• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing Wilmot's Warehouse. It has a simple and creative idea. 20% tetris, 50% overcooked, and 30% organizing kinda game. But it gets overwhelming after midpoint. You have to manage 200 different items. I'll beat the game because it's interesting enough. But I'll not try to got a lot of achievements from it.

That's about where I landed on it as well. I find the loop pretty enjoyable but once you get like half the inventory unlocked the game starts to get really stressful, haha. I end up spending every new "take stock" phase rearranging the whole warehouse only for it to feel messy and obsolete a few items later, haha.

Like you, I'll probably see it through to the "end" but don't see myself trying to 100% it.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
sooo...
www.dualshockers.com

Rumor Claims Ubisoft+ Will Join Xbox Game Pass Next Year

According to a rumor, Ubisoft+ will be joining Xbox Game Pass next year in a similar way to how EA Play has earlier this year.

this is big if true
however, crossing my fingets if it comes to PC, there is no new ubisoft games on windows store.

Feels unlikely to me for something like to sit waiting until Holiday 2021 and get leaked this early. I idea that EA being removed after a year kind of stinks too.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
sooo...
www.dualshockers.com

According to a rumor, Ubisoft+ will be joining Xbox Game Pass next year in a similar way to how EA Play has earlier this year.

this is big if true
however, crossing my fingets if it comes to PC, there is no new ubisoft games on windows store.

Seems unlikely given U+ would cannibalize sales of new releases while EA play does not. Maybe they'll do a similar one year release window or something.

V intrigued that Obsidian is working on 6 games, which seems too good to be true but makes sense that there's at least one non-Outer Worlds, non-Avowed project being worked on since Josh Sawyer isnt on either of those (unless he's just chilling in early retirement).

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Seems unlikely given U+ would cannibalize sales of new releases while EA play does not. Maybe they'll do a similar one year release window or something.

V intrigued that Obsidian is working on 6 games, which seems too good to be true but makes sense that there's at least one non-Outer Worlds, non-Avowed project being worked on since Josh Sawyer isnt on either of those (unless he's just chilling in early retirement).
also U+ is $15 for a month, very expansive comapred to $5 for ea play or $10 for game pass.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
sooo...
www.dualshockers.com

this is big if true

These are completely unsourced rumors and speculation. Literally no substance at all, and not even a mild attempt to credit it to an insider. Someone just put together a list of the standard ones that always make the rounds ("Microsoft is going to buy Sega") and it got shared a few times. The part about EA Play leaving is literally just a guess by the writer at dualshockers who already cautioned in that article that they were just rumors with zero source.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
wait. EA play is only for 1 year? WTF
where did you read that?

It's in the article they linked with the rumors. While the rest of the article is about rumors I wouldn't be surprised if EA only did a one year deal at most for EA Play. I don't know what kind of deal they inked but they're going to want to see what the long term financial benefit is before committing anything that would be longer than a year.

I wouldn't be surprised is a smaller scale version of UPlay+ ended up on Game Pass at some point, one that didn't include new releases but included games over a year old from their catalogue.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Just finished Yakuza 0, damn... I'm a believer now, what a game, this has to be one of the best videogame stories of all time, right? So good! Just started Yakuza Kiwami as well.

and I still have to finish Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Gears Tactics and so many others, also just bought Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, now to find time to finish all these games 🤡

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Couple of chapters into Carto, it's lovely. Very charming and enjoying the puzzles so far.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
It's in the article they linked with the rumors. While the rest of the article is about rumors I wouldn't be surprised if EA only did a one year deal at most for EA Play. I don't know what kind of deal they inked but they're going to want to see what the long term financial benefit is before committing anything that would be longer than a year.

I wouldn't be surprised is a smaller scale version of UPlay+ ended up on Game Pass at some point, one that didn't include new releases but included games over a year old from their catalogue.
I doubt its one year since they said the deal wqs long term.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Hivebusters, haven't played a Gears game since the original. Is there a way to switch who you control that I am not seeing? Ability descriptions always mentioned "when this person is controlled by AI"

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I redeemed 12000 Microsoft Reward points and added another month of GamePass Ultimate to my account. Feels good.
Does this just stack at the end of your current subscription automatically or do they give you a code?

My account is paid off until 9/22/2023. I know you're only allowed to stack 3 years in advance however a 3 month code would push me out to 12/22/2023 which is just under 3 years. This should work right?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Does this just stack at the end of your current subscription automatically or do they give you a code?

My account is paid off until 9/22/2023. I know you're only allowed to stack 3 years in advance however a 3 month code would push me out to 12/22/2023 which is just under 3 years. This should work right?
Yes.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018

They email you a code and you get roughly 3 months to redeem it (the expiration date will be in the email). Mine is currently paid until December 5 2023. So I can extend it another month by redeeming a code on January 6.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
That's about where I landed on it as well. I find the loop pretty enjoyable but once you get like half the inventory unlocked the game starts to get really stressful, haha. I end up spending every new "take stock" phase rearranging the whole warehouse only for it to feel messy and obsolete a few items later, haha.

