• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
My first free month sub just expired. So now I can buy 2 years of gold and then it will prompt me to convert to Ultimate for 1 euro? I need to be sure that it is going to work before I buy 2 years of gold. Also there is no option for 3 months of ultimate for 1 euro for me, is it because I already used my 1 free month?

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
My first free month sub just expired. So now I can buy 2 years of gold and then it will prompt me to convert to Ultimate for 1 euro? I need to be sure that it is going to work before I buy 2 years of gold. Also there is no option for 3 months of ultimate for 1 euro for me, is it because I already used my 1 free month?
As long as your account doesn"'t have a Game Pass Ultimate active subscription, it will work. It won't be 1 euro though, but 12.99 as you already used that deal in the past (the 1 free month thing).
So :
1) check on your Microsoft Account that your Game Pass Ultimate is expired
2)if it's the case, buy up to 36 months of live gold
3) convert to Ultimate for 12.99 euro

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
As long as your account doesn"'t have a Game Pass Ultimate active subscription, it will work. It won't be 1 euro though, but 12.99 as you already used that deal in the past (the 1 free month thing).
So :
1) check on your Microsoft Account that your Game Pass Ultimate is expired
2)if it's the case, buy up to 36 months of live gold
3) convert to Ultimate for 12.99 euro

Thanks, it worked. I wish I didn't have to play that additional 13 euro tho, but I didn't know that when I got my Series S.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Game streaming relies on a very solid, consistent connection. Netflix can just buffer to account for a certain amount of inconsistency. Latency is also not really a concern with Netflix.

If the Wifi signal indicator on your device is going from great to bad like you're describing, that's a problem on your end - not xCloud's.
Well, i can play PsNow and stadia without issues. So no, problem is not on my end.

Jul 26, 2018
How likely to get Divinity OS2, MGSV Phantom Pain on GP? For days I haven't found any enticing new game to play, went thru the Opencritic Mighty list and found these two but I'm not sure they click for me, would love to try them first.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Wait, doesn't PSNow servers use Microsoft tech? (Azure)
I don't know. I know Stadia worlks flawlessly, on pc and Android, so does PSNow on console and PC for me. At home using WiFi.
And when i play xCloud the experience is worse. In my s10+ is better, still not as good Stadia and Psnow, but playable, so i guess the app is not great for mid range devices, because i also tested on a mid range phone and performance was bad.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I found out the other day that if you buy a 12 month EA pass (in the UK) for just under £17, it automatically converts to 4 months of Gamepass Ultimate which isn't bad I'd say.

This is how much it costs at Shopto anyway, it might be cheaper elsewhere.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I tried to start Fallen Order over the weekend, and within 20 minutes of both play sessions I felt extremely motion sick. I think it's the way the camera kinda makes quick snappy motions when you control it. It sucks getting old. 👴🏻

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I tried to start Fallen Order over the weekend, and within 20 minutes of both play sessions I felt extremely motion sick. I think it's the way the camera kinda makes quick snappy motions when you control it. It sucks getting old. 👴🏻

Try disabling motion blur and other visual stuff to see if it works better for you.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Started playing Children of Morta with my nephew in coop. I've heard all the praise for the title a long time ago but I had not started it up yet because I wanted to play it with him. What. A. Game. Absolutely blown away by the gameplay and skill upgrades and the way the story progresses so naturally, making you invested in the fate of everybody. New playable characters are introduced at such a nice pace and it's rewarding to play them all a lot.

How likely to get Divinity OS2, MGSV Phantom Pain on GP? For days I haven't found any enticing new game to play, went thru the Opencritic Mighty list and found these two but I'm not sure they click for me, would love to try them first.

MGS HD Collection and MGS V both have been on Game Pass and the latter was also on Games with Gold. I wouldn't hold my breath to see it on Game Pass again soon.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
One of my buddies from high school and I have been playing co-op through all the Halo campaigns together, and one of our friends would hop in from time to time, but we've finally finished Halo 5. What should we play next? Something on Game Pass, and something where our other friend can join us sometimes. We were thinking of Deep Rock Galactic or Vermintide, but I don't know anything about either game. Anybody have anything to recommend?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
One of my buddies from high school and I have been playing co-op through all the Halo campaigns together, and one of our friends would hop in from time to time, but we've finally finished Halo 5. What should we play next? Something on Game Pass, and something where our other friend can join us sometimes. We were thinking of Deep Rock Galactic or Vermintide, but I don't know anything about either game. Anybody have anything to recommend?

What about Gears 5? Played that yet?

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
I liked Unto the End. Super minimalist and can definately see a lot people absolutely hate it - but I enjoyed the combat once you get into the flow of it and can read the enemies attacks. I did play with Combat Assist mode enabled and not sure exactly what it did, but other than the final boss I don't think any other encounter ever took more than 2 attempts. Only 1-2 hours long as well.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020
Started playing Children of Morta with my nephew in coop. I've heard all the praise for the title a long time ago but I had not started it up yet because I wanted to play it with him. What. A. Game. Absolutely blown away by the gameplay and skill upgrades and the way the story progresses so naturally, making you invested in the fate of everybody. New playable characters are introduced at such a nice pace and it's rewarding to play them all a lot.
Have they added online yet? Feels like they promised it ages ago.

