• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Gonna throw this in here, but I started trying out Discord over the weekend (I know, welcome to 2015, Brat) but for the life of me, I couldn't get the overlay working in Game Pass games (was aiming for Among Us specifically). I know how to turn it on, tried some different Admin Mode-type tricks, turned Hardware Acceleration on and off, etc. It seemed to work immediately with other games (tried Drawful 2 from Steam and Bugsnax on Epic, both worked straight away) but when playing Among Us or Wilmott's Warehouse (both on Game Pass PC) no dice.

Is this a common issue or just something wonky on my end?

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Signed up for the 3 months for £1 deal and I just cannot get the perks to show. Have tried it on both PC and Android and it just refuses to show them. Works on the iOS app but won't let you actually redeem them there. Anybody else had this problem?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna throw this in here, but I started trying out Discord over the weekend (I know, welcome to 2015, Brat) but for the life of me, I couldn't get the overlay working in Game Pass games (was aiming for Among Us specifically). I know how to turn it on, tried some different Admin Mode-type tricks, turned Hardware Acceleration on and off, etc. It seemed to work immediately with other games (tried Drawful 2 from Steam and Bugsnax on Epic, both worked straight away) but when playing Among Us or Wilmott's Warehouse (both on Game Pass PC) no dice.

I don't know, sorry. I've had the same behaviour but never tried to "fix" it.

From reading about lots of troubles with the windows store, I know the games are packeged as strange things in the windows ecosystem. They're buried in strange containers etc. So quite possible that discord can't tell a game is running and so doesn't create the overlay. Or something on windows end blocks it.

Lots of pc people use discord, and at least SOME of them still use the windows store...so this must have come up somewhere I would have thought.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Bought a 3 month gpu card redeemed it and I got 2 months only? I don't even know who to complain about this.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Quick Q: Bungie have been quite vocal about Destiny 2 staying on GP, so is there any reason I would consider picking it up on sale? Just wondering if I'm missing anything and couldn't get an answer in the Sale OT

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Well I threw the card away after redeeming but I don't think they sell regular gp cards on stores here, just ultimate. Eh, whatever, at least it was a 3m to 2m and not a 6m one

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017

I've never used the overlay before in any game. What do you need it for?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I finished Gears tactics. Very fun gameplay with perfect difficulty balance for me. Loved upgrading and leveling too, cool skills. Look at that gameplay if you haven't given it a chance

Yep getting back into the game now. I played it on PC and considered it a solid 8 only brought down by the over-use of boring side missions. Heard the new additions (which are all in the Series X version) helped diversify the gameplay and make it even better. Looking forward to diving back in.

How long did your play through take?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Well I threw the card away after redeeming but I don't think they sell regular gp cards on stores here, just ultimate. Eh, whatever, at least it was a 3m to 2m and not a 6m one

A 3-month Xbox Game Pass (not Ultimate) card would convert to 2 months if you already have a GPU subscription. Do you remember if it was a grey or green card? If you really did end up with a bad code like that, then you could always try to reach out to Microsoft support to get it remedied, provided you have proof of purchase and the code.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020

The discord overlay is a mess in every game from my experience. In wow when i turned it on the game straight up fruzw and then it worked again if i turned it off. I had to turn it on and then restart the game and then it would kind of work

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
A 3-month Xbox Game Pass (not Ultimate) card would convert to 2 months if you already have a GPU subscription. Do you remember if it was a grey or green card? If you really did end up with a bad code like that, then you could always try to reach out to Microsoft support to get it remedied, provided you have proof of purchase and the code.

Card was grey for sure. Green cards here are just live i think. Also thats the point, i dont have the card anymore, i didnt realize it at the time, just now that the system told me i'm one month away from it ending and thought "wait what? i thought i had three months?"

Its not such a big deal anyway. Just a minor bummer.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Yep getting back into the game now. I played it on PC and considered it a solid 8 only brought down by the over-use of boring side missions. Heard the new additions (which are all in the Series X version) helped diversify the gameplay and make it even better. Looking forward to diving back in.

How long did your play through take?
Not sure how long it took, played a mission or two every night after the kids were asleep for a 2-3 weeks. Really enjoyed it, and in my opinion, the missions were both varied and kept me entertained.

also, I really recommend playing the yakuza games. I already played most yakuza games before getting an xbox, but yakuza kiwami 2 was new for me. And I played the original yakuza 2 back when it released on ps2, so I had a blast with this remake.

check it out :)

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Not sure how long it took, played a mission or two every night after the kids were asleep for a 2-3 weeks. Really enjoyed it, and in my opinion, the missions were both varied and kept me entertained.

also, I really recommend playing the yakuza games. I already played most yakuza games before getting an xbox, but yakuza kiwami 2 was new for me. And I played the original yakuza 2 back when it released on ps2, so I had a blast with this remake.

check it out :)

Ironically I just finished Yakuza LAD. First Yakuza game I beat. I only played 0 for a couple hours. After LAD, I'm all in on the franchise. Game was incredible. Even though the gameplay is quite different in LAD compared to the others, I think I understand the IP now. Yakuza 0 is in my gaming batter's box again. lol

sox

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Gato Roboto. Serviceable Metroid clone but by the end I was a bit bored to be honest. Will finish off Streets of Rage 4 next and probably move onto something that will that a bit longer to complete. The smaller games are enticing to start with but I think I'm burning out on them.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll go back and finish Full Throttle today. I stopped a few weeks ago when I lost 45min worth of progress, but I'm ready to jump back in

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Ironically I just finished Yakuza LAD. First Yakuza game I beat. I only played 0 for a couple hours. After LAD, I'm all in on the franchise. Game was incredible. Even though the gameplay is quite different in LAD compared to the others, I think I understand the IP now. Yakuza 0 is in my gaming batter's box again. lol

It's only the combat that's really different tbh. I think overall I prefer it in LAD, but it did lose the environmental Heat moves, which I hope they can bring back in future games.