Like you, I'll probably see it through to the "end" but don't see myself trying to 100% it.
I beat it yesterday and got only 310/1000 achievement points. Most of the achievements are getting a combination of 4 different items in the same category (e.g. 4 astronomy items) and you may not get these items because in a play through you get only 200 items out of 500 possible ones 🙄

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I beat it yesterday and got only 310/1000 achievement points. Most of the achievements are getting a combination of 4 different items in the same category (e.g. 4 astronomy items) and you may not get these items because in a play through you get only 200 items out of 500 possible ones 🙄

Haha, then yeah, I don't see myself doing all of it. Multiple playthroughs would probably be a little too stressful for me, haha.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Where's the Rewards thread? Can't find it.
Made 4K points this month and I began to make an effort to gain points only last week.

Jan 4, 2018
I finished Observation and I loved it. Not too long, relaxing and very good sci-fi atmosphere. I would never have played it without Game Pass.

And it has some great Prey/Alien Isolation vibes

It made me want to try Deliver Us the Moon now.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I'm almost done with Cross Code. I'm a fair bit less satisfied with it than when I stopped it when I had it on Steam in Early Access years ago (or with my last check in like 15 hours of gameplay ago). It's a well made game with good puzzles and stuff. But, the challenge seems a bit unbalanced, the gameplay isn't engaging enough to justify its length IMO, and the story gets doled out at a languid pace. This is a game that would do with a lot fewer puzzles and areas - especially tight jumping puzzles with annoying timing or combinations of moves. I obviously appreciate all the work that went into these areas, but IMO the game would be MUCH better if they just cut half the content and made it a far more streamlined experience.

I think it's a more impressive game than ikenfell, but I've preferred that game (even with some pacing and balance issues of its own) over CrossCode. That said, it's still a good game. I want to see the story through - kinda-ish. And I'm glad they included the difficulty sliders - you can turn down enemy damage, enemy attack rate, and the timing windows for puzzles (which helps when the later puzzles require precision jumping, aiming, and shot selection, often under fire - which can sometimes feel impossible with the wrong build.)

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm almost done with Cross Code. I'm a fair bit less satisfied with it than when I stopped it when I had it on Steam in Early Access years ago (or with my last check in like 15 hours of gameplay ago). It's a well made game with good puzzles and stuff. But, the challenge seems a bit unbalanced, the gameplay isn't engaging enough to justify its length IMO, and the story gets doled out at a languid pace. This is a game that would do with a lot fewer puzzles and areas - especially tight jumping puzzles with annoying timing or combinations of moves. I obviously appreciate all the work that went into these areas, but IMO the game would be MUCH better if they just cut half the content and made it a far more streamlined experience.

I think it's a more impressive game than ikenfell, but I've preferred that game (even with some pacing and balance issues of its own) over CrossCode. That said, it's still a good game. I want to see the story through - kinda-ish. And I'm glad they included the difficulty sliders - you can turn down enemy damage, enemy attack rate, and the timing windows for puzzles (which helps when the later puzzles require precision jumping, aiming, and shot selection, often under fire - which can sometimes feel impossible with the wrong build.)
I just wanted to echo your take on Crosscode. It's starts hot and hit all the nostalgia buttons for me but wore out it's welcome around 10-15 hours in.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I've been enjoying Monster Train so much that I thought I'd go for all the achievements, but even after 40 or so hours of playing I still haven't been able to score 50,000+ on a daily challenge, haha. Covenant 25? No problem! 50,000 score on aaaaaany daily challenge? FRAUD DETECTED.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Really hope they continue their streak and announce some great games coming to Game Pass in January. I am hoping for Fallout 4 w/60fps mode on Series S|X, and and the entire Doom franchise.

tt7n4

Oct 29, 2017
I finished SW:Fallen Order and Doom Eternal. I think Doom Eternal is better than Doom 2016. Love both games. What should i play next ERA?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has barely played soulsborne games, is code vein good?

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Yeh I saw that earlier but wasn't sure if I could trust such short footage from a YouTuber I'd never heard of.

I'm a day late to this, but I have about ~20 hours in Code Vein and it is 60. Haven't seen any noticeable drops in that time, either. It seems to at least target 60 on One X as well; I tried it for a bit there and there were plenty of drops, but on Series X it seems solid.

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
is there a list of xbox/pc crossplay games, I got my wife a series S for her birthday. I'm leaning towards sea of thieves for some fun pirate co-op but would like to be able to give her some other options.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a day late to this, but I have about ~20 hours in Code Vein and it is 60. Haven't seen any noticeable drops in that time, either. It seems to at least target 60 on One X as well; I tried it for a bit there and there were plenty of drops, but on Series X it seems solid.
Note I was talking about Series S, not X! But yes, having played it now, it is 60 on S.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
When does MS usually announce what is coming to Game Pass for the month? Just curious since it is almost the end of December and aside from Yakuza 3-5, along with The Medium, they haven't announced anything.

I got tons to play but it's just nice to know when drops happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.