Jun 15, 2020
Hell yes to both Deep Rock Galactic and Vermintide 2. Vermintide had a Series X update recently, looks fantastic.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017

Giant bomb seemed to be having a lot of fun with deep rock. There's also grounded which people like but I'm not sure how much content is in it yet.

If you want something more chill there's always minecraft, astroneer or sea of thieves.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm loving Jedi Fallen Order but some of the difficulty spikes are pretty frustrating.

I'm not opposed to difficult games but in this case there was a certain flying boss that was annoying - the game says "click the right stick to change lock-on" but it only sporadically locked-on to the enemies wings, usually it just locked onto the main body, and when it flew somewhat far away it would break lock-on entirely.

Glad the game doesn't have any achievements tied to difficulty setting - I turned it down to Story mode which made things laughably easy (no middle ground at all between incredibly frustrating and really easy) and then turned it back up.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
What about Gears 5? Played that yet?
Hell yes to both Deep Rock Galactic and Vermintide 2. Vermintide had a Series X update recently, looks fantastic.
Giant bomb seemed to be having a lot of fun with deep rock. There's also grounded which people like but I'm not sure how much content is in it yet.

If you want something more chill there's always minecraft, astroneer or sea of thieves.

My wife and I have actually been playing through the Gears games all year, so that one's taken! I'll definitely watch the Giant Bomb videos for Vermintide and Deep Rock, I'm actually a premium member but only to listen to the Hot Spot, I don't watch a lot of online videos but just really support them.

Thank you!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
My wife and I have actually been playing through the Gears games all year, so that one's taken! I'll definitely watch the Giant Bomb videos for Vermintide and Deep Rock, I'm actually a premium member but only to listen to the Hot Spot, I don't watch a lot of online videos but just really support them.

Thank you!
Sea of Thieves is a great game for groups, especially for sporadic players

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Vermintide is literally just L4D with some RPG elements. I enjoyed the first game, havent played the second game.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes Your Grace is incredible.
Call of the Sea made me motion sick within 15 minutes.
Scourgebringer has bad rougelite design that makes the excellent combat pointless. Damn shame.

It's been a busy two days of gamepass lol.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

I played a lot of Vermintide 2 - it was fun.

Like someone else said, it's a lot like Left 4 Dead. You run through levels while it throws somewhat randomized mobs of enemies at you. Combat is mostly of the first-person melee variety, but there's a class that can use bows, and another that can use spells. It gets really hard at higher difficulties, because of the sheer number of enemies it throws at you.

I've not played DRG, but I've watched gameplay, and it looked fun.

Not sure how you feel about Gears of War, but if you want something you can do in co-op, Gears 5's campaign is good for two people (kinda bad for three). You could also give the game's Horde Mode a try - it's max five player co-op and has something like 18 different classes you can experiment with.

There's lots to potentially recommend, but it kinda depends on what games you like.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I'm playing Wilmot's Warehouse. It has a simple and creative idea. 20% tetris, 50% overcooked, and 30% organizing kinda game. But it gets overwhelming after midpoint. You have to manage 200 different items. I'll beat the game because it's interesting enough. But I'll not try to got a lot of achievements from it.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Phogs has been an amazing little experience with my BF. Enjoying the levels a lot so far and love how I can find stuff like this with GP :)

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good kid's games on game pass? I ended up with an extra Series X I gave my brother, but he mainly plays with his daughter (8 years old). The Impossible Lair looked like something she would enjoy, but I heard it is a pretty tough game later on.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Are there any good kid's games on game pass? I ended up with an extra Series X I gave my brother, but he mainly plays with his daughter (8 years old). The Impossible Lair looked like something she would enjoy, but I heard it is a pretty tough game later on.

pretty lacking

My kids like Minecraft Dungeons

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Kid Friendly Games-

Banjo Kazooie Series
De Blob
Disneyland Adventures
Goat Simulator?
Max Curse of Brotherhood
Minecraft Dungeons
Minecraft
New Super Lucky Tale / Super Lucky Tale (both are available - New is the updated version)
Rush Disney Pixar Adventure
Slime Rancher?
Terraria
Viva Pinata

EA Play
Sims 4?

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Been playing Wilmot's Warehouse with my wife and we're enjoying it a lot. Very interested to google storage strats after we're done to see how well we did. The time-lapse feature is really awesome to watch.

Very relaxing and rewarding experience.

FantasyFreak07

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a lot of fun with Code Vein! The gift system is a cool addition to the standard Dark Souls formula. The game also looks sharp as hell on Series X.

Status
Not open for further replies.