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I play Control or wait? I hear there will be a series patch but the game icon doesnt have the X/S label on it.

Jun 15, 2020
I beat Yakuza Kiwami 1 a couple of days ago. I had given myself quite a few months (~3) since I beat Yakuza 0 to proceed to Yakuza Kiwami 1. And as much as I tried telling myself I was going to buffer some other games in before I got into Yakuza Kiwami 2, that quickly fell to the wayside. So, Kiryu Kazuma's adventures continue for me and wowzers at the graphical upgrade Kiwami 2 brings!

At least by the time Yakuza 3 hits Game Pass I'll have been forced to put the series on hiatus until then. I'm hoping 3-6 get Xbox Series upgrades, though. I've been playing Yakuza on the PC on a very capable rig, but I'd prefer hopping between different games via Quick Resume on the Xbox.

I can't gush about this series enough, though. Of course, it deserves all the praise it gets 'round here, but praise be to Game Pass, as well, for putting this franchise on the radar for me. I just don't think I'd had ever gotten to the PlayStation versions.

Well, shit. I thought Yakuza 3-6 hit Game Pass, oh, at least a month or two later than that! January is stacked for me, then; Hitman 3, The Medium, and Yakuza 3-6. Hitman 3 alone is sure to fill up plenty of gameplay time, then sprinkle the Yakuza games on top? I may not need any other games for months afterwards!
I wish they were shorter. I know I'd like the series, but I don't wanna commit to something soooooo long.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got xbox gamepass with a new mouse for 9.99 its not gamepass ultimate tho can I combo that with the 1 buck for 3 month gpu.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Since Battleborn's servers close and the game will be unplayable in all modes on January 25th, they should just throw that up there for the last month. Let everyone try it before it dies forever. Couldn't hurt anything.
It's an interesting thought. I doubt Xbox would be too keen on it, because it would cheapen the brand, so to speak. But, I can see this being a more attractive sort of end of life thing for companies than just straight free to play (which has many of its own costs and concerns too). If they can get MS to pay for maybe 6 months of wind down, they can focus on ending these games on a positive foot, rather than just letting it slide to death. It wouldn't make any business sense for MS, but it might sort of solidify them as a refuge for companies. A little bit of goodwill can go a long way. (Still, the business case is suspect.)

I got xbox gamepass with a new mouse for 9.99 its not gamepass ultimate tho can I combo that with the 1 buck for 3 month gpu.
Yea, if you get the $1 deal, it transfers every month of Game Pass and of Xbox Live Gold 1:1 into GPU, on top of that 1 month you're paying for. If you ALREADY have GPU (in which case, you wouldn't have that deal available), then it gets converted at a lower rate. But yea.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Tried No Man's Sky and I can't believe how bad the tutorial is in this game. I mean, I just started and you immediately throw at me 500 different informations at the same time? Like, slow down pls. And wtf at that god-awful user interface.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
is there a cheap upgrade path to GPU for current GamePass PC users?
the same upgrade path as anyone else.

are you on a month-to-month subscription or do you have banked time? a month of prepaid gamepass PC will convert to a month of gamepass ultimate when you upgrade. go buy some cheap xbl gold cards if you want to extend your subscription. when you upgrade it'll give you ultimate time equal to the sum of your individual sub months, up to 3 years (ie 3 months gamepass pc + 12 months gold = 15 months ultimate plus whatever you get from the current promo)

DannyClash

Oct 25, 2017
I feel your pain! I'm at 66 and feel like the remaining third will take twice as long as the first two thirds.

I clicked the km achievement about 75 odd. I felt there was a spike about then. I've been pumping this out in between games the last few days, may need a breather I'm feeling the burn.

However, my twin stick game will thank me for playing this

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
is there a cheap upgrade path to GPU for current GamePass PC users?

Do you have any months remaining on your subscription? If you don't have many outstanding months, your best bet is to let your subscription wind down, then buy 3x 12 months Xbox Live Gold for £120/$180 and convert them to Game Pass Ultimate. You can get the 12 month Gold codes from CDKeys.com

Make sure you only add the gold subscriptions once you have let your initial subscription expire, or it won't work.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Quoting myself from Deliver Us the Moon OT. Please buy/play this game.

This is an Indie? How the fuck? It was soooo good. I am honestly surprised it hasnt even 80 on MC... are we sure they didnt have any big backing? It seems like aa-aaa level. Really recommend for anyone, not just through Game Pass.

Do we know if it broke even or what is next for the dev?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I'd guess announcements next Tuesday. Today is new year, give it a rest. I don't think there would be much in January anyway apart from what's known already. December was strong.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have any months remaining on your subscription? If you don't have many outstanding months, your best bet is to let your subscription wind down, then buy 3x 12 months Xbox Live Gold for £120/$180 and convert them to Game Pass Ultimate. You can get the 12 month Gold codes from CDKeys.com

Make sure you only add the gold subscriptions once you have let your initial subscription expire, or it won't work.
he does not need to let his gamepass PC expire before doing this.

BarryBJeans

Jul 22, 2019
Not sure if this is the right thread for this or not, but I'm playing Jedi: Fallen Order on my Series X and it takes a while to load. I know I have gotten spoiled with the series X, but I was able to get into next gen games in under 30 seconds. But with JFO, I have enough time to doomscroll on twitter. Anyone else have this problem>

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
i have to rebuy something to play. i play only on pc, so no ultimate is ok. what do you think i should buy?

Last edited:

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Not sure if this is the right thread for this or not, but I'm playing Jedi: Fallen Order on my Series X and it takes a while to load. I know I have gotten spoiled with the series X, but I was able to get into next gen games in under 30 seconds. But with JFO, I have enough time to doomscroll on twitter. Anyone else have this problem>
I had the exact same issue when I tried it. Took forever for it to load anything and it's the only game were it takes forever for anything to load up. I had enough when it took around 20-30 seconds to respawn after I die. Which considering the more Souls like elements, got annoying rather quickly.

I can't imagine the load times with just an HDD if it takes so long on an SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.