What you may find annoying going back to 0 though, is the loading when entering restaurants & shops.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
It's only the combat that's really different tbh. I think overall I prefer it in LAD, but it did lose the environmental Heat moves, which I hope they can bring back in future games.

What you may find annoying going back to 0 though, is the loading when entering restaurants & shops.

Ah yeah....the lack of loading in LAD was nice. I was never able to read a tip screen. lol

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Out of all the different sort of PC overlays (steam/ other clients, Nvidia, game bar, etc), the discord overlay by far works the least often for me. I basically never expect it to work.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Got in my Xbox one 2 days ago, Yakuza Zero, Kingdom hearts 1/2 and sunset overdrive(and a few smaller things) are installed and ready to go, plan to fire things up today

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
Its not a gamepass game but we can play Overwatch free for two weeks (December 21 - January 4) its Xbox One X enhanced so it should be 4k 60fps on series X.

Get Overwatch® 2 | Xbox

OVERWATCH 2, A FUTURE WORTH FIGHTING FOR! Overwatch 2 is an always-on and ever-evolving free-to-play, team-based action game set in an optimistic future, where every match is the ultimate 5v5 battlefield brawl.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any (unofficial) list with third-party games that are supposed to be leaving at a certain date? Or with educated guesses?

I know there's a 2 weeks notice, but I still have tons to play. I would love to start with games that will most likely be removed soon.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Is there any (unofficial) list with third-party games that are supposed to be leaving at a certain date? Or with educated guesses?

I know there's a 2 weeks notice, but I still have tons to play. I would love to start with games that will most likely be removed soon.

Almost all games leave after exactly a year, although I'm seeing a trend of games staying well past that or leaving-then-rejoining shortly after. I usually do an internet search for what games released 9-12 months ago and work from there, and it's helped my backlog tremendously. i.e., search up Xbox Game Pass December 2019 or January 2020 and there's a good chance some of those games are leaving soon.

This is a simple trick that everyone here should follow and I constantly see people who don't realize it, lol.

pizzaparty

Oct 28, 2017
Beyond Light being on Game Pass made me play enough to justify buying it on Steam to play with a friend's clan. >:l

randomelder

Oct 26, 2017
as someone new to gamepass and xbox with the exact same question as people above, i was trying to search around for a comprehensive gamepass games history list and eventually found this, which i think is extremely useful

docs.google.com

Game Pass Master List

Master List Complete Game Pass Master List by u/ABattleVet,548,<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19RorxFhWc2lHocg4c9zrVssSwZq1u2nPcpTsAvzdJQw">Playstation Plus</a>,See suggestions tab for color coding,The community can add games to cross play/play anywhere,Public Notes Game,System,...

i also think it's funny that you can apparently keep your xbox gold games permanently, for 360 and og xbox games only, but only if you add them using an old store link? weird workaround but if i get breakdown forever next month i'll take it!

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Almost there with Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair - the Impossible Lair is a proper bastard even with all 48 bee guards.

Oct 25, 2017
Can I moan about the PC app here? I wanted to play Moto GP 2020 and my PC has restarted each time I boot the game.

Even got a blue screen "Windows didn't load correctly" error message.

I normally wouldn't be too fussed as I'm no stranger to Gamespass jank but I had my old man ready to try a video game for once.

Ce la vie.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Can I moan about the PC app here? I wanted to play Moto GP 2020 and my PC has restarted each time I boot the game.

I normally wouldn't be too fussed as I'm no stranger to Gamespass jank but I had my old man ready to try a video game for once.

Ce la vie.
I have given up on pc gamepass. It was good in the begunning, but now I have
  • Games that do not start
  • Games that do not uninstall
  • Games that do not install

viandante

Apr 24, 2020

Ce la vie.

yeah, it's pretty bad. almost makes me just want to buy an xbox. perhaps that's the plan!

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Well gamepass has an unexpected library of kids games and my 4 year old is loving the Disney land game. Great stuff

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
In the end, The Medium could have stolen CP2077's thunder by virtue of not being broken. Oh well, just one month.

I really doubt that. CP2077 is big not because of when it's releasing but because of all the hype. The Medium doesn't have that going for it as even if it was the most polished game of all time it wouldn't have made a huge splash.

That said, I'm starved for a true next-gen experience on Series X and can't wait to try this game. I'm glad it was pushed out what with all the other December games they've dumped on us.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
In the end, The Medium could have stolen CP2077's thunder by virtue of not being broken. Oh well, just one month.

I don't see it. CP had so much hype behind it and cyberpunk is an under serviced subgenre in the AAA space. It's not as though folks are wanting for games to play right now, no matter what forum chatter might suggest. You got ACV, Immortals and Yakuza as open world games alone.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
1000/1000 on Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair. I liked it, but definitely frustrating at times difficulty wise - a few enemies in particular were really irritating, like the helicopter enemies that shoot a spike out their arse, absolute bastards.

The structure of the game was good fun, with the really interactive overworld and the final level being accessible right from the start. Not on the level of the Donkey Kong Country Returns games but would recommend if you liked those and fancied something similar.

Unto the End next I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.